#11

Doctors

I fumbled with the mountain of dresses Sunjoo was deliberately pilling on my arms, grumbling silently as I trailed her from behind. After hearing that Minho finally asked me to the dance and apologized, the girls insisted to go shopping together for our dresses since now, I was going to prom too. It was already bad enough to spend hours of walking into and out of stores and the fact that my mom was going with us didn't make it any better.

I know I promised to let her go shopping with me when she complained about my shopping session with Minho, but I regretted what I said because this was exactly how I thought it would be. Everytime we go inside a shop, Mom, Sunjoo and Rena would pick out dresses- a lot of dresses- and make me try each one of them. It was tiring. But after all, it was nice to see her happy.

"Omg... I am having so many feels right now!" Mimi squealed as she stared at her phone's screen.

She was quietly reading a certain SHINee fanfic by the corner while waiting for our shopping to be over with. "What?? Omona- what happened?" I exclaimed to her from across the store, where I was currently standing.

"JONGKEY HAPPENED." She explained, fanning herself exaggeratedly. "When Jjong cried after their first concert, he hugged him and cried with him- and OMG."

Feeling desperately curious, I looked at my mom, pouted my lips and begged her so that I can be excused to fangirl with Mimi for a second.

"No," she solemnly said, flicking my forehead with her fingers as a punishment, "Can't you do that later? I mean- we're shopping for you."

Obeying her words, I just nodded my head in defeat and proceeded in supporting the massive amount of clothing in my arms. "Oooh, look Saehyun-ah!" Sunjoo said as she pulled out a long, Mint-coloured flowy dress with a sweetheart neckline. "It's so pretty, and it's in your favorite colour!" she added.

Mom gazed on the dress before taking (quite forcefully, I might add,) the pile of dresses from my hold and said, "Forget all of these, you'll look so great it that one," I raised my eyebrow at her, "How would you know that?"

She smiled as Rena handed me the dress and shoved me into the changing room to try it on, "Are you kidding me? I'm your mother, ofcourse I know!"

------------------------------------------

Choi_Minho

Saehyun-ah~
How did the shopping go?

         To be completely honest,
                            They were so much picky-er than u.
   So it took longer      
                                                         I'm so tired hahah .                                                        

Awhh hahaha
So in other words, u like shopping w me more?
;)

      No, I hate shopping..
                                                   So much omg     .                                                      

Lol haha
So what did you get?

           Well I got this dress,        

WAIT- no dont tell me.
Dont tell me anything

                                 Why not??                                  

Aish- Kim Saehyun!
Aren't u a woman?
U should've kept me guessing and make
me curious.
And stuff.

       ....                                  
                                          Or, I could just tell u and get it over with?    
                Why make it so complicated? 

Cause it's more interesting that wayy
Hahaha u idiot T.T
What would u do without my guidance?

      Oh whateverrrr                 
     Wait a minute,                 
                                                       How do u even know about these things?           

Ummm
Let's just say my mom likes this drama
called 'Personal Taste'

                                    Hahaha and you just 'happen' to watch
      it with her??                     
                              Is that the one with Lee Minho in it?
              He's so cute in that one xD 

Yeahh I think.
Yah- how can u say that infront of me?

    Hehehe but it's the truth :p
                                  Too bad.                            .                               

How dare youuu
Who's hotter? Me ?
Or Lee Minho?

     Hahahah that's a tough one

So??
Who is it?

         Hmmm, I think Minho is hotter
                          Yep, I pick Minho                         .            

OMG HAHHA
Clever girl~
But seriously tho..
Choi Minho or Lee Minho?

;) thanks                        
I'm seriousss                 
      I told u already, right?   
                                           I pick Minho-ssi            .                                                

You really drive me crazy,
Do u know that?

Is that a good thing??

Good, great, wonderful..
Got any more adjectives I can use?

        You say the weirdest things,
                      Hahaha                          .                     

Is that a good thing??

         Good, marvelous, splendid..
   Need I say more?        .        

