Captivated

Hors D'oevures [Open/Accepting Requests]

Captivated

Captivated
 

Requested by : smtownlovely

Written by : MyDanbo

 

‘Recently, I found a way to make my heart beat faster.’

He lean closer to his laptop screen and plugged in the earphone he had with him. Smiling, he clicks on the play button for the video he paused just now.

‘How?’ One of the guests on the show asked excitedly.

‘Hmmm… When a guy ruffles my hair softly, it makes my heart beats faster. Especially when he says ‘You’re cute’.’ She giggled and laughed.

 

The way she laughed and how she uses her face to make some facial expression while answering that question brought smile on his usual straight expression. He did not know since when she brought that kind of effect on him. Now, even just a tiny little gesture from her can make him fall for her more.

 

He had fallen hard. He knows that, very well to be honest. He just could not bring himself in front of her to confess his feelings on her. Why? One of his reasons is none other than his best friend since predebut and trainee years, Kim Jongin or also known as EXO’s Kai. Kai never once said nor admit he likes their senior, Im Yoona from SNSD, but as a friend—a close friend he knows him well enough to find out that Kai like Yoona more than just a senior-junior relationship. It was more like a like or love towards a man or woman. Kai who is always keep his cool, loses it easily in front of her. He admits that he is also included in that. He also noticed that Kai always have this shy smile permanently stuck on his face every single time she’s around. The best example is during their W Live Photoshoot. Kim Jong Kai who never stops from exerting his coolness, unexpectedly shows his shy side around her. That was when he managed to confirm Kai’s feelings towards the girl. Sehun knows that those behaviors might be interpreted differently from other people perspective, but he knows his best friend well. Besides, he is also having the same kind of feeling with Kai. That’s why he understands.  

 

“Oh Sehun, what happen to you?”

 

He asked himself that question again even though he knows that the answer lies in him. Again, he wonders about another question on his mind. How did he even fall for a girl that his best friend likes? He knows Kai like her first and he is also among the ones who know about it before anyone else. It’s not like anyone else could find out about Kai’s feelings towards Yoona. Probably, only the oblivious ones like Im Yoona wouldn’t even take a guess to know about Kai’s feelings or even his. He still remembers clearly the moment when Yoona make his heart beat differently than how it usually does.

 

‘You’re lucky that you got her as your partner, Sehun ah.’

‘Don’t be too expressionless in front of her. Respect her. She’s my closest friend. Smile more, Sehunnie.’

‘I’m jealous. I hope that I can dance with a female idol too especially my one and only bias.’

‘Yah~ Break a leg! Do it~ She’s Im Yoona. You’ll be fine!’

 

“Ugh… This is so frustrating.” He muttered to himself after feeling burden by the expectation channeled through s’ words and expectation. He squat down in front of the vending machine after remembering the other guy’s hopeless words.

‘It’s not like I am jealous or anything. I thought I will get chosen to be her—umm their dance partner since I am also in the dance line. Oh well, not my luck then. You better dance well, Oh So Lucky Sehun.’ His best friend’s troubled expression somehow haunts his mind ever since his group was told that they get the chance to dance with SNSD for one of their special stage.

“Why must it be me?”

He sighed softly before turning his head in another direction and ended up bumping his forehead with the vending machine.

Ughhh… This . It might leave bumps or something.’ He rubbed his forehead softly without noticing that there is someone right in front of him.

“Hey, are you okay?”

Uh huh. This is not good at all. It’s that voice he recognized very well. The voice that belongs to none other than SNSD Im Yoona, the very person he want to avoid from seeing right now. He thought of brushing her off by ignoring her. However, he realized that the girl in front of him is also one of the respectable sunbae. He decided to nod and greet her politely.

“Sun— Huh?

The soft thing that brushes against his forehead just now—Wait, was it that thing he thought of? It can’t be. Slowly, he looked up at the girl in front of him. The first thing he noticed about her at that time is the smile that makes Kai unable to sleep at night. If only she knows that… Impossible—That’s not it. That’s not the thing he want to tell her or ask her right now. Right now, he needs to—

“Sunbae… What was that?” Sehun swore he could feel something soft brushes lightly against his forehead. Is that—

“A kiss on your forehead, Sehunnah.”

