Completely Clueless

Hors D'oevures [Open/Accepting Requests]

Completely Clueless

Completely Clueless

requested by: clasicoustic-

written by: LolliLovee

 

 

Let's break up. ✓ Seen 4:29AM

He breaks up with her first. He breaks up with the pretty petty smiles, the broken facades and the way she says hello, as though he is an acquaintance and she says it out of politeness. It's not an accident. He runs his fingers through his blond hair, knowing quite well he'll see this girl the next week when they volunteer at the library for the rest of summer. 

Okay. ✓ Seen 4:29AM

He sometimes thinks that he never meant that much to her in the first place. He's pretty sure he's right. 

 

                ✳  
                      Hors Doeuvres 
              ✳  ✳  

"Hey," he says to the red haired beauty when she stands next to him. There's a moment of silence, her dark eyes light up with disgust. (In the past, he used to believe the gods put the stars in her eyes just so they knew how beautiful she was, but now he knew it was because they didn't want it in the sky anymore.) 

Her name is Jinri, she had pretty brown hair and turned it red when she turned eighteen. She used to laugh at all his stupid jokes and sometimes she'd run her fingers through his hair to get him to realize that she was in love with her. Her eyes meets his eyes and he knows that she's not in love with him. He scoots away from the beautiful red and stands next to the pretty dark haired lady who stares out the window. 

He's a talkative one, he knows, but when he stands next to her, nothing. No words leave his mouth and he's starting to thnk Jinri took all of them when they were dating. 

She turns away from the window, looks at him and gives him a blinding smile. His heart skips a beat once, maybe twice. 

"Im Yoona," she introduces and before he can even say another word, she looks at the red haired beauty, waves and looks back at him. She keeps him close to her and he can smell her lilac lotion against her body. "Your girlfriend is jealously looking at me. Should I be afraid?" she whispers into his ears, chills run through his body and he glances at his Jinri. He loses his train of thought. She's not his anymore. The person who stands next to him laughs at his now red ears and moves away from the boy and his ex girlfriend. 

A voice booms in the distance. 

"Im Yoona and Oh Sehun." 

Oh Sehun stands up, his eyes fixes onto the woman who would be his supervisor slash coworker slash the pretty twenty-one year old that he couldn't utter a word to. Her eyes meet his, and she sends a sly grin his way, waiting for him to shoot back a smirk. But he runs a finger through his blond hair once more, glares back at the smirking woman and watches as she gestures him to come over towards him. It's like she has him under her spell. But when he gets close one more time, she leaves him breathless. 

It is a bit ridiculous though. He's never been a er for love at first sight, but Im Yoona makes him think otherwise. They exchange a glance. (She smiles at him and he nods at her. They make a great team, he thinks.)

           ✳  
                      Hors Doeuvres 
              ✳  ✳  

Sehun puts the teen fiction book away and watches as Yoona diligently runs her fingers through comic books. He smiles at the pictures and he swears that she looks delicate when she isn't speaking or saying a word to anyone. Her dark hair cascades, waiting for someone to catch her in the act of reading American super hero comic books. 

"I never thought you would be a comic book nerd," Sehun taunts. The woman looks away from the Deadpool comic and smirks at Sehun.

"This is the first time I've heard you speak," Yoona replies, a laugh escapes her lips and she ruffles his hair. "Is there something you'd like to talk about, you hopeless romantic?" she asks, putting the book back into its place. Sehun forgets that he can still talk to girls and that he isn't as shy as the girl thinks he is. But then she smiles once more, pokes him on the shoulder, and wonders what the heck is wrong with him.

"Do you wanna hang out some time?" he asks. Yoona stares at him and he knows that he's too young and that she is too old for such teenage games, but he just wants to give them a chance, just talk or even say a few words more than just a supervisor to intern. 

He waits for her to say no, she purses her lips and he knows from experience that it's never a good sign. Girls who hesistate aren't the ones he should be flirting around with, but then she looks away from his sparkly brown eyes and looks towards the girl that glares her way, they broke up so why does it matter?