No, no..
That'll do just fine :]

----------------------------------------------

Rena was impatiently styling Mimi's stubborn, stick-straight hair with a curling iron as she voiced her complaints, "Yah- how can your hair still be straight? Even after all the hairspray and mousse I put in to make the curls stay!" In response, the ignorant girl just shrugged, not taking her eyes off the screen of her phone.

We were all huddled in Sunjoo's spacious room to get ready for the prom together, since they thought that me and Mimi are incapable of getting ready properly by ourselves. Sunjoo asked me to paint her nails, which seemed like the only girly thing I mastered. I painted them a dark-maroon red to match her shoes.

"Sunjoo-yah! A little help would be AMAZING." Rena called, giving up on her efforts to style her friend's unmanageable hair. Sunjoo looked back at the desperate little creature and pouted her lips, "Too bad, my nails are still wet. Right Saehyun-ah?" she then turned to me, asking telepathically for me to say yes.

"Yeah. She cant move," I succumbed to her plea. 

Mimi rolled her eyes, "See? This is why I insisted on not styling my hair. You put yourselves in this mess!" she pointed at the three of us. I revolted, "Hey! I didn't agree to this either ya know." 

She recomposed her earlier speech, "Fine. With the exception of Saehyun."

At last, Rena decided to just braid her hair in a french braid, before rolling it up into an elegant knot at the lower back of her head. To her relief, Mimi's hair didn't budge considering that the dozens of bobby pins she stuck in her hair had held it up steadily. "I am such a genius." she praised herself before she started spraying the hairstyle with lots and lots of hairspray.

Mimi coughed, "Yah-! Don't you know the ozone layer is destroyed because this?-" she kept on complaining while coughing until Rena finally stopped. "Sorry honey~ It's just that I'm so happy to not let you go to prom with un-styled hair!" she chirped elatedly.

"What's wrong with my unstyled hair?" she muttered quietly, a bit offended by the comment. Rena quickly shook her head, "Nothing, it's just that I want you to look extra-pretty tonight, that's all." which made Mimi shrug another response.

I was concentratedly painting Sunjoo's ring-finger when I realized that she was looking at me. "Why are you staring at me like that?" I asked.

She rested her head on the table, "Well, I was wondering why you're so quiet-" she paused, "-And you didn't tell us what exactly happened with Minho." I sighed at her question. To be honest, I was thinking about the same thing all day. What happened with me and Minho? 

Yesterday, he explained to me about what was bothering him but instead of clarifying things up, his confession confused me more. I'm still clueless about whatever he was talking about, and that fact pisses me off. I wished I believed that he was only overwhelmed by his activities to contact me, but there's just something..

"Hello? Saehyun-ah!" Sunjoo interupted my thoughts, "Did you space out again?"

I blinked my eyes in surprise as I lied, "No, I wasn't. I don't space out that much by the way." She squinted at me and laughed, "You've always been such a terrible liar." 

At the other end of the room, Mimi suddenly yelled out, "Oh my God.. NO MORE- STOP WITH THE HAIRSPRAY WILL YA-" she didn't get to finish her sentence for she was coughing hysterically, trying to run away from Rena. "But- but your hair is beggining to droop down- YAH! DON'T RUN- IT'LL MAKE IT WORSE."

Sunjoo laughed at the tom-and-jerry situation happening infront of her. "Those two pabos are at it again. I think you better get in there and stop them before they start World War 3 featuring my hairspray." I frowned, too lazy to do anything about them, "Why don't you go by yourself then?" She smirked as she lifted both of her hands, showing off the maroon-coloured nails I did for her. "Can't move, remember?"

"Fine," I said mournfully before I stood up and headed towards the two quarrelling girls. "STOP IT YOU PABOS, YOU'LL WASTE THE WHOLE CAN!"

---------------------------------------

"Noonaaa! Boyfriend hyung is here for you!" I heard my one and only sibling shout from downstairs, making me flail my arms around to reach my purse, and I paused for a second infront of the mirror to check my appearance for the nth time that evening. I had my mint-coloured dress on and it swished free-ly everytime I moved. Since it was the end of September, I didn't forget to bring along a warm coat so I wouldn't freeze myself to death with the strapless dress I was currently wearing.

