Escape from reality

Chicago

♦She locked the secret in her heart♦

~•~

The boys returned home after Henry picked him up, full with questions about their lunch. Donghae was mysterious during they drive home because he wanted to tell him everything when they come home. Henry being himself, was being impatient and couldn't wait to hear what happened because from Donghae's little smiles and all that mystery, something did happened. 

"Yah, talk!" Henry said as soon as they stepped into their apartment. They left their stuff and Henry practically dragged his hyung on the couch so he can finally tell him.

"Oh we just talked and ate, that's all." Donghae said trying to act serious but his laughter soon betrayed him. Henry, annoyed throw a pillow at him, again asking him the same question.

"You're really impatient, really...I kissed her again." he smirked. Henry looked at Donghae all surprised and dropped his jaw. 

"You are really something Donghae hyung!" Henry said patting him on the shoulder. Donghae was smiling the whole time, and was really glad to do that move.

"She was so shy when I came. She was blushing and didn't dare to look me in the eyes and you should've seen her. After I mentioned our last night kiss she was so embarrassed, but she said she liked it so I thought, why not again, but when she'll at least expect it." he explained to Henry who was carefully listening everything.

"I actually saw her as you were leaving the car. She really looked arrogant and cold so it's kinda hard to picture her shy and embarrassed." Henry said remembering her expression as she was waiting for him.

"I'm really surprised to see that side of her but it's really cute." Donghae said.

"You really like her hyung?" 

"I do. I know it's crazy, but she's just amazing. She has something special in her, something I never saw in other girls and I'm really glad I met her." he confessed. Even though he doesn't know his roommate for a long time, they kinda clicked and while they were talking about their relationships, he never noticed him talking about anyone with so much glow and excitement like when he was talking about her. 

They spent the rest of their day talking about random stuff, practices and plans for the upcoming weeks. Donghae was waiting for her call, checking his phone in case she left a message or something. Henry and him soon moved to the balcony after dinner and continued their conversation. The night arrived, and city lights flashed the city. It was getting late and Henry was tired so he decided to go to bed early than usual, leaving Donghae alone.

"I'm not sleepy yet." Donghae said as hs excuse but Henry knew very well he was waiting for that special call. Just when Donghae started to doubt that she'll call and tried to find a good excuse why she won't call, he finally heard his phone ringing and a smile showed on his face as soon as he saw her ID.

"Hi babe, I thought you went to sleep." he said, actually glad for her call since he wanted to hear her before going to bed.

"Don't worry, I didn't forget you." she said, sounding kinda weird.

"Sica, are you okay?" he asked worried. She defenetly sounded different than she did a couple of hours earlier.

"Um, yeah, don't worry." she said. "I'm a little tired, that's all." 

"Then go to sleep darling, it was your first day, you worked hard." he said softly. Baby, darling, words she rarely heard was something new to her. It's been a while that someone was so kind and nice to her like Donghae was. She usually didn't like those nicknames and often made fun of those couples calling each other names but hearing his husky voice calling her like that made her feel special in a way. And she wasn't fine tonight and his soft words were like a little cure.
She wanted to tell him what's actually bothering him but she simply couldn't. She promised herself not to make any relationships for good and here she is, feeling like a teenage girl whenever she thinks of Donghae and she just couldn't help herself and she hated herself for that. She didn't want Donghae to know the real her, the cold and arrogant Jessica she was showing on the outside. 

"But I want to talk to you." she whispered, feeling a lump in . She needed to cry, but the only thing stopping her and making her feel just a little better was him.

"I'm here. I'm glad we saw each other today." he said.

"Me too and you know you again surprised me." she chuckled referring to their kiss.

"You have to get use to that. I'm full of surprises." 

"Thank you Donghae." she whispered.

"For what?"

"Just...thank you. That's all." she said again sounding weird, sad.

"Jessica are you sure you're okay? Is something bothering you?" he asked.

A lot of thing bothere her but she just couldn't tell him. She missed her other half more than ever and had a million other problems. She couldn't tell him about Ashely and her past life because she was scared. She liked him a lot and she hated it, not because of him, it's because of herself. Because she had a deal with herself and she broke it. She was falling apart inside, she was scared and had her thoughts miles away from Chicago. She wanted to tell him everything, but she simply couldn't. He was something amazing and she didn't want to ruin him, upset him, make him run away. She just wanted to talk to him, hear his voice, hug him, kiss him. She wanted to forget about her pain just for a second.

"Don't worry Hae, I'm fine." she assured him removing the first tear on her pale cheek.

"You know you can tell me everything, okay?" he said, making her feel even worse.

"I know." she whispered.

"Can I tell you something?" he asked. 

"Sure." 

"We know each other for a few days only, but I want you to know that I enjoy every minute with you. I'm glad you decided to go to your first flight." he smiled remembering the story of her being late and thinking of going on another flight.

"Me too Hae. I'm happy that my new start in Chicago began like this." she said. She felt horrible for being like this to him. It was like he was reaching his hand for help and she simply couldn't take it. She never expect for their meeting to expand to this. 

They talked till for a long time and that helped Jessica. His voice, his jokes and simply him was her escape from the cruel reality she was living. She has a mask and for a long time she couldn't recognise herself but with Donghae was herself. Jessica she missed. 

"Babe, it's time to sleep. You have to rest well and me too. I'll call you tommorrow. Good night." 

"Okay. Good night Donghae." she said and hung up. 

As soon as she ended their conversation she went to bed and cried herself to sleep. That was the Jessica she was, the cold and sad one. The one she hated and the one that was destroying her. Jessica full of sadness, bad memories and scars that come to life at night, when she's all alone. 
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hey, hey~~ I'm updating pretty fast, huh? My inspiration is finally coming back so I'll be updating this story everyday since I already have a lot of things on my mind! So the new chapter is here. Jessica didn't tell Donghae anything about Ashely. Who is she and why is Jessica keeping her a secret? Why is she so sad? Find out in the next chapter that will arrive very soon. Please subscribe, comment and upvote. Thank you guys, see you soon! <3