#6

Doctors

Saehyun opened her phone, it buzzed 3 times. Probably it's Minho, she thought. She saw that the three texts were actually from her brother, asking her to lend him some lunch money. He already took it, ofcourse, without her permission. He's so dead.

Wait. Was she waiting for his text? No. definitely not.

Ofcourse not. But probably it was because she was so used to chatting with him.

Yes, yes that is why.

Just when she was about to close her phone, she felt a familiar buzz. Minho.

And this time, it was him.

Choi_Minho

                                                                  Hey friend.
                                                                  How you doing, friend?

                                           Hii.
                                                                                           Um, what's with the friend thingy?

                                                                 I dont know friend,
                                                                 Why dont u tell me?
                                                                 Friend.

                                                                                    Alright this is getting creepy.
                                                           Stop hahaha

                                                                Why so serious, friend?
                                                                :)

                                                                                You sound like The Joker.
                                               haha

                                                                Fine. Hahaha

                                               Yepp

                                                               Saehyun-ah

                                                 Yeah?

                                                               Do u perhaps know if Kim Saehyun
                                                               likes me?

                                                 What? 
                                                                      What do you mean?

                                                               Come on, you've got to know..

                                                              Yes, she does
                                                                     Why wouldnt she?

                                                               Not that way. 
                                                               As in, like, like.

                                                  Like?

                                                               Yes.

                                                             I dont know
                                                                         But i dont think so..

                                                               Ohh okay.
                                                               WHY NOT

                                                                                                       Cause, i havent known you that long..
                                                    Sorry

                                                               Am i not your type or something?
                                                               What IS your type anyways?

                                                          My type?
                                                                         It's simple actually.
                                                                                                              I like guys who are like bestfriends to me,
                                                                                   so it will never get boring
                                                                                                                                Because if you love your bestfriend, it won't get tiring.

                                                              Alright then.
                                                              I accept the terms and conditions ;)

                                                                            HAHAHA omg whutt
                                                                  Loll Minho xD

                                                             Hahaha damn i'm so smooth
                                                             But I'm serious tho,
                                                             I'll be ur bestfriend

                                                                      Umm, okay then

                                                             But whatever u do..
                                                             Dont EVER friend-zone me
                                                             Or i swear i'll make u fall for me so hard,
                                                             And I will abandon u right there.
                                                             :] okay?

                                                                  You're crazy.
                                                          hahaha

                                                             I'm not crazy.
                                                             Probably crazy about u,
                                                             But hey, that's different.

                                                                                   Let me take that back,
                                                                                          You're insane Choi minho. 

                                                              Thanks, Kim saehyun,
                                                              U too.

 

----------------------------------

 

Ever since Minho said those things to her, typed those things, to be exact. Because it was from texts.. you get the idea. Anyways, ever since that happened, Saehyun felt weird around him. Not a good weird but not a bad one either, just weird.

She realised that he was talking to her more often at school and sometimes he would walk her home too. At times he would sit with her at lunch, even though it meant he had to eat next to her friends too. They often teased them and Saehyun wondered where Minho found his guts.

Not only that, some guys from Minho's class, presumably his friends, would ask her about how it was going between her and him. It was too obvious that he told them.

Has he lost it?

This is getting ridiculous.

Because she found herself more and more attracted to him. It was working. Minho's plan was working.

But Saehyun wouldnt admit that she liked him in the tiniest bit, because to be honest, she didnt want this whole 'desperately-chasing-a-girl' thingy to end. It was entertaining to watch. And she sort of liked it.

Sort of.

She cant say it yet. She doesnt like him yet. 

She wasnt that easy.

Saehyun had never been in love in her 16 years of life, and she was not going to let a guy break her record of forever-aloneness that easily.

"Yah Kim Saehyun!" she heard Mimi shouting her name. "We're late for chemistry class! Break was over 5 minutes ago."

Her hands reflexively reached under her desk and quickly searched for her text and notebooks. She hugged them tightly around with her arms and ran downstairs along with Mimi at her side.

It was practical day at chemistry and she could smell the familiar scent of the lab. The labelled, white labcoats were hanging on a rack nearby and Saehyun took the one with her name down and wore it. Out of habit, she tied her hair messily at the low-back of her head with her fringe hanging loosely at the sides of her face. It was a rule that girls must tie up their hair during practicals.

The teacher handed her the instructions paper and sent her off to a seat near the back with the prepared apparatuses laying still on the grey lab table.

She started moving her hands according to the instructions, filling a beaker with 20cm3 distilled water. Just then, she heard the lab door opening, and in came Minho. He did the same thing she did except for tying his hair, ofcourse, and headed for a place 2 people away from her. 

Saehyun proceeded in doing her experiment. After the distilled water, she dumped in the Solid A into the beaker, measuring the rising temperature. It took 5 minutes for the reaction to end, according to the timer she was holding in her hand. She quickly wrote down that the experiment was an 'exothermic' reaction. It is because exothermic reactions give off energy, as in heat... 

She lifted up her head, turning it around to look. Saehyun felt like she was being watched, or worse, stared at.

"Hey bestfriend."

