ICE KING

I: FROZEN HEARTS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

By the time I reached the fifth block from the playground, ten blocks away from my house, I have realized how much time had lapsed already.

11:45pm.

It's that late already?

Then I pulled out something from my pockets, out in the open, for me to remind myself that I wasn't just having a wild ghost chase. That I was actually searching for someone.

I watched, as the crystal snowflake embedded on the round plate glittered under the lights.

I flipped the silver disk pendant over, re-reading the inscriptions engraved on its surface.

Yoo InHyeong

December 25, 1992

Stuffing it back, snuggled warm and safe within my pockets, I can't help but let my mind wander back to the person who owns this piece of jewelry.

It wasn't in my nature to feel bad about and for others.

Most especially someone who just rejected my friendly offer, hit me with a bag, caused me a few light wounds and left me alone in a playground.

But this time around, I knew it.

The Snow Queen – Yoo InHyeong – she's different.

In what way? That...i still don't know of. But I'm sure it's something big and good. To that extent to even cause me to waste the time I should've been using to sleep my lazy off.

I crossed the street, tightening the scarf around my neck and face, hoping it's cause me more heat. By this time, there won't be that much people around the convenience store so why not grab a small bite before I go on?

I entered the convenience store, which could be good as empty, save for the cashier, the stacks and aisle of supply, the fridges filled with ice cream and drinks and me, I put myself

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter