#1

Doctors

One fated day, the Camel was explaining about the human respiratory system when Joomie, a talkative girl from Saehyun's class, was caught talking to her friend. The Camel then decided to shuffle the seats into a girl-boy-girl-boy combination. To stop the students from talking.

"Choi Minho, you move infront of Kim Saehyun. And Na Hyungsoo, you move behind her," the Camel blabbered on. Minho stood up from his seat and shifted his place to the one infront of her.

"Hey, what's up?" he said. She looked at him, totally aware that this was the first time he ever spoke to her. After that letter, and even before, he never talked to her, and she never bothered too.

"Nothing much. I hate the Camel." she rolled her eyes at the teacher, who was know pointing at some students, forcing them to move. 

Minho looked at her and said, " Then why take Bio? Is it worth the bother for you?" She nodded and massaged her temples in frustration. "If only my dream wasnt to become a doctor, I would've ditched this class immediately."

He suddenly jumped out of his seat and said, quite loudly. "It's your dream too? Oh my god? Same here!" He laughed out of joy while Saehyun just sat there, still shocked from the outburst.

He looked at her in the eye and she saw it twinkle. People always looks the best when they talk about something they're passionate about. 

"Have you ever went inside a doctor's office, put on their labcoat, wore the stethoscopes and just pose infront of a mirror?"

She opened in shock because he was right, she did that once on her trip to the hospital when her brother was sick. She told the doctor that it was her dream to become one and she let her put on a coat and a stethoscope. It felt amazing.

"Yes! Did you? Hahaha this is so weirdly amazing!" they both looked at eachother in awe and looked at Mrs Camel, who is now clearing really loudly, shushing them down.

After the bell rang, the class dispersed out of the room and Saehyun was walking out the door when she heard her name being shouted. It was Son Nayeon and Park Lena, her classmates. "Saehyun-ah!" they chorused.

"Yes? What is it?" she asked. The two girls were beaming, when one of them took her hand and gave her a small shake. "Thankyou, thanks a bunch!" she cried out.

Saehyun arched her eyebrows in confusion. "What did I do?" In response of the question, they laughed. "We thank you for being our OTP."

"What's an OTP? I dont get it." They looked at her in bewilderment. "OTP means One True Pairing. Dont you know shipping terms?" Son Nayeon asked.

She looked at them with a blank expression. "What is shipping?"

"Aish- seriously?" Park Luna cried out. "Shipping is when you support two people in a relationship, and we ship you and Minho."

The two girls looked at eachother and grinned, making Saehyun more confused. "Why? We barely know eachother." 

"Oh, I dont know, you two just looked really cute. We heard the conversation about being doctors." Nayeon said.

Luna held Nayeon's shoulders and whispered in excitement. "I know a per-fect shipping name!" 

After quite a long pause, Nayeon urged her to continue. "Well? What is it?" 

"What else could it be?" Luna smiled. "Doctors."

And that's how it all began.

 

-------------------------------------------------------

 

After Chemistry class, it was lunch time. SaeHyun sat on her desk while her three bestfriends were busy chatting around her. Shin Rena, Han Sunjoo and Hwang Mimi were all discussing about the end of the year class prom and what they would wear. Saehyun couldnt care less.

The prom was still a few months ahead and besides, she wasnt going.

Just then, she heard a malicious laugh echoing through the room. It was Kim Soojung, a pretty girl who has a boyfriend outside of  the city. He was said to be in college and that's why he'd never find out that she was openly cheating on him.

It wasnt the first time Soojung gossips about her love-life in public, if she could, she'd put it on the school's newspaper.

"He is so stupid sometimes, and cheesy as hell." Soojung laughed before she continued, "I mean look at what he sent me!"

The girl spotted Saehyun and waved a hand, telling her to come. "Saehyun-ie! I wanna show you something hilarious,"

Having no other choice, she reluctantly got out of her chair and went to Soojung's. "What is it?"

Soojung held out her phone that displayed a few instant messages that she received yesterday at 17.30PM. Saehyun took a closer look at the screen and read the message.

 

You taught me how to love.. But not how to stop..

 

And another one read:

 

Love of mine, some day you will die.. but I'll be close behind and follow you into the dark.

 

Saehyun looked uneasily at her classmate. Even though it was cheesy, but it looks like the guy loves her so much. It isnt right to laugh at other people's feelings like that. "He really adores you, Soojung-ah."

Soojung cocked her head to the side and gave her a small grin. "Of course he does. But isnt it funny?"

"Why is it funny? I know it's cheesy but i bet it took him some guts to send it. You dont have to like it, just dont laugh at it." Saehyun said.

Soojung didnt even flinch at the advice, instead she laughed out loud. "You are so boring sometimes, our Saehyun-ie."

"There's nothing really wrong about laughing at people who dont stand a chance." At that, Saehyun looked at her in wonder. What planet is this girl from?

Saehyun's curiosity got a hold of her. "Who's the guy? The one who doesnt stand a chance?"

Soojung's finger pointed at the top of her handphone screen to show her the displayed name. 'Choi Min Ho'

She didnt even know Minho that well, but she did know that he didnt deserve to be treated like this. "Why dont you just tell him that he should move on? Besides, you have a boyfriend. Isnt  he aware of that fact?"

"See? This is why I said you were boring." Soojung groaned. "Why should I cut him off my list? The more, the merrier you know."

Saehyun couldnt stand it any longer. Just because Soojung was pretty, she could get away with all the wrong things she did.

To stop herself from choking the other girl's neck, she walked away from Soojung's table, far away.

From her desk, she could see Soojung in hers, bragging about the many other guys that likes her. She looked away in disgust towards the window.

Outside of it, she could see some guys playing soccer, Minho was amongst them. He was laughing and was hugging his team mates because he shot in a goal a few seconds ago.

Saehyun decided to just keep shut. She wouldnt want him to know the truth and make him devastated. It wasnt her bussiness to deal with.

Minho saw her looking at him from above and waved his hand. She smiled and waved back.

If only he knew.