Caught

Individuality
Luhan sat underneath the tree the group normally ate lunch under, the fall breeze beginning to feel cold on his arms; winter was approaching. It had been two days since Luhan had been beat up and the last day before the weekend. He looked forward to being able to rest amoung a pile of homework due Monday. Luhan touched his cheek that had the bruise. His bruise had slowly faded from his fair skin, leaving a dark yellow spot on his face. His cut was still healing with his wrist. Thankfully, he had not injured his writing hand so he could still write for himself. Death Strike had been leaving him alone for a little while, including the chocolate-eyed mystery that filled his thoughts constantly.
 
Junmyeon called him obsessive for thinking about the elder Chinese man every minute he was awake. Luhan had just laughed and brushed it off. However, when he was not thinking about Yixing, he was thinking about Death Strike. Luhan was scared that they would come after him again, but Junmyeon had assured him it was over. Luhan still felt uneasy about it all. The young Chinese boy stretched his legs into the sun, savoring in the fall warmth. Luhan leaned back and closed his eyes as he waited for the others to join him.
 
Something suddenly plopped into his lap, startling Luhan to open his eyes and look around. It was a a sheet of notebook paper folded up into a boat hat. Luhan skeptically opened it to find a note: Meet me in the bathroom from last time in five minutes. It was scribbled in neat Chinese characters, something only a few could write here. It was not signed, but it did not need to for Luhan to understand. Junmyeon and the others quickly joined him. Luhan tried to quickly stuff the note into his trouser pocket, failing because Junmyeon noticed.
 
"Whats that," asked Junmyeon as he motioned to the note.
 
"Just a reminder that I need to go do something. I will be right back," said Luhan as he slowly got up and gathered his stuff.
 
"I can come with you," offered Junmyeon.
 
"No. I can do it. I am not as crippled. I will be fine. I should be back before lunch ends but if not I will see you in class," said Luhan as he bowed to the others and left in a hurry. Luhan made a circle around campus to the arts building, hoping the others would not notice him slip into the arts building. Luhan navigated the stairs to the second floor bathroom on the left. He skeptically entered, happy to find Yixing leaning against the sink like last time with his arms crossed.
 
"I was afraid you wouldn't show," said Yixing in his honey voice with a slanted smile.
 
"W-w-well, I need to ask some questions," asked Luhan as he leaned against the wall after locking the door.
 
"Me first. How is your wrist? I see your limp is better and the bruise is almost gone. You heal fast," observed Yixing.
 
"I know I do. Now my turn. Why did you bind my wrist? Why are you insisting to meet me in a bathroom? Why are you going against your brother when obviously he wants to end me? Does Yifan know he can take my scholarship? Do you know that? Do you know my par-"
 
"Man you ask a lot of questions. Slow down. One at a time," interrupted Yixing with a chuckle. Luhan took a deep breath to calm his nerves and began slower.
 
"Why did you bind my wrist?"
 
"Because it was the right thing to do."
 
"Even though you helped cause me pain?"
 
"I did not kick you. I just stood there and then sent them away."
 
"Why are we meeting in a bathroom?"
 
"Obviously so we both do not get caught by my brother." 
 
 
"Why are you going against your brother?"
 
"Because you intrigue me. You are different from my brother and the rest."
 
"Does your brother know I am the scholarship kid?"
 
"Yes."
 
"Does he know he is the one paying for my scholarship?"
 
"No. My parents are paying for your scholarship," questioned Yixing with raised eyebrows. Luhan nodded and continued.
 
"They are the reason why I moved here. Both of my parents work for you. You paid for my flipping house," muttered Luhan as he examined his shoes, embarrassed about his social class and poverty.
 
"Wow. They obviously like your parents. We will have to make sure he doesn't find out. I promise, I won't let him kick you out," said Yixing in a serious tone as he straightened up. Luhan looked up and nodded once he saw the elder's serious expression.
 
"Can you meet me outside of school sometime? There is something I want to show you," asked Yixing hesitantly and nervously. Luhan considered it for a moment and then nodded.
 
"OK good. You will know more details as I get them. We better go. My brother has eyes everywhere," chuckled Yixing as he headed to the door. Luhan watched the man, noticing his graceful moves.
 
"See you around. Hopefully next time less injured," said Yixing with a breathtaking smile at Luhan. Luhan felt like mush inside so he just nodded and looked down at his shoes. He was sure a blush would be appear on his face soon. Yixing unlocked the door, looked out to make sure it was safe, and quickly left going towards the direction of the front exit. Luhan waited a few minutes before he left going in the opposite side of the building to the side exit. He circled around again before meeting at the tree the others were still sitting at. The group was as normally lively and loud, something caused by Baekhyun and Jongdae bickering playfully. Junmyeon raised an eyebrow at him, noticing he still looked a little flush.
 
"We will talk about it later," muttered Luhan as he sat next to Junmyeon, who only nodded. The Chinese boy was sure to get an ear full from the elder. Luhan sighed and quickly began to finish his lunch, laughing at the appropriate times but staying quiet the rest. It was just a pleasant lunch overall. Luhan had gotten answers which soothed his mind and put him at easy. The stress of being attacked again seemed to roll off of him and onto the grass in a puddle of goo.
 
