Full of surprises

Chicago

♦My heart used to think that it would be okay to be alone like a fool
 But I met you♦

~•~

She noticed him approaching her table with a warm smile. He had that ability to look so handsome in one moment and in the other he was like the sweetest kid ever and that's something Jessica really liked about him. He was wearing a simple black shirt and jeans and he had his bag from the practice on his shoulder. His brown hair was messy and it was hidding his eyes. Even now, she was nervous to meet with him since she didn't know how to brought up their kiss. She was never good with this kinda things and she was always shy around guys and in her wildest dreams, she couldn't imagine to actually have something with a random guy she met on her flight to Chicago.

"Hi Sica." he smiled and on her surprise, kissed her cheek. She could feel her usually pale cheeks, burning and like always, she tried to hide them behind her long hair.

"H-hi Donghae, I'm sorry for calling out of the blue." she apologised, still feeling kinda guilty for ruining his lunch with the guys.

"C'mon Sica, you're not a trouble at all. I wanted to see you." he said pinching her pink cheek. "Don't hide you face, it's just me." 

"Donghae, yah." she laughed. "It's not that." 

"Then what is it? You're embarrassed since we kissed last night?" he raised a brow, trying to catch her look, but she avoid it, still blushing like crazy. Was she that obvious? She cursed herself mentally and tried to control herself and finally look him in the eyes. She slowly lifted her head seeing Donghae being very close to her, having that goofy smile on his face, looking like he's a little 5-year old boy. 

"Hello." he said after she finally looked him in the eyes. 

"Hello Donghae." she smiled. His brown eyes and that warm look made her heart flutter and at the same time she felt embarrassed. 

"Aigoo, you're so cute like this." he , still being very close. They were sitting across each other but Donghae at one moment, leaned across the table to finally get her to look at him, so the scene looked pretty funny.

"Hello, can I take your order?" a girl approached, caughting their attention. Donghae's English was okay, but he was still kinda afraid to talk to people who are fluent in it. He looked at Jessica who confidently started the conversation. She asked him what he wants and added her order. Donghae stared at her amazed, listening to her. 

After the lady left, Donghae, slowly returning to his seat, still stared at her. 

"What's wrong?" she asked confused.

"I love to listen to you speak English. My roommate Henry also speaks it fluently." he said. 

"Thank you. You know English too, why not use it?"

"I don't know if it's good enough. Henry is always with me so he can talk to people. I say a few things, but not much." he admitted.

"I'll help you if you want." she smiled. 

"Really? Woah. thank you. Now I have two English teachers." he said excited, again having that childish side on. She didn't know him too much, but it was enough for her to competly adore this playful side of him mostly because she never met someone so happy and full of life as Donghae. After their food arrived they stopped talking for a bit and began to eat and also exchanged a few glances and smiles.

"How did your first day go?" he asked breaking the silence between them.

"Good, my co-workers are really nice and they are helping me a lot so I'm safe with them. They explained me everything and my boss is great." she said. "And yours?"

"Awesome. We began with the choreography and they really learn fast so that's good since we'll probably finish earlier than I planned." 

"Just as I thought. They are really good dancers. I can't wait for them to comeback so I can see the choreography." 

"You can visit us on one of our practices." he suggested. Jessica really did wanted to meet them since they're pretty popular and she loves their dances the most along with their songs and ofcourse Donghae didn't forgot about it when she told him.

"Really?" 

"Sure! It's some kind of a preparation for them and they can show you what they learned. I'll let you know when the choreography will be finished so you can see it complete." he said and continued to eat. Jessica was flattered to be the first one to see the choreography of a big Korea group and couldn't wait to see them.

"T-thank you Donghae." she smiled. 

"Oh c'mon, it's nothing Sica." 

"Well thank you for that too, but also for last night." she said, feeling her cheeks burn again just thinking about their kiss and date last night.

He chuckled and looked at her, again making her hearbeat faster. She couldn't explain it but something about the way he looked at her was just knocking her off her feet and she loved it.

"I'm glad you liked it. And the kiss too?" he making her blush even more. She was too embarrassed and covered her face with her hands, nervously laughing. 

"Yah, Sica, look at me." he laughed. She shook her head, still covering her face.

"C'mon, let me see that pretty face again."

"Stop being cheesy Hae." she chuckled, talking through her hands. Slowly she spread her fingers and he could now see her eyes.

"Hi there. So about the kiss-"

"You surprised me for sure." she said moving her hands from her face.

