Day One (Part Two)

Individuality
Yixing pulled into the parking lot near Chinatown, few cars parked in the lot.
 
"You are taking me to China," joked Yixing with a bright smile as he got out of the car.
 
"Yep. There is this restaurant here that taste beyond heavenly. It reminds me of home," replied Luhan as he walked beside Yixing on the sidewalk, shoulders touching every now and then.
 
"How so," questioned the elder as he slipped his hand in Luhan's, making the later go dark in the face.
 
"U-uh, Seoyoung took me to this restaurant near the house when she didn't want to cook for the two of us. The food tastes very close to identical."
 
"Awesome. I can't wait to try it then." Luhan slowly walked down the street with Yixing, simply taking their sweet time looking around at the lights and shops. It was turning into the late afternoon so not many people were out on the streets yet; a few hours later and it would be packed with people. Luhan saw the shop coming into view and quickly pulled on Yixing's sleeve.
 
"Come on! I am starved," urged Luhan eagerly, continuing to pull Yixing along by the sleeve.
 
"Alright alright," said Yixing with a bright smile; Luhan was too adorable for him. Luhan pulled Yixing into the restaurant and to a lonely table in the corner.
 
"Sit here. I will be getting the food," ordered Luhan with a stern look, receiving a nod in return. Luhan hurriedly ordered the food and then returned to Yixing with several bowls of delicious food.
 
"I hope this is OK. This is the dish I was talking about," said Luhan as he began to pick up his chopsticks, scooping a bit of the rice and meat into his mouth.
 
"It's fine. Thank-"
 
"Luhan," interrupted a familiar voice approaching the duo. Luhan looked up with wide eyes and mouth full of food, cheeks puffed out like a chipmunk.
 
"Junmyeon," croaked Luhan as he hurriedly swallowed his food.
 
"Luhan...and Yixing. LuLu, why are you with him," questioned Junmyeon with a confused face as he awkwardly stood in front of their table.
 
"Um...uh. Well-"
 
"We are on a date," interrupted Yixing with a charming smile. "A-a d-d-date," stuttered Junmyeon, his eyes wide with shock.
 
"Yes. A date," declared Yixing as he looked fiercely at Junmyeon but kept his smile.
 
"LuLu, you didn't tell me you were dating him," said Junmyeon as he looked sadly at Luhan, understanding now why Luhan did not like him; e was nothing compared to the mysterious and charming Yixing.
 
"W-well it just happened, Junmyeon. I'm sorry," mumbled Luhan as he looked down at his fidgeting hands.
 
"Don't be sorry," declared Yixing boldly as he continued to look at Junmyeon, taking Luhan's hand in his under the table. Luhan looked up at Yixing and smiled, then looked at Junmyeon and frowned.
 
"Junmyeon, can we talk tomorrow at school? Please," asked Luhan sincerely. Junmyeon huffed and spoke. "Don't bother, Luhan." Junmyeon left quickly and going in the direction of his car, leaving behind an upset Luhan.
 
"Are you OK," whispered Yixing into Luhan's ear, putting a comforting arm around the younger.
 
"Yeah. I'm sorry about that. I didn't know he would be here," mumbled Luhan as he began to pick of his chopsticks again; he was an idiot for h should have at least maybe think Junmyeon would come. After all, he was the one to bring Luhan here.
 
"It's fine, little dear. Just eat," replied the elder Chinese man with an affectionate smile. Luhan nodded and began eating , feeling a little more at ease. Yixing began eating the delicious food, commenting about how it did taste heavenly. Feeling content and happy with Yixing's reaction, he smiled throughout the rest of the meal, leaving Junmyeon to the back of his mind. The duo ate the food quickly, chatting every now and then. When finished with their lunch, Luhan pulled them out of the restaurant.
 
"Another place," questioned Yixing with a smile plastered on his face; just looking at the younger made him smile.
 
"Yes. Do you like bubble tea," asked the younger as he began pulling his boyfriend's sleeve to the shop a few stores down.
 
"Yeah. I am guessing you do."
 
"Yep. Taro."
 
"Passion fruit."
 
"Mhmm. Taro is better," declared Luhan with a playful smile, receiving a chuckle in return. Luhan pulled the couple into the shop and order for them while Yixing sat in a table in front of a large window, looking around the pleasant shop. The small cafe was an explosion of color with painted tables and chairs of infinite colors. Yixing adored the shop, especially the large window in front of him. He could look out into the street to see people walking by. Luhan soon came back with their drinks, jarring Yixing out of his observations.
 
