#16

Doctors

"Kim Saehyun! What's wrong?!" I heard Heechul oppa scream from outside of the room.

Another voice joined in, "What are you waiting for, hyung? Just go in!" 

"Yah! She's a girl- what if she's or something?" A smacking sound was heard. It seemed like the older guy hit Luhan on his head. "Aiyaaa, Saehyun-ah! Are you ?"

Another hitting sound appeared, "Have you no sense, Luhan?!" Heechul hissed.

Minho shifted uncomfortably next to me to get off the bed; My bed. "Umm, I'm sorry." he muttered without even looking at me in the eye. I nodded and stayed in my silenced state. He walked over and opened the door, revealing both Heechul and Luhan in their bed-heads. "H-hyung.." Luhan choked, "Why were you in there?"

The guy just shook his head in reply and paced towards his own room, feeling the hangover taking charge of his body. I looked near the door to find my two other roomates peering at me in confused expressions. "Saehyun-ah? What happened?"

"I don't know.." I seriously didn't. How did Choi Minho- out of all people- end up sleeping next to me in my bed? 

"Earlier, was Choi Minho. Another one of our roomates." Heechul gave me a questioning look and asked, "Do you two know eachother?" making Luhan glance at me intriguingly. I sent them the slightest of nods and replied, "We used to be close in highschool."

"Did you guys possibly-" Luhan started; only to earn another slap in the back of his head from his hyung. "Yah! Innapropriate bastard!"

"I WASN'T GOING TO SAY THAT, HYUNG." The youngster retaliated. "You assume way too much."

I raised my hand to stop them from quarreling and stood up from my bed, "No, we didn't. I guess he just got into the wrong room when he was drunk-" I trailed off with my sentence. The two boys nodded understandingly and shrugged, "Well, if you want breakfast, hyung's going to make some pancakes. Go get ready."

"Get ready?" I asked blankly.

Heechul sighed, "Yeah. Wash up, change clothes- do whatever you females need to in the morning."

After taking a quick rinse in the shower and brushing my teeth, I slipped on a comfy hoodie and some sweatpants. I wandered into the neat kitchen, following the wonderful scent of bacon and pancakes. Heechul was the one cooking while whistling a tune, Luhan sat on the small dining table, already munching on some crunchy toast. "Hey Stella, sit here." he pulled out a chair next to him. 

I oblidged and made myself comfortable before taking a plate full of scrambled eggs and bacon. "Is this Minho's?" I asked.

The pretty boy stopped eating and looked at me with his large eyes, "Yes. How did you know?" 

I laughed at his confused-looking face. "I told you; we used to be close. He likes them scrambled, while I like it as an omelet."

"Omelet?" Heechul hummed from his spot. "Coming right up hon!"

I shook my head amusedly and said aloud to him, "How are you such a good cook, oppa?"

He gave me a small wink as he continued preparing our breakfast. "Not to brag or anything- but I'm more girl-material than most females I've met." he bragged, "I mean, look at me!" the guy posed exaggeratedly, poking his cheek with a finger, "I'm so darn gorgeous!"

Luhan coughed as a result and retorted, "Stop it hyung. Even if you were a girl, I would never date you." 

"That's because you simply have no taste." the latter spoke back. I laughed along until I received my meal that Heechul oppa prepared. After I finished the hearty meal, I felt a hand poke my shoulder and it turned out to be Heechul oppa. "Saehyun-ah, can you go to Minho's room to bring him his breakfast? And please make sure to give him this for his hangover," he said, handing out a small bottle to me, "Thanks!"

"But- can't Luhan do it instead?" I asked desperately.

The mentioned boy waved a finger at me, "Nu-uh. Can't, I sort of have a schedule to attend. See ya!" he announced as he walked out the apartment.

I scoffed in disbelief and turned to Heechul, "What's your excuse?" He shrugged and smiled slyly, "I have lots of dishes to do- unless you'd like to volunteer-"

In an instant, I rejected. "Forget it. I'll take this to him."

"Atta-girl." Heechul praised mockingly.

 

---------------------------------

 

I knocked on the door softly, afraid that I might disturb him. Oh never mind, I wasn't worried about his well-being, I was just concerned about meeting him. I mean, It's been what? 3 or more years since we last stayed in contact with eachother? 

We didn't even have a proper break-up.

"Aish- what am I doing with my life.." I mumbled to myself dejectedly. I hate him so much.

Just when I was about to leave, the door opened. Minho looked at me in surprise before clearing his throat. "Hi."

Hi? 

A freaking hi?! 

Are you kidding me?

Without saying anything, I shoved him back inside the room and closed the door behind me. His face showed a clueless expression when I sat him down on his bed. "Is it bad?" I examined.

"Huh?" he blurted.

I let out a frustrated sigh, "Your hangover."

He put a hand on his forehead and smiled to himself, "Yeah. It's killing me." Minho looked around at me, "You brought breakfast, I suppose?"

"Here," I put the tray of food on his lap. "Scrambled eggs, bacon, and hangover soup from Heechul oppa."

He seemed amused by the combination of food. "That's an unusual menu."

I sneered, "Just be thankful that oppa even cooked it to your liking." The boy suddenly faced me, a gleam of joy passed his eyes, "You remembered."

