Bedtime Stories

Individuality
Luhan continued to nervously glance at Yixing throughout dinner. His dad had prepared a traditional Chinese dish for the trio to enjoy since Seoyoung was out of the house. Yixing had been ecstatic about it, showing his dimple smile in appreciation. With his mind in a mess, Luhan thought about the fast few days with Yixing. This time last week he was in bed popping pills every two hours because of Wu Yifan. At that time, he was just attracted to the Yixing. Now, he is dating the man who has occupied his thoughts since the encounter in the bathroom after he helped beat him up. And today, he found out their relationship would end Friday, not even making it a week. Luhan's head ached at all the knowledge; time was moving too fast for Luhan. Accidentally, Luhan dropped his chopsticks with a loud clank on his plate. The other two occupants of the room gave him a worried look.
 
"I-I have to go. P-please excuse me-e," stuttered Luhan nervously as he hurried away from the table and practically ran to his room upstairs. Yixing looked confused and glanced at Mister Xiao, the other man wearing the same mask of confusion.
 
"I should go make sure he is OK. Thank you for the dinner. It was lovely," said Yixing as he got up and bowed to the man.
 
"Yes, thank you. Sleep well you two." Yixing nodded and hurried after his boyfriend while Mister Xiao continued to eat his dinner. Bounding the steps two a a time, Yixing quickly made it to the other's room. softly as to not startled the younger, he knocked on the door and went to open it to find it locked.
 
"LuLu? My little deer? Can you please open the door for me," requested Yixing lightly, his voice laced with care and comfort.
 
"Are you alone," asked Luhan after a moment of silence.
 
"Yes. It's just me. Please open the door, LuLu." Complying with the request, Luhan unlocked the door and moved back to his warm bed. Yixing quickly came in and sat next to the younger after closing and locking the door. Yixing watched as the Luhan had his head bowed, his hands fidgeting in his lap. He looked anxious and a bundle of nerves. It deeply concerned him that his boyfriend was keeping something from him.
 
"Luhan, what's wrong? You have been acting odd since we left school. Did something happen," asked Yixing full of concern at how solemn the other appeared.
 
"It's nothing," replied Luhan softly as he clutched a pillow to his chest, feeling bad for worrying the other.
 
"Luhan, I can tell you are lying. Why won't you talk to me? Does this have something to do with Yifan?" Luhan flinched at the name, all that was needed for Yixing to understand.
 
"What did he do," asked Yixing as he embraced the other softly. In need of comfort, Luhan nuzzled his face into his boyfriend's chest.
 
"W-w-what do you think of me," asked Luhan hesitantly after a while. Startled by the question, Yixing opened and closed his mouth like a fish gasping for air, trying to find the correct words to say.
 
"W-well...you mean a lot to me. I mean, I would be upset if you were gone for too long. To be honest, I was miserable at school because you weren't with me. You make this warm fuzzy feeling in me, especially when you kiss me. I treasure you wholeheartedly. Why do you ask?"
 
"No reason. Honestly, I just want to sleep after a shower. I will be back,"said Luhan too quickly as he hopped off the small bed and hurried to the bathroom. Yixing huffed and laid on the bed. Something was wrong and the younger refused to even slip a word about it. Luhan was not a good liar and could not fool Yixing no matter how hard he tried. Luhan was deeply troubled by something. And that something had to deal with Yifan. After half an hour in the shower, Luhan reappeared with wet hair, dressed in blue shorts and a baggy red shirt that hid the boy's small, lithe frame.
 
"For a sixteen year old, you are too adorable," commented Yixing as he pulled Luhan to sit on his lap, receiving a deep rosy blush and a shy smile.
 
"Now come on. It is late. Where is my lunatic," joked the elder with a peck to Luhan's button nose.
 
"Oh shut up. Just go take a shower. Then I have something planned for us," ordered Luhan as he slid off Yixing and onto the bed. Noticing that his boyfriend was a little happier, Yixing obeyed and went into the bathroom to shower and change, but not before placing a chaste kiss on his little deer's plush lips. Luhan gave a Cheshire cat grin and laid on the bed with limbs outstretched. This would be his last night with Yixing staying at his house. He had four days left until Yixing was no longer his. Luhan still did not know how he was going to do this whole breakup thing. He had never dated and never had a friend who could tell him how breakups went. What would he say?
 
"Hey, I don't actually like you." No, that is too harsh.
 
"It's not you. It's me." No, that is too cliche.
 
"Your brother hates my guts and will deport my whole family if I do not stop seeing you. And I love you too much for you to be unhappy with me. I hope you hate me so this works out better." No, that is too truthful.
 
