Replay

Hors D'oevures [Open/Accepting Requests]

Replay

Replay
 

Requested by : baekbaek_xoxo

Written by : slydeer

Baekhyun walked into the billiard hall a little past 9 in the evening, his eyes searching for his friends.

It was not hard to spot them. Oh Sehun dyed his hair rainbow colors again, Park Chanyeol was freakishly tall. He walked to them, grabbing a cue stick on his way.

They exchanged fist bumps and nods. There was a new guy with them, one he recognizes from their classes earlier that day.

“You’re Kim Jongin, right?” Baekhyun asked.

“I prefer to go by Kai.” The dark-skinned guy said. “Nice to meet you.”

They did the man-shake thing and Baekhyun settled on a chair while watching Sehun and Kyungsoo play. By the looks of it, Sehun was about to lose.

“So..” Suho patted him in the back. “Did you see her today?”

“See who?” Kai asked.

“Who else but Baekhyun’s Everywhere Girl?” Chanyeol smirked.

“Everywhere Girl?” Kai chuckled. It is a funny way to call a girl.

“I told you guys not to call her that.” Baekhyun argued.

“If only you ask for her name, we won’t need to.” Sehun chuckled.

Baekhyun groaned. “I’m working on it, okay? In the meantime, can we just call her Pretty Sunbae?”

“But Baek, Everywhere Girl is better. The name explains itself.”  Suho smirked. It’s easy riling up Baekhyun about her crush.

“I’m confused here.” Kai announced.

“Baekhyun hyung is in love with Everywhere Girl.” Sehun made kissing noises. “He sees her everyday. Everywhere. And I mean, everywhere. In the morning on the way to school.”

“During lunch break.” Suho  said.

“After school.” Chanyeol added.

“So?” Kai chuckled. “They go to the same school. It’s only normal.”

“Oh but we’re not done.” Kyungsoo grinned. “Baekhyun plays basketball at the local park with the kids. Guess what?”

“Everywhere Girl is there?” Kai was finally catching up.

“She walks dogs after school. She walks the same path everyday.” Baekhyun explained.

“And then, after Baek’s volunteering project, he works at the café on the street corner. Everywhere Girl studies their everyday. During Baek’s shift.” Suho added.

“Woah. You sure this girl isn’t stalking you around?” Kai asked. “That’s pretty creepy.”

“It’s not like that.” Baekhyun defended Everywhere Girl.

“Dude, only chicks you don’t like are stalkers. I know this one isn’t.” Chanyeol said seriously.

“This girl,” Kyungsoo sighed. “is impossible not to like.”

Sehun nodded eagerly. “Once you see her, you will worship her.”

“I’m not sure I follow. Any picture?” The other boys shook their head. Then Kai said, “describe her then.”

“We’ll try. Words won’t be enough to describe her.” Suho said.

“It’s like this,” Sehun steadied his cue stick beside him. “when she walks past by you, you can’t help but stare. It’s not that she’s asking for attention but it’s actually the opposite. Her simplicity makes her stand out.”

“Long, curly brown hair. With eyes, big like a doe—“

“Wait, are you—“ Kai interrupted but someone interrupted him.

“Let us finish, bro.” Chanyeol glared at the new kid. “As I was saying, eyes big like a doe, lips that are pouty. Oh how it looks so soft.”

“You know she always looks so innocent. Like she has no clue how beautiful she is.” Baekhyun said wistfully. “She cares about animals, hence walking the dogs. Also, she keeps her grades high, which explains studying at the café.”

“She’s perfect.”

Kai had to stifle a laugh. “If you’re all so in love with noo—“ he cleared his throat. “I mean, with this Everywhere Girl then why doesn’t one of you try to talk to her?”

Kyungsoo laughed out loud. Sehun snorted.  Chanyeol rolled his eyes. “No Sherlock. You don’t think we haven’t tried that?”

Baekhyun shook his head. “They all tried. I’m the last man standing.”

“What happened?”

                          ✳  
                      Hors Doeuvres 
              ✳  ✳  

Sehun was the first to explain.

“Go dude! Before the bell rings!” Chanyeol shoved his friend towards the pretty noona.

Sehun breathed slowly before showing up in front of the brown-haired beauty.

“Annyeonghaseyo.” He respectfully greeted. The noona did the same.

“Hi, can I help you?” she asked politely and smiled.

That was it. Sehun’s shining moment. But his knees weakened when she smiled. On his vision, she was shining like the sun, ignoring other people because he only sees her.

The girl’s eyebrow raised slightly as she wait for an answer.

“I.. uh.. saw.. always.. uh.. pretty.. have.. er.. name?”

“I beg your pardon?”

“Wha—“ before he can repeat himself, the bell rang.

“I am so sorry.” Said the doe-eyed goddess. “I have to get to class.”

She ran away from the petrified Sehun. Leaving him like the blabbering idiot he is.

                        ✳  
                      Hors Doeuvres 
              ✳  ✳  

“YOU CHOKED?” Kai bursted out laughing.

“Ya!” Sehun glared. “It’s not that funny!”

“Believe me man,” Kyungsoo tapped him on the shoulder. “It is.”

“Look who’s talking,” Sehun snorted. “At least I went as far as talking.” He faced the new kid. “You see, Do Kyungsoo here has the habit of jogging every Saturday morning. Surprisingly, Everywhere Girl does too.”

                        ✳  
                      Hors Doeuvres 
              ✳  ✳  

Kyungsoo was jogging slowly while changing his music on his MP3 player when he bumped into someone. “So sorry! I wasn’t looking and—“

“No, no! It’s my fault, I wasn’t looking too.” The girl giggled at the awkwardness of the situation.

By the time Kyungsoo was talking, he looked up and noticed that it was Everywhere Girl who was infront of her. He became tongue-tied.

“Are.. are you okay?” She asked.

All Kyungsoo could think about is how angelic she look. He nodded. He kept staring at her, like seeing the beauty in this world for the first time.

The girl was finding it weirder standing in the middle of the park so she said, “Okay then. See you around.”

                        ✳  
                      Hors Doeuvres 
              ✳  ✳  

 

“That is gold!” Kai commented. “I can’t believe you guys! How about Chanyeol-ssi?”

Suho grinned. “Long story short, it was unbelievable when you weren’t there but he did not only choke, he stared at her like a bloody idiot but when she walked away, he puked.”

Kai looked at Chanyeol wide-eyed. Like asking, ‘FOR REAL?!’

Chanyeol could only glare at Suho and looked down. “At least I wasn’t an overly confident who treated her like she has no way of paying her own lunch.”

“Uh-oh. What did you do?” Kai asked Suho.

“I offered to pay her lunch in not the nicest way possible. To be honest, yeah, I wouldn’t give my name to an like me too. Can’t blame her.” Suho shrugged.

Baekhyun was only half-listening to their conversation when Kai noticed it. “So how about you dude? What’s going to be the approach?”

“I don’t know.” He sighed. “I don’t think the right way is to force it to happen. I mean, it’s meant to be when it’s going to be right?”

Sehun barfed. “You sound like a girl.”

“By the time you know her name, she’s going to be with another guy.” Chanyeol said.

Suho nodded. “He’s got a point. A beauty like that won’t stay single for a long time.”

Byun Baekhyun was not hearing it though. “Look guys, I am seriously going crazy over her as it is, I really don’t want to come off as one in front of her too.”

Kai nodded. “That sounds girly, yeah. But true. That’s not going to be the right approach.”

“KIM JONGIN!” a shout from the entrance was heard. 

                        ✳  
                      Hors Doeuvres 
              ✳  ✳  

“This is.” Kai smirked.

The boys went all slack jawed when the girl they were just talking about was approaching them. She stopped in front of the new kid.

“Your first day in town and you’re already missing? Your sister is worried sick!!” Her hands are on her waist as she scold the boy. “We were looking all over town!”

He grinned boyishly and scratched the back of his head. “Mianhe noona~ On the bright side, I made friends.” He made a gesture to the boys who were drooling for his sister’s best friend. “This is my Yuri noona’s best friend. We are currently living with her until we can find a place of our own. Noona, they’re my new friends.”

If they can drop their jaws more they would have, THE NEW KID IS LIVING WITH EVERYWHERE GIRL!

Sensing that his new friends might kill him for not informing them at an earlier time, he planned his exit. “Noona, haaaaaaave you met Baekhyun-ssi?” Kai gently pushed Baekhyun to her. “I have a feeling that you’ll become great friends! Anyway, I’ll go look for Yul noona.”

Everywhere Girl glared at Kai as he left but politely smiled at Baekhyun. “Wait, you’re that basketball guy right? And the café guy?”

“Er yeah. That’s me. I’m Baekhyun.” He offered his hand kind of lamely.

Nevertheless, she accepted. Moreover, she smiled brightly. “Nice to finally formally meet you Baekhyun-ssi. Considering the amount of time we see each other.” Baekhyun smiled shyly. “Anyway, my name is Yoona.”

Yoona. Yoona. Yoona. Yoona.

Finally, a beautiful name to match her beautiful face.The dub ‘Everywhere Girl’ is nowhere match to Yoona.

Baekhyun was right. If it’s meant to happen, it’s going to happen.

 “Can I you back home?” Baekhyun finally asked when Yoona said she have to leave.

Yoona looked into his eyes. A true gentleman, she deduced. “That would be very kind, thank you.”

As they leave the billiard hall, the remaining boys sighed.

“Oh God, noona is so pretty.” Chanyeol said dreamily.

There was a collective sigh as they each thought back to Yoona’s beauty.

                        ✳  
                      Hors Doeuvres 
              ✳  ✳  


"Ready?" Yoona asked as she approached the guy on the basketball jersey.

"Hey." Baekhyun smiled handsomely. "You know you don't have to wait for me right?"

"Honestly, jagi, we have the same destination, might as well reach it together." Yoona smiled and gave her boyfriend a hug. "How can you still smell great after sweating?"

"I'll never tell." Baekhyun teased. "Come on. Let's get you studying for that exam."


Hey hey! slydeer, reporting for duty c: Sorry for the delay but I hope you liked it! Please keep supporting this awesome shop! :)