"You paid for lunch and this. Goodness, are you trying to spoil me," joked Yixing as he accepted the red drink with black balls at the bottom, taking a sip from the mint green tube called the straw.
 
"It's fine. You may be rich, but you shouldn't have to pay for me; I am a big boy," declared Luhan with a large sip of his drink as he sat beside the other at the pink table. Amused, Yixing laughed and nodded. The pair fell into a comfortable silence, just watching people go by as they sipped leisurely at their drinks. "Is this really a date" asked Luhan hesitantly, ending the silence.
 
"Well, do you want it to be one?"
 
"Yes...it would be a perfect first date," said Luhan with a shy smile as he played with his light pink straw.
 
"Then, this is our first date. Did you like it that much," asked Yixing affectionately, taking Luhan's hands in his and examining the smooth flesh.
 
"Yes. I loved it. Thank you," replied Luhan as he watched Yixing a finger of his palm. "
 
Good. It wasn't much but I liked it. I would like to do it again."
 
"Me too," agreed Luhan eagerly, his eyes lighting up with hope.
 
"Wanna go to the park near your house," asked Yixing as he finally laced his fingers with Luhan's. Luhan nodded and stood up with Yixing, grabbing his half full drink. Yixing walked with Luhan back to the car, hands swinging between them. Laughs followed their presence as the two joked and played around. When the couple got to the car, Yixing opened the door for his boyfriend, slipped into his own seat, and drove away to the park. Never did his fingers leave his boyfriend's during the ride. After an hours drive, the coupe arrived at the park and began to walk the concrete track that surrounded the park. Luhan kept his hand connected to Yixing's, afraid for this day to be too good to be true. The sun's final rays were upon the park, sending scattering light onto the backs of the couple as they walked away from the sun and towards the pond at the end of the park.
 
The two remained silent, just basking in the presence of the other. They had reached the edge of the lake and sat down on a nearby bench. Yixing slung his arm around Luhan, keeping his boyfriend close to his side. Luhan simply laid his head on the other's shoulder, enjoying the warmth of the other in the cool evening. Together, they watched a group of ducks playing in the water. One duck stayed particularly close to another, never leaving its side for even a second. They spent some time together, enough for the rays to start to descend completely as the night sprung to life. Yixing was the one to end the silence with a quiet "LuLu?"
 
"Yes?"
 
"Do you believe in soul mates," questioned the elder as he continued observing the pond even though the ducks were now slipping off the pond into some bushes near the lake.
 
"I don't know. I mean, I have never considered it. Why?"
 
"I do. I believe everyone has that special someone. Mother used to tell me about how she had that special someone, a man with exquisite charm and a lovely personality. I always thought she meant Mr. Wu. But maybe she meant my real dad," replied Yixing with a sigh.
 
"Are you going to be OK," asked Luhan hesitantly, taking the other's hand in his and applying a slight squeeze of reassurance.
 
"Yeah, I will be fine. I am more worried about Yifan. He may seem tough, but really he is a big crier and easily scared. He is absolutely terrified of storms. The kid would come to my room and sleep in my bed because he was so scared," said Yixing with a chuckle at the fond memory. When had everything changed so much?
 
"I think I would have liked him as a kid," declared Luhan as he snuggled closer to Yixing, the chill air rising goosebumps on his skin for the sun had set half an hour ago now.
 
"You would. He was very different."
 
"Have you always been the same," questioned Luhan as he looked up at the handsome man he luckily called his boyfriend.
 
"I would like to think so. Jongin says I am."
 
"You and Jongin seem close," observed Luhan with a smile.
 
"Yeah, I think so, too. Or at least I think so. He has been dating someone for a year, yet he didn't mention it until recently."
 
"Oh, good for him. Who is he with?"
 
"No clue," said Yixing, trying to figure out who it could be.
 
"We should go on a double date," declared Luhan as he sat up to look at his boyfriend eagerly, eyes wide with excitement.
 
"You want to go on a double date? With Jongin," asked a surprised Yixing with an eyebrow raised. Luhan nodded eagerly and smiled affectionately.
 
"It would be fun. Plus, I would like to not be terrified of Death Strike every time I enter the gates of school. I want to be brave for once," declared Luhan boldly.
 
"Are you a lunatic? Because as soon as night comes around, you are very bold," inquired Yixing skeptically.
 
"Maybe," shrugged the younger as he sat back against the bench. Yixing laughed but nodded all the same.
 