Earlier that day, after being satisfied with how she did Mimi's hair, Rena decided to do mine next. Unlike Mimi, my hair was a bit more tamer and it made it easier for the amateur hairstylist to do her magic on me. She didn't put my hair up in a bun. Instead, she curled it loosely, letting my long hair hang down my shoulders. After that, Rena braided my hair in a waterfall braid which helped it to look less plain.

Even though I was stubborn to not wear make-up, Sunjoo insisted that I should and put it on anyway. She dabbed on some foundation, blush, and even brushed on a tan-coloured eyeshadow on my eyelids before she quickly drew a black-line across it. Finishing it off, she added mascara and smiled victoriously. I noticed that I didn't look ridiculous, for once. And I hoped Minho wouldn't laugh if it turns out that I did.

Walking quite rapidly down the stairs, I yelled out a retort to my brother, "Yah! You're so dead for saying that! Have you no shame Kim Jaehwan?" 

Mom, who was waiting downstairs, glared at my brother threateningly. I knew I could count on her. Dad, on the other hand, was no where to be seen. "Where's dad?" I asked her. She looked around impatiently before answering, "He's just trying to find his camera. Oh- I swear." 

In the living room, I found Minho sitting on the couch, fidgeting in his seat. He noticed me walking into the room and stared. "Oh my God, Kim Saehyun what did they do to you?" he chuckled.

I felt my cheeks getting warmer as I shot him an annoyed look. "Do I look that bad?"

Minho shook his head, "I never said that you do." he paused to smile, "I was just stunned, that's all."

I glanced at him, he was wearing a suit and it fitted him perfectly, just like all of the other things he wore. And he looked better tonight for some deranged reason. Did he do something to his hair? I dont know what he did but he looked damn fine, if I should say so myself. "By what?" I asked.

"By the fact that they did such a good job in being your stylist." He calmly said, casting me a dissapointed pout, "It looks like you dont need me anymore, do you?"

I laughed, "Ofcourse I do! I'll always need you, Minho-yah." 

He suddenly fell silent. The atmosphere was unexpectedly awkward and before I could ask anything, he spoke again, "Anyways, you look gorgeous tonight. Umm.. not that you don't usually do but- oh you get what I mean." he said shyly.

"Saehyun-ah! Your dad finally found the camera~" mom announced as she strolled into the room. As soon as she saw Minho, she immediately went straight to him and pinched his cheeks, "You look very handsome, Minho! Don't you think so, hon?" she directed the question to me. "Nice to meet you too, eomonni." he said bashfully.

"Umm.. " I mumbled. Later, dad and Jaehwan stepped into the room, blaming eachother for placing the camera in the wrong place. "Alright sweetie!" Dad exclaimed, "Let me take a photo of you two." 

Taking that as his cue, Minho went closer to my side and placed his arm around my shoulder, posing for the awaited picture. I automatically smiled when I heard the clicking sound of the camera. Dad went ahead for a mini-photoshoot and if it wasn't for Jaehwan stopping him, he would've still continued for another 5 minutes. After promising to bring me back home before 11PM, Minho said his goodbyes to my family. 

And just like that, we headed off to prom.

-----------------------------------------

As soon as we got into the gym, or what it used to be atleast, we couldn't believe it was the same hall. The room was illuminated by colours that kept changing and it was slightly dim, I noticed because I had a rough time in finding my friends. At the end of the massive hall, a stage was seen and a band was already playing. Minho said his goodbye to me because he still has to perform later and quickly dashed off after he flicked my nose with his fingers, "Save the last dance for me." he winked as the crowd swallowed the cheesy bastard.

I looked around and saw my classmates hogging the buffet, so typical of them. Na Hyungsoo waved at me to join them and I gladly did. "Where's Rena and Mimi?" I asked him. Sunjoo answered my question for him, "They're somewhere in the middle of the crowd, dancing with their dates. While I'm here.." she looked accusingly at the guy next to her.

"Hey, I just thought we should grab some things to eat first before later, when people are done dancing and decide to pig-out all the food, we won't be left with empty stomachs." Na Hyungsoo said. She scoffed at him and rolled her eyes, "Why did I even agree to date you in the first place?"