Luhan wanted the perfect breakup, as good as breakups go anyways. He did not want Yixing hurt, but he knew it would be so. Maybe Yixing will be glad. Maybe he will find a nice girl to settle down with in college; after all, Yixing would be going to college next year. All Luhan wanted was for Yixing to be happy. The elder deserved it more than Luhan deserved love. At the thought of leaving Yixing forever, a stray tear slid down the younger's cheek. He quickly wiped it away before the other came back into the room wearing white shorts and a fitted blue shirt. He plopped down on the small bed with Luhan, curling the younger to his side in content. Luhan laid his head on the man's chest with his eyes closed. Yixing played with the deer's hair in pure bliss, happy to have this little bundle by his side. The weight on his chest was comforting in every way and could not be replaced easily.
 
"LuLu?"
 
"Yes, Xing?"
 
"I think I might be falling in love with you," whispered the elder in Chinese. Shocked, Luhan's movements stilled, his body going stiff. This was not supposed to happen just a few days before he would end things with the elder. The guilt in Luhan deepened to the point he was wanting to puke his dinner. The reaction he received from Luhan made the elder nervous.
 
"Do you not feel the same," asked Yixing uncertainly.
 
"No. Not yet," lied Luhan as he closed his eyes tight. In honesty, he loved Yixing. Yixing was perfect in every way, from his beautiful hands to his adorable dimple smile. Discouraged by the young Chinese man's answer, Yixing felt sadness seep into his bones.
 
"Let's sleep. It is our last night together," said Luhan quickly, an attempt to make the matter settle and not brought up again.
 
"I thought you had something planned?" "Just forget it. I am too tired. We can do it some other time."
 
"OK. Goodnight, my beautiful dear," whispered Yixing softly as Luhan fell into dreamless sleep. Not matter how had he tried, Yixing could not sleep however. Even though they had a long day at school, Yixing was restless. He was worried for the younger. Luhan was close lipped about this matter with Yifan. Well, if he was not going to get it from Luhan, he would just go to the source of all this. Happy with his decision, Yixing slowly eased out of bed and quickly changed into appropriate clothes before slipping out of the room making sure to close the door softly. Trying not to draw attention to himself, Yixing quietly made it to the door. He was almost out when he was stopped by a voice.
 
"Does LuLu know you are leaving," asked Seoyoung as she approached the guest leaving. Yixing sighed and turned around to face the owl.
 
"No. And I would not like him to know please. I am just going home real quick. I will be back in an hour. Please stay quiet," pleaded the Chinese man earnestly. After thinking about it a minute, Seoyoung huffed and nodded.
 
"You better be back in an hour. If LuLu finds you gone, you will have him to answer to," warned Seoyoung before she went upstairs to her room. Yixing sighed solemnly and escaped the house before anyone else noticed. He got in his car, started the engine, and pulled away from the house heading for his own home. He was eager to get back to Luhan's bed but he needed to help his little deer. He needed to talk to Yifan about this immediately. The elder was surprised by how Yifan easily accepted them. It would not surprise him if Yifan had threaten the other. Maybe if he talked to Yifan, the elder would stop his plans. Then he would be happy with Luhan. With his mind in turmoil, Yixing pulled up to the mansion; none of the lights were on except one. Yixing watched as a figured crossed back and forth in front of the window. Turning off the car, Yixing went inside of his house as silently as possible. He crept up the stairs and lightly knocked on the mahogany door. A few minutes passed before light flooded the empty dark hallway. Yifan stood in his silk pajamas, a book in hand. Upon the sight of the younger, Yifan looked solemn and startled at the same time.
 
"W-why are you here," asked Yifan after an awkward moment of silence.
 
"We need to talk," said Yixing softly for he did not want to wake anyone.
 
"We have nothing to discuss yet," said Yifan sternly.
 
"Yes we do. Just let me in, brother," pleaded Yixing with kind eyes.
 
"You still call me brother?"
 
"Of course. We were still brothers when I was the adopted one. We are still brothers when you are the adopted one," replied Yixing with a deep frown. At the sight, Yifan's heart ached. With a heavy sigh, Yifan moved to the side for Yixing to enter. Grateful, Yixing went in and sat on one of the couches.
 
"Can you not sleep? I saw you pacing from outside," commented Yixing as he settled on the couch. After closing the door, Yifan sat on the adjacent couch, placing his book on the table between them. "
 
No. I haven't slept since you left," admitted Yifan sheepishly. At that, Yixing's head raised in surprise. Yes, he now noticed the dark marks under the man's eyes.
 
"Why not? You need sleep. There is no need to be so restless. In all honesty, I just needed a few days away."
 
"But why did you have to go to that little ," asked Yifan sadly, his voice laced with poison.
 