"I will talk to him tomorrow."
 
"Good. Now, let's go back to my house, and we can watch a movie until I pass out. Sound good," asked Luhan as he hopped off the bench, tiredness aching through his bones.
 
"Yes please. I need a shower. Mr. Wu woke me up at the crack of dawn banging on my door. Silly man. All because of those photos Yifan-" Yixing was stopped abruptly by a kiss on his lips. It was soft but passionate, sending chills down Yixing's spine. Keeping his hands on Yixing's cheeks, Luhan pulled away so only an inch was between them, lips almost touching and breaths mingling in the chill air.
 
"I don't want you to think of that 'silly man' or Yifan or any of it. You can deal with it later. Just give me these next two days, please," whispered Luhan pleadingly. Yixing sighed and nodded, placing his hand on Luhan's. Luhan leaned in for one more short kiss and then pulled away satisfied. Yixing threaded their hands together, brushing his thumb over the smooth skin of Luhan. Silently, the two made their way back to the car and left to Luhan's house. It was close to eight when Luhan cracked open the door of his house, glad to find nobody around.
 
"Hurry to my room. Dad comes home around eleven, but I don't want Seoyoung to see us," whispered Luhan as he hurried up the steps.
 
"Too late, LuLu. You forget I can hear like an owl," said Seoyoung as she stood at the top of the steps.
 
"Oh. Hi, Seoyoung," said Luhan as he fixed his hunched posture and displayed an innocent smile.
 
"Hi LuLu. Now, I said go out today, but I didn't mean all day! I had fixed lunch for us and everything," scolded Seoyoung with crossed arms.
 
"I'm sorry. Can you reheat it? We can have it for dinner," suggested Luhan sweetly, batting his eyelashes prettily.
 
"Ugh, fine. I will bring it up in a bit. You two wash up. Also, your father called. He is not happy, so I suggest you keep your guest quite," warned Seoyoung as she walked down the stairs to the kitchen. Luhan sighed and continued to his room with Yixing behind him.
 
"Wash first and then I will go," instructed Luhan as he sat down on his bed, the ache in his ankle coming to him. Even though he was healed, he still ached a little but it was much better than before. Yixing obeyed and grabbed his things to wash. Luhan laid on his plush bed and thought of today. It felt like a speeding train was coming into to his normally quiet life. Last week, he did not have a dashing boyfriend and now he does. He could not even consider Yixing a friend before this week. Tomorrow was Monday as they had to face school together with Death Strike still having a target on Luhan's back. Plus, he would have to face Junmyeon who was upset because of him. He was supposed to call Junmyeon today, Luhan remembered sadly. At the thought of sad Junmyeon, he groaned. Yixing had just come out of the attached bathroom when he noticed Luhan with his hands covering his face. "What's wrong, little dear?"
 
"Nothing. I mean, it's nothing I can't handle," responded Luhan as he sat up quickly, putting a smile on his face.
 
"No, something is wrong. You look paler than usual. What is wrong," asked Yixing as he sat on the bed, pulling the other to sit back down.
 
"I'm just...scared," mumbled Luhan as he laid his head on Yixing's shoulder. "Why," asked the older as he intertwined their hands, his warm ones connected with Luhan's cold ones.
 
"School. Junmyeon. Us."
 
"I will help you with school. Perks of having a boyfriend who is a grad above you. Junmyeon is something I can't really help with directly, but I can support you with that. Just be honest with him mostly. He seems like a decent guy. And what is wrong with us," inquired Yixing as he brushed his thumb over Luhan's palm affectionately. Yixing loved Luhan's perfect hands, smooth and a creamy white. Luhan loved the feeling and smiled.
 
"Thank you for the support. But...do you think we are moving too fast," asked Luhan hesitantly, biting his lip a little.
 
"I don't know. I have never dated someone honestly. I am fine with this. But if you think we are, we can slow down a little. It's all up to you. I don't want to pressure to do anything you don't want to do," declared the other Chinese man with a wide smile at Luhan, his dimples showing proudly. Luhan smiled back and placed a small peck on Yixing's cheek over an adorable dimple.
 
"Thank you. I feel better now. And I will feel loads better after a shower," said Luhan as he got up. "The movies are near the TV. Pick us one. Nothing scary. Seoyoung should be bringing the food soon. Tell her she can rest that we won't be needing her," instructed Luhan as he gathered his things to leave for the bathroom. Yixing nodded and went over to the DVDs. He began exploring the collection when a knock came to the door.
 
