Kris

Chicago

♦You always try to see the good side of people, you try to find an excuse. But sometimes there isn't a good side. There are so excuses.♦

~•~

Kisses on her forehead, nose, chin and cheeks woke Jessica up. She slowly opened her eyes to find her little girl sitting in front of her, softly telling her to wake up. She smiled seeing Ashley and grabbed her in a hug.

"Good morning mommy." she said as she climbed on her mother and hugged her with her little hands. 

"Good morning honey. Did you sleep well?" she asked, playing with Ashley's dark curls.

"Yes I did." she simply answered. 

"Give mommy a good morning kiss." Jessica said. Ashley's big brown eyes full of love and innocence looked at her mother's. She pecked her lips and got off her with a smile.

"I'm hungy mommy." the little girl whines, showing her tummy. Jessica took her phone to see what time it was. It was 10 am and she didn't hear noises from the living room. Krystal' bed was empty since she went to school and Tiffany was probably on a buisness meeting or at the salon. Jessica took her daughter in her arms and went to the kitchen. The glass door of the balcony were showing a beautiful view from the 10th floor of the buliding and the morning sunligths brightened up the whole room. Jessica opened the door so some fresh air can come in.

"Okay baby, what do you want to eat?" she asked opening the fridge. She noticed a note on a pink post-it paper. 

Good morning girls! Krystal and I already had a nice breakfast before heading to work and school and we left you some delicious pancakes. 

XO, Tiffany

Jessica chuckled seeing the note and noticed a plate of pancakes with strawberries on them. They were American, just like she had at home. 

"Ashley, do you want to eat some pancakes?" she asked pointing to them. The little girl nodded and clapped her hands. Jessica sat her on the chair and brought plates to Ashley and herself also with a glass of chocolate milk, Ashley's favorite drink. After they had a nice breakfast, Jessica went to dress Ashley for their little walk. She opened her suitcase and Ashley without hesitating picked her black dress with white dots on it. 

"This one? Wow Ashley, you're going to be very pretty." Jessica said making Ashley smile. The little girl took her PJ off by her own surprising Jessica who wanted to help her. At the end she did help a bit with dressing. After they were done, Ashley turned around to show herself to her mother who gasped and formed a "o" with her lips.

"Oh wait, you forgot something." Jessica said quickly took two barrettes with a flower on it and put them on Ashley's hair. She watched her daughter spinning around, laughing how the dress spinned along with her. She loved that cute giggle of hers and just quietly admired how beautiful she was.

After Jessica took a shower and got dressed, the two of them took the advantage of the beautiful Seoul morning and went for a walk. Jessica was excited because she wanted to show her the places where she use to play whenever she was there, visiting her grandparents.

She took her to a park where she use to go with Krystal. Now, the park was completly re-decorated with colorful swings, slides and bunch of other things. Ashley was playing in the sandbox with a little girl she met. Jessica was sitting on bench, watching over her, enjoying the sunny morning. She was looking at something on her phone when she heard Ashley's scream.

"Daddy!" the little girl started to run towards the bench where her mother was sitting, but was looking behind with a big smile on her face. Jessica's heartbeat skipped when she heard Ashley screaming and immediately got up from the bench. She turned around and saw him with his eyes spread, waiting for Ashley to come. She felt like something punched her in her stomach and she became extremly nervous. He had a smile on his face as Ashley was getting closer. 

"Give daddy a hug princess!" he said and grabbed Ashley. Her little arms were wrapped around his neck as he spinned her around, making her laugh. Jessica was standing in front of them, frozen, not believing what she was seeing. She was running from him all this time and when she finally thought he's in San Francisco, he surprised her, like he always did.

"I missed you daddy." Ashley said breaking Jessica's heart. She was sad that Ashley doesn't have a norma father figure next to her and that she had to spent her first years witnessing fights between her parents. Something Jessica never wanted to give to her child. A future she never wanted.

"I daddy missed you too. Give me a kiss." he said. The little girl pecked his lips and layed her head on his shoulder. It was too much for Jessica who was standing speechless and stared at her husband.

"Hi Jessica." he said with his husky voice that brought shivers down her spine. 

