er Punch

Fly, Dragon, Fly
Please log in to read the full chapter

Lee Seungri didn't know what he was expecting when he opened that door.

Maybe Jiyong sitting miserably on the bed, wishing he could see Seungri again. Maybe Seunghyun and Jiyong watching TV.

He sure as hell didn't expect what he found.

He seemed to lose his hearing, his vision blurred a little, and everything was suddenly in slow motion. Everything in the world disappeared except for the two figures in the hotel bed.

That isn't Jiyong, that can't be him...

A sweet face, a pair of intelligent almond-shaped eyes, two plump and swollen lips, and a head of wild brown hair turned to look Seungri straight on.

"Close the door," Youngbae said calmly.

Daesung closed the door.

 

 

"Oh my god, oh my god," Seungri was sobbing so loudly it was practically screaming. He sat in the back seat of the rental car and continuously smashed his fist into the back of Youngbae's seat.

"Dammit Seungri, you're hurting my back," Youngbae grumbled half-heartedly. He knew there was no point in reasoning with Seungri in this state.

Seungri just sobbed harder, his body convulsing with pain every time the image of Jiyong having with that woman flickered back from the dark corners of his mind.

"What the hell was that?" he hollered, pummeling the door of the car with his stinging knuckles. He didn't even give a about the rental car's condition. He didn't care about anything in the world. His heart felt like it had been burned, frozen, diced, mashed, grated, and sprinkled into a sea of hungry sharks.

He wanted to die. Seungri wanted to die. Everything on him hurt, every inch of his body felt like a pointless waste of space.

"It's been a week - a week," Seungri screamed, burying his face in his arms and hiccuping around his sobs. "I...what the hell? Was I blind? Did he not actually care? Was I just like a buddy or something? Was everything a lie? I want to die, I want to ing die..."

Youngbae angrily swerved the car onto the shoulder of the road and slammed on the breaks. He wheeled around in his seat to fix his cousin with blazing obsidian eyes. "Lee Seungri, he was probably having to get over you. Can you ing calm down for the love of god?"

Seungri just looked at his cousin through his sparkling tears and slowly shook his head, lower lip trembling.

After several slow, deep breaths from Youngbae, they were back on the road.

"Well," Daesung said quietly. "That sure was a er punch straight to the gut if I've ever seen one."

Seungri squeezed his eyes shut and leaned his face against the car window. Not real. Not real. That wasn't your Jiyong.

"What are we going to do?" Daesung asked.

The cousins were quiet for several breaths before Youngbae spoke.

"Seungri, do you want to talk to him?"

The maknae kept his eyes closed but shakily responded. "I don't think he wants to talk to me."

"So what, are we just going to fly back home?" Daesung demanded, his voice rising slightly. "We flew all the way to LA for this boy. We broke into a bank. You made out with your distant cousin, for crying out loud. We can't just leave without even talking to him."

Seungri just drowned out Daesung's voice. He didn't have the energy to listen anymore.

 

 

"Seungri?"

The maknae just lay there on the hotel bed, facing the window, his back to his hyungs.

"We're going out," Daesung said carefully.

Seungri didn't respond.

Youngbae sighed. "Call room service if you need anything."

Seungri didn't respond.

 

 

Three hours later, Youngbae and Daesung drove away from Jiyong and Seunghyun's hotel with a new companion in the back seat of the rental car.

Jiyong sat quivering slightly. He was a guilty mess. Hell, the day of losing one's ity was supposed to be a beautiful life-changing kind of occurance, but all Jiyong felt was misery and guilt.

Of all the people to walk through the door, of all the times he could walk through the door, and of all the moments he could choose not to knock...it had to be Seungri and it had to be right then.

Jiyong couldn't even speak to Youngbae and Daesung as they started to drive away, and he had the general idea that the boys were way too pissed to even attempt conversation with him. He wondered where Seungri was.

Was Seungri dead?

Seungri didn't...kill himself, did he?

That was it. Jiyong needed to talk. "Where's Seungri?" His voice cracked on the first syllable of the maknae's name. Goddammit.

There was a short pause.

"He's at our hotel in the city," Youngbae said finally. "We came to get you without telling him - not like he'll be getting up any time soon, anyways."

Jiyong winced at that. Poor Seungri. He had no idea how he would be able to explain this situation in a million years, much less regain Seungri's trust. And love.

"Why did you come to get me?"

"Because we figured you had some kind of explanation," Youngbae said monotonously. "Seungri thinks you don't love him, never loved him, wanted a buddy, got over him in a week, and now he wants to die. And it's your fault. So fix it."

Jiyong consecutively winced five times in a row at Youngbae's every point. The oldest hyung was right - it was Jiyong's fault, everything was, but there was no way that he would be able to fix this. The explanation made absolutely no sense.

"That girl had to get pregnant in order for me to see Seungri again," Jiyong said carefully, inspecting Youngbae's face in the rearview mirror.

Youngbae and Daesung quickly exchanged an expressionless glance but didn't say anything.

Jiyong dropped his face into his hands and started rubbing his temples. He would have to st

Please log in to read the full chapter