Surprise

Individuality

As usual, Xiao Luhan was looking around every corner and every direction to avoid Death Strike. Luhan knew Yifan would not be happy that he told Yixing the truth and was terrified of what the elder would do to him. Luhan was heading to lunch when he saw Kyungsoo slip around a corner, the younger looking over his shoulder. Confused by the other's odd behavior, Luhan cautiously followed the boy. Baekhyun was known to skip but Kyungsoo? The boy was blunt but not the kind of person to sneak around the school during lunch period. Luhan watched around a corner as Kyungsoo stopped, looking all around to make sure he was not being followed. Not seeing Luhan creeping around the corner, Kyungsoo quickly entered an empty classroom, the door shutting behind him with a click. Deeming it safe after a few minutes, Luhan slowly went to the door to peek through the square window in the door. Utterly shocked by what he saw, Luhan tried to hold in his gasp.

Kyungsoo was on one of the student's desks with his hands all over a male with dark brown hair. As Luhan looked closer he noticed the two kissing passionately, Kyungsoo's legs wrapped around the black skinny jean clad hips of lithe male between his legs and hands raking through styled hair. Wait a minute, Kyungsoo was gay? He younger never spoke a word about his uality nor relationships. It completely puzzled Luhan, and he knew Junmyeon would need to be told. Luhan watched a little more before quickly backing away; he dare not be caught in this situation. Luhan quickly scurried to the tree, his pace too quick to be calm. As soon as Junmyeon saw the state of his best friend, he leaped to his feet. 

"What's wrong? Is it Yifan? Death Strike?"

"No. Come with me," replied Luhan as he quickly led Junmyeon to the arts building, leaving the others baffled by the Chinese male. As soon as Luhan entered their normal room, he sat on the ground for he was close to pacing the entire room.

"LuLu, what's wrong," asked Junmyeon scared as he shut the door after himself, a little unnerved at the behavior of his best friend.

"Did you know Kyungsoo is gay," asked Luhan quickly as he looked at Junmyeon. This took Junmyeon by shock.

"What?"

"Kyungsoo. The blunt kid that could kill someone with a look. I just saw him in the math and science building kissing a boy. And I recognized that boy," replied Luhan with wide eyes of shock.

"Who was he kissing," asked Junmyeon, shocked as well by the news.

"Jongin. Kim Jongin from Death Strike." Junmyeon sat beside Luhan in utter surprise. 

"Are you sure," questioned Junmyeon.

"Yes. I am positive. I saw him this morning, and he is wearing a red shirt with black skinnys, blue chucks on his feet. Unless someone is tan as him and dressed that way, it is him. By the looks of it, they have been dating for a while. Jongin is Yixing's friend. He told Yixing that he has been seeing someone for over a year behind Yifan's back," informed Luhan in his calmest manner. Junmyeon let out a large breath in frustration.

"Are you going to tell Yixing?"

"I have to. Plus, he will drill it out of me. I have zero ability in hiding my thoughts. How do you think he found out about Yifan," chuckled Luhan lightly, trying to lighten the tense mood. Junmyeon smiled as the other's demeanor changed into a brighter one, a smile placed on the pale face.

"You love him. Don't you," inquired Junmyeon, his heart no longer hurting due to rejection. He was honestly happy for his best friend. Sure, some feelings still lingered but they were not bitter.

"I do. I know I shouldn't. I barely know him, and it had only been a month. But all the difficulties have brought us closer. These past three days I have had with have been incredible for us. Even with the endless drama. I want to make it work...but my parents are more important than silly love life," declared Luhan sadly, his hands fidgeting.

"I'm sorry, LuLu," said the young Korean sympathetically.

"It's not your fault...I guess it wasn't meant to happen," sighed Luhan before he got up, offering a hand to Junmyeon. Junmyeon gave a soft smile and pulled himself up with Luhan's help.

"We better get back to the others. And don't talk to Kyungsoo about this until I talk to Yixing tonight. Please," pleaded Luhan as he opened the door for the other.

"Fine. Call me tonight. We can discuss you moving then," replied Junmyeon as he followed Luhan down the hall and out the door to the tree. As suspected, the others gave them odd looks and glances.

"Why must you two always run off to talk and leave us in the dark," questioned a mildly upset Baekhyun as he stabbed his food with a fork. Luhan gave an apologetic smile at the adorable boy.

"I'm sorry, Baekhyun. You guys will know eventually. Just not now," replied Luhan as he began eating the his lunch quickly before the bell rang. Luhan had barely finished his meal when the bell rang, signalling the end of the lunch period. Junmyeon walked with Luhan to their class. Luhan noticed Kyungsoo walking down the hall a few feet from them. Luhan nudged Junmyeon and motioned to the disheveled teenager. Junmyeon noticed the elder as well, slightly confused as to why the other looked so ruffled.

"Did you say you only saw them kiss," asked Junmyeon.

"Yep."

"Well, looks like it was intense. I have never seen that kid so..."

