New Beginnings

Individuality
Luhan stared up at his blank ceiling in his new room, the sixth one he has had in the past two years. Luhan moved around a lot due to his parents being business people. His mom had to relocate the family to Seoul, something her boss made her do with a large bonas paycheck and a raise. Luhan was not too thrilled. He would be attending Gaeseong High School, a small private school down the street. It was known as the best, estabished for any child who had family in business. Since his mother was high in the rankings of some oil company, Luhan got in no problem for free. It was on scholarship. His parents were proud and honored; he was dejected and pissed. He did not want to attend a school for rich, spoiled kids.
 
Luhan huffed and his side, glancing at the clock on the bedside table. It was close to six in the morning. Luhan had to be at school to meet with the dean at half past seven. He should probably get out of bed but his dejected was too miserable to move more than an inch out of his bed. Right on cue, his mom came in, hair in curlers, to wake him.
 
"Oh! You're up. Good. Take a shower and get ready to leave. You have thirty minutes to be down for breakfest," announced his mother. She left quickly, leaving Luhan to get ready. Luhan groaned and stumbled his way to the attached bathroom. It was larger than his pasts bathroom, having a tub and shower with two sinks. Luhan the water to heat up as he got undressed. Luhan plugged some music in to listen to as he showered. Quickly, Luhan showered and dressed in his new school uniform, a navy blue vest and white shirt wit khakis topped with a stripped tie and black dress shoes. He was not a fan of uniforms. His last school in China had ridiculous rules when it came to uniforms. One kid got hit for not tucking in his shirt when told to by a teacher. Luhan shuddered at the memory and tucked his shirt in as he walked down the long staircase to the foyer. Their trusted house maid Seoyung was waiting for him at the bottom.
 
"Master Luhan, please follow me quickly," said the middle-aged maid. Luhan followed and was led to breakfast. His parents were sitting at the table, reading the paper and chatting about the economy. His parents liked to act like their bosses, rich enough to own a huge house and a large fleet of servants. But honestly, Luhan was a scholarship kid. They had one maid and a medium sized house. Luhan's dad worked in a cubicle in the same business as his mom, who was in the higher ranks. He did not belong in a school for the rich. Yet, there he stood at half past seven, books in hand.
 
"Good luck dear. Dont embarrass us," said his mother with a peck to the cheek and a wave goodbye, his father not saving a word in the driver's seat. Luhan watched them leave with the rest of the hired drivers of the rich kids. The young Chinese looked over his surroundings. He was in the enterance to what look as an old building from the late nineteenth century. Luhan walked slowly in, peeking around corners and creeping along.
 
"Can I help you," asked a happy voice. Luhan spun around, almost dropping his books in the process. He was greeted by a happy boy with white blonde haor.
 
"I-I am looking for the D-dean's office? I am-m new here," stuttered Luhan. The other boy lauhed and provided his hand.
 
"I am Junmyeon. Class president for third years. I can show you," said the blonde boy. Luhan nodded and skeptically looked at the outstretched hand; he did not like being touched.
 
"I am L-Luhan," stuttered the Chinese again. Junmyeon nodded and dropped his hand. He instructed Luhan to follow him down the corridor and up a flight of steps.
 
"The Dean is Mister Choi. I suggested you speak learly to him. You won't make it if you don't," said Junmyeon stopping in front of the office door. Luhan nodded and squared his shoulders, letting out a deep breath he did not know he was holding.
 
"Join me for lunch if you want, if you find no one that is. Good luck," said Junmyeon as he walked back the way they came. Luhan watched unil the door opened revealing a young man in his mid-thirties.
 
"Mister Luhan I assume," said the man. Luhan nodded quickly until he remembered what the blonde had said. "Yes. Xiao Luhan." Luhan did a deep bow and took a deep breath.
 
"Very well Come in. We must talk before you start. Close the door." Luhan did as instructed and followed the man in. Luhan sat at in chair in front of the large white oak desk.
 
