SNOW QUEEN

I: FROZEN HEARTS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I laid back on the bed.

I wanted to be devoid of all doubts and feelings right now.

I just wished to be blank for awhile.

For my mind mind to clear itself out so that I could think.

I felt my eyelids droop down and were about to kiss themselves together and bring me to sleep, but the sound of my phone buzzing alive woke me up.

Unknown Number Calling . . .

The moment I realized what the call signified, I wasted not another second and accepted the call.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Good evening. May I please speak to Miss Yoo InHyeong? I'd like to talk about her application for the house. This is the landlady of the house, by the way.”

When the weight of the phone call dawned upon me, I sat up and cleared my throat, willing myself to speak.

“Yes? This is Yoo InHyeong. What about the house?”

“Oh Yoo InHyeong-sshi, I'd be very pleased to inform you that there are no other applicants for the rent besides you in this given span of time other than you. Granted that I had noted the specification about you opting for the monthly payment method and also about your current financial status, I had mulled over it and decided that it'd be better to just sell you the house rather than leave it along the market when obviously no one would be interested in it.”

I was relieved.

Finally, one thing is slashed off the list of the to-do things.

“You would take it, right Yoo InHyeong-sshi?”

I kept my breath steady and muttered out my reply.

“Yes Madam Lee. I'll be taking the house. Can I move into it on the 31st of December?”

“Yes you may. Actually, the house is ready by now. I took down all the ads I had put up for the house and had it cleared off of the stuff.”

“Thank you Madam Lee.”

“Thanks for doing business with me as well, Miss Yoo.”

Then the call ended.

I got the house down.

Next would be the job.

And I know I'd do well in the interview tomorrow.

You're doing well, Yoo InHyeong.

You can do this.

Walk out of this life, out of that door.

You can leave everything behind and start anew, just like you always do at the end of every deal.

Because when you look at it well, this was all just a deal.

And you better keep your part of that.

The stabbing twinge of loss started to seep into me again.

Leaving this place would mean that I would abandon everything that stayed here as well.

It meant that I would take nothing but what I own, I was owed and what I deserved to take.

So it also means that the moment you step out of that door on the 31st, you'd have to leave everything that isn't meant for you behind.

Every heartbeat meant for that person.

Every pulse that skipped at the thought of that person.

Not even a miniscule grain must remain.

Then I threw myself back, lying once more on the bed.

Tomorrow would mark down another day off the calendar.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter