Stay the night

Chicago

There’s nowhere else to go, I hope that you’ll stay the night♦

~•~

Donghae was waiting in front of the building, looking around to see Jessica. As he promised her, he'll bring her to their practice as soon as the choreography is finished. It was already a month and a half since he arrived in Chicago and the main choreography was finally finished. They boys worked very well and he was very proud of them. They were also working on two more choreographies so it was a busy month for them. That was the biggest reason why Donghae and Jessica couldn't see each other more often as they wanted. He still called her late at night just to talk about silly things and usually those conversations would end very very late. She was doing well with her make-up buisness and she also had her own ideas that she used and that impressed her boss a lot. 

Today was the first time they'll see each other after a few weeks so Donghae was excited. The guys were already warming up and they knew she'll be coming so they wanted to show her the best of them even though it's just one of their practices.

He finally noticed her from far away. He simply could not recognise that gracious walk and that serious expression of hers that was visible far from her. He started to run like a little kid with so much excitement and happiness to her. She noticed him after he got closer at first was frightened since she didn't recognise him and had a little panic attack. She stopped and started to look around but as soon as she saw that child-like smile of his, she sighed in relief. He run to her and gave her the biggest hug he could. In so much excitement he picked her and started to spin around making her scream in her high-pitched, dolphin like voice. After he put her down, he cupped her face, pulling her closer. They were inches apart, and Jessica could hear her heart beat a hundred times faster and could feel her blood rushing through her body, also like always, she blushed like crazy. She felt his hot breath on her lips and his cologne that was like a drug to her. He smirked before kissing her lips first slowly then passionately. He missed her and didn't saw her for weeks, he just needed to taste her sweet lips. 

After breaking the kiss she immediately looked down, shyly like she always is. He lifted her chin slowly so her eyes can meet his. That's when she she felt those wild butterflies in her tummy. Those brown eyes. Sad, yet glowing eyes. There was something in them that made Jessica feel like she's on cloud nine. If she could, she would stare at them for a long long time since there's something so special in them. She wanted to discover what.

"Hey Sica." he whispered still having his fingers on her chin, making her drown in his look.

"Hello Hae." she smiled, feeling how her cheeks were getting redder. God, why she was like that whenever she was with him? She hated to blush like that and it was annoying her.

"I missed you, you know?" he smirked wrapping his arms around her waist, pulling her closer. 

"I missed you too." she said resting her hands on his chest. She wanted to be in his strong arms like that forever, feeling them around her, being drugged with his scent and his brown eyes. He pecked her lips before they went to the building. He took her hand and they started to walk. 

 

They heard their the music from the hallway, and the members talking and laughing. They all stoppe noticing her with Donghae. She was holding Donghae hand tightly since she was shy. All eyes were on her and she wasn't use to it.

"Guys, I want you to meet Jessica. Jessica, these are Onew, Jonghyun, Minho, Key and Taemin from SHINee. And this is my roommate Henry." Donghae gestured to them as they all bowed and smiled to the girl. 

"Hello guys, it's nice to meet you. I'm Jessica Jung." she bowed, still feeling quite embarrassed. 

"Nice to meet you too. Donghae told us a lot about you." Henry said in his fluent English, surprising Jessica.

"Oh really? That's nice to hear. He told me a lot of great stuff about you. I forgot you speak English well. You're from Canada right?" she asked, slowly loosing up. Donghae and the SHINee members just glanced at the two of them with a confused look on their faces. They knew a bit of English and between them Donghae was more skilled, but he didn't dare to speak it in public.

"Yeah, it's so nice to finally talk to someone in English and it's not someone in the coffee shop or supermarket. Thank God you arrived." Henry chuckled, glancing at the confused Donghae who only understood his name in the whole story and the fact that Henry can't speak English with him.

"Ya, you can talk to me in English, it's okay if it's you." Donghae protested in Korean making Jessica giggle.

"Hyung, I always tell you something in English and you began to complain and answer me in English." Henry defended himself.

"It's because you ask me questions I don't understand so well and I can't answer you in English, yah!" Donghae continued to protest causing everyone to laugh. 

"He's always like that Jessica, get use to it." Henry .

"I understand what you're saying now, pabo!" Donghae said seriously, but soon his child-alike smile betrayed him. "And I'm not." 

"Whatever you say hyung." Henry patted his shoulder and winked to Jessica who smiled. She later on talked with the SHINee boys about their comeback and a lot other stuff. She quickly relaxed as soon as she noticed that the guys are really fun and nice.

"Okay guys, show Jessica what you learned." Donghae clapped his hands, grabbing the guys attention.

"Yah hyung, you sound like my math teacher before every test of ours." Jonghyun said. Jessica couldn't help it but to laugh at him, and not only him but to the other guys who were funny as hell always teasing Donghae who really had his episodes of being a strict dance teacher and later on being the 5 year old boy she was slowly falling for. Lee Donghae was really something. He could be serious and y, but the cute and puppy like image suit him better.

Donghae glanced at her after hearing her laugh and she tried to control herself but simply could. Then she approached him and kissed him on the cheek so he doesn't get mad.

"Only at the cheek?" he raised a brow earning a punch on he shoulder from her.

He smirked at her and turned the music on as soon as the boys went to their position. Jessica went to sit to have a perfect view of the boys and couldn't wait for the music to start. 

When it did they began to move synchronised and with so much energy that it blew Jessica's mind instantly. Her jaw dropped and she couldn't be more impressed with them. It was weird seeing them dancing live at a dance practice with so much power and energy, just like on the comeback stages. They were awesome.

Donghae was leaned on the wall, standing next to her, watching their every move with a satisfied smile on his face. She glanced at him and could clearly see how proud he was of them. She took his hand and gently passed through his palm with her finger, flashing a smile to him. 

After the dance finished she started to clap as loud as she could followed with Henry and Donghae who were more than satisfied.

"Now you're going to show that energy you showed to me, to your fans at your comeback stage! This was amazing guys!" Jessica complimented them. They thanked her as they were catching their breath.

"You did a great job guys." she turned to Henry and Donghae who were happy to hear that. Jessica was actually the first one seeing the choreography and they were really happy to hear so many positive comments and that was kind of a push ahead. They really couldn't wait for their comeback stage, but to get there they had to work hard, just a little more. They were scheduled to have a comeback in two month and they had to finish two more choreographies and do the photoshoots. The songs were ready to be sanged.

After the frist dance they practices a few more moves for their other two dances just to make some progress with them and then they did it all together. Jessica enjoyed watching them like that and she also loved to see Donghae dancing with so much love, showing them the moves. It was her first time to see him dance and she was really surprised. She also really like Henry's dance. They all were really talented.

"Okay guys, that's enough for today. You did a great job!" Donghae said as he was opening his water bottle. The boys went to refresh a bit and then say their goodbye's to Jessica since they had a schedual. 

"They are amazing." she said getting up from her chair. 

"Yeah, they're really talented. I'm really glad you came to see that. It means a lot to them." he smiled and gave her a quick peck on the lips. She quickly cupped his face as soon as his lips left hers and pulled him back to taste him once more. 

"You're mine today. You're not going anywhere." he smiled after breaking the kiss. 

"Oh really? Am I?" she raised a brow, crossing her arms.

"Yeah you are. I haven't see you for 3,4 weeks and I think we need to make it up." he smirked. 

The boys returned and said goodbye to Jessica, thanking her for coming to their practice with a wish to see her again soon. Henry went to meet a friend of his so the two of them can me alone today. 

"I decided to show you our apartment today, so we'll be spending time there. I'll have a quicky shower and them I'm all yours." he said as they were walking to the apartment. 

"Great." she said and kissed his cheek.

It was a cloudy Saturday afternoon and they didn't have the will to walk around town so a lazy day was perfect for them. They quickly arrived since the place isn't so far away from the building where they practice. Jessica really liked the apartment and Donghae left her to look around while he was taking a quicky shower. She walk walking around looking at the pictures on the wall, mostly of Henry and his friends. She went to Donghae's room where she saw a lot of pictures of him when he was a kid and she couldn't help but to notice a picture of him and his father playing football, something they always did back in the days. She noticed how bright Donghae was smiling on the picture and she found it really cute. 

"Oh you found that picture." Donghae smiled by the door. 

"Y-yeah, it's really nice." she said still looking at it.

"It was take on my birthday. We had a big party and a lot of my friends came and as always I wanted to play football. My father always joined us and played with us along with a couple more fathers. Good times." he smiled, feeling bittersweet thinking about those happy memories he had with his father.

"What happened?" she asked with a heavy heart, noticing his sad look. She knew that something bad happened when she saw him with that sad look, only this time there wasn't that glow. 

"He died from cancer when I was in high school." he sighed as he sat next to her on his bed. It's hard to believe that he was that happy kid without a care in the world. Now he's a man trying not to live in the past, trying to live his life with much positivity he can. He has his days when he simply doesn't feel like smiling, but he tries not to have them often.

