Meet the boys

Chicago

♦Every new friend is an adventure, the start of more memories♦

~•~

"Okay, guys, let's do it one last time and now with music on." the dance coach clapped his hands and the five boys did as he told them. Henry and Donghae sneeked in the practice room to see them dance, and they were right on time. The boys were laying on the floor  and as soon as the music started each one of them got up and did a robot dance move. It was so well syncronised and well trained that it amazed Donghae right in the start. The song was theirs and it was called "Everybody" like their mini-album. It had tha techno-pop thing it in and it was very catchy. Donghae and Henry were watching the boys putting their all into this choreography and were really surprised, especially Donghae since Henry already saw some parts of it since he's there for a longer period of time. Only kicks of their feet and the music were heard for five minutes for how long the dance lasted. After they finished Donghae started to clap and the younger joined him.

Five boys exchanged glances and bowed. They were surprised to see them clapping and being to into it. 

"That was great boys. You did a great job." the dance coach complimented. "So, as you know, you guys are going to have another choreographer for the live performances of the two songs. This is Lee Donghae." he introduced Donghae who shyly waved to them and bowed. 

"Hello Donghae, my name is Onew, I'm the leader of SHINee." the blonde introduced and bowed. Next to him was the other blond one, who looked similar to Donghae, just like a dinosaur which made Henry laugh as soon as he came in front of him.

"I'm Kim Jonghyun." he bowed and chuckled noticing the smiliar fitures of the two. Donghae was confused and though that there might be a problem with him and turned to Henry who just mouthed "Dino guy" since he told him about him.

"I'm Choi Minho, the visual." a tall guy with brown hair stepped out of the line and bowed. His introduction made his fellow member roll their eyes since he always likes to mention how he's he visual and charismatic one.

"My name is Kim Kibum but you can call me Key." the black hair guy said waving. Unlike the other boys, he was kinda different then them. The boys wore simple training clothest, t-shirts and snickers but he had a black hat covering some parts of his black hair, he had eye-liner and he had crazy designs on his wide shirt and his basketball shorts underwhich he wore black leggins. He looked like a fashionista and a diva.

"I'm SHINee's maknae Lee Taemin, nice to meet you." the youngest bowed and smiled to Donghae who found him really nice. 

Donghae heard about them since they are popular in Korea but not to much, and well, here he is, being their choreographer for their next comeback. He was quite nervous about the meeting with the boys since he heard from many people that some idols aren't like they appear to be on TV so he wasn't sure if he's going to have to deal with noisy and cocky group but they really seemed nice and kind so he was calm.

"Well, I'm very happy to be here and to meet you guys. Your choreography is great! I will work hard and I hope we will get along great." Donghae announced. 

After a talk with the main dance coach who called him to work in Chicago and after the told him his schedual and everything necessary, Donghae joined Henry and the boys to their dorm to hang out like they usually do after their practice.

Their dorm wasn't far away from the studio just like Henry said. The building was the biggest in the block and their dorm was on the top floor. The apartment itself was quite big, especially the living room since it was connected with the kitchen and the dinning room. There were two big rooms, in the first Jonghyun and Onew sleep and in the second Minho, Taemin and Onew. 

There was food already prepared on the coffee table along with drinks since the boys knew Donghae is coming today. He was surprise to see so much food and the fact that they made an efford to make something to welcome him.

"So hyung, tell us something about yourself." Jonghyun started the conversation as he was pouring the guys some soju.

"Well, I'm from Mokpo and I moved in Seoul after I graduated." 

"You're from Mokpo? Where's your accent?" Taemin interrupted earning a light hit on the hand by Onew.

"Well, when I moved to Seoul I got use to their dialect to I kinda lost it but if I meet my brother I immediately start to speak like in Mokpo." Donghae chuckled.

"So for how long are you a dancer?" the maknae continued to ask. 

"Well I loved to dance since I was really young even though I kinda though I would be a football player since I love football and sports so-"

"Yah, hyung, we should play sometimes!" Minho yelled excited to have someone in Chicago who actually likes to play any kind of sport.

"Sure!" Donghae laughed. The boys were really cheerfull and kind so he quickly relaxed in their company. They continued to ask him about his love for dancing and sports, his family and stuff so they can get to know him better. They were all in ears, including Henry who enjoyed listening to his hyung talking about his friends, dancing and how he started.

"Okay, so tell me something about SHINee. I mean, I know a few of your songs and that's it, so...tell me more!" Donghae asked as he was taking the last bite of his food.

"Well, we debuted when we were really young. Our Taemin was 16 at that time." Onew started as he was patting the younger's back proudly. 

"I made a lot of sacrifices. Everyone at school wanted to be something, a doctor, a lawyer or other things, but I wanted to be a dancer and that was something that I knew I would be. Because of that, most of my friends gave up on me because I would always tell them that I will be a dancer and they didn't believe in me so I went through the training and everything alone." Taemin confessed. Donghae was looking at the young boy who grew and matured since then and even though he knew him for a short while, only an hour, he really admired him since he believed in himself when no one did and continued to pursue his dream even though he was alone. He was quiet as he was nodding his head, listening.

"My father never accepted the fact that I love to sing and that I love music itself. I remember always singing while going to school and returning home. He would always tell me that I can't survive with only singing and he never actually understood the love I have for music." Jonghyun confessed. 

"And what did he say after you told him that you're going to sign for an audition?" Donghae asked.

"He didn't talk to me at all and after I called my mom to tell her that I'm going to debut soon, he took the phone and just said congratulations. It was cold from him and I was sad hearing that. After a while he would call and ask me how I'm doing and when we won our first award, he called me crying but he was happy." he continued with a smile.

"This is really amazing to listen because some people aren't blessed to have a support from their family and friends in making their dreams come true and even though I'm new at this and I've seen you dancing live for the first time, I have to say I'm very proud to be your choreographer." Donghae said smiling. Those boys had that passion and love for what they do and there isn't anything better than seeing that with his own eyes. Each one of them shared their story about their families, Donghae told them about his dad and his death that shook him. They talked about the support they had or didn't have during their training and how much hard work they did to get here. 

Time flew by and it was getting pretty late but it didn't bothered them since tomorrow the guys had the day off because of Donghae's arriving and they decided to show him the city.

"Hyung, I have ask you this. Do you have a girlfriend?" Jonghyun asked. As soon as he heard the word girlfriend, Henry gave Donghae the look and immediately smiled. Donghae was embarrased when he noticed him staring and waiting for his answer. They guys were confused and got more curious.

"Oh, hyung ,c'mon, you can tell us!" Taemin said as the other joined his to tell them who is the lady.

Donghae started to laugh and he covered his face in embarrassement. 

"Well, Donghae met a lovely young lady on his flight to here." Henry said ruffling his hyung's hair playfully.

"Really? What's her name?" they asked.

"Jessica." Henry answered. "And moved here for work too. And he got her number and also, not to forget, they hugged on the airport, I saw it with my own eyes!" he continued as Donghae was trying to cover his mouth and stop him from talking.

"Woah hyung, Jessica!" the boys started to . "Call her!" Minho suggested. 

"Guys, we just met, I can't just-"

"Call her! You really looked cute together!" Henry said trying to remove his hands off his face but he was too shy.

"C'mon hyung! Tell us something about her." Onew encouraged him.

"She was sitting next to me on the plane and we talked and found out something more about each other. She's really pretty and funny and nice." Donghae said in short words, smiling. The guys about her and continued to encourage him to finally call her. 

"But guys, it's late, she's probably sleeping!" Donghae protested.

"No she's not. Call her!" Jonghyun said handing him the phone. Donghae smirked and finally typed her name to find her on his phone. He pressed call and waited. Henry and the SHINee boys were staring at him with their wide eyes, waiting for her to pick up. With each beep Donghae was getting more and more nervous. Maybe he's being to pushy and sudden? He didn't know if this wasa good idea but what the heck, new city, new page in life, new him.

"Hello?" Jessica finally answered. Donghae's heart started to beat a hundred times faster, strangely for him since he didn't knew he would react like that.

"H-hello Sica? I'm really sorry for calling you this late but-"

"Oh don't worry. I was bored anyway and actually I wantedto call you but didn't know if you were sleeping." she admitted, chuckling. They guys were around Donghae, trying to hear anything from the conversation. Donghae managed to escape from them and run to the balcony to talk to her in private. On his way, he closed the balcony door so they can't enter. Six of them were in front, staring at him like puppy's making him laugh.

"Well, as you can hear, I'm not sleeping." he smiled. "What's up?"

"Oh nothing much, I unpacked, ate, oh and I met my neighbour!" she said. He could hear a female giggle in the background.

"Really, what's her name?" 

"Yuri!" she said and then the girl herself said hello to Donghae making him laugh.

"Well, you two then are having fun." 

"Yeah we do. Anyways, Donghae, are you in for a meeting tomorrow?" she asked out of the blue, surprising him. Well, that girl was direct and wasn't afraid of asking the guy out, unlike Donghae who was afraid of calling her. He felt kinda stupid.

"Of course, that's why I'm calling you." he said trying to save himself not to be a complete chicken.

"Well, our minds are connected then." she chuckled. 

"Where do you live?" 

"It's a big blue buidling next to the elementary school." she tried to explain him.

"Oh, I know, we were driving pass that school, I know where it is! See you there at 8?" 

"Great, see you Hae." 

"Bye Sica, good night." he ended.

He hang up and stayed on the balcony observing the beautiful night view of Chicago. He realised that he was smiling, probably looking like a crazy man but he didn't care. He talked to her again and he's going to meet her. Sica. The first person he met even before he arrived in Chicago. He had a feeling that she's going to be something special in his life, someone who will bring him crazy and funny times and maybe... love? He didn't know for sure since it was too early to think about it but he was excited to spent some time with her again.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hello~ New chapter again! ^^ So new characters are coming, yaaay!! SHINee boys, Henry and Yuri will appear in more chapters but I'm not going to tell you who Kris is and when he'll appear ;) He's going to be a secret for now. So, they will go out, finally~~ New chapter is coming soon. I would appreciate if you comment because it's really encouraging and it's a sign that you really love the story. Tell me what you think, what you want, whatever! ^^ I'm happy to read your opinions. Subscribe and upvote too~Thank you guys, see you soon~