"First, he is not a . Actually, he is fairly innocent for his age. Second, I stayed with him because he offered and I wanted to. I really like him, Yifan. He is special to me," clarified the younger Chinese man seriously, his brows furrowed in disappointment of his brother's behavior.
 
"Well, you better snap out of it. Because he will not be here much longer," smirked Yifan as he crossed his legs in content.
 
"What do you mean," asked Yixing astonished by his brother's manner.
 
"Did he not tell you? He is moving schools," informed Yifan with a raised eyebrow. Finally, everything clicked into place. Luhan was sad to leave his friends behind.
 
"Did you cause this," asked Yixing astonished.
 
"No. Of course not. It was his decision. I was told by the dean. Apparently, him and his friend had went to the dean asking for Luhan to be withdrawn from the school. Friday is his last day. Is this all new to you," asked Yifan in a fake surprised fashion. Yixing took it all in, hunching forward to put his head in his hands in outrage.
 
"He did not mention it. He was upset but didn't tell me. I figured it had something to do with you," replied Yixing sadly.
 
"Well, you were wrong to doubt me. I told you I would not lay hand on him."
 
"I know. I am sorry to doubt you. How are you?"
 
"I am well. Father has been avoiding me but that is given. Mother comes home Saturday. When will you be home?"
 
"Tomorrow evening. I want to spend a little more time with Luhan before I come home."
 
"Why can't you just leave him alone already? He is moving. Don't you think you should end things before it gets ugly. After all, you will be leaving with me for college in Busan. Rip the band aid off now," pursued Yifan. Much to Yifan's dismay, Yixing shook his head.
 
"No. I couldn't do that. I think...I think I love him. But he doesn't love me. So I want him to fall in love with me. And I don't want to leave him. I want to make him fall in love everyday; to be so happy that he keeps that precious smile on his face forever. He is just so...pure and perfect. A little odd but by all means incredible," gushed Yixing happily, making Yifan's heart ache in his chest.
 
"Please leave," croaked Yifan abruptly before getting up. Surprised, Yixing gave a confused look to his brother.
 
"What?"
 
"Please just leave Yixing. I am tired. Just leave," demanded Yifan before he left for his actual bedroom, leaving behind a rather confused Yixing. Slowly, Yixing left the mansion and went back to Luhan's house, eager to be back in bed with the younger. He slipped back inside the house and up the stairs. He crawled back into the warm bed beside Luhan, the latter's back still facing him.
 
"Why did you leave," whispered Luhan softly when he felt the presence of the other return, arms securely wrapped around his waist.
 
"How long have you been up," asked Yixing sadly for he had not wished to wake him.
 
"Since you left. I was worried you wouldn't come back after seeing him," admitted Luhan as he turned around to face the elder.
 
"How did you know I would go see Yifan?"
 
"Because I know you would if you wouldn't get it from me. What did he tell you," asked Luhan nervously as he bowed his head.
 
"He told me you were leaving. Is this true," asked Yixing in a small voice, tears threatening to spill. Solemnly, Luhan nodded in agreement, his own tears spilling onto the bed and Yixing's shirt.
 
"Why didn't you tell me?"
 
"Because I couldn't," croaked Luhan through his soft cries. Yixing wrapped his arms tightly around the younger. Luhan nuzzled his face into the soft fabric of Yixing's shirt, his sobs muffled by the material.
 
"It's OK, LuLu. Don't cry. Why couldn't you tell me?"
 
"Because I didn't want to you to interfere. I wanted you to be happy. I was going to tell you Friday when I left. Yixing, I am so sorry," sobbed Luhan as he clutched onto the man he loved. Yes, he loved Yixing with all his being.
 
"My deer, why are you crying? Is Yifan making you," asked Yixing astonished by the younger's cries, his own tears sliding down his cheeks. Luhan ignored the question and continued to cry. Yixing Luhan's back tenderly until the younger was sedated. Eventually, Luhan pulled away from Yixing's chest to look at said man's tearful face.
 
"I love you," admitted Luhan softly before he captured Yixing's lips in a surprise kiss. One of Yixing's came to cup Luhan's cheek while the other was placed on his hip. Luhan's hands grasped the material in front if him with much passion, desperate to keep this moment alive forever. Luhan's tongue grazed Yixing's bottom lip, asking for entrance into the enticing cave. Yixing softly groaned and opened his mouth for the other, deepening the kiss. Eventually, Luhan pulled away gasping for breath, his lips still touching the elder's barely and his eyes closed.
 
"Do you mean it," asked Yixing hesitantly, hoping it was the truth. Luhan opened his eyes and stared into the other's deep brown eyes.
 
"Yes."
 
A/N: I hope this was well liked...What will Yixing do with this new information? Will Luhan tell Yixing what is happening? Who knows? Please comment, subscribe, and upvote please! They bring me joy! Thank you to everyone~