The Truth

Individuality
"Because...I love you, Yixing" said Yifan quickly, his eyes avoiding Yixing's stern, intense gaze.
 
"Yifan, I know I am your only brother. I know you love me. But brotherly love is not something that should be getting in the way of my happiness with Luhan."
 
"Yixing...I-I," stuttered Yifan, something odd for the normally cocky and confident young man. In the end, he gave up trying to explain himself and with a heavy sigh got up from his seat across from Yixing.
 
"Forget it. Just know I tried to help," replied Yifan as he left a confused Yixing, the door clicking closed behind him.
 
Yixing huffed and went to his bathroom to get ready to sleep. Today was too much for his mind to process completely. He had foolishly kissed Luhan on the cheek and now his brother is upset with him. He was so confused in his brother's behavior. When Yifan had said he loved him, the elder's eyes had shone with something much too intimate for brotherly love. It bothered the young Chinese man but he simply pushed it away. He knew it was nothing to worry with. Happy with his decision to let it go, Yixing changed quickly and slipped into his bed. His last thought was how beautiful Luhan's eyes were when he smiled that perfect smile of his. Yixing woke the following morning to insistent banging on his door. The door was almost ripped off the hinges as a man around sixty years of age came charging into Yixing's room like a bull in an arena.
 
"Yixing! What the ing hell is this," yelled the man as he threw a set of photos at the startled man in the bed. Wiping the sleep from his eyes, Yixing snatched up the photos and looked at them with tired eyes. Immediately, he recognized himself leaving Luhan's house in one photo. Another showed him entering Luhan's house. Another showed him leaving the restroom with Luhan following a few minutes later. The last was of him staring at the other with a fond smile.
 
"Mr. Wu. What are you implying," asked the startled boy as he sat up in bed completely, the photos shaking in his hands.
 
"Yixing. Yifan already told me everything. How could you disgrace this family? How could you disgrace your father and mother? I thought you were better than this behavior," yelled the man furiously, pacing back and forth as he processed it all; his son had not lied to him it seemed.
 
"What did he tell you?"
 
"He told me about how you have been sleeping around with this poor boy! He even said you hurt him and blackmailed him! Yixing, I thought you were different than this? I thought I didn't have to keep someone watching you like I do Yifan."
 
"Mr. Wu! That is not how it is!"
 
"Enough! Yixing, you either stop seeing this boy or you leave. I will not have any more disgraces to this family name! I thought I made that clear with Yifan," yelled Mr. Wu as he glared at his youngest son.
 
"D-dad! It is not like that! Don't believe Yifan!"
 
"How can I not believe him when I see things like you sneaking around? I saw you leave late last week! Yixing, I will not have a homoual in my home!"
 
"So this isn't about me sneaking around? You don't want me because I am gay," yelled Yixing furious as he got up, coming to face his adoptive father.
 
"The heir of Wu Brothers Oil will not be gay!"
 
"Well, I am not the heir so who cares?! Yifan is the heir! I am just the adopted one! You never liked me!"
 
"You better shut your mouth, young man," warned Mr. Wu with a stern look and raised finger in the other's face.
 
"It is true! You never cared for me! Mother favored me while you favored Yifan! You only adopted me because of mother!"
 
"I adopted you because I had no choice! "You had a choice! You could have just let me rot in the orphanage!" "Your mother would never forgive me!" "Well, why not?"
 
"Because you are her only son," yelled Mr. Wu as he let out a sigh.
 
"What do you mean," questioned a confused Yixing as he set back from his father's space.
 
"Your dad had an affair, Yixing. She is your real mom. She couldn't see her child go to the orphanage," explained the old man. Yixing sank to sit on the bed, his mind trying to process this information. His dad had an affair? But he was only a few months younger than Yifan?
 
"What about Yifan?"
 
"Yifan is the adopted as well. We adopted him from an orphanage around the time you were born. Mother wanted to keep you but your father wanted you more. I adopted Yifan so she could have a son. In the end, she got both of you," explained the elder man with a sigh as he sat beside Yixing. Taking in the information, Yixing rested his face in his hands. "Is this true, father," asked a deep voice from the door. Yifan stood with tears in his eyes; he had heard the yelling and went to investigate, finding his father scolding Yixing like he had expected. Shock was in every ounce of his body, just like Yixing who sat crying on the bed. He was adopted, too?
 
"Yifan, go to your room. We will talk soon. Let me finish with your brother," addressed Mr. Wu as he rose.
 
"No, go ahead. There is nothing to finish," said Yixing as he quickly got up, walking over to his closet. He grabbed some clothes and threw them in a bag. "Yixing, do not be rash," pleaded his father "Just let me go," said Yixing as he gathered his car keys and wallet, leaving the duo quickly."Yixing!" "Yixing, let's talk about this!" Said man ignored the yells following him down the stairs and continued to his car. The boy threw his bags into the backseat and climbed in. The young Chinese man drove quickly in an unknown direction, just anything but home. He drove around for a little while; eventually, he ended up in a park near Luhan's house. Thinking of the other, he called said man.
 
"Hello," answered a sleepy voice with a yawn following suit.
 
"Hey. It's Yixing," said the man with a smile.
 
"Oh. Why are you calling me so early," whined the boy.
 