“—what for?”

“Kisses will make pain go away. I kiss your pain away. Do you still feel pain?” She asked innocently. How innocent can she be?

“—No…”

She smile again—This time, her smile managed to swept him off his feet. He did not know why—It just seems to be happening at that time. Wait, he did not think of that! He can’t be—

“Sehun ah… You are really a man of few words.”

“Huh?”

“Don’t mind me. Anyway, let’s do our best!” She smiles again, brighter this time. More sincere, or so he thought.

“—Okay…”

“Sehun ah… Don’t be afraid to tell me anything. You can always depend on me to make your pain away.”

“Huh?”

“Jun—No. Suho said that you are not feeling well. So, I thought of cheering you up! I hope I managed to do so. Anyway, see you on our practice time. I’ll be waiting!” She leaves like a wind blowing against him after patting his head softly.

What happen to me just now? He asked himself after he regain some self-conscious. He touches the part where her soft lips landed on. Soft? What did he just thought about? He shakes his head off, hoping that he could throw away the feelings—Feelings? What feelings? That girl is the girl that his best friend likes. It can’t be—

“No! I must be crazy!” He shouted loudly along the hallway unconsciously.

“Wait, Suho hyung? What did he actually said to her?”

 

That is not the first time his heart beats differently/weirdly around her. How did he know? He just did, recently—when he spent his night in the eldest hyung room, he found his answer to that unusual heart behavior that he had been feeling.

“Minseok hyung. Can I ask something?”

The elder man looked at the hopeless look shown on the face of the youngest member in his group. He nodded slightly as he offered him to sit down on his comfy bed, beside him of course.

“Go ahead. Whenever you are ready…” He smiled at the young maknae after he put away his books containing stuff related to coffee.

He took a deep breath before letting out all the things that had been bothering him for days. Kim Minseok, the so great Minseok the listener, listens to every detail calmly. Once in a while, Minseok smiles slightly while listening to him. After he finished letting everything out, he sighed in relieved. Minseok whom he expected to laughed at him or something just smile in return before opening his mouth to speak.

“Sehun ah. I will only say one thing, but it will be up to you whether you will believe me or not.”

Sehun nodded nervously in front of the great wise hyung that he truly respects.

“Your friend—No… You have fallen for her, the girl in this story of yours. Pretty hard, I assume.”

Oh Sehun looked at Kim Minseok without blinking his eyes for a moment. His mouth started to open wide before Minseok close it for him.

“—hat?”

Kim Minseok laughed for a brief of moment at Sehun’s response to his opinion.

“Trust me. You love her—”

“It’s not about me… It’s about my friend, hyung. He’s the one—”

“You can lie to the other hyungs, not me. I know this is about you. You love her and that’s final. Take it or leave it.”

Sehun nodded in response.

“Hyung, can I sleep on your bed with you tonight? I don’t think I can sleep alone tonight…” Sehun knows his request might bother the older guy. He even thought that Minseok will ask him to leave after having his precious time taken away by the maknae. Sehun decided to leave when—

“You can. Go brush your teeth first and come here if you want to sleep with me tonight. You can also bring your Pinku Pinku.” Minseok said without even looking at Sehun as he prepared himself to go to sleep.

Sehun’s eyes widen for a moment before smiling happily to the bathroom.

                        ✳  
                      Hors Doeuvres 
              ✳  ✳  

It’s impossible for her to like a guy like me. He hates this negative feeling he had. But, it is impossible since Im Yoona likes older guy. Oh Sehun is not a guy older than Im Yoona. Four years younger—’

“HAHAHA.”

“What’s with that laugh? What so funny?” Sehun look at Kai weirdly.  

“Nothing~ Just go and watched your anime or something~ Ignore me, Sehun ah~”

Sehun shake his head in denial to Kim Jongin’s reply to him.

“How can I ignore you when you laugh that loud and wouldn’t tell me anything? There’s this thing called curiosity, you know?”

–No response.