"I'm really sorry Donghae." she whispered taking his hand in hers. 

Donghae didn't say a word, he simply smiled and it broke Jessica's heart seeing that smile, knowing his eyes are so sad. She knows how hard it is to fake a smile like that since she was in situations she had to pretend like she's strong when in fact when was broken inside.

She hugged him as tight as she could, leaning her head on his chest, hearng his heartbeat. He kissed her hair and hugged her back. 

"Hey, let's not be sad today. Just because it's a grey day outside, doesn't mean we'll be like that, right?" he said after breaking the hug. She nodded and followed him to the living room where he already prepared snacks and drinks for them.

"Movie night, what do you think?"

They layed on the couch. He had her in his arms, resting on his chest, listening his breathing, gently caressing her back. She wrapped her arms around his waist, enjoying his touches. It was a perfect Satuday for them. They watched the movie, commenting the scenes and laughing at silly scenes, enjoying each others company. The night arrived and they could her the thunder outside. She was scared of the thunder and hugged him tighter.

"I'll have to go now because it will rain." she whispered. He didn't want her to leave. He wanted her in his arms for the night. 

"Stay." he simply said. "Please."

The silence was interrupted with a phone call. Donghae saw it was Henry and picked up.

"Hyung, I'll be spending the night at my friend's Mark place. His sister and her boyfriend came from Texas so we'll be hanging out. Also it'll rain and I don't have my umbrella and his apartment is on the other side of the town. I'll come tomorrow morning. You and Jessica can be alone tonight." he quickly explained.

"Okay, thanks for calling. Say hi to Mark and the company. Bye." he ended the conversation.

"Henry is going to sleep at his friend's house. I don't want to be alone tonight, so... will you be with me tonight?" he asked.

She really did wanted to spent more time with him since they didn't saw each other for a long time. She nodded in response and kissed him. She loved the taste of his lips and the warmth of his hands. 

"I missed you Donghae." she said breaking the silence. 

"I missed you too babe. I'm really glad you're here." he smiled and kissed her forehead. The movie ended to they began to have their silly conversations they always to over the phone, but this time it's face to face. Those silly conversations leaded to those late night sincere talks.

"Do you find Chicago your escape Jessica?" he asked out of the blue.

She felt like a kick in the stomach. Chicago was more than her escape. It was her light in her dark situation. She needed to earn money so she can finally be with her little girl and be happy like she was before. She didn't plan this, actually she didn't have this in her wildest dream. She tried to fight it and she cried because of it, but she simply couldn't fight it. She was slowly falling for him. His eyes, lips, touch, his childish personality, him. He was different and she was hating herself for falling like this, knowing that this wasn't her plan, none of this was.

"Yes I do. I had problems back home so I needed to turn another page. You?" she said feeling sick for being like this, keeping so much from him.

"Yeah, me too. There were too many sad memories back home and even though I didn't want to leave since my mom was alone there, I decided to finally go and just like you, turn another page. I don't know if I'll return for good, I'm okay like this." he said as he was playing with her long blond locks. She was laying in his lap, looking at him and his sad brown eyes.

"Are you happy Donghae?" she asked.

"I guess I am. I don't know. I actually express everything through my work, so if I'm sad, I'll do more powerful dance moves to let all my sadness and anger out. But yes, I am happy. I try to be. I smile all the time, I try to work hard and live my life well, not wanting to regret anything later on." 

She was listening to him, getting more and more lost in his brown eyes. Eyes that had their own story. Untold story. Sad yet inspiring story. He was her escpae. This night was her escape from herself, from the sadness she was hidding so well from everyone.

"And you?"

"I was hated for being so cold to everyone, but it's simply my mask, my protection from people. I try hard to be friendly and smile all the time, but it's not working so often. You might see me as the shy and bubbly Jessica, but often I'm not like that because I'm scared. I've been hurt so many times that I'm scared. But you... there's something different about you and I'm happy I met you." 

He didn't say anything, he simply leaned to kiss her. She got up, not leaving his lips and pushed him so she can lay on him. He kissed her slowly then passionately, enjoying the taste of her cherry lips. She was his tonight. He was hers. Nothing else mattered to them.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello~ This chapter is pretty long so I hope you'll enjoy it. This one is not dramatic, but if you want some drama you'll have to be just a little bit patient because it'll arrive very soon, sooner than you think! ;) Please comment, subscribe and upvote if you like this story. See you soon. Bye <3