"Can you meet me somewhere right now?"
 
"S-sure. Where are you?"
 
"The park a block from your house. I will be in my car. C-come quickly please," answered Yixing, his voice cracking due to the invisible grasp on his throat as tears threatened to spill.
 
"I will be there in a few."
 
"OK. Bye," said the boy as the other hung up. Yixing sat back in his seat and waited. He checked the time on his phone to notice it was only a little past eight. That explained why Luhan was grumpy and the sun sat low in the sky. A few minutes pasted with Yixing trying not to cry as people passed his car either running or walking on the black track tat ran around the perimeter of the park. Luhan came twenty minutes later with wet hair and food for the pair.
 
"I made it since Seoyoung is still asleep. We have an hour. So why are you hiding in your car," asked Luhan as he gave Yixing his breakfast and began sipping his coffee that he had brought.
 
"My father found out about you. But in the worse way," admits Yixing after a few minutes of silence.
 
"What do you mean," asked confused Luhan as he sat his drink down, giving his full attention to the elder.
 
"I mean, he said I was backing mailing you to sleep with me. That I am like Yifan," clarified Yixing with a sigh as he rested is head back against the head rest; he could not think of eating with all his emotions in turmoil.
 
"Oh...That is bad. I am guessing Yifan did it."
 
"Yep. Because he loves me," chuckled the elder as he closed his eyes.
 
"What kind of brotherly love is this? You look like you're about to cry. It's OK, Yixing. We can just separate. No harm done," said Luhan lightheartedly even though all he wanted to do was hug the other man and tell him never to leave.
 
"That is for another reason. Apparently, I am the result of an affair," said Yixing softly.
 
"What?"
 
"My adopted mom is apparently my real mom. That's why they adopted me in the fist place. She couldn't see me go to an orphanage. My dead dad had an affair with her," explained Yixing as he felt tears slip down his cheeks. Luhan resisted the urge to wipe them away and failed. Yixing raised his face to look at Luhan, startled at the sudden touch. Luhan had tears in his eyes as well, his heart breaking at the sight of the other crying.
 
"I'm sorry you found out because of me," whispered Luhan, cupping Yixing's face tenderly.
 
"I'm sorry for liking you. So we are even," confessed Yixing with a slight blush.
 
"Y-y-you like m-me," stuttered Luhan in complete shock, his hand stilling. Yixing just nodded and gave the other a small smile, his tears no longer falling in rivets against his cheeks. Luhan blushed and withdrew his hand only to be clasped by the other's.
 
"Even though this is probably going to result you in more bodily harm, will you please learn to love me," asked Yixing softly, his eyes pleading with Luhan to give him a chance. Luhan looked at their intertwined hands and gave a slight nod after a while, avoiding eye contact because those eyes held too much emotion. Yixing smiled and raised a hand to Luhan's face, lifting his chin so they could look into each other's eyes properly.
 
"You are so beautiful," whispered Yixing as he lightly the other's pale cheek. Luhan blushed crimson and gazed into the elder's eyes. The elder Chinese man placed his lips against Luhan's soft delicate pink ones. The kiss was sweet and short, just a soft press of lips that left them both breathless nonetheless due to the incredible feeling coursing through their bodies. Yixing's kiss had an effect on Luhan's body unlike Junmyeon's. Luhan could feel his heart beating like a hummingbird's. Luhan leaned over and placed another on Yixing's lips, surprising himself and the other. This kiss was longer but still perfect. Yixing was the one to pull away in a smile.
 
"I never thought you would kiss me," admitted Yixing as he kept his face close to Luhan's, his forehead leaning on Luhan's. Said man's cheeks turned even more red from embarrassment.
 
"I didn't either honestly." Yixing gave a small chuckle and leaned away to sit properly in his seat. For a little while the two sat in silence.
 
"Yifan is adopted," blurted Yixing as he looked into the park, watching a woman trying to catch her dog from running into a pond.
 
"What," questioned a shock Luhan.
 
"Yifan is adopted. They adopted him because my mother wanted her own son."
 
"Does he know?"
 
"Yes. He heard father telling me. I got upset and left. That's why I am here," explained Yixing as he looked over at Luhan with a sad smile.
 
"Where are you going to go," asked Luhan as he began to eat his breakfast, no longer denying his body the food it was craving for.
 
"I might stay with Jongin for a few days. I have to go back eventually. Just not right now."
 
 
"Y-y-you could stay with me a few days. Mother is going to be in Japan for a few days. Father comes home late so he won't see you. Seoyoung will be quiet about it. I mean, I would like for you to stay with me," said Luhan softly, a blush covering his cheeks for the thousandth time that morning. Yixing smiled brightly at the blushing boy.
 
"You are quite adorable with a blush on you cheeks," admitted Yixing, making the other blush harder. "I would love to stay with you," said Yixing finally making the other raise his head.
 
"Really," asked a very happy Luhan.
 
"Yep."
 
"OK...My dad should be going to work right about now," said Luhan after checking the time. "OK. Lets go," said Yixing as he turned the car on and drove towards Luhan's house. 
 
A/N: I hope this wasn't terrible! I want to thank everyone for their support in this story! I love all of the comments! Please continue to love this story! It is halfway done it seems...I am expecting around 18 to 20 chapters. So please look forward to it!