Chapter Two

Don't Say Goodbye, Not Yet

All of the sudden I feel something poking my cheek I suddenly wake up and get scared when I see Xiumin’s face in front of mine and poking me. He stands up and I see he’s wearing a red hoodie and skinny jeans and he’s staring at me.

 

“Don’t do that! You scared the outta me” He gives me an apologetic look with his big adorable round eyes. “I’m sorry; you were asleep so I decided to wake you up” I sit up on the couch then motion for Xiumin to sit next to me. “How’d you even get inside?” He takes a seat and holds up a key to my apartment. “You gave me a key remember? You told me if I ever needed to I could just come over and walk in” I nod my head remembering what I had done.

 

I suddenly remember what had happened last night once again “Let me see your arm, I promise I won’t hurt you” His eyes get bigger than they already are in shock at my demand to him and he violently shakes his head. “Please I just want to see how bad they are” I say trying to convince him to give me his arm but he still refuses. “I swear I won’t hurt you, just please let me see them.”

 

He sighs and quietly says “Fine” while slowly and shakily giving me his arm. I grab his hand and flip it over, slowly pulling up his jacket sleeve revealing all the scars. He flinches a little so I suppose it must have burned a bit. “Sorry” I say and lightly pull his sleeve up the rest of the way.

 

I examine the scars that litter his forearm, their pretty deep but not deep enough for him to have died. I run my finger across a few of them and he flinches again. “Sorry, does that hurt?” I stop running my finger across the scars Xiumin’s created and stare at him. “No it doesn’t hurt, but it does burn. But that’s normal” I look back down at his arm counting how many scars there were; there’s over twenty and a lot more than that.

 

“Is that all you did?” He nods his head slightly and I pull his sleeve down covering his scars once again. I stand up grabbing his hand and pulling him up with me. I pull him into a hug, wrapping my arms tightly around him. He wraps his arms around me and slightly rests his head on my shoulder.  “Please stop hurting yourself, because whenever you hurt yourself it hurts me. It hurts me to know you feel that way and to know you’re hurting yourself. And I feel guilty because I wasn’t able to be there to stop or help you.” We both pull out of the hug “Don’t feel guilty this is nowhere near your fault at all. It’s mine, cause I’m the one who doesn’t come to you for help. I mean you’re my best friend I should come to you for stuff like that”

 

I decide to change the subject because we both seem to be getting upset over it. “Do you want anything to eat?” He shakes his head “I’m not hungry” I give him a disapproving look “You must eat though” He shakes his head again “Luhan I’m fine, I’m not hungry I ate before I came over” I know not to believe this because any time he gets upset like this or something he stops eating. But I’m not going to force him to eat if he doesn’t want to. “Whatever, I’m gonna get some food though” I walk into the kitchen and e follows me. I open the fridge and look in to see there’s practically nothing in there, I close the fridge and walk over to the pantry opening it and looking in. I find bread and Nutella and decide I’ll just make a sandwich.

 

I make my sandwich and sit at the table Xiumin following and sitting next to me. “Do you at least ant something to drink?” He looks around a little looking for I don’t know what. “Do you have water?” I look at the fridge from the table. “I think we have some in the fridge” I stand up and walk to the fridge opening it and finding two water bottles. I grab them both and yell at Xiumin “Catch” then throw him one of the bottles of water. He caught it and set it In front of him as I walk back to the table.

 

“Where’s your mom? I thought she was coming home today” Xiumin asks as I take a bite out of my sandwich. I swallow the food and respond “Yeah, so did I but her trip got extended” I finish my sandwich and Xiumin and I go back into the living room where we spent the remainder of our day.

 

-----------------------------

 

It was 6:45 and Xiumin received a text from someone, he grabbed his phone and started reading it. I become curious as to who it’s from so I ask “Who messaged you?” He was still in the process of reading the message when I asked so when he finished without a word he gave me his phone and walked into the bathroom. I looked at the number I.D. to see the message is from his dad and I decide to read the message. Once I’ve finished reading I set his phone down next to me, stand up and walk to the bathroom door. I knock on the door but get no response so I press my ear against it hearing nothing. “I’m coming in” I swing the door open to find Xiumin sitting against the wall with a tear stained face he’s also holding something between his fingers. I look at it to see a shiny silver piece of metal with two sharp ends; it’s for sure a razor blade.

 

My eyes move to his wrist that are bleeding like crazy, he’s reopened the cuts from last night but I have a feeling he’s made a lot of them much deeper than they were. By this time I start freaking out a little but I have no time to waste I need to save him before it’s too late. I sprint out of the bathroom and into my bedroom grabbing a bandage to wrap around his arm and. I rush back into the bathroom and sit next to him grabbing his arm slightly to look at it. The cuts are really deep and he’s losing a lot of blood, I need to get these cleaned and covered as fast as possible.

 

I grab Xiumin and pull him over to the bathtub and turn the water on shoving his wrist under it to rinse the open wounds off. They still continue to bleed so without drying his arm I tightly wrap the bandage around the cuts hoping for it to stop.

 

He doesn’t make any movements and by this time I’m starting to get a little frightened. Has he lost too much blood? Is he gone? His eyes are open and he looks alive but I don’t know if he is. I put my head up to his chest to see if there was still a heartbeat. There is one but its slow; I need to get him to the hospital as soon as possible.

 

I run into the living room and grab my phone instantly dialing 911 and rushing back to the bathroom but by the time I get back his eyes are closed and he’s doubled over. I sit next to him and feel for a pulse that I can’t seem to find anywhere. I then put my head to his chest once again but I don’t feel anything, he has no heartbeat. He’s gone. I’ve failed to save the one I care about most.

 

 

 

((AUTHORS NOTE))

 

Okay not the most interesting chapter sorry guys. I know it’s short and somewhat boring but it does get better I promise. Please keep reading and I hope you enjoy after this. This part does get straight to cliff hanger and I’m sorry about that but I just felt it’d be a good way to keep you interested. Okay well I’ll update as soon as possible.

How do you feel about this story so far? Do you think it’s a good one? Comment what you think because I’d love to read your feelings about it and just your comments in general. Hope you continue reading^^