"Ashley honey, your friend is waiting. Go play." Jessica ignored Kris. Ashley lifted her head and looked at her mother with her dark eyes. She had his eyes and whenever she looked at her, whether she was happy or sad, she saw him in a way. Ashley's eyes fro unlike his, full of love and pureness. A complete opposite of Kris. 

"But I want to be with daddy." the little girl whined, still with her hands around his neck.

"Daddy is going to be here, don't worry." she assured her. Ashley looked at Kris and he just nodded. Then he let her down so she was return to her friend. She waved at them one last time before she ran towards the sandbox.

They were now all alone, staring at each other with their cold eyes. They were similar, but agan completly different. Their friends use to call them the ice couple since their straight faces gave that impression. 

"What the hell are you doing here?" she asked breaking the silence. 

"I came to return you two home." he smirked. 

"This is our home now Kris. I told you we're over." she raised a brow, still with a cold expression written all over her face. That fear that she once had towards him was now pure hate. She was afraid that she might be weak in front of him but on her surprise, she felt stronger than ever.

"I'm still your husband Jessica. I'm not going to sign those papers." 

"I don't care anymore. I don't need those papers anymore. Do you even know how much trouble and pain you caused us?!" she raised her voice, not caring that others might hear her.

"Oh Jessica please. You never understood my buisness and it's something that will never change." he got closer to her. She quickly took a step back, not wanting to be close to him.

"I'm not here to talk about that, the thing is-"

"The thing is that you're an and I won't let you get near Ashley." she interrupted him, looking at him with so much anger and hate.

"She's my daughter too!" he yelled back at her. "I have the right to be with her." 

"After what you did to me, no." she hissed. She couldn't believe how much strenght she had to face him after so long.

"Ashley wants me to be with her Jessica. You don't want to hurt her, right?" he said arrogantly, raising a brow.

"You're the one who will hurt her." 

His cocky expression dissapeared when she said that. It hit him hard. Like a punch in the face since that was the last thing he wanted to hear from the women he loves, well use to love. He didn't know that he felt for Jessica after all this. His problem was that he never knew how to express his feelings towards her. After all, he was one of the leaders in a chinese gang, the boss who needed to be cold, arrogant. It was his nature, but when he met Jessica, like something was changing in him. But business was always business and it returned him to the old him. When Ashley was born it really did melt his heart, but the problems were still there and soon Jessica had enough.

"I'm the last person who will hurt her Jessica! She's my blood." he hissed back at her, not believe what she just said. "I may be cold, rude and cocky towards other, but she is the only one who brought something good out of me. Both you and her." 

"Yet I was the one on who you took out all your anger." she said, realising that she can't be strong anymore. So many bad memories came to her when she looked at him. All those tears she wasted on him, all those fears and nightmares she had. It all hit her again. 

He didn't have anything else to say to her. He knew that she was on the edge to cry, he could hear it even though she was hiding her eyes behind those dark sunglasses.

"I know I did horrible things to you and I'm sorry. So much happened while you were away. Tao was killed and it made me think about a lot of things. I started to question if all that was worth it. After we returned from China I came to San Francisco to look for you and met Krystal." he started his story.

"Wait what?" 

"She didn't tell you?" Kris asked, with a confuse expression.

"No, she didn't." 

"She told me you were in Seoul so I came here to tell you everything. I came to apologize and to take you home where we can make everything better Jess." he continued, now in a softer voice.

"Nothing can fix what you did. I don't trust you." she said as she was tearing up.

"Kai came with me so we can talk to you too. I want that both of you listen to what we have to say because you don't know the whole story. Please Jess." 

"Don't call me Jess. You don't have the right to call me like that!" she said in a shaky voice, holding back tears.

"Fine, Jessica. Please listen what we have to say." he pleaded. 

Jessica glanced at the sandbox where Ashley was laughing and playing and then at Kris. Maybe he changed? No, a man like him can never change. Maybe this is all just a trap to get her back. But Kai is here to... She wasn't sure what to do, she was suspicious. But his voice, his eyes... Maybe Tao's death really shook him up, after all they were best friends and he was his right hand. 

"Okay."
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hiiii~~ The chapter you've been waiting for ^^ Kris is finally here and the two of them met! I bet you're surprised and excited to see what will happen next. This is only the beginning, so stay tuned. Donghae will be mentioned soon so don't worry all you Haesica fans. Anyways, comment, subscribe and upovote :3 see you soon~