He closed his laptop and peek over the guy beside him. That smile again. He wonders why he feels disturbed by Kai’s smile. He knows that Kai would only smile like that when Yoona is around.

“I should give up…” He muttered in a low voice before turning his attention towards the television in front of him. .

 

“What do you think of a younger guy?”

The young reporter eagerly asked the female idol in front of him. Despite the fact that he was there for the drama, he decided to gather his inner fanboy courage to ask her in front of the other casts. Rather than receiving a ‘no comment’ answer he had expected, the female idol simply brush it off by laughing at the question.

“Why do you suddenly ask about this? Aren’t you going to ask about the drama?” She tried to brush it off professionally.

“I apologize beforehand. I am just asking out of curiosity. Besides, I’m sure your fanboys out there would like to know too. Moreover, these days you even got younger fanboys. So, what do you think of a younger guy? ”

His determination flowed through the words he carefully organized inside his head before asking her. The female idol nodded her head simply to recognize his determination. She knows that there is no escape for this kind of question. She secretly breathes out a little bit before smiling at the eager young male reporter.

“Well, I guess there’s no reason for me to escape right? Honestly, when I first heard my sister talking about men younger than her, I feel weird. But, now things changed. As I grew older, I feel that there is nothing wrong with dating or liking one.” Feeling a little embarrassed by her statement, Yoona laughed nervously.

“Umm… How many years younger than you for the man to be able to approach you as love interest?” The hot-blooded young host filled with excitement asked excitedly ignoring his incorrect sentence. Yoona smiles professionally before answering it by showing the number using her fingers.

“Four… Four years younger is acceptable.”

“Woah. What kind of that you expect from a younger guy if any of them approach you?”

“Maturity. Despite the fact that they are younger than me by age, it would be interesting to find a guy younger than me with a mind more matured than his age.”

“Interesting… Who is the guy among the younger idols that you think is the closest to your ideal guy?”

Before the man could get his answer, Yoona’s partner in the drama stopped him.

“Yah~ Are you going to ask her that? I’m her partner~ It’s definitely going to be me!”

Yoona laughs with wide open at her partner’s action.

“Sorry, that’s what he said~ I can tell you next time. Let’s move on to the drama’s question. Shall we?” Yoona quickly changes the topic professionally, noticing the lack of time to promote her drama since the reporter keep on asking question about her.

 

“Does this mean… I—”

“—have a chance to make her look at me as a man?” Sehun continues Kai statement and glares at him. Kai look at Sehun, feeling weird by his similar idea with him. He wanted to ask something, but their leaders cut him off.

 

“Do you think any young idols that are a fan of Yoong will make a move on her after this?” Kris glances at Suho by his side who seems pretty interested in joining him—Teasing the maknaes that have fallen hard for their best friend can be fun these days.

Suho who understands Kris intention pretty smiles at the taller guy, “Well, I wouldn’t be surprised to know that those young fanboys will make a move. They got pretty good sign to hope for something.”

“You’re right,” Kris glanced over at the two worried maknaes while trying to hold back his laughter. “—Besides, she’s single and ready to mingle. Do you wanna try?”

“—Try what?” Suho asked even though he knew what Kris is trying to do.

“—Court her, of course.” Kris smiles evilly as he slyly looks over the worried maknae line.

“Well, I would—“

Suho sentence got cut off by Sehun and Kai standing in front of them and give them death glares.

“DON’T. YOU. DARE.”

Both of them muttered at the same time before glaring at each other, again.

“Oh Sehun! Why are you copying me?”

“Who did, Kim Jongin?”

Kai could not hold back his curiosity and ask bluntly.

“Did you like her too? Do you love Yoona-noona?”

Sehun eyes widen at the unexpected yet expected question Kai throw bluntly at him just now. The two leaders are now backing away and sitting by the couch to watch the realistic drama in front of him.

“I L—Wait, did you just addressed her as Yoona noona?” Sehun raises one of his eyebrows at Kai.

“Oh yea, I did! I like Yoona noona—No, I love her first! Back off!”

Sehun smirks. Oh, I don’t think I can back off now!

