Secret Admirer

Hors D'oevures [Open/Accepting Requests]

Secret Admirer

Secret Admirer

Requested by : Yooniya

Written by : MyDanbo

There she was, standing by the door with her smile that could brighten up his day. Her laughter that sounds like music to his ears, her eyes that shines whenever she talks about the things she likes. Her warm personality with her smile that will never leave her makes people become attracted to her, even his very own eyes. He likes to watch her as she walk passed by him. He has no idea why his eyes always follow her whenever she enters his field of vision. Her smile that gain his attention the first time he saw her.

“Stop looking at her as if you’ll pierce holes through her body, Luhan.” One day, his bestfriend warn him of his habit which he does not realize it.

Luhan did not want anyone to find out about this newfound hobby of his. Staring at her whenever she passes by, hoping to see her smile because that will make him smile mirroring her expression, watching her cute adorable facial expression that he finds entertaining, all these things that he did whenever she’s around. He give Minseok a clueless look while making sure that he did give an innocent look to that friend of his.

“Who?”

“Stop feigning innocence, Luhan. You and I both know who is subject of your very own eyes to observe.”

“Uhh—Observe who? Come again?” Luhan continues feigning innocent because he did not want her to even hear their conversation. She probably does not even notice my presence around here.

“Cut to the chase, Luhan. Seriously, are you in love with her or are you the ert who enjoys observing women?” Minseok throws him an unexpectedly blunt question. Luhan did not expect this to come out from Minseok’s mouth. Honestly, he did not expect to be asked this kind of question even though he sort of expected that people might catch him ogling staring at her. He threw another clueless look at Minseok, hoping Minseok would let this slide.

“Well, if you don’t want to tell me~ I can just go and ask her then~ Beside, she’s my—” Minseok laughs and slowly tiptoes to walk over to the girl working behind the counter.

“Wait! I—Uhh”

Minseok smirk and take a seat besides Luhan again.

“Umm—I don’t know. I just like to watch her, look at her and observe her whenever she’s around. Later on, I found out that she works here as a barista.”

“So, the reason why you beg me to come with you to this café is because of her. Am I right?”

Luhan slightly nod and look down. He does not know why but he feels embarrassed right now.

“So, what did this girl do to you that make you to always look at her or something?” Minseok gulped down his coffee feeling amused at his best friend behavior.

“Well, she just happen to make me feel better when I feel down the other day. She gave me a cup of coffee when I failed the test to enter our university. She smiled at me, reassures me that if I take the test again, I will get in and so I did. Did I mention she got a beautiful smile? Somehow, ever since that day, I started to look for her. I don’t know why. After that, I found out that she’s our senior and she works here. I don’t—”

“Hold on a sec, Luhan. Did you drink that coffee she gave you?”

Luhan’s eyes wandered to the girl behind the counter for a moment before he look back at Minseok.

“Uhh—yeah…”

“So, you’re telling me that Xi Luhan who hate coffee more than anything else in the world, drink the coffee given by some girl who happens to have beautiful smile?”

“Yes, I did. The coffee did not taste that bad. I kind of like it.”

“Well, yeah. You are addicted to it, Luhan. You drink coffee more than I did. It’s true what people say~ Love changes everything~” Minseok laughs at Luhan whose cheeks are now red due to feeling embarrassed.

“I did not say I love her. I just—” 

Luhan abruptly left his sentence hanging the moment he heard a sound of glasses shattered.

“Yoona-sshi! What happen?”

Luhan could see the Yoona getting scolded by her café manager. For some reason, it irks him and makes him feel sad looking at her getting scolded.

“I’m sorry, Mr. Shim… I will not do this again. I sincerely apologize…” Luhan noticed that Yoona tries her best to hold her tears from falling.

“Okay, I accept your apologies. Now, you go and clean this mess up! Meet me in my office after this.”

‘If only I can go there and protect her like how the heroes in the drama do all the time… But, it might make me look weird!’ Luhan thought as his eyes follow Yoona’s movement.

“Yah! Go and help her! Stop watching her like some creepy stalker. Go!” Minseok hit Luhan’s back to make him stand up.

Luhan stood up and bravely walk towards Yoona.

“—Can I help?” He spoke softly after he got the courage to do so.

Yoona look up to the now-flustered-and-too-embarrassed-Luhan and smiled.

“It’s okay, Mr. Customer. I—”

Luhan cut through her sentence and squat down to help Yoona.

“Sir, I’m sorry to tell you, but I have already finished picking it all up.”

Luhan who felt too embarrassed could only stare at the floor that is clean from anything. Luhan feel more embarrassed when he can hear Minseok’s evil laughter. He almost feel like digging the floor and bury his head under it.

“Anyway, thank you sir… I appreciate your kindness. Please enjoy your time here.” Yoona spoke softly and pat Luhan on his back. The moment he looked at her face, Luhan thought he got rewarded with her beautiful smile.

 

“That was embarrassing, Luhan ah!” Minseok laughed and hit Luhan’s back.

“Shut up, Minseok! Keep walking. Well, at least I got to see her smile.” Luhan lips curved into a smile as he hummed some tune to a song that ran across his mind.

“Hey Luhan, are you going to keep on doing this kind of thing? Looking at her from afar, admiring her smile and falling for her more every time you see her.”

“I guess… What else can I do?”

“I’ve got an idea. Are you in?”

Luhan feels reluctant looking at Minseok’s questioning smile. However, he just nodded to agree with Minseok’s suggestion.

        ✳  
                      Hors D’oeuvres 
              ✳  ✳  

“Yoona, there’s something for you.”

“Thank you, Guk Joo noona ah~”

Guk Joo handed over a box of chocolate and a Rilakkuma printed box to Yoona.

“What’s in that box? I noticed that you receive this every day.” Guk Joo asked curiously as she tries to peek through it.

“No, you can’t~ Andwaeyo~ I’ll give you some chocolate later~” Yoona smiled and bowed to Guk Joo before leaving to the worker’s room to rest.

Yoona quickly open the Rilakkuma printed box and smile the moment she saw the content.

 

Smile always. Your smile brings happiness to everyone else, including me! Please enjoy this box of chocolate to your heart content. Good job at work!

 

“Did he forget to include his name again? So funny~”

It’s been a few months since Yoona started receiving cute notes with box of chocolates along with it. She have no clue who is the man that made her day brightens. However, she definitely feels grateful to the person who makes her heart beats fast when she received those things from him.

Yoona had just finished her work for the day and wait for the bus at the bus stop near the café she worked at. Suddenly, someone in a Rilakkuma suit approached her with a box of chocolates and another Rillakuma printed box.

“Huh? What is this?” Yoona ask the Rilakkuma and received no answer.

“Is this for me?” The giant Rilakkuma just nodded at Yoona.

Yoona took the present from the giant Rilakkuma.

“Thank you... Can I know who you are?” The giant Rilakkuma shakes its head.

Yoona did not want to keep on being curious with who is the sender of those notes and gifts. She stood up and walk towards the giant Rilakkuma. Yoona tried to take off the head and failed when the giant Rilakkuma ran away.

“Why did he ran away?” Yoona chuckled and got on the bus when her bus arrived.

        ✳  
                      Hors D’oeuvres 
              ✳  ✳  

“Pabo! Why did you ran away?” Minseok looked down with his hands on his hips at his best friend, Luhan.

“I don’t know~ I feel like it’s not the right time yet~” Luhan sighed at his own stupidity. It sure is hot in that costume, but he lost the chance just now. He was supposed to go up to her and show his real self instead of running away. He regretted his action earlier. If only he is braver and have more courage to just talk to her, face to face.

“That leaves me no choice! We got to stick to the plan! What if someone else come and admits that they are the one who have been doing all those things to her? What if someone else snatches her away?"

“I don’t know… I would probably be sad… I just want to see her smile, her laughs and make her feel happy whenever she feel down. I just want her to be happy.” Luhan smile brightly as he thought of Yoona.

“Well, why do you love her?”

“Minseok ah, I cannot be sure myself whether I love her, like her or just care for her. It’s just that when I feel down, her smile make me feel better. I can’t help it anyway.”

“You really are hopeless, Luhan ah. If you won't try again, I'mma go and tell her you've been stalking her. ”

“I know… All right, I’ll try again tomorrow AND I'M NOT STALKING HER.” Luhan shouted and chase Minsoek who ran away laughing.

        ✳  
                      Hors D’oeuvres 
              ✳  ✳  

Luhan glanced at his watch every now and then. He jumped up and down to ease his feeling of being nervous. He have never done this kind of thing. This could be the first one in his life. He wait and wait until the right time come.