"Boys," called Seoyoung as she entered with a tray of food.
 
"Luhan is in the shower. He said you can rest now," replied Yixing with a bow and smile to Seoyoung.
 
"Oh, you have such nice manners," mused Seoyoung with a bow in return.
 
"Thank you, madam," said Yixing politely.
 
"I am glad he has picked you as his first," declared Seoyoung with a crinkle of her eyes as she began setting the food on the hardwood floor and pulling out cushions to sit on.
 
"Um, excuse me?"
 
"His first relationship. I may be old but I am not blind. You are a very charming and polite young man. If his parents knew, they would be happy...if you were a girl that is," said Seoyoung, ending the sentence with a whisper.
 
"His parents don't know he is gay," questioned Yixing with eyebrows scrunched.
 
"Oh no. Only I do. His parents are very strict. That Kim boy realized that quickly when he met them. Luhan was almost scolded for being late if Mister Kim didn't mention who his family is."
 
"Really? I don't think they would have a problem with me then," chuckled Yixing softly.
 
"Maybe not. All well. Enjoy the food. Also, I suggest Totoro. He loved that movie," replied Seoyoung with a wink, closing the door behind her. A few minutes later, Luhan emerged from the bathroom in a thin, white  plain shirt and basketball shorts, his wet hair combed back. Yixing smiled and grabbed the movie Seoyoung had mentioned from one of the stacks. 
 
"Let's watch this," insisted Yixing with a grin at his beautiful boyfriend. "You want to watch My Neighbor Totoro," asked Luhan skeptically with raised eyebrows.
 
"Yep," replied the elder with a bright smile. Luhan broke out into a smile and leaned towards Yixing, placing a chaste kiss on his lips.
 
"You are too perfect and precious," whispered Luhan with a smile as he pulled away a little, still close enough to have his nose touch the elder's.
 
"Not as precious as you," replied the elder with another kiss to Luhan's soft, plush lips. Luhan smiled against the small kiss and pulled away.
 
"Let's watch this adorable movie." Yixing nodded and stayed on the floor on a cushion while Luhan went to put the DVD in. When he came back, he plopped down on the cushion beside Yixing looking over the plethora of dishes. "Seoyoung likes to cook big meals," said Luhan as he picked up his chopsticks. Nodding, Yixing followed suit and took a bite of rice.
 
"I can tell. This could possibly feed an army. Did she not eat any?"
 
"She probably did and this the leftovers. Let's just eat," said Luhan as he began to eat kimchi and some rice. The movie began planning the opening song as the two continued to eat. Both enjoyed the precious moment. Nothing feels better than having someone you adore by your side to eat amazing food and watch an adorable movie. Yixing smiled at Luhan and pecked his cheek. Taken back, the younger blushed and looked down.
 
"So adorable," mused Yixing with a dimpled smile. Luhan laughed and shrugged. They quickly finished dinner as well as the movie and crawled into bed after Luhan took the dishes down to the kitchen.
 
"Are you sure want to sleep in the same bed," asked Yixing skeptically, assessing the situation.
 
"Unless you want to sleep on the floor. You have to stay in my room. So either sleep with me or you get the floor," declared Luhan as he slipped into the bed beside his boyfriend after turning the lights off, their sides touching due to the small bed size.
 
"Are you OK with it?"
 
"If I wasn't OK with it, I would already have made your bed on the floor. Chill and sleep. I'm too exhausted to argue over this trivial matter anymore," said Luhan with a pout as he shut his eyes. Yixing chuckled and settled down in the bed. Luhan turned over so his back faced Yixing and scooted close to the elder, taking the other's arm and hooking it around his waist. Yixing's chest flush against the younger, said man's legs intertwined with his. "If you are going to sleep with me, do it properly," whispered Luhan as he settled down for the night. Yixing chuckled lightly and snuggled into Luhan's neck.
 
"Very well, little dear. Goodnight," whispered Yixing, his lips touching the shell of the other's ear.
 
"Goodnight, Xing," replied the younger softly, biting his lip and repressed a delicious shudder. Together, the two drifted off to sweet dreams and warmth of the one they adored most. 
 
A/N: Thank you to all of my subscribers, commenters, upvoters, and readers! About the lunatic thing: lunatics were called LUNATICS because they would go a little crazy when the moon was out. That is the reason why it is LUNAtic, LUNAr as in the moon. I like it so of course I had to put it in. As always, please give this story love and anticipate the next!