“Heh, it doesn’t matter who like or love her first! Love isn’t about who fall for who first. It’s something more than that. You wouldn’t know…”

“What did you say, Oh Sehun? Are you challenging me?”

“Hmmm… If that what you think, so be it! You, Kim Jongin who have no guts of confessing to Yoona should just be my rival fair and square.” Sehun smiles proudly at Jongin shocked expression. I would never give up if things turns out this way. That time, Sehun changes his thought and decided to challenge Kai fair and square.

“Are you sure, Sehun?”

“I am, Jongin! You’ve seen what she said during the interview right? Whoever—”

“—get to make her fall in love fair and square will be the one who can have her. The one who can’t will have to accept this wholeheartedly even if it will hurt!”

Kai’s words struck deep inside Sehun mind. Sehun smile confidently. Sehun held out his hand towards Kai, gesturing him for a handshake in agreement to their challenge.

“Uh, Sehun ah… Jongin ah…” Suho tries to call out for them which ended up in failure as always.

“Okay!”

The two of them exchanged look and do a gentleman-kind-of-handshake before walking towards their own room.

“What should we do?” Suho glance helplessly at Kris who seems pretty excited by what happen just now.

“Let’s just watch by the side, for now. Am I right, Minseok ah? Luhan ah?” Kris looks at the other two members of his group who decided to hide from getting involved with SeKai.

“Yifan is right. Let’s just watch and standby. It’s the time that the two of them make a move anyway. They have been infatuated with her for a long time now. I wonder what will happen.” Minseok take a sip of his coffee and smiles warmly.

“Seok’s and Yifan is right, Junmyeon ah. It’s time for them to make a move before they will regret it later on. Plus, Yoona knows how to handle this kind of matter more.” Luhan smiles cheekily as the four of them ended the conversation.

And so, the rivalry between Kim Jongin and Oh Sehun begins. It seems like the other EXO members are not aware by the thing that happened in between the two maknaes except for Xiumin, Luhan, Kris and Suho. The four of them decides to just keep silent and watches by the side.

                        ✳  
                      Hors Doeuvres 
              ✳  ✳  

Kai sighs softly inside the practice room. He feels insecure somehow. He knows Sehun have been captivated by Yoona’s charm like him. He just pretended not to know and decide that he don’t want to be bothered by it. He regrets it now. The way Sehun look at Yoona during the dance, the moment their fan captured and start calling the two of them Yoonhun. He noticed every single things, he just acts like he doesn’t. He can guess by now that Sehun also know that he like/love Yoona for a long time now. He somehow regret of accepting and initiating the challenge to start in between him and Sehun. He is not as brave as Sehun who get to play with Yoona by the fountain. If he was in Sehun’s place during the Marry You dance performance, he might not even move a muscle. He was that infatuated with her. He admits it. Im Yoona, the name of the girl that stole his heart without a warning. The girl who managed to ruin his cool façade with just a smile—What have you done to us, Im Yoona?

Kai decides to practice his dance moves that he just come up with while thinking of her.

‘Should I perform this in front of her?’ He cannot help but laugh at his own silly idea.

The moment he stop laughing, Kai moves towards the middle of the practice room.

“Should I give up?” He muttered to himself, before starting to do some stretching.

He takes a deep breath and starts getting immersed in the music playing in the background. The song ‘Why Do I Have Fallen For You?’ that his senior, DongBangShinKi sang a few years back is a beautiful song that make him become fully immersed in it, managed to captured what he want to convey. Or so he thought.

“…huff…huff…” He breathes in slowly and gulps down the water he brings along. He sits down.

“Jongin…” A soft voice slowly resonance against his ear, makes him feels like dreaming.

Her voice, he thought. I must be dreaming. He is determined that he is the only one in the practice room and ignores her presence.

“Jongin ah?” Again, her voice. Kai continues to drink up the rest of the water in the bottle without looking at the owner of the voice.

“Yah! How can you ignore your sunbae? That’s rude!” Kai cried in pain when Yoona hit his shoulder with full force.

“Y—Yoona sunbaenim?” Kai asked in disbelief of the girl sudden appearance. Yoona just smack his shoulder again and laughed.

“Of course! What? Did you think I’m a ghost or something?” Yoona smiles at Kai who keep on staring at her. He still could not believe that she’s here in the practice room.

Am I dreaming? Keep on calling me Jongin~’ He thought as he continues to look at her and enjoy the view that shown before him.

“Jongin ah. Are you okay? Did I hit you too hard?” Yoona starts to feel worried. She knows that she’s pretty strong herself. She lean closer to the younger guy making Kai flinched in surprise of her sudden action.

“Y—Yoona sunbaenim?” He called her name again as he backs away, feeling weird by her behavior.

“Your forehead feels kind of hot. Are you sick or something?” Yoona ask the moment their forehead touches each other.

Jongin? He does not even move. His cheeks redden and that is the time when he feel thankful for having darker skin tone. He hopes that she wouldn’t notice his red cheeks and ears.

Too bad, Jongin. Im Yoona did. “Hey, are you really sick? Your face is red. You are burning. Looks pretty bad to me. Should I call over your hyungs?” Yoona moves away and stands up. She took out her smartphone to do what she thought of doing earlier.

“No, I’m okay.” Kai grab Yoona’s hand and stands up right in front of her. Why is my vision getting blurry? He thought as he grab the phone from her hand and stuff it in his pockets without letting go of her hand.

“Are you sure?” Yoona places her other hand on Kai’s forehead as the boy keep on staring at her.

“That’s dangerous, noona.” He hold both of her hands with his and look at her straight in the face.

“What do you mean? I’m just checking up on you. Why would you say it’s dangerous?”

“Noona, I’m a guy… Don’t just casually do this to any guy, it would be dangerous. You should be glad it’s me.” Kai muttered word by word while feeling that his vision starts to get blurry again.

“Like I said, what are you really trying to say? Now, let’s go. You need rest.”

“Listen to me, noona. I—”

THUD! The two of them fall on the floor with Kai on top of Yoona. Yoona starts to feel worried by the change in the situation.

‘Wait, what are you trying to do, Jongin ah? Uhhh…’ Yoona’s bad feeling subsided the moment she notices that Kai is unconscious and his skin is burning up. Fever. That’s the thing that ran across her mind at that moment. He’s heavy. Yoona thought before she tries her best to move Kai away from her.

BADUMP! BADUMP!

“What’s wrong with me? Uh—” Yoona steal a glance at the unconscious boy on top of her. She had never been this close with him. No, now is not the time to be mesmerized by other people’s face. I need to help him. Yoona tries again. Thankfully, this time luck is on her side and successfully able to get away from that awkward moment. She carefully takes her phone and called for help.

“Hey, I need you to come here right now. Kai’s sick. Can you ask for them to come to? Okay, thanks.”

 

‘Noona, will you go out with me?’ Holding a bouquet of flowers, kneeling on one knee like a gentleman, he holds out the flowers to the girl in front of him. Feeling all nervous, he waits for her to answer.

‘Sure, Jonginnie~’

He quickly stands up and embraces her.

‘I will definitely treasure you more than anyone else. Thanks for accepting me, my girlfriend.’ He smiles brightly until she raises her hand before him.

‘Wait, I didn’t say anything about being your girlfriend. I only agreed on going out with you to some places or something.’

‘But—’

‘I don’t see you that way. If this is what you expect from me, I’m sorry I can’t fulfill your expectations. Goodbye, Kim Jongin.’ She pushes him away softly and turn around to leave. As her figure disappears from his view, Jongin cried out helplessly.

 

“YOONA NOONA! DON’T LEAVE ME!”

The twelve human beings around him stares at Kai, feeling surprised by the unexpected stunt he pulled off just now. They look at each other before laughing at Kai together.

“Huh? What happen?” The innocent Kai asked s and Yoona who happen to be there.

“Yah! Kid, stop making people feel worried! This kid." Suho smack Kai’s head and laughs at him again.

“Suho ah~ Don’t do it~ He’s not well enough right now.” Yoona hurriedly stand in between Kai and Suho.

“Yoona, this kid serious doesn’t know when to stop practicing. He—Yah! What are you doing?”

Kai’s wrapped his arms around Yoona’s waist, pulling her closer to him.

Oh yea, Yoona noona likes a guy who is matured. Take note, Jongin. Matured. Matured’ Jongin warmly embraces Yoona from the back since he found out that Yoona like backhug the most.

“Im Yoona, stay.” Jongin pronounced those words using his most masculine tone he comes up with just now.

“Huh? But, I—”

Jongin cut Yoona off and lean his head against her back, “I know you wanted to stay.”

‘She will definitely stay! I heard girls fall for things like this. Pretty matured, I guess.’ Jongin secretly smile behind Yoona’s back.

A very loud sound of laughter erupted break the weird atmosphere inside the sick room. Jongin releases the hug and stares blankly at the girl who laughs hard. Before he could say anything, Yoona pat his head softly and ruffles his hair.

“Jongin ah~ Are you still sick or what? You seriously need a rest. Noona will come by and visit you later, kiddo~”

Yoona smiles warmly and leave the room after bidding goodbye to all EXO members. After Yoona left, the other EXO members turn to look at Kai with some funny derp-like facial expression. They all laugh at Kai for his funny action earlier.

“Now, guys~ Let’s go~ This kiddo need rest~” Kris words earn a sharp glare from Kai. The other EXO members laughs as they follow Kris exiting the room except for one guy, Oh Sehun.

“What do you want? Do you want to laugh at me too?”

Sehun shakes his head and pull out his straight face.

“Nope, I’m just gonna say I’m not gonna give up. May the best man win~” Sehun smirks and leave after ruffling Kai’s hair.

“Dang, why they like to touch my hair? I’m not gonna give up too! She called me Jongin instead of Kai. That’s a winning point!” Kai smiles as he throws his fist up high in the air.

Oh yeah, the battle is still on in between those two 94 liner maknaes from EXO.

                        ✳  
                      Hors Doeuvres 
              ✳  ✳  

“I’m gonna leave now, unnies and maknae. Gotta go. See you guys later at the dorm.”

Yoona phone beeped

Yoona fasten her pace after she got out of the practice room until she reaches the other entrance for SM idols to avoid their fans.

“Here, wear this.”

Yoona look at the man who handed her sunglasses and a cap.

“Huh? What’s with this, Jongin ah?”

“You’ll need this to escape from your lovely fans. Take care, Yoona.” Kai smiles like a gentleman and open the door for her before leaving Yoona speechless.

What’s with that kid? Where did the shy Jongin I knew back then? Oh well, I’m running late!’

Yoona hurriedly rush out of the building heading to a coffee shop.

Meanwhile, Kai who had been looking at Yoona after he left her starts to jump up and down after feeling proud with his gentleman-like gesture.

“Oh! She would probably think I’m like the drama main lead. A sincere and caring guy who looks way matured than his age. I’m winning this~” Kai skips his way through the hallway as the trainees look at him weirdly.

                        ✳  
                      Hors Doeuvres 
              ✳  ✳  

“Ah, it looks like it gonna rain. I should probably wait inside the building first.” Yoona stride through the crowd of people.

“This is coincidence.”

“Huh? Oh, it’s Sehunnie~ Pleasure meeting you here~”

Sehun smile like a gentleman which makes Yoona feels like a deja-vu.

Out of nowhere, he takes out an umbrella and a can of hot coffee.

“Yoona noona. Take this. I’m leaving now.” Sehun nodded slightly before running under the rain with his hood covering his head.

Yoona just look at him dumbfounded.

“What’s with him too?”

 

Days passes by in Yoona’s daily life wouldn’t be complete without Sehun and Kai romantic gesture and matured like attitude. Yoona just accept it as the fact that they are growing up until such time as Kai suddenly came and kneel in front of her with a rose on two separate occasions. Other than that, Sehun suddenly surprise her up by opening doors for her, sending flowers over and treat her differently. There’s another thing she noticed in regards of Sehun and Kai behavior and treatment towards her which is they are quite similar.