"Your girlfriend is going Medusa on me, we should actually, I don't know, talk before you decide it's a good idea to 'hang out' with a female," Yoona replies nonchalantly. She smacks him with a different comic book and motions the guy to go do his job that involves reshelving books and helping kids find books in the right section. (He doesn't understand why they would even want to read biographies about past Korean kings, but he doesn't question this. They're probably good kids or something like that. He also forgets to tell Yoona that Jinri isn't his girlfriend, but that's for another day.)

Yoona looks his way a little more often now. 

 ✳  
                      Hors Doeuvres 

              ✳  ✳  

"Babe!" Yoona shouts over in the silent library where everyone stares at her and it makes Sehun blush because she shouldn't be shouting in a library. And she calls him a pet name which is too intimate for a work place. But the other co-workers look their way and they can't help but laugh because Sehun is a victim to Yoona's game. It's something they're all used to. The teenager turns around, smirking at the co-worker.

"Yes, boo?" he questions. She pulls off a book from the cart, smiles at him before tossing him a book for the romance section. There's a smile upon his lips and when he reads the title, it follows through with another book being thrown at Yoona. 

Kiss Me, Darling.

Maybe Next Time.

Her eyes sparkle with mirth as she reads the book title and finds its resting spot. She throws another one towards him and the game continues. They pass books back and forth, waiting for someone to shout and yell at them for disrupting the peace. The others only join in, their bodies picking books before passing it back and forth to others. Sehun has to think that this girl a lot more than simple taunts and implicit maturity. 

     ✳  
                      Hors Doeuvres 

              ✳  ✳  

Hey it's Sehun.  ✓ Seen 3:45PM

You just saw me. Are you crazy? ✓ Seen 3:47PM

Well... ✓ Seen 3:47PM

They spend the rest of the day texting stupid things to each other. 

  ✳  
                      Hors Doeuvres 

              ✳  ✳  

Hey, it's Sehun. ✓ Seen 1:29AM

It's one in the morning, he doesn't like late night conversations and he doesn't tell acquaintances his inner secrets, but Yoona can see right past his facade and she still taunts him for being so shy around her. 

Something's wrong. Tell me. ✓ Seen 1:32AM

It's like she has a sixth sense when it comes to his emotions. He lays in his bed and tries to figure out ways to word his sentences, but nothing seems to come out on the screen. 

Open the door. I'm at your house. ✓ Seen 1:43AM

He opens the door, she looks away from her phone. They stare at each other for a few minutes. He wants to tell her everything about Jinri,  how Jinri still means something to him, how he really wishes he could get her to stop staring at Yoona, how Yoona's eyes look after a busy day at the library, or when she looks at him and he sees that gleam. Most of all, he wants to tell her that she could be a galaxy that he has yet to explore. They stand there. He says nothing and she does nothing. They stand and stare. 

"I never knew you were a crier," Yoona smirks. She presses her fingers against his cheeks and he feels a spine raising emotion that hasn't been there in a while. He invites her in and tells her the stories. 

 ✳  
                      Hors Doeuvres 

              ✳  ✳  

He's not sure how to explain Im Yoona to others. When he stares at her, she steals his breath for three seconds before replying with a comment that involves him and his creepiness. Or how every time they speak, she steals a little bit of humor into seriousness. And every time he says something witty, she laughs and smirks. She is a person who he has yet to know every bit and piece of, but she seems to have him wrapped around her finger. 

But he knows she likes Deadpool, that she changes her nail polish every three weeks just so they don't go bland, how she steals snacks from the break room and likes to talk about ex-girlfriends that really shouldn't exist in Sehun's life. And sometimes, she can see Jinri in the corner of her eyes glaring.

It's another day of Jinri staring blankly at Yoona. She only looks at Sehun with a slight smile. He can feel the devious plan under her skin. And it scares him a little. 

"She's looking at me again," Yoona whispers into his ear. She makes him go insane. And for once, he feels his vocal chords working after being so clueless. It's a jolt of lightning, he can feel his jaw move and it creaks, but it still works nonetheless. 

"Do you wanna hang out?"

"Yes."


LolliLovee's Note: I am sorry for the requester. I don't think you were looking for this kind of one shot, huh? Sorry.