"Because you love me, duh." he stated shamelessly, earning a pinch in the arm from her.

I turned away from the conflicted couple to get myself some food. When I was about to pour myself some punch, a hand took my paper cup away from me. 

"I wouldn't advise you to drink that." Key said, smiling impishly at me. I raised an eyebrow at him, "And why; exactly?"

He placed the cup back on the tray and fetched me a cold glass of water instead, "It was spiked by some seniors. And I believe you wouldn't want alcohol in your drink, by any chance?"

I grinned as I received the glass, "Ofcourse not, thankyou."

He observed me silently and when it was getting quite uncomfortable, Key spoke, "You look nice. Since when did you wear make-up?"

"Since I became her fairy-godmother." Sunjoo joked, joining in the conversation. We all started chatting, just enjoying our time when I noticed the two fangirls approaching us. 

"Hey Saehyun-ah!" Son Nayeon greeted, while the latter just waved a hello. I smiled at them, then hugged each one in return. "So- who are you here with?" Park Lena asked, knowing the answer too well.

Nayeon smirked mischievously and repeated her friend's question, "Yeah, do you have a date?" They were stopping themselves from breaking out into a giggle fit when they saw my blush-streaked face. I nodded, "Yeah, I'm here with Minho."

They gave out a small squeal and held each one of my hands in theirs. Lena looked scarily happy as she said, "Are you two cannon? Please- please tell me that Doctors is cannon!" Nayeon just nodded inquiringly, wondering about the same question.

I simply cocked my head to the side in confusion, "What's cannon?" I asked. They let out frustrated groans, "Forget that! What we mean is; Are you two dating?" 

"I- I don't know. I don't think so.." I managed to mumble. In return, they mumbled unsatisfactoy 'Oh's and nodded. Just then, Key put his arm around me as he said to the two, "Hey can you ship us, too?"

Nayeon laughed as she nodded while Lena stubbornly shook her head. "You're not going to mess up my OTP," she said as she dragged him away with her, distancing the boy from me. Her friend laughed again, amused with the whole situation. "I better go and keep an eye on her- just to be sure that she doesn't murder him or something-" she joked, "Anyways, have fun with Minho!" 

---------------------------------------

When the MC announced that our band will perform next, I felt my heart stop beating out of nervousness. Jonghyun pat my shoulders as he said, "Minho-yah, don't worry. We'll do great."

"Yeah, hyung- we practiced a lot already. It's going to be awesome." Taemin declared, even though I could see that he was also nervous himself. Onew joined in the optimistic chat, "Alright guys- just don't mess up, whatever you do."

Jonghyun scoffed, "And that- is supposed to be encouraging? Gee, thanks a lot hyung."

Before we could continue, the coordinators instructed that we should go on the stage now. So we did. 

As I scanned the crowd, I saw a girl with long, dark curls, a green (was it mint? I dont really know) dress, and a plate full of food infront of her (how typical) sit in one of the tables provided at the other end of the hall. I smiled sheepishly when I saw her cheer loudly and then I took hold of my guitar. 

We started jamming some fast, up-beat songs for approximately 20 minutes with Taemin as the drums, Onew with the guitar and Jonghyun in charge of the bass. I wasn't nervous for these performances for it was the last song I was worried about. Throughout the performance, I kept on giving glances to Saehyun- an act of pure anxiety.

It all went by so fast until it was our last song before another band takes over. Our final song.

I took a deep breath and nodded to my band members as a signal to start. Soon enough, our instruments started playing to the tune and unlike the other songs, where we all contributed to the singing, I was singing alone.

It was a favour I asked of them and they teased me often about it. Thankfully, let me do the performance by myself. This time, I looked at Saehyun again and she stared back at me, flustered and wide-eyed.

---------------------------------------

 

 

 

Author's note: I know this is late but... HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEY OPPA! I will always be your little freak <3 Keep being the fabulous diva that you are! Love you Kim Kibum ~~~~~ <33333

P.S. Sorry for the long chapter hahaha

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9TbRzoHPEHvWpdrBVMTS