A Little Cafe

Hors D'oevures [Open/Accepting Requests]

A Little Cafe

A Little Cafe
 
 
 
 

 

requested by: lovesnow
written by: LolliLovee

  ✳  
                      Hors Doeuvres 
              ✳  ✳  
 

The cafe's door rings once again and the scent of coffee beans and vanilla cakes wafer through the building. Light laughter twinkles in the background and the baristas look towards the door's direction. It's an average morning, French flings off the walls and into the customer's ears. It's pretty to her foreign ears. They look at her once more before throwing one of the newer baristas her way. 

He's cute, his lips are plump and his cappuncino colored eyes stare blankly at her. His dark hair is ruffled and tossed as though he just woke up, but she doesn't seem to mind. There's French being flung his way once again and he swears that he might kill them if they continue their torment. 

"Can I get you something?" he asks in his shy French. It's not his forte, it's not his native tongue, he's not sure why he's even working at a French cafe, but they don't know how to speak Korean and he's the only one who can teach them the basics.

She looks at him with a soft smile (it's blinding, he has to find his breath once more when she smiles llike that) and replies in French, her voice sounding like whipped cream and warm milk. It's crazy he thinks because no one should have dark curls that cascade or a smile that leaves him in a trance. 

"A piece of chocolate cake and a cafe latte," she states again when his pen doesn't start moving on his notepad. It's not a complicated order. She knows and he knows that too, but he still gets a bit flustered when she's around. It's not the first time. It's not the first time he's been struck by Cupid's arrow and she's staring at him again with those lovely brown eyes and it's almost begging him to stay around this time. 

"Monsieur?" she asks with a sweet smile. 

"Mademoiselle?" he fights back, there's a kind smile on his lips too. His voice is husky and when he smiles, there's a laughter trying to escape from his lips. They don't say anything else, they smile at each other while the cafe turns out to be a little bit busier than it usually is, and the guys in the back are still cursing him for not asking her anymore than the usual. They don't need anything else. She winks at him once. He heads back to the counter, waiting for the horde of the other staff to attack him in a language he barely understands.

They pat him on the back, they shout their encouragements and he comes back out with two pieces of cake, two cups of coffee and a smile on the boy's lips. 

"Nice to see you again, Yoona," he says as he puts her plate down. He smoothes out his black vest and his slacks, and rolls up his white button downed shirt once more before sitting in the seat in front of her. There's a smile apparent on his tanned face, his teeth shine even brighter in the early morning. It's then when the smile turns brighter does she takes a piece of the cake into , smiling at the sweetness that only foriegners seem to know how to create. 

"I've missed you, Jongin," she says softly. Her eyes display a glimmer that he still can't get used to. And it still pounds at his heart as they continue to eat in peace. It's not until the door rings open once again do they say anything. 

"Mademoiselle," he states quietly as though someone would yell at him for trying to be so loud.

"Monsieur," she replies. 

This is their secret. They don't tell the world of their mysteries. Their eyes burn into each other, and somehow, she's infatuated with the thought of him being around her. It's their thing, foreign words swirl around them, but they don't notice. They speak another language that no one else understands. Their stares become more dominant. There is still glitter pressed onto their eyes. Their 'I love you's pressed into a cursive writing that looks beautiful to anyone. It is perfection and they continue their game. 

"Do you even remember when we started that?" he asks, sipping at his black coffee. Yoona presses her finger to her cheek, trying to remember the memories. It's cute. He takes a mental snapchat of her even when she's pondering she still looks beautiful. Though, if he ever tries to tell her that, she'd try to kill him. 

"You were stumbling with your French, you couldn't even say hello," she starts and her eyes become foggy. Her smile becomes a little more nostalgic and he can't help but think she's the most beautiful thing she has ever seen. "And so to calm you down, I just said everything in Korean, but I guess you didn't like that and so we ended up..."

"Just saying the French word for male and female," he finishes. They smile once again. It's silly she thinks, it's silly that they kept this for days. It became their little saying. She finishes a little bit of her coffee, her smile continues. 

"So, are they still hounding you for being really bad in French?" she asks remembering that first encounter.  

"They're still making fun of me because I stutter about when you're around," he adds on. 

"Isn't that a step up from accidentally calling someone a dog?"

"Okay, you know French isn't my forte."

"Yeah, but you're no good around girls too."

"That only applies to you!"

They muddle around in Korean not noticing the other customers coming in and out. They continue to chat, laughing at silly memories and picking at crumbs from the cake. The customers come in, smiling at the two and go about on their way. They're in their own world and while the other baristas would try to wave them down, they would never notice. It's simple. They take the window seats and dream of adventures beyond the cafe walls. 

It's not long before they watch the stars in the sky appear. It's not long before they believe that the world is starting to fall asleep. They speak one more time, and their smiles freeze. 

"Thanks for spending your whole day off at the cafe," Yoona smiles. 

"Thank you for being mine for a night," Jongin laughs. 

They get up. Their fingers intertwined.  

"Monsieur."

"Mademoiselle."

A gentle kiss is pressed upon each cheek. 


Author's Note: Yaayyyy! It's finally done. Whoot whoot. Hopefully I did a good enough job for you, I'm sorry it's so late. I did end up using a little different way of using the "Okay. Okay." quote, I don't know if it's completely a good way to do it, but I hope you do enjoy the one shot and wowowowow, I love writing Kai like all the time. CAN YOU IMAGINE HIM AS THE AWKWARD SHY WAITER WHO'S SURROUNDED BY GUYS WHO KNOW MOSTLY FRENCH? He's probably fidgeting around and everything.