‘What if she thought I’m a ert?’ Luhan thought as he started to panic. He quickly grab the Rilakkuma head which is part of the costume and wear it to cover his face. Luhan feel safer dressing up as Rilakkuma since Minseok said that Yoona love Rilakkuma a lot.

“Thanks for your hard work, Yoona ah.”  Luhan quickly stand up straight.

“Thank you for your hard work today too, Guk Joo noona~”

‘She’s here! She’s here! Oh my goodness! How I wish Minseok’s here with me right now!’ Luhan thought as he frantically moves around in panic.

“Rilakkuma-sshi?”

Luhan immediately stop moving and stood up straight and held the things he prepared carefully.

“You are the Rilakkuma-sshi at the bus stop yesterday right?” Yoona asked again to confirm it, she was worried if she caught the wrong Rilakkuma.

Luhan nodded and held up something for Yoona to read.

[Are you afraid of me?]

Yoona read through the things written on the thick cardboard and shakes her head.

“No, I’m not.”

[Nice to meet you, Yoona-sshi. I am the person who wrote the notes for you and give a box of chocolates every single time.]

 

[I sincerely hope you will not hate me after you find out who I am later. Don’t worry, I am not a bad person.]

“What if you are a ert? Oh my goodness.” Yoona starts to act all worried making Luhan flustered again. He change it to the next one making Yoona laughed upon seeing it.

[I am not a ert either. I am just a normal man.]

“Glad to hear that, Rilakkuma-sshi. So, what is it that you want with me?”

[I hope that every time you smile and laugh the reason is me. Your smile can make me feel better because you are beautiful inside and out.]

Yoona cover up with her right hand as Luhan changes to the next one.

[I may be a stranger to you now, but I want to be more than just someone to you. I love you, Im Yoona. Will you be mine?]

“I… I don’t want to rush things out. Shall we start by getting to know each other, Luhan-sshi?” Yoona smirked as she quickly took off the head of the Rilakkuma costume. Luhan become speechless and showed a shocked expression.

“H—H—How did you know who I am?”

“Does the name Minseok ring a bell?”

Luhan’s facial expression changes into a confused one. How did Minseok’s name even got into their conversation?

“If you are wondering how I know Minseok, I can say that he’s like my own brother or something. I’ll spare the details later. So, why chocolates?” Yoona asks as she took out a handkerchief and wipe away Luhan’s sweaty forehead.

“Umm… It’s because Minseok said that you like them—chocolates.” Luhan looked away trying to hide his reddish-coloured cheeks.

“Minseok’s gonna get it from me later. For your information, Luhan-sshi, I hate chocolates the most.”

Luhan’s mouth open wide as he did not expect Yoona to say that.

“Umm…”Yoona is about to walk towards the bus stop when Luhan pulled her hand.

“What is it?”

“Yoona-sshi, what is your answer to my question. Will you be my girlfriend?”

Yoona chuckles a little before leaning in to Luhan’s cheek and planted a kiss on it.

“Minseok’s right. You’re one silly adorable secret admirer. I don’t hate that.” Yoona starts to walk away to the bus stop with Luhan following beside her.

“Wait, does this mean that you will accept me, Yoona-sshi? So, are we going out? Or are you mad that I gave you things you hate the most? Yoona-sshi?”

‘How can I tell you that you’re the one that makes my heart beat fast? If only you knew you make me feel like having butterflies in my stomach.’  Yoona thought as she laughed looking at Luhan frantic action.

“Geez, pabo~ Am I the kind who would kiss people’s cheek if I don’t love them?” Yoona muttered under her breath before going on the bus that had just arrived. Luhan who somehow heard it starts to blush harder.

“—So, you does this mean you love me too?” Luhan starts to fidget with his finger as Yoona rolled her eyes.

“Come here, you pabo. How did I even fall for this pabo anyway?” Yoona grab Luhan’s hand underneath the costume and get on the bus together.

‘If only Luhan knew I’ve been asking about him from Minseok. I better do something to shut that stupid bun’s mouth.’ 


MyDanbo► Thanks for the wait >w< I sincerely hope the requester will like this story of mine. If not, I sincerely apologize from the bottom of my heart. I've been writing a few different version based on the given prompt and finally I come up with this one. I'm sorry it took so long for you to wait for it ;-; I got busy a little :< Anyway, thank you for sincerely waiting for it. I hope you enjoy it <3 Keep on requesting stories here :D