"Just the basics. I run a very nice school here. Please follow the rules. ALways wear the uniform. Follow instructions. Fighting is not premitted. Be a good kid and you will never end up in here again. Here is your schedule. I suggest you hurry to class. Good luck." Luhan took his schedule from Dean Choi and gathered his filthy books He quickly made his way through the maze of halls and out to the quad behind the main building. Luhan looked at his schedule and looked at the buildings surrounding him He was on the verge of ripping his hair out when blonde appeared again.
 
"Need more help?"
 
"Please. I am looking for room 406 for Chemistry with Mister Kim."
 
"Good news is I am heading there. Let's go" said Junmyeon with a wave of his hand. Luhan quickly followed the class president, who wored expensive Italian leather shoes. Those shoes cost more than all the shoes he owned. He gulped and followed the boy down the hall to class 406. "Here. You can meet some of my friends. If you eat lunch with us, you will meet the rest. It is best to find a friend now or you migt be targeted," said Junmyeon as he walked to his seat next to a pale boy with very squinty eyes and toned arms.
 
"That is Minseok," addressing the pale boy,"and that is Baekhyun," addessing the Korean boy with dark black hair and a giant smile. The two waved and did greetings.
 
"I-I am L-Luhan," stuttered the Chinese boy. The two giggled a little and Junmyeon smiled at the newcomer. The laughter was cut short when someone came in, causing all the girls in the class to giggle and smile, batting eyeashes in the direction of the dark-haired boy who went to sit in the corner. Soon his red-haired friend joined him, giving the girls a little wink. Baekhyun scoffed and turned around his seat so his back faced the duo in the corner. Luhan looked confusely at Junmyeon.
 
"They are apart of a group called Death Strike. Do not befriend them. They are not friendly," said Junyeon with a scowl.
 
"W-what do they do," asked Luhan.
 
"They beat of guys and seduce women. However, the cost to sleep with them is you have to do something crazy. One girl streaked across campus to sleep with Yifan, the leader. She was expelled almost immediately. Some are more lucky and only have to be a servant for a week or two. They are horrible. Do not cross them," warned Baekhyun. Minseok nodded, his eyes big with seriousness. Luhan made a mental note to stay clear of the boys and their friend. He just wanted to graduate in the coming year.
 
Luhan followed Junmyeon to his classes since they had many together. For the ones they did not share, Junmyeon would deliver him to class and picked him after class to guide him to the next. Luhan met all of Junmyeon's friends at lunch. Kyungsoo was a nice Korean boy with large eyes who did not say much. The only comment his made was about how much Luhan stuttered through lunch. Junmyeon apoligized with something about how that was one of Kyungsoo's quirks. Jongdae was a hyper boy with a large smile and laugh. He almost frightened Luhan with his loudness. The group was sort of sall but uhan was still scared. He was use to one or two friends or none at all. However, he liked them even though they came from rich families Junmyeon came from a real estate family. Minseok was cousins with Jondgae, and both families did machine manufacturing. Kyungsoo's family ownd a popular publishing company. Baekhyun's parents were important judges.
 
When asked about his family, Luhan shyed away with a slight smile and mumbled "oil" and left it as it is. He was saved by the bell and he quicky gathered his things for the next class. That was the worst moment of the day. His classes were ok and not as hard as Chinese classes. He told Junmyeon so which made the blonde laugh. Luhan was greeted by Seoyung after school.
 
"LuLu, your parents will be late from work. I am asked to take you home to eat. But, how about you pick something to eat" said Seoyung. Luhan laughed and nodded. He loved Seoyung when his parens were not around. She left him do a lot he was not suppose to.
 
"Let's get some Chinese. I am already missing the cuisine," said uhan as he buckled his seat belt. eoyung agreed and went towards Chinatown. Luhan sighed in content and rested. One day down. Several months to go until the end.
 
A/N: This is going to be my second chaptered fic. Since it is offically summer for me, I am going to try to update every Friday or Saturday. No promises though! Even though Kris is no longer with EXO, I am putting him in. He is not gone yet to me so please no complaints. Anyways, thank you for reading! Please give it love and I will be more encouraged to write!