"Ofcourse I did." I said sourly. "Wash up, Minho. And don't forget to drink this-" he panickedly caught the bottle of medicine I threw to him. "- God, how much did you drink? The stench is intoxicating."

He laughed it out as I headed out for the door but called me back before I could leave. "Kim Saehyun, I'm glad I met you here."

Despite feeling the complete opposite, I decided to humour him and be as composed as I could. He looked at me with a longing feeling and I cringed inwardly. Why would he ever be sorry? He was the one who forgot about me. For now, I just found everything about him being hateful- he was hateful.

"Thrilled, infact." I answered stiffly as I finally left.

 

---------------------------------

 

I was half-asleep in my bed when I heard the door knock three times. "What is it?" I asked, unamused.

To my surprise, Minho stuck his head into my room and I let out a frustrated sigh. Just how many more times to I have to see his face? Can't I have my peace?

"Hey Saehyun-ah," he started, "It's time for dinner."

I groaned and covered my head with my warm blanket, not having the will nor energy to get up from my position. "Is Heechul oppa cooking again?"

"Hyung is out with some of his friends." he replied, "And Luhan hyung is still not back."

Realizing that I might have to spend an awfully awkward dinner session with him, I cursed under my breath. "I don't want to cook, if that's what you're expecting of me." I stated.

Minho shrugged, "Well, I can't either. What do you suppose we do?"

"I don't know- starve to death?" I added sarcastically. To be honest, I was really hungry and I tried my best to hide it- but my stomach wasn't coorperating. It kept on producing small grumbles and I bit my lower lip as I hope for Minho not to notice it.

He laughed half-heartedly and suggested, "Let's eat out."

I shook my head, "Nah, I'd rather a home-made meal." He sighed, relieved that I was atleast willing to eat something. "Alright then, we'll microwave some.."

"But I don't want instant foods." I cut him off.

He looked mildly annoyed when he answered, "Fine, I guess we could just heat up the lunch Heechul hyung had made earlier-"

"Again? I'm bored."

This time, Minho had enough. "Then let's just go out and eat then!"

I screamed as he uncovered my blanket and took my wrist in his hand and literally dragged me out of the bed. "I don't want to eat, idiot! Just leave me alone!"

"You'll starve!" he countered, leading me out of the room with much effort, for I was struggling in his grasp. "Do I look like I care?"

He exhaled in frustration, "No, but your stomach sounds like it does."

I continued with my attempts to wriggle out of his hold and shout aloud, "ALRIGHT- GODDAMNIT I'LL COOK!" Minho sent me a winning smirk and made a U-turn to the kitchen. I sighed and started collecting necessary ingredients from the fridge. 

"Never mind. I'll do it." Minho said, standing next to me. "You can just wait."

I raised an eyebrow at him but he only shrugged and pushed me lightly towards the dining table. I hesitantly sat on one of the chairs and the TV to distract myself. It seemed like my efforts were all in vain because I found myself sneaking glances at him every once in a while.

Who knows? He might've burned the kitchen.

"Minho- you okay there?" I asked worriedly after a few minutes had passed. The guy was frowning, holding two containers in each of his hands as he contemplated something seriously. Hearing my call, he looked up at me and nodded quickly, "Yeah, sure.. just give me a sec."

"The salt is the one in your left hand." I informed knowingly. It was pretty obvious what he was confused about. He smiled embarrassedly and answered, "Of course, I knew that."

I waited for another half an hour, "Yah- why is it taking forever?"

Minho massaged his temples vexedly, "You know what, this isn't working out." he then sent a look to me, "What do you say if we order instead?"

I smiled, "Atleast it's better than what you were making. Is it even edible?"

"Shut up," Minho smiled back before taking out his phone and dialing a number he knew by heart, "Hello?- Yes I would like to have a delivery made to-" he told them the address and filled out all the other little details before ending it with a 'thank you'.

When he was done, we grew quiet and I started to walk to my room to sleep when he stopped me, "Saehyun-ah."

I turned back, "Yeah?"

"Thanks." He said softly. I barely heard it and I would'nt have if the room wasn't so oddly silent. Feeling slightly curious, I asked him back. "For what?"

He gazed at me for some time before he lowered his head, now staring at the floor. "For even tolerating me."

I nodded and shrugged smally before opening the door infront of me. I closed it behind me as soon as I was in my room and leaned my spine against it as I sat on the cold floor. I could make out some words he was muttering to himself. 

I'm sorry

That was what I heard. Maybe my ears were wrong or perhaps the door had made his speech unclear but whether I was mistaken or not- a tear-drop had fallen involuntarily out of my eye. I immediately wiped it off with the back of my hand, disgusted.

He wasn't worth crying for. 

I climbed into my bed and resumed my interrupted slumber as soon as I made myself comfortable. He could've tried harder. We could've made it, but of course, we didn't. I felt myself drifting slowly off to sleep as I thought of all these things.

Just when I was actually falling asleep, a knock was heard. I groaned in protest and rolled off the bed lazily. I slid on the hard floor, dragging my along with me until I arrive at the door. Still feeling sleepy, I turned the door knob over and opened the door. 

A faint smile tugged the edges of my lips when I found a plate full of pizzas lying on the floor before me.

 

-------------------------------------

 

Author's note: Aah crappy chapter after a long time not updating. I'M SORRY. MY BRAIN HAD SHUT DOWN. UGH.