White Hair

Fly, Dragon, Fly
Please log in to read the full chapter

Mr. Park called for Seungri, Youngbae, and Daesung to stay after class the next day.

"So, you three," Mr. Park said as the three boys stood in an uncomfortable row by his desk. "All of your grades are suffering quite a bit since you didn't do the project."

"I know," Youngbae said apologetically. "We had...a lot on our minds, Mr. Park. We're sorry."

The teacher smiled charmingly and held up his hands. "Don't apologize to me. You three are the ones who are jeopardized, not me. I'd just like to say I'm giving you three one extra credit option - and this is all you get."

Daesung's eyes became visible. "Really? Thank you, thank you?"

"Seungri, you're failing the class. Youngbae and Daesung, you both have C's. This will bump you all up one letter grade at the most."

"What is it?" Youngbae asked eagerly.

 

 

"You have got to be kidding me," Seungri grumbled.

Seungri, Youngbae, Daesung, Seunghyun, and Jiyong were trudging through the woods. Youngbae led the way with a video camera in his hands.

"Why was I dragged along to this?" Seunghyun demanded from just behind Youngbae. "I don't even go to this school."

"We did not drag you, Choi Seunghyun," Seungri snapped. "We started to leave and you came with without saying a word."

"Shut up, human." Seunghyun was behind Youngbae, Daesung behind Seunghyun, Jiyong behind Daesung, and Seungri behind Jiyong.

"So basically," Youngbae narrated from the front of the line. "Seungri, Daesung, and I were assigned to make our psychology project and take a video of it for concrete proof. And so we're going to show you guys a psychology test, to see how different people respond to scary things."

"You're gonna have to edit this a lot, Youngbae," Seungri called up from the back. "I'm pretty sure we've bashed Mr. Park at least ten times."

"I love Mr. Park!" Daesung said genuinely. "No, I'm serious!"

"I do too, to be honest." Seungri sighed. "But I would rather have gotten a zero."

"This was a terrible idea," Seunghyun announced from the second place in line. "All of you know what's out here. Jiyong and I can only take so many Neozakians."

"Yeah well the three of us can't take any," Seungri said flatly. He wasn't in the mood for Seunghyun. "When are you going back to work, anyways?"

"I took the week off. Short notice."

Seungri rolled his eyes, and Jiyong chuckled.

"So what's the scary test gonna be, anyways?" Daesung asked with a nervous laugh. "And...we all don't have to participate, do we?"

"Of course we do," Youngbae replied. "We need a variety of test subjects. All the way from the fearless Seungri down to...you."

"But Youngbae," Daesung whined. "I'll scream and wake the space dragons."

Youngbae sighed. "I swear you're giving me white hair, Kang Daesung."

They reached the burnt ruins of Jiyong's old house and sat down in a circle in the middle of the lame excuse for a building. Youngbae pointed his flashlight up at his chin so that his eyes looked like empty eye sockets and instructed Jiyong to hold the video camera, across from him.

"Ah, this is scary," Daesung squeaked, grabbing Seungri's arm.

"So what are you going to do?" Seunghyun sounded bored. He sat between Jiyong and Seungri with his body protectively close to Jiyong, not aware of the giant wall he was being in Seungri's happiness.

"I think we should have a challenge," Youngbae said finally. "I was thinking about this on the walk here. One at a time, the three of us have to walk out, sit in the woods by themselves with the video camera for fifteen minutes, and then come back. They have to record their reactions and stuff. Simple."

"Can they take the flashlights?" Daesung asked.

"No. Jiyong and Seunghyun, you two can just stay here, unless you want to go out."

"The test is pitiful," Seunghyun said with a roll of his eyes that was visible even in the dark. "I won't waste my time with it."

Youngbae got to his feet and took the video camera from Jiyong. "I'll go first."

 

 

"Seunghyun," Seungri asked five minutes into Youngbae's experiment. "Why did the space dragons attack Youngbae?"

The oldest hyung jerked his head in his nephew's direction. "Jiyong has a few theories."

Seungri frowned slightly but didn't ask why Jiyong hadn't told him earlier.

"My guess was that they were using him to attract me into the woods," Jiyong said, looking at Seungri with apologetic eyes. "They probably researched me and found out the only person I really had long-term connections to at school was Dong Youngbae. Because he helped me and a

Please log in to read the full chapter