"Ravaged," input Luhan with a wicked smirk. Junmyeon blushed at the other's choice of words but nodded all the same. The two quickly made it to their class. Luhan tried to pay attention and succeeded at first. However, the nagging thought of blunt Kyungsoo dating scary Jongin kept coming back. Luhan did not really hate or detest Jongin. After all, he was Yixing's friend. But he was a member of Death Strike. Honestly, the guy scared Luhan with his fierce eyes and cruel smirk. How could be dating quiet Kyungsoo? Kyungsoo was blunt but he was also caring. The two just seemed like an unlikely pair in Luhan's opinion. Seeing as Luhan was being too motionless to be paying attention, Junmyeon looked over and noticed Luhan zoning out. He gave the elder a slight tap to bring him back to the present and a slight smile to reassure him. Luhan gave an apologetic smile in return and focused on his lessons for the day. He would just wait and talk about it with Yixing.

And wait he did. As soon as Luhan saw Yixing at the gate, he pulled him to the car, the elder Chinese man seriously confused. He motioned for Yixing to get in. Following orders, Yixing slipped into his seat.

"Jongin is dating Kyungsoo," blurted Luhan as soon as the doors were closed and locked. Yixing gave him a confused look.

"What?"

"Your friend Jongin is dating my friend Kyungsoo," answered Luhan slowly this time. "Are you serious? That kid who is more blunt than dull knife," questioned Yixing in disbelief. Luhan nodded quickly at his boyfriend.

"How do you know," asked Yixing skeptically.

"I saw Kyungsoo sneaking around corners so I got curious and followed him. Turns out it was to go make out with Jongin. And maybe a little more. Me and Junmyeon saw him after lunch period all ravaged." Yixing leaned back in his seat, giving a small chuckle.

"I can't believe Jongin is dating a guy. I really thought he was with some woman. Wow," mused Yixing with a smile.

"Do you understand this? Jongin not only has been seeing someone behind Yifan's back but he is also seeing a GUY. Jongin is gay. That is why he did not tell anyone. Yifan would not approve," said Luhan as he watched his boyfriend. "So what do we do?" "I don't know. I really don't," sighed Luhan softly. Luhan leaned back in his seat before looking at the time.

"We better get home. My parents are expecting me." Yixing nodded and put the car in drive. The couple soon arrived at Luhan's house. Luhan led his boyfriend through the door and was greeted by Seoyoung.

"Hello, Master Luhan. Your parents are waiting for you in the dining room," informed Seoyoung with a bow at the couple. When she came back up, she gave a soft smile.

"Good luck," whispered the care giver before slipping into the kitchen. Hoping to get this whole thing over, Luhan huffed and reluctantly led Yixing to the dining room to meet his parents.  Luhan's mother was sitting across from her husband at the table, newspapers in hand. The both did not notice that Luhan was home so he gave an awkward cough to bring their attention to the couple. 

"Mother, I want you to meet someone," said Luhan slowly, his hands fidgeting behind him. The addressed couple looked up to give their son their complete attention finally.

"Oh, who is this," asked Luhan's mother nicely, a smile upon her angelic face.

"This is Wu Yixing," replied Luhan with a smile of his own, glad his mother was in a good mood.

"That is the boy I mentioned earlier, dear," commented Mister Xiao with a smile of his own.

"Oh! How lovely to meet you, Mister Wu. You look very much like your mother. Such a lovely woman. I actually just came back from a business trip with her. Such a kind woman," mused Madam Xiao. Luhan gave a relieved sigh that this is going so well.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, as well. Thank you for such lovely comments about my mother," replied Yixing with a polite bow.

"Such lovely manners. Please do sit. Seoyoung shall have dinner ready soon," said Luhan's mother as she sat aside her papers.

"Thank you," said Yixing as he sat with Luhan next to him.

"So, I hear you have been staying with us for a while," said Madam Xiao.

"Ah, yes. I was under a lot of stress at home so Luhan offered for me to stay here. Sorry for intruding," replied Yixing with a bow of his head and a charming smile, his dimple showing.

"Oh nonsense! It is perfectly fine. I am glad Luhan has a friend around." Now or never thought Luhan. He was never one for subtle anyways.

"Yeah...About that. Yixing isn't just my friend. He is my boyfriend," said Luhan slowly, his nerves increasing steadily as the seconds passed in silence. Yixing had reached over under the table to take his fidgeting hand, scrutinizing the astonished looks on the Xiaos' faces.

"W-what," stuttered Madam Xiao, her already large eyes getting bigger.

"I-I am gay. Yixing is my boyfriend," replied Luhan softly as his grip on Yixing's soft but callused hand tightened.

"Luhan, dear. We know you are gay," said Madam Xiao finally, the words finally sinking into her brain. In complete disbelief at his mother's words, Luhan looked up startled like a deer in the headlights.

"How did you know?"

"We always figured you were since you were little. You watched the neighbor boy too closely to be straight. We don't care if you are gay. We just want you happy," answered Mrs. Xiao with a wide smile.

"He is a wonderful young man, Luhan. I am happy for you both," added Mister Xiao with a genuine smile of his own. Luhan felt relief enter is bones, and he smiled back in appreciation.

"Thank you."

"You are welcome, sweetie. Now, let's celebrate. Seoyoung," called Madam Xiao. Said woman came with a bright smile and a bow.

"Yes?"

"Make desert please. We have celebrating to do," ordered Mrs. Xiao. Seoyoung nodded and with a bowed left the room, going to fetch the meal and prepare desert. Luhan smiled at his boyfriend, a thumb over his affectionately. Everything was such a wonderful surprise.

 

A/N: I will try my best to update soon! I am just losing faith in this story...As always, thank you to my lovely readers, subscribers, upvoters, and most of all my commenters~

i may not update for a long while. I am too busy so I am sorry.