Date

Chicago

♦There is not a thing that can stop me from looking at you♦

~•~

"Hyung, I think that the grey one would suit you perfectly." Henry said as he was holding the shirt, offering it to Donghae. 

"No, listen, if you wear the black one, you'll look more... manlier." Jonghyun grabbed the black shirt, raising a brow.

"You think I'm not manlier enough?!" Donghae frowned, making Henry laugh. Jonghyun became more nervous, trying to explain what he really meant. 

"He'll look like a priest or like he's going to a funeral, he's already wearing black pants!" Henry explained, shaking the grey shirt, trying to get his hyung's attention with it.

"By the time you two decide, I'll probably go shirtless!" Donghae protested, passing through his brown hair. It's been like this for the past hour and neither of them wanted to listen what Donghae himself wanted to wear or had to say. Instead, they just continued to argue and fight over a silly shirt. It was 7.15 and Donghae prayed that they will stop and let him finally decide whst he'll wear on his date. His date, not theirs. It's not like they are going to be there. 

"If he wear the grey one, he'll look like he's 50 and we don't want that, don't we?" Jonghyun said frustrated, not paying too much attention on what his hyung said. 

"We don't want him to look like he's going on a funeral either!" Henry repeated.

"Ya, stop it already. I have 45 more minutes and you two have been arguing on a simple shirt for an hour already. I want to wear the white one! I already decided it that I would wear it but you two aren't listening!" Donghae pouted and grabbed the shirt slamming the bathroom door leaving the two speechless. 
After a few minutes of awkward silence and the background noise of Donghae taking a shower, the guys gave up and started laughing. 

"Let's go play some video games until he's ready." Jonghyun proposed and Henry agreed. Their time flew as they were waiting for Donghae who was very nervous. After he took his refreshing shower, he dressed, the way he wanted and he was very satisfied. He had black pants and a white shirt with a black jacket over. He did his hair and put his cologne. The boys were in the game so they didn't even notice Donghae coming out of the bathroom. He was standing by the door, waiting for them to notice him. After a few coughs, their eyes focused on him. He looked very classy, just like he imagined.

"I told you that the white one is the best!" he smirked.

"Fine, you win hyung. So do you know the way to her house?" Henry asked.

"Yeah, don't worry." 

"Do you know where will you take her, cause if you don't-"

"Ya don't worry. I made some reserch and I have the perfect place." he winked and took his stuff before heading out. He made a deal with Henry so he'll borrow his car since he doesn't have one. Henry was more worried about the car than about Donghae and him being in a unknown city. He worked hard for the car so he already gave his hyung a lecture before driving, like he was his mother. 

 

As he was driving, he was kinda nervous since it was his first date after a long time. He had his heartbreak and since then he didn't focus on love that much but Jessica was someone with who he wanted to try something. She knocked him out of his feet since the moment she smiled to him at the plane. Her cold appearance didn't scare him, actually it made him even more interested in her.

She was waiting for him in front of her building, right on time. She was wearing a nice white blouse and a baby blue hihg waited skirt with dirty white boots. Her dark blonde hair was curly and it was nicely falling on her back. She was looking around in order to find Donghae in the crowd across the street. He parked in front of her and lowered the window, flashing her a smile. When she finally noticed him, her cold and arrogant expression, soon turned into a warm smile. She entered the car and immediately gave him a kiss on the cheek making his heartbeat a hundred times faster.

"Well hello there." he smirked. "You look very pretty." 

"Thank you, you're looking nice yourself." she smiled. Her smokey eye makeup was making her look mysterious and as soon as she flashes a smile to him, that first image dissapears. She's the type of a girl who can look y and cute at the same time and he loved it.

"Where to?" she asked as they were driving through the crowded and alive streets of Chicago. The ligths wer eflashing around and people were ready for the night life. The bars were full but Donghae didn't have in mind to take her somewhere crowded. It was their night. 

"You'll see. You just sit back and enjoy the ride." he shortly explained, leaving her curious. After 15 minutes and a series of curious questions, they finally arrived. The restaurant wasn't in the center, but a bit away, for the couples who want to enjoy their alone time. The restaurant was in a big building and it was located on the highest floor. It was a nice, classy restaurant, perfect for a occasion like this, but it wasn't his only plan for tonight.
They were seated at the table next to the big gtlass window which was showing a beautiful view of Chicago. 

"Gosh Donghae this is really gorgeous." she said admiring the view and the entire place. 

"Well, it's our first date, so... it has to be nice." 

"But you didn't have to-"

"Oh stop. Rather tell me how was your first day in Chicago." 

"Interesting. I met my neighbour and she's really nice." she started.

"Yuri right?" 

"Yes, Yuri. She's really funny and I'm so glad that I met her cause honestly I would be lost. The buidling where I live is huge!" she smiled, again making his heart race.

"Don't hide your smile, it's pretty." he said, making her blush in a blink of an eye. She covered her red cheeks, not saying anything. She peeked after a few seconds through her fingers, seeing his smiling face looking at her, not minding her silly side. 

"Who would've thought that I would be at a fancy restaurant with a random stranger that I met on a plane. You know, I though of going on a later plane when I realised I was late." she admited.

"Seriouisly? Good thing you didn't." he winked. He was so charming and sweet to her that she was blown away by him from the start. He was really something. He had that positive energy with that childish smile which could be a charming one too. 

"And yours?" she asked.

"My what?"

"First day in Chicago silly." she giggled.

"Oh, well insteresting too. My roommate Henry is great, you have to meet him. He took me to the dance studio to see the group who I'll teach. Sica, they are amazing!" he said excited.

"Really? What's their name?" she asked.

"SHINee! You probably heard about them right?" 

"Yeah, I like them. Their choreographies are awesome." 

"You'll meet them too." 

They had a nice dinner and talked about everything. About silly things, childhood memories and funny moments. They laughed like little kids, showing their playfull side and enjoyed every moment of the night.

"I think we should go, the night isn't over yet!" he smiled mysteriously, again leaving Jessica confused. He was full of surprises today for sure. 

"Where to?" she smirked.

"You'll see." he pinched her nose making her frown and blush again. After he payed they left the restaurant holding hands. Not even being aware of it, they just continued to walk like that, feeling comfortable.
They drove to a big park which was filled with lights. There were couples walking around, eating candy and talking enjoying the night. Jessica didn't know about this place so she completly trusted Donghae who prepared everything for this day. He knew since it's an unknown city for him, he drove around this place for a few times during the day so he can memorise the rode. That's how much he liked Jessica and he wanted to gave her the best time tonight.

There was a huge fountain in the middle of the park with colorful lights around as the water was coming out. The view was really beautiful at night since the whole city was full of light.

"Donghae... this is...amazing." she said in one breath. She felt Donghae fingers gently passing through her palm and she smiled to him, leaning her head on his chest. 

"Thank you for a wonderful night." she whispered.

"You're welcome beautiful." he kissed her hair. He felt her scent, feeling drunk with it. He wanted her in his arms like this for the whole night. It seemes crazy for him since they met in a airplane, accidentaly and here they are, holding each others hand, having a wonderful night together.
They stayed like that, enjoying the night in each others arms, not saying much. Words weren't needed now, only gentle, little touches that made they hearts race.

 

"You sure made my first days in here more special." he smiled as they were walking now around the park.

"Same for me. Donghae can I ask you something?" she hesitated.

"Sure."

"Have you ever been heartbroken?" she asked. He expected this question somehow. He's the type of a person who doesn't open up easily, but when the night falls, he could confess every though of his and she was there, full of understanding from the begginning and somehow he trusted her.

"Yeah. She was my first love actually. We were together for a long time and..well she never completly understood my love for dancing and she made me choose between her and dance. It was the hardest decision for me. I actually never told her straight that I chose dancing." he began.

"Then how did you broke up?" 

"She was cheating me with a guy at school." he chuckled, covering how hurt he is till today thinking about it. He got over her for sure but the fact that he was cheated still hurts sometimes.

"Seriously?" 

"Yeah. When I caught them she began apologising and telling me that it's nothing and then I end it and completly dedicated my life to dancing, something that can't cheat on me or hurt me. I went to some dates but it wasn't serious." he forced a smile. Her hand gently squeezed his in a sign of support and he liked it. He pulled her in a hug inhailing her perfume which was like a drug to him.

"And you?" he asked after they broke the hug.

"I had some dissapointements in love but I... I'm actually afraid of being hurt so I just back up." she admited. "But it's diffrent with you. You're really something Donghae and I'm happy I met you because you're different in a way. I know I don't know you that well, only a week, but trust me that I'm really looking foward to spent time with you." she confessed.

"Me too Sica, me too." 

After a nice walk around the park he drove her home. The dirve was followed with laughing and singing silly songs from childhood which they both knew. He somehow was waking the little girl in her, the one she rarely shows and she was glad that he was like that to her. He made her laugh until she can't breath with his silliness and it was something she loved the most about him because she needed laughter in her life right now.

"Thank you for an amazing night Donghae." she said, looking at his dark brown eyes, not wanting to look away. 

"Thank you too Sica. We'll talk tommorrow, okay? I'll call you." he said enjoying watching her dark eyes. Her look was cold at first but again, just like at the begginning, as soon as she smiled, it all dissapeared.

They looked at each other like that for a few moments in silence, enjoying the moment. Donghae was slowly approaching her in a blink of an eye the tips of their noses were touching and their lips were a breath away. He cupped her face with his hand and kissed her. He was dying to get that kiss and she felt the same way. His kisses weren't rough as she thought somehow, instead, they were gentle and sweet and she enjoyed every second of it. They broke the kiss to catch some air but their faces were still very close. She smiled shyly, feeling how her cheeks were getting red. She tried to hide it but his hands stopped her.

"You're adorable, don't." he whispered and stole a kiss suprising her. She accepted his lips and they continued to kiss a few more minutes, not getting enough of each other. She loved his gentle touches and he loved her sweet lips. 

After breaking the kiss she opened the door and when she was on her way to leave, she turned to face him once more, smiling again.

"See you tomorrow Donghae." 

"Bye Sica." he smiled and she left. He watched her enter the building just to be calm and then he drove off still not realising what happened. He neer had that much courage because he always hesitated when it came to kissing a girl. She was bringing something strange out of him and he loved the brave and confident Donghae. 

As he though for the thousand time. That girl was really something.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
NEW CHAPTER IS FINALLY OUT! I'm sorry for not updating more but it's summer and I'm out pretty much all day so I'm on my laptop at night and sometimes I'm just too tired to even write a single letter but I'll try to update more! I would love if you guys comment, even if it's just a short opinion, but it's still something. It really encourages me to continue the story. As I said in the begginning of the whole story, there will be a lot of drama so enjoy these romantic chapters while they are here. That's all from me. Please subscribe, upvote and COMMENT. Lots of love <3