SNOW QUEEN

I: FROZEN HEARTS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Applicant No. 26? Oh, there you are, Yoo InHyeong-sshi. You're up now.”

I heard the assigned secretary call my name and number. Gathering enough confidence and control, I stood up and followed her as she led me towards the interview room.

“May I go in now?”

I asked, inquiring before entering the room directly.

“Sure. The CEO will the one asking most of the questions. You'll also me informed of the company protocol regarding the job you're applying for.”

“Thanks. I'll go ahead now.”

I reached for the knob and entered the door, my eyes cast downwards before raising my line of sight upwards to see the panel who'd be interviewing me.

However, as my eyes scanned the faces of the people in the room, I froze particularly as my gaze met that person's.

It can't be. Could he be working here? Is he one of the bosses?

“Good morning Applicant No. 26. Miss Yoo InHyeong, right?”

I gulped, swallowing down the lump of unease that only got its way in me when I saw him in this room.

Not now, Yoo InHyeong.

You have to finish this job interview.

You can't be this distracted only because of him.

“Yes, SooMan-sajangnim.”

“Okay, take your seat and let's begin this interview.”

I still had my eyes locked with his and as if to cut through the contact, the Big Boss spoke to make his presence known to me.

He dropped the biggest bomb that made everything inside me crash and burn.

“Oh and that's one of my boys from the boy band EXO, Xiumin. Son, greet our new interviewee.”

That person bowed awkwardly before I snapped my head to the front, willing myself to focus on nothing else but the panel.

Yoo InHyeong, who fooled who, huh?

-

All the while the CEO asked me his questions, I responded well, the speeches I have prepared earlier perfectly spilling out of my mouth without any trace of anxiety or unease.

So far, the perfect facade I had been pulling so well was fooling everyone else.

All but that one person.

The entire time, although looking at me through a normal person's eye, I was doing overly well – heck, even I could tell that I stood a chance to passing this interview.

But way past all that, that certain person knew better.

And all along, I could feel his stare never leave me.

It was as if he expected and willed me to look at him and meet his eyes for some confirmation or whatever.

However, Yoo InHyeong is stubborn.

You're the Snow Queen remember?

Bring that skin out in the open.

That's what you're good at.

Why can't you bar your feelings away for now?

Fix your thoughts and organize yourself, Yoo InHyeong.

This can't go on – You being so hung up and helpless.

Even if I was thoroughly pissed with myself, I was also quite impressed. I still managed to go through the interview unfazed externally despite the turmoil that's getting worse by the second inside.

In a few seconds, this damned interview would come to an end.

And then what?

What would you do next?

I really don't know.

I can't even clear out my mind for a proper reaction to this one.

How can I decide on what to do next?

“Thank you for the interview, Miss Yoo. We'll just ring you up and inform you of the results a week or so.”

I stood up, mustering all the strength I have left to give out a courteous bow and a polite greeting.

“Thank you for your time as well, for considering my job application.”

What's this, Yoo InHyeong?

What the heck are you letting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter