SNOW QUEEN

I: FROZEN HEARTS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I have finally arrived, just a step away from the battlefield, the chessboard with no other pieces but him and me.

I waited, my bags and luggage stood on both sides of me while I reached out and pressed the doorbell.

A few seconds later, the door opened up, revealing that guy.

“Come in, InHyeong-sshi.”

He opened the door wider before stepping out of the house and taking his place beside me, taking my bags and taking them somewhere within the house.

I had no choice but to follow suit after closing the door after he entered and disappeared to the living room – I realized as I followed him inside – that was well-furnished and looked after really well.

“Nice to meet you again, InHyeong-sshi. What exactly did you come here for?”

He welcomed me to his home, motioning for me to take my seat on the couch across his. I followed as told, keeping my motives hidden deep down while my face was totally barren of any form of emotion.

“I wanted to talk to you about how I could free myself of my obligations towards you.”

I sat still, eyeing him who sat across me, unfazed by my words and actions.

Act as if you can read me like an open book, but I'm a Pandora's Box you'll never be able to crack open.

I thought, inwardly strengthening my plans and reining in my anger and frustration.

“Didn't you hear my words earlier, InHyeong-sshi? I had originally meant for things to go this way. And besides, it's not like it's a win-loss situation for us.”

He finally cut through the silence, reminding me of the implied conditions for me to rid of my debts.

Damn it. Why do I even have to be a woman of high pride?

I mentally frowned before I felt myself counter that thought instantly.

It's the only thing you could be rich at, besides the bad luck you carry along.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter