SNOW QUEEN

I: FROZEN HEARTS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Snow Queen.

That’s what the kids around the neighborhood call me.

Even if I have a name, the only connection I have left to me by the couple who had procreated to have me – Yoo InHyeong.

My birth name isn't that bad.

I could say so myself, and yet the kids still prefer the stupid nickname.

Everytime I pass by the playground, the children whisper and snicker about me, using the nickname or title they had fashioned me with.

“Look, it’s the Snow Queen! Come on guys!”

“The Snow Queen! Wah, I can’t believe it. She does look like one!”

“Her skin is really pale. Just like snow! Is she even human?”

I huffed, puffs of white coming out from my mouth caused by the intense drop of the temperature. So much for clearing out that stupid, childish nickname. I bit my lip in frustration, fumbling with the keys to my home – the typical, shabby house rental in the urban area. When I got in, I immediately locked the door and took my outdoor clothing off, hanging them by the rack.

The world outside is too cold to be real. Oh well, it's winter season after all. You've nothing to do but just accept the fact that you'd be shivering all throughout, even with all the clothing on. Then my eyes zeroed upon the cheap calendar that I stuck on the fridge door.

December 1, 2013.

Today is the first day of the last month of the year.

Twenty-four more days before the 18th year of my existence marks my lifetime calendar.

Twenty-four more days before the 18th anniversary of me commemorating how my parents – whoever and wherever they were right now; bless their souls for being such responsible idiots – left me to the orphanage to fend for myself.

But anyways, it's not entirely their fault if they were the ever-so-fortunate ones to have me as their daughter.

As cliché as it might sound, let's all blame most of it to Good 'Ol Fate for being such a bad matchmaker, a horrible cupid and a shallow decision-maker.

Enough about that. That's about how much I'd never wanna remind myself that I was created by such heartless monsters. I wouldn't even acknowledge them even if they'd ask for my help. Never. Call me heartless and unfilial but I could care less.

They never even cared – not even just that tiny bit about how their little unwanted spawn would have been doing after their abandonment – and if ever, just a little foresight of how things would be if ever they'd come for me, ask for my help: I'd push them away – just like how they did to me.

Life isn't and won't ever be fair.

Karma's a .

Payback's a pit of crap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter