SNOW QUEEN

I: FROZEN HEARTS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You could say I could slightly be a deep sleeper – no matter how loud the noises around me are, I won't flinch from my sleeping position – minus the part where I could only be roused from sleep when you move me or touch me by any means.

The situation I was in now was no different.

The instant I felt something move from underneath my head, I woke up immediately.

By the time I realized that someone managed to sneak beside me and slowly move my sling bag – the one I had used as a pillow and the one that carried my necessities – and take it by the strap. However, before the culprit could even get away and take my belongings with him – okay, so now that I look at it, it is a HE and yes, he is one of the many beggars who stays along the subway – I won't go down without a fight.

We were now stuck at a serious round of tug-of-war.

Either I let go and he gets away with my stuff or I go down, get beat up or harmed and he would still end up getting what he wants from me – but I'm not as weak as I look. I might look frail, fragile and breakable, but in reality, I'm far from that.

Just when he was about to land a punch on me, I closed my eyes, shutting them tight and waited for the painful collision of skin against skin...but nothing ever came. I still held my bag tightly and there was still a force trying to pull it away, so it means he's still there, but the question is why?

Wanting to find out the answer to my question, I forced my eyes to open and just got one of the biggest surprises in my life ever.

Him again? I found myself frowning at the identity of my supposed 'savior' instead of the fact that I almost got robbed in my sleep. What

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter