Just One Day

Hors D'oevures [Open/Accepting Requests]

Just One Day

Just One Day

requested by: moonlight08

written by: michiusa

 

A single orange leaf fell off a tree branch, signaling the start of fall. Seokjin leaned against the grand entrance of SM High. Girls in uniforms passed by giggling, huddling close to gossip of how cute he was. Noticing their stares, Seokjin smiled at them, sending the young girls squealing in fan girl mode. Raising his arm close to his face, he looked at his wrist watch. 4:25PM. She should be done. "Are you from this school?" Someone asked.

Seokjin looked up and found the girls he had smiled at earlier standing in front of him. "Huh, no. I'm from JYP High." He answered while pointing to the logo on his uniform. 

"Ohhh, what year are you in?" "What's your name?" "Are you single?" They bombarded him.

"I'm here-" He began to reply when out of the corner of his eye, he spotted the reason he was in front of this school. A girl with long luscious brown hair wearing a similar uniform as the girls in front of him walked in his direction. He greeted the newcomer with a broad grin who simply walked past him. "Hey! Wait up." Seokjin rushed off to chase after her. 

"Drats, why are the cute ones always taken?" One of the girls asked.

"I think that was Yoona sunbae..." Her friend said. 

"Really?" The girl perked up. "Then it's just like in the fairy tales, a beautiful princess with a handsome prince." She sighed dreamly, her eyes sparkling with hope that she too would one day find her prince charming.

"Hey, wait for me." Seokjin yelled as he chased after Yoona. Thankfully his legs were longer, helping him outrun her. "Didn't you hear me?" He asked when he reached her side.

Yoona puffed her cheeks and turned away. He frowned in concern, had he done something to anger her? He grabbed onto both of her shoulders and spun her around to face him. "What's wrong?"

A scowl marred over her flawless face. She supposed she should tell him... "I heard that you asked a girl out? And flirted with another?" She answered through gritted teeth. "Aren't you quite the Casanova."

"Wh-what?" He sputtered. "Who told you that?" She shot him a dirty look in response. Seokjin cringed. Right, now's the time to ask that. "The only girl I've asked out, mind you I also had to beg her to go out with me, is you. Someone did ask me to go to prom but I told them I'm already taken. And I would never flirt with anyone besides you." 

"What about those girls you were talking to?" She eyed him suspiciously though the stiffness around her frame lessened.  

"They were asking questions, I was answering out of politeness." 

"Oh," She murmured, her defensive walls fastly deteriorating. She hated the fact that she sounded like a possessive girlfriend. She was never like this with other guys she's dated.

Seokjin carefully observed his girlfriend, trying to determine if she was still angry or not. Form her silence, he assumed that she was at least content with his answer otherwise she would have retorted snarky by now. The corners of his mouth curled up in a smile as he watched Yoona sulk with a pout. She was simply too cute for words. Bringing his arms up, he gently patted her cheeks. 

She looked up to him, stunned by his actions. "What was that for?" She said, puffing up her cheeks. Quickly recovering, she returned the favor and slapped him back on the cheeks.

Instead of playfully hitting her back like she had expected, he caught hold of her wrists and pulled her closer so that their foreheads touched. "You're cute when you're jealous." He grinned widely, flashing her his pearly whites. "You should do it more often."

Yoona flustered red at his boyish smile, reminding her of why she liked him in the first place. She had first met him in her family room when Jungkook, her step brother, brought a group of his friends over to play video games. It wasn't love at first sight or the second or the one hundredth time, but she did think he was cute with his chipmunk like cheeks. As he went to her house more often, she found that she liked his carefree nature and his boyish smiles. Each time he grinned it sent butterflies fluttering in her stomach like no other boy could.

"Noona." Jungkook jumped up immediately upon seeing his step sister walking through the door. "Come with me." He said, dragging out the door without waiting for her reply. 

"Kookie ahhh, where are you taking me?"  Yoona asked, trying her best to stay in pace with him. Thankfully, it didn't take long before they reached their destination. She immediately recognized it as the park nearby their house. "What are we doing here?" Jungkook grinned secretively and released her hand, walked away. As a figure approached her, Yoona gasped in shock recognizing the man as Seokjin instantly. "Jin wh-" She started to say but was silenced by his finger on her lip.

"Please just listen." He told her in a serious tone. "Yoona I've liked you for a long time and I know you like me too or at least that's what Jungkook tells me. If you're worried about our age difference then let me prove it to you that I'm good for you and that age is nothing but a number. Just one day, if I can be with you I'll prove to you that I'm the right guy for you. Just one day, if I can be with you I'll shower you with my love. Just one day, if I can be with you I'll hold your hand and never let go. Just one day, let me be your oppa." Out of nowhere, he pulled out a rose and handed it to her. "Please give me a chance."

"I-I," Yoona stuttered, stunned and touched by his confession. No one else had ever gone through that couple. "Okay, I'll give you a day." She replied as she took the rose from his hand.

"Yoona." He called out her name, drawing her back to reality. "Still mad?"

She shook her head. "No, I was just thinking."

"About...?"

"That day you asked me for one day." Yoona replied with a gentle smile. "Which turned out to be more than one day. You're so greedy."

The corners of his mouth tugged into a smug smirk. "What can I say I'm charming."

"Pfffttt whatever." She scoffed, shoving him away with her hand. "You know now that I think about it how can you hold onto my hand and never let go if I gave you just a day."

"Doesn't really matter since I got you more than one day." Interlacing their hands together, he pecked the back of her hand. "I'll be your oppa and never let go."


Michi's Corner: Hahaha so cheesy. Hope you like this Moonlight~ FYI because of you I have found a love for BTS. T.T Now I can't stop thinking about Jungkookie. Anyway enjoy