"I know." he laughed, seeing how embarrassed and shy she was about it. "I'm sorry." 

"You don't have to apologise. I-"

"You liked it." he earning a punch on his shoulder from her. 

"Donghae, yah!!" she yelled frowning. She hated his teasings that easily made her blush like crazy. She hated to blush since she can easily get embarrassed. They laughed about it and moved to another topic. After they finished their lunch, Jessica had to return to work. She completly forgot about the time so she was in a hurry. 

"I have to go back. Thanks for coming."  she smiled glancing at her watch. 

"You're welcome, I'm glad I saw you." he smiled back. He payed their food ignoring Jessica's protesting that she'll pay since she called him but he didn't want to hear about it. They left the restaurant and he decided to walk her to her building just as an excuse to be with her a little bit more. 

"I'll call you." she said as they were standing in front of the entrance.

"I'll be waiting." he smiled. Suddenly he spread his hands waiting for a hug. He looked adorable to Jessica and she couldn't say no to a hug like that. She went to his embrance and felt his strong hands around her. She honestly wished for that moment to last forever because she loved the feeling to be in his arms. They exchanged looks and she left his arms but soon felt his hand grabbing hers and turning her to him.

Then it happened. Again.

She felt his soft lips on hers once again, lancing her on could nine. She could hear her heart beating faster than ever and feel her cheeks burning again. He was full of surprises and these kisses were the most wonderful surprises he did. After breaking the kiss he caressed her cheek and flashed that smile she loved the most. 

"Bye babe." he said and let go of her hand. She waved and quickly entered the building still trying to cope with what happened. Lee Donghae kissed her in front of her workplace, all of a sudden, again making her feel like she's a high school girl having her first kiss. She was surprised because of their first kiss, the kiss she wanted and here he was again, kissing her when she at least expected, making her blush again, probably looking like a fool. A million thoughts were passing through her mind in a speed of lighting. Work was now the last thing she had on mind. 

That guy. He's slowly changing her. And for the first time ever she liked that change. 

She spent most of her worktime trying to concentrate but her mind would always run to that playful guy. After work she drove off home, tired. It was her first day and she wanted to do her best but after her meeting with Donghae she was completly lost. After dinner she decided to relax a bit watching TV and then call Donghae as she planned. She heard her phone ring thinking it might be him calling her, but she was surprised to see her mom's ID.

"Hi mom." she answered a bit worried. She talked to her in the morning, before work so she can wish her good luck and she already told her all the news about her moving and her work so her call kinda surprised her.

"Hey darling, I'm sorry for calling you this late." the woman apologised, hearing worry in her daughters voice.

"Is something wrong? Is everything okay with Ashley?" she asked still worried.

"Actually, she wanted to talk to you before going to bed. I tried to put her to sleep earlier but she wanted to hear you and I didn't want to call you at work since you were busy." her mother explained.

Jessica felt like a huge pressure just drop from her chest. A million bad thoughts passed though her head hearing her mother. She sighed in relief and waited to hear her voice on the other line.

"Mommy?" a little girl said with a sleeping voice melting Jessica's heart.

"Hi princess, how are you?" Jessica said trying to hold back tears.

"Sleepy, but I wanted to hear you." the little girl said. "When are you coming back?" 

"Soon baby, soon. Mommy has to work so we can live a nice life. Auntie Soojung and grandma and grandpa will be with you until I come back, okay?" she said with a shaky voice. She was sad to hear her little girl sad and asking her to come home.

"Okay. Mommy I love you." she said. Jessica wasn't able to hold back all those tears and just let them.

"I love you too beautiful, so much." she said washing her tears, trying to sound normal. 

"Darling?" her mother said already knowing that her daughter is crying. 

"Take good care of her okay? I'll return soon." she said, now not hiding how sad she is hearing her little girl like that.

"Don't worry. Rest and we'll talk tomorrow. Good night." 

"Good night mom." Jessica ended the conversation in tears. She didn't expect that phone call and to hear her little girl like that. When she was leaving she was peacefully sleeping and she likes to have her in her memory like that. Peacefull and beautiful. She cried a bit to let all that sadness out and remembered that she needs to call Donghae. She needed to hear his voice more than ever.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello my dear readers!! New chapter is here~~ As the title itself says, this chapter is full of surprises! I'm not going to tell you everything yet, you have to be patient a bit ;) I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Please comment, subscribe and upvote this story if you like it! ^^ New update coming soon~ <3