Minho was next to her, his left hand supporting his head which was lazily tilted to the side. He didnt retract his gaze from her, still staring. "You creep." she said.

"That's not nice, Kim saehyun." he frowned, and then slowly smiled. She looked over him, wondering how he got here in the first place because when he first came into the lab, he was seated somewhere else.

"If you're wondering, I asked Joomi to trade places," he refered to the girl who sat next to her, "so I could sit here."

Saehyun laughed, shaking her head in the process. "Anyways, the reaction that you got for the experiment-"

"It's exothermic." he finished her sentence. She nodded, "So i was right. Okay then."

Minho clapped his hands once, like he suddenly had an enlightenment. "That group.. that kpop group.. the Justin Timberlake one-"

"EXO!" he shouted, making some of their classmates glance at them. The chemistry teacher looked at him in annoyance. "What is it, Choi minho?"

Minho fixed his composure, and replied calmly. "It's Exo. Exothermic reation. The answer."

The teacher rolled his eyes at him and went on to help some of the other students. He silently laughed and looked goofily at her, making her smile too.

"Why did you bring up EXO?" Saehyun asked. He shrugged his shoulders. "Well, I thought it was appropriate. I thought that exothermic sounded like exo. And I like exo, you like exo, so why not?"

She laughed. It was cute how he remembered exo, at times like this.. it was too much for her. When her laughter ceased, she realised that he was looking at her, again. "You look nice today, with that hair." he said.

"Oh, um thankyou. I saw an anime character with this hair and I thought it was nice. But I usually wear it when i read.."

Minho smiled, "Then, it shall be named the Anime Bun."

"Wait, oh my god I can imagine outfits, that would go perfect with that hair!-"

Saehyun rolled her eyes. No, this cant be happening to her. Minho went on for another 5 minutes about skater skirts, sweaters, etc before he opened his phone to show her some Tumblr pictures of girls wearing clothes that he thought was 'pretty hot'. He has a tumblr account? Amazing.

"-and I'll take you shopping, and get you a nice skirt.. oh you can have my sweater." he said as he washed the apparatuses with water.

"But isn't it too big?" she interrupted.

Minho sighed. "And you're supposed to be a girl?" he laughed. "Duh, genius. That's the point. It's supposed to be oversized to look cute."

She grumbled mentally. Well how was she supposed to know? She was never interested in fashion. She half-ignored Minho's chatter while she washed and re-arranged the beakers and flasks. He asked her something and she murmured a 'yeah sure' just to shut him up. Perhaps it was about another piece of clothing.

"It's a date then," he said.

Saehyun's eyes opened wide at the statement. What just happened? Minho saying the word date? Whaaaattt?! 

She looked frantically at him, trying to figure out the situation. "Wait, what? What did you say?"

"We'll go shopping this Saturday. I'll pick you up," he said as he left.

Saehyun had shopped a number of times in her life, and she disliked those moments. It wasnt just tiring, it wasnt just boring, it was pure torture. Her mother used to force her to go shopping with her and she suffered quite alot. She kept on buying only t-shirts, jeans and short pants until her mother finally gave up. She hated shopping.

And this Saturday, which is two days from now, she was going to be dragged in and out of shops by that dratted boy...

What on earth had she gotten herself into?

 

----------------------------------------

 

"Saehyun-ah, want to go to the movies this Saturday?" Shin Rena, one of her closest friends, said.

Saehyun dug her face in her palms and let out an abnormal, inhumane sound. Her other two bffs, Hwang Mimi and Han Sunjoo looked at her, worried that she might've lost her mind.

"I dont know that crazy girl, nope, not a clue." Mimi stated from her seat, ignoring her embarassing friend. Sunjoo and Rena just nodded their heads in unison, agreeing to her statement

Saehyun sighed and apologized. "Sorry guys, it's just that i have plans this Saturday. I wish I could go with you."

Sunjoo looked away from her phone, paying her attention to her 'mentally-malfunctioning' friend. "What plans do you have?"

And so Saehyun told them all about the mistake she made in the chemistry lab and after she was done her friends laughed out loud. She furrowed her eyebrows in annoyance, "What's so funny?"

"Nothing, I was just imagining your face when he takes you shopping. Oh, the torture-" Mimi sang in a devious tone. Seriously, why was she even friends with them? Saehyun protested quietly.

Rena stopped laughing and looked at her teasingly. "Hey guys, Saehyun has a date." they all giggled. Saehyun could feel her blood rising up to her face. This was so immature of them.They're high-schoolers for pete's sake.

But she guessed it was true that if you mix her friends up with a bunch of 9 year-olds, you wouldnt be able to tell the difference.

"Saehyun has a boyfriend." the three girls laughed. "Ooooooooohhhhhhhhh." they chorused, mocking her.

Oh, whatever. She gave up. There is no stopping them now.

"But what are you going to wear?" Sunjoo gasped over-exageratingly. "A t-shirt? hahaha no way right?" she laughed.

She saw her three friends giving eachother worried glances and heard Sunjoo repeat herself. "Right,?" 

"Why not?" she said nonchalantly. 

The other girls face-palmed themselves. "You've got to be kidding me." Rena muttered.

 

--------------------------------------