Hiding

Individuality
Luhan woke in more pain than yesterday, his body aching so much that he could feel his pulse throughout his body. He slowly scooted out of bed and limped to the attached bathroom. His body yelled at him to stay in bed, but he had to go to school. He would not lose his schlarship and disappoint his parents and his friends. Luhan his music, started the water, and stripped down. A knock came to his door when he was about to get in
 
"What is it," asked Luhan irritably.
 
"Master Luhan, that boy from yesterday is here. I think he said his name is Junmyeon. Do you wish for me to send him up," asked Seoyoung. Luhan huffed and ran his hand through his hair.
 
"Yes. Tell him I will be out soon," replied the young Chinese has he got in the shower. He quickly did his business, dried off, and walked out with a towel around his waist. Junmyeon was sitting on his unmade bed when he entered. The shock on Junmyeon's face was priceless in Luhan's opinion, a slight blush on is cheeks and eyes the size of golf balls.
 
"Chill, I will be right back," said Luhan as he grabbed one of his uniforms to change for school. Luhan quickly dressed in the bathroom and brushed his teeth. Junmyeon still sat on his bed but was less flushed.
 
"I told you I would see you at school," informed Luhan as he moved about getting ready, brushing his hair and gathering his books.
 
"I know. I just thought I would give you a ride so you did not have to walk," said Junmyeon clearly, his speech sounding a little rehearsed an dprepard to Luhan's ears. Luhan turned around to squint his eyes at the young Korean.
 
"Seoyoung drives me when my parents don't. You know that I don't walk," replied Luhan, calling Junmyeon's bluff. The other man let out the breath he was holding.
 
"Fine You got me. I was worried about you. There. Now, are you ok? Did you take the medicine Nurse Naneun gave you?"
 
"Not yet. It is on the table. Get it for me," replied Luhan as he packed the books he needed in his bag. Junmyeon got the medicine, passing it and the glass of water from last night to him. Luhan quickly took the medicine and grabbed his bag.
 
"Come on. Maybe you can meet my parents. Want breakfast," asked Luhan as he led Junmyeon out of his room.
 
"I already ate."
 
"Good. I don't eat breakfast. I just sit there normally and watch my parents talk. Seoyoung makes me tea sometimes." Junmyeon nodded and followed Luhan out the door.
 
"LuLu, your parents wish to speak to you after work. The two already left. Will Mister Junmyeon be driving you to and from school today," asked Seoyoung with a smile at the duo.
 
"Yes. I will see you after school," said Luhan with a smile at the maid. The maid gave a slight bow to Luhan and a deeper one to Junmyeon. Luhan walked out the door, slipping his shoes on as he went.
 
"Why does she call you LuLu sometimes and Master Luhan the others," questioned Junmyeon, noticing the maid seemed different when he first arrived for Luhan. Luhan's parents had been leaving, and she addressed Luhan by "Master Luhan."
 
"She has known me since I was born. She played with me when I did not have any freinds. We just have this thing where I am called LuLu when the parents are not around. A silent agreement," replied Luhan as he slowly slipped into Junmyeon's shiny, black Land Rover with said owner's help.
 
"Am I allowed to call you that," asked Junmyeon as he drove away from Luhan's house, half joking and half hoping. Luhan seemed to really think about it for a moment and then nodded.
 
"But only you. And only because you rescued me twice," decided Luhan as he looked out of the window, watching the world pass by. A blush spread on Junmyeon's cheeks as he smiled at Luhan.
 
"Thank you."
 
"Just not in front of the others."
 
"Of course," replied Junmyeon with a chuckle as he parked in the student parking lot. Luhan slipped out of Junmyeon's car, with his help of course, and headed towards the gates where they normally meet the others. The medicine had kicked in and Luhan felt much better, less achy but his wrist still felt sprained in the worse way possible. He limped less but the ache in his legs were still prominant.
 
"Well, you look awful," commented Kyungsoo as the duo joined the group. Luhan stuck out his tongue and whined.
 
"Thanks for the encouragement," said Luhan bitterly. Kyungsoo shrugged and sipped his expensive coffee. The others kept their heads down, not saying a word.
 
"What is with you all? You act like you committed a crime or felony," said Junmyeon with knitted eyebrows.
 
"Well, we didn't. But it looks like Luhan did," said Baekhyun softly. Luhan quickly looked at Junmyeon.
 
"What do you mean," asked Junmyeon, his voice laced with panic and worry.
 
"Go see for yourself," said Baekhyun as he pointed towards the quad. Luhan hobbled with the support of Junmyeon to the quad. What he saw shocked him. There was graffiti on the front building that said
 
"Xiao Luhan is a poor ." Pictures where everywhere of him and Junmyeon. Some were of him getting into Junmyeon's car yesterday. Some where of him holding onto the other, which happened when Luhan almost tripped down the stairs. Another showed Luhan smiling at Junmyeon, who had given him a compliment. People noticed the duo and began to point and whisper at them.
 
