ICE KING

I: FROZEN HEARTS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I sat there on my seat even after I watched how she left the room.

Something in me screamed at my limbs and feet to run after her and make sure she won't be going anywhere.

For a point back there, I almost thought I was way too strung up and caught in my feelings for her.

However, despite my constant denial, the painful and anxious tugging inside me went on.

It was as if the feeling started and only got worse by the second as soon as my entire system saw her slip through the door and disappear out of my sight.

It was as if the sight alone made me want to tear out my eyes and shake the scene away.

I wanted to go and run for her.

But I couldn't move.

It was as if every muscle, every cell, every vein and every bone in me resisted any motion according to my whim.

The Ice King was rendered immobile and helpless by the Snow Queen.

A sudden bittersweet thought crossed my mind as my thoughts wandered back to her.

Since when did she even get so much power and control over me?

I really didn't know the weight and consequences of my feelings up until now.

Who knew this emotion would be this deep given such a short span of time?

Snow Queen, just how much more can you take from me?

You took away m mind.

You took away my heart.

And now, you're taking away my senses with you the moment you passed that door.

Am I that pitiful already?

Such a hopeless fool drowned in my feelings for one woman that I can't even make sense of what I should do right now?

Then I felt a tap on my shoulder. When I looked up, I saw Manager-hyung's face.

“Time to go to work, Xiumin-ah.”

After bidding the big bosses and the CEO goodbye, I went to work with hyung.

And mind you, ever hour with the feeling eating me inside and out wasn't helping at all.

-

I was sitting on the chair across the portable dresser that my personal stylist set up for this photoshoot.

All the while she was fixing my face up, styling my hair and smoothing out my clothes, I sat still, planting my eyes on my reflection.

Don't worry, Kim MinSeok.

You'll be seeing her later.

You'll be seeing your Snow Queen when you get home.

She won't be leaving you, Kim MinSeok.

She'll try to understand why Xiumin did that.

She won't leave you alone.

I had been messing up half of the entire time and thankfully, the photographer and the rest of the staff were patient enough to carry on despite my obvious lack of anticipation and seriousness.

The very same thoughts, the same self-encouraging and self-placating words ran through me as if I was speaking to myself like I was trying to tame down the tantrum-throwing part of me that was constantly up on a high.

I hated it.

Sitting like this, acting as if the thought of her leaving, the recalling of her expression and the sight of her departure from earlier made me hate myself more.

Kim MinSeok was ruling out the rational and ruthless Xiumin.

I was letting someone see through me, break my walls and leave my defenseless self bare for her.

Yet now, what's left of me?

After she found out the false persona of a normal citizen I had been sporting on, do you actually think she'd be that foolish to still stay?

I knew the true and correct answer but I wanted to deny it, prolong the question some more.

You're scared to be left alone again.

But the moment you kept the truth all about yourself from her, the moment you made up another fake mask and armor specially made only around her . . .

. . . You should've known.

Even the Snow Queen can't stand the greatest coward hiding behind all the layers of fake skin.

Not even your Snow Queen, Yoo InHyeong.

You're bound to be alone again Ice King.

-

By the time we had finished my schedule for the entire day, it was already 9:30pm.

After I changed back to the clothes I wore before the photoshoot and the CF filming, I gave my apologies and left my greetings to the people who worked with me.

Then I turned to hyung and asked if I could have myself excused and if I could retire back to my vacation. When I got the affirmation I needed, I wasted no time and hailed the very first cab I could find.

-

However, as soon as I stepped out of cab a strong wave of emotions hit me.

It was as though the house stood there on the ground, taunting me of the potential emptiness that would greet me as soon as I make my way in.

But I wanted to be hopeful, to be foolish and a bit more stupid.

I wanted to hold onto the last thin and weak string of faith that told me she could still be around.

I stepped towards the door and heard a small crunch as my foot came in contact with something on the concrete.

Bending down, picked up the keychain that held the keys to the gate and to the house.

To say my heart dropped would be such a cliché understatement.

What I felt right then and there as soon as the realization crashed into me, breaking all the false pretenses I had kept up for myself throughout the day was way worse in a lot of ways.

She left.

She left me.

She left you, Kim MinSeok.

Right then and there, it was as if I suddenly lost my sense of touch.

It was freezing moments ago, but now, I felt close to nothing.

As if I had shut down and stopped functioning properly when I realized the things tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter