Midnight Blues

Chicago

♦"I want to forget you, I'm dancing"♦

~•~

The guys did their practice after Donghae dragged them and learned they next choreography before their schedual so they were way ahead. As they watched Donghae and Henry showing them the dance, they noticed how passionate they were, especially Donghae who put his all in it. All his emotions, everything he could and had. Whenever he was upset, sad or angry about something, he danced. He was like an animal who was just set free. A completly different person who capable of dancing all night just to release that anger or sadness. Now it was both.

He felt like a fool who was played and that everything that he had with her was just a big lie. To her maybe was, but to him it wasn't. It was finally something good in his life, something that made him feel so happy. He fell for her so quickly and in a blink of an eye she was gone. There were unanswered question in his mind, waiting for an explanation, answer but he was afraid that he'll never get them.

"Guys you did great today." Donghae said as he was opening his bottle of water.

"Thanks hyung. We have to go because we have a schedual so... see you tomorrow?" Onew said trying to catch his breath.

"Yeah, see you." Donghae said after drinking. They all said goodbye and left the room.

"Hyung, let's go get something to eat." Henry suggested so Donghae can relax a bit and forget for a few hours about the drama that's happening.

"I'm not hungry. You go. I'll stay here for a while." Donghae rejected.

"Are you sure? Do you want me to stay with you?" Henry asked, getting slightly worried about his hyung.

"No, don't worry. I'll be back soon." Donghae tried to calm him since his expression was frightened and worried.

Henry left, feeling a bit guilty, but on the other hand, he didn't want to bother him if he wants to be alone for a while. He went to eat something and then went home to relax and wait for Donghae. It was weird not to see Jessica around anymore and it's only been a day since she left. They all got use to see her all the time and now like she dissapeared from the face of the Earth. They can't get to her, they don't know where she is and it's breaking everybody's hearts. It's hard for Henry to see Donghae so down and sad because he was always a positive and happy guy but this really shook him.

Donghae turne the music out loud and started to dance some of his old choreographies, mostly the ones who would exhaust him. He then remembered his first choreography he did for an audition. He made it around the time his father passed away. He would always go to the school's practice room and dance the whole day, exhausting himself, making him feel empty since he put all his emotions out while dancing. That's why dance was his saviour. He always thought how would he survive if he wasn't a dancer. He would probably let all those emotions inside until one day he explodes and that was something he was afraid. Whenever there was a situation that was too hard for him, he would escape to his own world, world of music and dance and suddenly, everything was better in a way. He didn't have anymore trears to cry, anymore anger, nothing. He was numb and empty. 

That's something he wanted to be now. The practice he did with the guys wasn't enough for him so he wanted more. He didn't think about his moves, he just listened to the music and felt it. Felt it with all his heart that was now broken all over again. After three hours he was finally done. It was 8.30 pm and Donghae changed and took his stuff to finally go home. He walked on the same places he used to walk with her. He passed next to the place where Jessica walked as they were meeting so she can see their practice. He could see her graciously walking down that street, wearing her beautiful black summer dress, fixing her long blond hair, having that serious and cold expression. He could still see her and he smiled, looking at the street where he ran to her after noticing her. He remembers how he held her and spin her around and then kissing her. Now it was all gone. Those kisses, hugs, sweet words, everything was a lie and it's gone.

He came home and saw Henry lying on the couch, sleeping. He was probably exhausted from the practice so he fell asleep waiting for Donghae. He went to take a nice cold shower and when he came back, the couch was empty. Henry was in the kitchen making snacks with his eyes half-open.

"Hey Henry." Donghae greeted from the door caughting the younger guy's attention. 

"Oh, hey hyung. Are you hungry?" he asked as he was making his snack.

"No, I ate already." he lied not wanting to worry him more. He hasn't taste food the whole day and he really didn't have any appetite. Henry then continued with his snack making and Donghae took one soju bottle and went to the living room. The TV was on but even though Donghae's eyes were on it, he was looking through it and drinked his soju. Soon Henry joined him with his snack and a bottle for him too.

"You should never drink alone, you know?" Henry said and took a long sip. 

Donghae chuckled and took another sip. The two sat in silence as the TV was the only sound in the apartment. A romantic movie was on and there was a scene where a guy runs for the girl, stopping her from leaving and plus it was raining. It finally caught Donghae's attention who watched as the guy promises the girl the world if she stays with him and apologises for everything wrong he did.