"Junmyeon. Get me out of here please before I have a meltdown and kill someone," whispered Luhan, petrified because of the disgusted look the two were getting. Junmyeon nodded and scooped Luhan up, walking quickly to the arts building. "You shouldn't have came today," mummered Junmyeon, holding Luhan close.
 
"I had to. I am a scholarship kid. I can't disappoint anyone by losing my scholarship the second week of school. I am sorry I got you into this, too. I understand if you just want to drop me off in the nurse's office," replied Luhan as he hung his head low. Junmyeon shook his head.
 
"After what happened yesterday, there is no way I am just leaving you with the nurse. I am taking you to someone I know can help."
 
"Who?" "My uncle. Mister Kim, the vocal arts teacher." "Junmyeon, I refused to be babysat. Just take me to class."
 
"LuLu, did you forget two of those freaks are in our class? You know they are the ones who did this," replied Junmyeon, his voice stern and certain as he knocked on the door. It opened quickly to reveal a man with short blonde hair and tan complexion dressed in black trousers and a nice, blue dress shirt, a bowtie tied around his neck.
 
"Junmyeon? Why are you here so early," questioned Mister Kim.
 
"Sory, but I need a favor," replied Junmyeon with a smile.
 
"Of course, nephew. What is it?"
 
"Can you watch LuLu? Death Strike is after him," explained Junmyeon with a pleading look. The teacher quickly nodded and let them in.
 
"I saw when I came in. I thought that was you in the pictures. Junmyeon I thought you said you had-"
 
"Uncle not now," interrupted Junmyeon as he gave his uncle a look. Luhan did not miss it, however, but acted as if he did. Junmyeon sat him on a bed in the corner of the office.
 
"I sleep here sometimes. PLease me good. I will bring you work to do every now and then. I am going to go speak with the Dean. Please be good," said Junmyeon as he gave Luhan his backpack. Luhan huffed but nodded, ittiated that he had to stay here for the day but glad he at least had somewhere to go. This was so not a good day for him. Junmyeon gave him a smile and left quickly the way they came. Mister Kim closed the door quickly behind his nephew and sat at his desk facing Luhan.
 
"What did you do to get this punishment," asked Mister Kim with a grimance, noticing Luhan's bruised and healing body.
 
"U-u-uh, I-I accide-ently hit Y-y-ifan w-w-when I was walkin-g-g," stuttered Luhan, embarrassed about his nervousness. Mister Kim gave a sigh and nodded.
 
"Why did my nephew carry you here?"
 
"T-t-they beat me u-up y-yesterday-ay." "Do you stutter a lot," asked Mister Kim with a kind smile, not meaning the statement harshly. Luhan shook his head. He only stuttered when nervous.
 
"My nephew likes you. He is kind, but he is not this kind normally. Please be good to him."
 
Luhan was confused by what he said but asked no questions. Luhan laid down on the bed, his back facing the vocal teacher. Eventually, Mister Kim left to teach his class, leaving aching Luhan to sleep his day away. Around lunch, Junmyeon came back when Luhan was playing a card game by himself. "Are you winning," joked Junmyeon as he entered.
 
"No. He is too good for me," joked Luhan with a slight smile. The other nodded and set Luhan's homework on the bed next to the other.
 
"The dean is letting you have the day off since you were injuried yesterday. He knows you are here and said you could stay but you must be back in class tomorrow. I can help you with the lessons," offered Junmyeon with a hopeful smile. Luhan nodded and finished his card game quickly.
 
"OK. You can come over tonight," said Luhan as he collected the cards. Junmyeon nodded and watched Luhan's movements.
 
"Who won?" "The other guy. He is a pesky cheater." Junmyeon chuckled and looked at the clock on the wall behind the desk across from the duo. Junmyeon huffed and looked at the Chinese boy.

"I have to go. I have to meet with the others in Student Council to talk about the Fall Ball. Will you be ok," asked Junmyeon with a slight smile. Luhan nodded as he began looking through the work Junmyeon gave him.
 
"Don't go anywhere unless you have to. I will be back before school ends. Do you want something to eat? We can get Chinese after class," offered Junmyeon. Luhan smiled at the consideration and nodded.
 
"Sounds good. Now go before you are late again on my behalf. I will be fine," assured Luhan as he flipped through his math. Junmyeon gave in and gathered his things. He waved goodbye and quickly walked down the hall. Luhan quickly gave up on doing homework. Junmyeon will just help him after school. The young Chinese boy took another nap until around the end of fifth block. Luhan woke to urgent needs: a bathroom break was needed. Slowly, he got up and stretched a little his legs and arms. His legs hurt still, but he felt a little better. He limped slowly to the bathroom, holding on the wall with one hand to steady himself.
 
"Need help," offered a soft voice behind him. Luhan craned his neck over his shoulder to see who it was. He was met by chocolate brown eyes, hazelnut hair, and a dimple smile.
 
"W-w-why are y-y-ou her-re," stuttered Luhan, stilling his progress to th bathroom that was just a few doors down.
 
"I saw you come into this building and not leave. I was making sure you were ok. When I saw blonde leaving this side of the building, I figured you would be here. Are you ok? How is the wrist," asked Yixing as he approached Luhan. Luhan quickly as he could retreated from the progression, stumbling a little against the wall.
 
"I am not going to hurt you. Come here," said Yixing as he guided the other to the bathroom.  The elder checked the stalls to make sure they were alone. He quickly locked the door behind Luhan who slowly hobbled in still holding onto the wall. Yixing approached Luhan again but this time the younger did not try to step away. Luhan told himself it was because he was too tired to move. Yixing looked over the badaging the nurse had placed around his wrst. Yixing brushed over the fabric with his steady fingers, almost like he was mapping what laid beneath the skin.
 
"You sould be healed in a week or so. Don't apply to much pressure to it," warned Yixing as he stepped away. Luhan nodded, not trusting his voice. The two stood in silence, Yixing looking at Luhan who watched the floor as if it fascinated him more than the other man.
 
"H-h-how do you k-know that," inquired Luhan suddenly. Yixing came back rom his deep thoughts and just gave a slight smile and a shrug.
 
"I want to be a doctor. However, that's not my future," muttered Yixing as he leaned against the sink and crossed his arms. Luhan was slumped against the wall, his hands knotting and unknotting together in front of him.
 
"What do you mean," asked Luhan, becoming braver to talk to the other Chinese man and switching to Mandarin since his Korean was a little slow.
 
"Yifan and I are going to own the business after college. Yifan is excited but I am not to thrilled of my plans being decided. Why am I telling you this," chuckled Yixing. Luhan shrugged and stayed quiet.
 
"What about you," asked Yixing as he examined the young Chinese boy. Luhan simply shrugged. "I don't know. I was thinking architecture. I liking drawing and creating."
 
"You said all of that without stuttering. Are you no longer scared of me?"
 
"N-no. I-I d-d-don't kno-ow," stuttered Luhan as he looked down at his shoelaces. Yixing laughed at the cute younger boy.
 
"You are so adorable. Well, I better go. Yifan is probably looking for me. I am sorry about this morning. It was Jongin and Chanyeol's idea. Sehun saw you and blonde so he snapped the picture. I am glad you are ok. Be careful. Yifan is not afraid to do something horrible" warned Yixing, approaching the door beside Luhan. Luhan nodded and watched as the other left. Yixing gave him a smile and a wave, unlocking the door and disappearing down the hall. Luhan huffed and looked at himself in the mirror. The bruise over his cheek had began to fade a little, no longer as black. The cut on his forehead was scabbing over. He looked like a disaster compared to the other male. Luhan quickly did his business in the bathroom and left, hobbling quickly down the hall back to the office. He stayed there the rest of the day thinking over what Yixing had said. He seemed really nice, saint like compared to his brother. He could not understand why he got such bad rep. Junmyeon came in half way through sixth period, which was the last class of the day. He noticed Luhan was in deep thought, his eyebrow knitted together in concentration.
 
"What's with that look," asked Junmyeon, pulling Luhan out of his thoughts. Luhan looked at Junmyeon and shook his head.
 
"Can I ask you something," asked Luhan seriously, his eyebrows still furrowed. Junmyeon nodded and sat across from Luhan on the bed.
 
"What do you know about Yixing? From Death Strike," asked Luhan quickly so his confidence would not fail him. Junmyeon sighed and leaned back against the bed.
 
"Well, he is the nicest personality wise, but he is not innocent. He slept with this one girl and forced her to throw eggs at herself in the courtyard in the middle of lunch. This one guy he slept with and then beat up had a broken nose and leg. The boy got kicked out the next day for fighting back, and the girl was expelled for on campus. Makes me wonder if it really is worth it. He sleeps with both genders more than the rest. He is milder, but I would stay away. Why do you ask?"
 
"No reason. I just thought I saw him earlier, and he did not hurt me." 
 
 
"Really? You were lucky. He always follows him brother's orders. The way it looks, you are a target for the whole school. He may not be so nice next time. Be careful. I thought I told you to not leave."
 
"Junmyeon, I have to pee sometime," yelled Luhan as he pouted at Junmyeon. Junmyeon laughed wholeheartedly and nodded.
 
"Ok, I know." The bell rang not long after that and the duo gathered their things to leave.
 
"Let's go. I want that Chinese you promised. We should get bubble tea, too," said Luhan as he achingly hobbled out of the school, refusing Junmyeon's help. Junmyeon laughed again and guided Luhan by a hand on his lower back. Together, they walked out the school, slipped into Junmyeon's expensive, slick Land Rover, and headed for Chinatown. This is best ending for a really crappy day. At least he wasn't beat up again. However, he was even more confused about a certain fair skinned, hazelnet-hair, chocolate eyed Chinese man who seemed to be kicking his heart repeatively.