A few minutes later Luhan finished his lunch, the bell rang signalling the end of lunch period. Luhan gathered his things quickly and followed the elder, trailing behind as usual. Luhan was about to catch up when something or someone tripped him, making him lurch forward and spilling the drink in his hand all over Junmyeon's back. Luhan fell to the ground, his ankle twisting in an odd fashion, breaking a bone. Luhan cried out in pain as Junmyeon turned around to face him, back covered in sticky liquid. The elder quickly came to his side as Luhan began to scream, his ankle in serious pain. Junmyeon looked up at the reason of this. Yifan smiled wickedly down at Luhan, an evil twinkle in eyes. The rich Chinese man dressed in fine silk and yet again out of uniform leaned down close to Luhan.
 
"That is for seducing my brother you little . If I even hear about you messing with him again, you might not be breathing. Understand," questioned the senior in a quiet voice so only three of them could hear. Yifan got up, kicked Luhan in the ribs right where he did last time, breaking them and knocking the breath out of the younger. Yifan left quickly with the rest of Death Strike, minus Yixing, following him. The students surrounding him quickly dispersed when the warning bell rang, signalling class would start in two minutes. Junmyeon picked up the semi-conscious boy quickly and rushed to the nurse's office, the other whimpering and sreaming out in pain every now and then. When the nurse saw Junmyeon with Luhan, she groaned in sadness.
 
"Poor boy does not get a break it seems. Lower him down on the table lightly. Get the bindings for me in the cabinet," ordered Nurse Naneun as she rushed to Luhan's side. Junmyeon did as told and returned with the wraps. Luhan whined lowly, his eyes closed in pain as shouts of pain still came.
 
"I think he hurt his ankle," said Junmyeon as he pointed at Luhan's bruised and swollen ankle. The nurse examined Luhan's swollen ankle and called for an ice pack. The woman touched the ankle to straight it out but was met with a large yell from Luhan. Junmyeon went to get the ice pack when he ran into someone.
 
"What the hell are you doing here," yelled Junmyeon bitterly as he continued with his task.
 
"Is he OK," asked Yixing softly as he noticed the screaming boy on the bed not too far away.
 
"You are the cause of this! Just stay away," yelled Junmyeon as he went back to Luhan's side. Luhan was sobbing by this point, hurting his ribs which made him cry harder.
 
"I am so sorry Luhan," whispered the elder Chinese an as he quickly walked away and down the hall, Luhan's screams following him like ghosts. The nurse made the screaming boy take some pain killers that made him dozy off quickly, silencing the screams for now. She quickly binded his ankle and looked over the rest of him.
 
"Yifan kicked him in the ribs again," said Junmyeon as he sat on the bed beside Luhan, watching the younger sleep with wrinkles creasing his delicate face.
 
"Is that boy trying to get killed? What caused this," asked the nurse as she placed an ice pack on the bruise on Luhan's chest.
 
"It wasn't his fault. Yifan was mad at him and made a point to show it."
 
"If I was Luhan, I would leave immediately. Poor boy. If you need me, I am going to lunch now. When he wakes up, take him home. I suggest you don't leave his side," warned Nurse Naneun as she left. Junmyeon sat on the bed and watched Luahn doze some more.
 
"Is he OK now," asked a soft voice as the bed dipped beside the young Korean.
 
"I thought I told you to stay away."
 
"I know. I am going against my brother's orders. What makes you think I will follow yours," questioned Yixing with a smirk. "
 
You did this. Yifan thinks Luhan seduced you," laughed Junmyeon lightly, finding the thought of innocent Luhan seducing the guy known for sleeping around.
 
"I didn't mean for this to happen. He intrigued me," muttered Yixing.
 
"You need to stop. If Yifan finds out you are spending more time with him, he might kick Luhan out of school and his house."
 
"He won't. I will make sure of it. I may be the adopted one but I am loved a little more," joked Yixing, receiving a quizzical look from his companion.
 
"You are adopted?"
 
"Yep. I am different from my brother for a reason. Goodness, we don't even look alike," said Yixing with a sight smile at how oblivious Junmyeon was.
 
"You need to fix this. It is the end of two weeks and he has already been beat up. Twice. Is there anyway you could control your brother," asked Junmyeon hopeful. Yixing only shook his head with a shrug.
 
"We will just have to be more careful," whispered Yixig as he reached out to tuck a piece of Luhan's hair behind his ear. Junmyeon felt a little jealous but pushed it away.
 
"Why are you doing this?" "Because. He is different," said Yixing with a smile as he got up.
 
"Give him this when he wakes up please," said Yixing as he fished a ripped piece of paper folded into a small bird and handed it to Junmyeon. Junmyeon nodded and laid it beside him.
 
"Hey. Promise me you are not playing around with him. I know him a lot better than you. I know he may act tough but he is sensitive. If you mess with him, you will regret it," warned Junmyeon as he looked at the person who held his heart.
 
"I understand. I am not messing with him. I promise."
 
Yixing bowed slightly and walked away quickly down the hall. He needed to see Yifan immediately. Seeing Luhan sobbing in pain tore him apart. Junmyeon made it obvious that it was his fault and Yixing took it to heart. He had to fix this mess he had created by talking to the other. Yixing quickly walked to his Porsche in the student parking lot and headed to his house where he knew his brother would surely be. He would make everything a little better. He had to for Luhan.