Lost Face

Fly, Dragon, Fly
Please log in to read the full chapter

Lee Seungri didn't have to try very hard to get the ladies.

All he did was march right over to an all-girl table, slide into an open chair, and start quietly eating lunch with Youngbae and Daesung. It didn't take long for all three of the boys to be covered with boo---beautiful girls.

Yeah, it was fun at first. Seungri enjoyed the company of fawning ladies for a few minutes. But halfway through the period his eyes began to wander the lunchroom, looking for a certain someone...

What had happened the day before? Seungri had no idea. Either Jiyong had an invisible flamethrower or some serious explaining to do. Seungri had spent the majoirty of the morning casually glancing around the halls, hoping to catch a glimpse of the skinny boy making his way quietly through the halls. But as far as he knew, Jiyong wasn't at school.

"Have you seen Kwon Jiyong?" Seungri asked Youngbae, unintentionally ignoring the girl who asked him a question seconds earlier.

Youngbae shook his head and took a sip of tea. The kid's diet was outrageously healthy, very different from Daesung and Seungri's fatty meals. "Haven't seen him. Stop worrying about it, Seungri, you were probably hallucinating."

Of course Seungri had told his cousin about the fiery incident as soon as he got the chance, but Youngbae had predictably handled it in a very Youngbae manner. You're just seeing things, he'd said. Probably slept in the car.

Seungri was not in the mood for Youngbae's shunning, so he assumed Jiyong was off recharging his invisible flamethrower (not that they charge but...whatever) and went about his day as usual.

But the next day, and the next, and the day after that, and once Friday rolled around and the first week of school was over, there was no sign of Kwon Jiyong. It was as if he had never existed.

Youngbae and Daesung were both frustratingly nonchalant about the situation. Seungri asked if they saw him every single day for four days, and the answer was always the same.

At least I know Jiyong is a real person, Seungri thought to himself as Youngbae and Daesung said they hadn't seen the slimmer boy. He was secretly terrified that Jiyong was some sort of figment of the younger's wild imagination.

"Seungri, are you free tonight?" Daesung caught up to the younger as they made their way towards the parking lot after school.

Seungri shooed away a few girls before turning to his friend. "Uh, I think so. Why?"

Daesung stopped smiling for a fraction of a second and managed to look sheepish. "Well...Youngbae and I kind of haven't started the psychology project yet..."

Seungri's jaw dropped and he froze in his tracks, causing a minor traffic jam in the hallway. "Are you serious? Mr. Park said everyone should've been done! Hell, if I'd known you two weren't done I would have joined Kim Jonghyun's group or something -"

Daesung looked hurt.

"Just kidding, just kidding," Seungri grumbled. "What time?"

"Seven," Daesung replied, breaking into another sunny smile.

"Where?"

"The haunted woods behind Youngbae's house," Daesung said happily, turning to bounce away. "See you later!"

"Wait, what? What is this project on?

Please log in to read the full chapter