“What’s with those kids?”

Dadaotalk~

She pushes away all the thoughts she had before and takes out her phone to read her Dadaotalk message. A smile crept upon her face that remains permanently the whole day. Yoona skips her way to the practice room without noticing two guys have been watching over her.

“I’m sure that smile is for me~” Sehun smirks proudly at Kai.

“Hey, that’s for me~ I make her happy a lot these days~”  Kai grins happily as he recall the things he had done for Yoona the past few days.

“Nope~ That’s for me! I’m sure. Plus, we are closer than you think, Kim Jongin~”

“Stop! If you are that sure, let’s ask her who did she like the most? Me or you?”

Kai glares at Sehun who raises his eyebrows at Kai.

“CALL!”

                        ✳  
                      Hors Doeuvres 
              ✳  ✳  

After days of trying to act as matured and gentleman-like guy in front of Yoona, Kai and Sehun have come up with a solution. They are determined to ask her together. Who will Yoona choose in between the two of them? Days passed by ever since the two of them come up with that kind of decision. Kai and Sehun decided that they will not do anything too extreme. They will do it like how a manly man will do.

Confession.

“Are you sure this is the best way to find out?” Sehun sit down at the corner of the practice room, once in a while he glances over Chen and Chanyeol that tries their best to dance well.

“I’m sure. I asked Luhan hyung the other day. He said that a man should confess!” Kai beamed with excitement whereas Sehun seems a little unsure about it.

“But—What if—”

“There’s no IF or BUT, Sehun ah! I’m sure you are curious too. Let’s just do it like Luhan hyung suggested. No more backing out. If you are thinking of it, I will not give up for your sake. Remember, you are the one who started this with me.”

“Sehun ah! Jongin! It’s our group turn to practice!” Suho called Kai and Sehun, abruptly ended their conversation right there.

‘It’s now or never.’ The two maknaes thought before they started their dance practice.

                        ✳  
                      Hors Doeuvres 
              ✳  ✳  

“Oh my goodness, they really took my advice!” Luhan whispered to the other three guys in excitement.

“I thought your advice was stupid, Lulu.” Kris smirks with his eyes fixed at the scene.

“Yah! Wufan! What are you saying? My advice is not—”

Minseok cut Luhan off by smacking his head, “Silence. Whether it’s stupid or not, they are following it anyway. Listen!”

Suho snickered and fixed his eyes back at the scene, “Minseok’s right. Let’s just watch them.”

The four guys had their eyes fixed at the scene without noticing a certain member spotted them eavesdropping.

“Yah! What are you guys doing here at the rooftop?”

“Shh! Keep your mouth shut or we as your hyungs will let you suffer for years.”

He nodded after receiving death glares from the four of them.

“Now, what happen?” Minseok question makes the other four guys turn their attention over the scene at the rooftop.

“Wait, isn’t that—?”

“Shhh!”

 

Standing in front of the two maknaes is no other than Im Yoona who seems pretty clueless about the situation.

“Yoona noona, you must be clueless why are you being called by us to the rooftop…” Kai asked after moments of silent, gathering his courage.

Yoona nodded slightly, “Yes, are you asking me to look at the stars with you or something? Or did you get bullied by your hyungs that you need me to scold them off?”

“No, Yoona noona. We have something to say to you…” Sehun glanced to Kai by his side, signaling him to ask her together.

“Go ahead” Yoona said cooly, not thinking much into it.

“Yoona noona, do you remember about the interview where you said that you like—” Kai nudges Sehun for help.

Sehun quickly pick it up from Kai and continues to ask it for him, “—The interview where you said you can accept younger guys now. Umm…”

“Yeah, I did. I remember saying I can accept guys four years younger and matured kind of guy. Why?” Yoona stares at the two guy at the same time. Their cheeks redden before looking at Yoona together.

“What if we tell you to pick one of us?” Kai and Sehun ask in unison.

“Wait, don’t tell me?” Yoona cover with her hands, obviously didn’t expect them to ask her that kind of question.