That made Donghae question himself. Did he do something bad to her and not realised it? Maybe if he was better, maybe she wouldn't left without saying a goodbye. 

He finished his bottle of sojut and brought two more, for Henry and him.

"You okay?" Henry asked in English after Donghae returned.

Donghae started at the coffee table and sighed.

"No." he said after a long pause. "I feel like an idiot." 

"I know hyung. I tried to call her when I came home but her phone is still off." Henry said finishing his first bottle.

"Was I a bad boyfriend? Did I do something bad to her? Did I treat her badly Henry?" Donghae desperatly asked.

"No, oh God no! You were sweet to her and so nice. Yuri told me in the club that Jessica always talked about you and that she's so lucky to have you. Don't think like that." 

"Then why did she left? I just need an explanation." he said passing through his hair nervously. 

"Of course you do, you deserve one!" Henry said as he was opening another bottle of soju. 

"I really liked her Henry. I really did. I told her about Yoona and she told me how everybody around her mistreated her and how she always had to be cold to everyone because she was scared and I promised her that she won't be scared anymore. I wanted to give her so much. She made a complete fool out of me and made me so miserable. I mean look at me." he leaned on the couch and stared at the ceiling.

"Listen hyung, you can't sit here and ask yourself what would happen if you were like this or like that. We will try to find her and you will ask her for an explanation and she will give you one, to all of us." Henry said pointing his finger to him, acting like a parent. He was angry about the whole thing and still couldn't figure out why would she leave if she was happy here.

Dongahe looked at his roommate and flashed a little smile to him. 

"Thank you Henry." he whispered and patted his shoulder. 

"You're my best friend Donghae and I don't want to see you suffer." Henry said. They took their bottles and drinked their soju. Time flew by and they talked and it helped Donghae a bit.. It was already midnight and he got pretty drunk. Henry never handled alcohol too well so he stopped after the second bottle

"Henry, she was yesterday here, look, right here and we were lying and she was in my arms." Donghae said pointing on the couch where the two of them sat.

"I know hyung." 

"Why do people leave Henry, why?" Donghae leaned on his shoulder, whimpering. "First Yoona, then my father and now Jessica. What did I do?" 

"You didn't do anything hyung." Henry said heartbroken to hear Donghae saying these things. He was one of the purest and kindhearted people he ever met.

"I'll never fall in love again!" he raised his head and tried to get up but couldn't since he didn't have balance from all that alcohol. He managed to take his phone which was on the coffee table and he dialed her number.

"Hyung don't, it's off." Henry tried to take Donghae's phone away. Donghae put his finger on his lips as he pressed call. He hoped to hear a beep, that would light his hope up a bit, but nothing. Donghae face turned even more desperate and sad. He locked his phone and put it aside on the edge to cry.

"No, I won't cry over her, over no one anymore! I've had enough. Henry Lau" he announced as he got up, losing his balance but Henry helped him so he managed to stand still "I proudly announce you that I will never fall in love again. I will break their heart so they know how it feels. No more romance, love and all that crap. Only lust." 

Henry was shocked to hear someone like Donghae telling all these things. But he was drunk and drunk people say a lot of stuff.

"Donghae hyung I think it's time for you to go to bed." Henry said.

"You're not my mom, I'm fine." he said again losing his balance, trying to stand still in one place.

"Please hyung." Henry insisted. Finally Donghae gave up and went to bed and crashed into two doors on his way there, but he managed to arrive to his bedroom. As soon as his head landed on his pillow, he fell asleep, exhausted and heartbroken. Henry went to check him and as he was looking at his roommate, he promised himself that he will bring him Jessica to apologize and tell him why she left him, breaking his heart.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi~ New chapter!!!!! In the next few chapters you will get to know Kris and I promise that it will be exciting and that these chapters will be full of drama~ You will have to wait for Haesica moments for a while, now it's Kris's 5 minutrs of fame ;-)

Anyways, I hope you liked this chapter even though it wasn't dramatic or anything like that. I would really be happy too see your comments. They keep me motivated and I would really love to see what you think of the chapter and your ideas! They are always welcome. Also subscribe and upvote! Thank you guys, see you soon! <3