“Yoona, I love you! Will you be my girlfriend?” Kai and Sehun spoke in unison after kneeling down together on one knee in front of Yoona while holding a bouquet of rose. Kai holds a red bouquet of roses mix white roses meanwhile Sehun holds a bouquet of red roses.

“Uh…”

“Yoona noona, we don’t mind if you pick one of us. We have already decided not to regret anything.” Kai and Sehun look at Yoona with determination shown on their eyes.

Yoona sighs silently before taking both bouquet of roses and asks the two guys to stand up. Yoona put the bouquet of roses on the chair near them before holding Kai and Sehun’s hands.

“Sehunnie, Jonginnie. I like both of you a lot. I treat both of you the same too.”

“Who did you like more?” Kai feels a little impatient and ask Yoona.

“The thing is… I can’t accept both of you. It’s not because you are younger or you are immature. It’s just—That someone already make this step way ahead of you two. I’m sorry. I hope you will not feel bad or anything. Umm… You two are still young and you can still meet lots of other people later on.” Yoona smiles warmly and ruffles their hair.

The two of them stayed silent to think through. They did not think of this. Kai and Sehun sighs for a moment before looking back at the girl they love.

“Yoona noona… What if—I mean what if—in the future if you still don’t have anyone around you, will you accept one of us?” Kai ask bravely. Will this burden her?

“Huh?”

“Yoona noona! It’s not easy for us to give up! We will have to see the guy first! I mean—It’s not like we don’t respect your decision, but I hope you can respect ours too! If by the time we reaches 24 years old and you are still not married or in a relationship, you have to pick one of us!” Sehun’s determination did not falter despite the fact that he and Kai got rejected a while ago.

“Uh—Okay then. I don’t want to reject people twice or anything. Since we are all still young, let the future decide. I acc—”

“NO! THAT WILL NOT HAPPEN!” The three of them look at the owner of the voice that interjects their moment.

“Hyung!” Kai shouted in surprise.

“What? There’s also Minseok hyung, Luhan hyung, Kris hyung and Suho hyung!” Sehun glares at the other four older members from his group.

“Uhh---We happen to be around here. We are leavi—” Suho and Luhan tries to pull Chen away from the scene, but Chen pushes them away.

“No, that will not happen to the two of you. EVER! Im Yoona is my girlfriend! Stay away, kiddos!” Chen grabs Yoona hand and pulled her away from his group members while Yoona keep on apologizing to them.

Kai stares at the two of them with mouth wide open, “That’s unexpected—”

“How did it happen anyway? Since when?” Sehun added.

“Aigoo~ Maknaes, come to me~ Let’s go home now~ We can talk about it later~” Suho smiles warmly

“Stay away, grandpa! That troll is her bf! I rather have Sehun or me have her! This can’t be! Sehun ah!” Kai look at Sehun, giving him signals.

“I know right! I will never admit I lost to that troll! Yoona noona should have us as her boyfriend! Jongdae hyung! We will never let you have her!” Sehun grab Kai as they run away from the rooftop, probably chasing for Chen and Yoona.

“How dare they call me Grandpa! I’m blonde, y and RICH! I’M KIM SUHO! COME HERE YOU KIDS!” Suho shouted as he ran towards Sehun and Kai.

“Hey hey, Suho! We have practice after this! Did you forget?” Luhan chases after Suho, leaving Xiumin and Kris behind.

Xiumin sighs and look at Kris.

“Are we the only ones who know about what’s happening around us? Dang, they surely dense not to know Yoona has been in a relationship with Jongdae for a while now! Hey Kris, want some coffee? My treat~”

“Wait! So, does that means Yoona is with Jongdae all along? I didn’t know!” Kris stares at Xiumin with his mouth wide open.

“Suit yourself. I’m gonna go and grab some coffee.” Xiumin walks away, leaving a clueless Kris behind.

“Yahh~ Wait for me Minseok ah~”


MyDanbo's ► Hello everyone~! MyDanbo here. Thank you for requesting at this shop. Please continue supporting us! I hope you will request more in the future. Do check out the stories below. 

CAPITULATE  Mirror Mirror  Beguiled  Mirage ✮ Whimsical  Ambivalence