Flying Dragon

Fly, Dragon, Fly
Please log in to read the full chapter

Seungri wasn't really sure what he was expecting from life the next day.

The six of them - Seungri, Jiyong, Youngbae, Daesung, Seunghyun, and Seunghyun's alien lady friend - got into the car bright and early the next day. Supposedly Dara was only staying twenty minutes away from their hotel.

Oddly, the maknae was nervous to see the girl Jiyong had made love to. What if she was pretty? He had only seen some bits of parts last time. If she had a pretty face it wouldn't be okay.

They rode in thick silence. Daesung and Youngbae sat in the middle seat and Jiyong and Seungri rode behind them hand in hand, but none of them made direct eye contact. The eldest two occupied the front seats tensely.

It was terrifying. Seungri was terrified. He wanted to go home.

The residence that Dara was staying at happened to be a seemlingly ancient mansion in the middle of a weird cornfield. Bom had a map open in one hand and gave Seunghyun directions whenever needed, but other than that no talking went on.

They climbed out of the car several meters away from the house, hiding their vehicle under the protection of the oversized plants. The six of them crouched low to the ground and stood in a circle, waiting for Seunghyun to run through the plan.

"Here's the plan."

"I have to pee," Daesung whispered.

"The plan is," Seunghyun went on as if he hadn't spoken. "Bom will knock on the door and try to talk with her sister. This is Dara's grandma's house so Bom knows it better than the rest of us." He looked at her with something that Seungri could've sworn was admiration. "Unfortunately, we need her to distract her sister. I'm going to sneak into a back window once Bom has assured Dara isn't on that floor."

"Is it just Dara in the house?" Youngbae asked smartly.

"I doubt it," Bom said, stuffing her phone into a glamorous purse. "Chaelin and Minji are surely in there too."

"What are the rest of us going to do?" Seungri demanded. "Just sit out here until you two take care of everything?"

"Jiyong is coming with me because he can fight," Seunghyun said calmly. "You three are strapping yourselves in the rental car and staying there."

"Hell no," Youngbae said immediately, standing up defiantly as though to prove a point."

"Get down!" roared Seunghyun, kicking Youngbae's shin roughly so he flopped back under the protection of the corn. "Foolish humans. Now you see why we couldn't take you."

Seungri, Daesung, and Youngbae weren't sure how else to argue. Seungri had uncharacteristically thought about his reasoning, imagined Seunghyun's retorts, and held his tongue. Those were dangerous supernatural beings in that house. The three humans would probably die if they went in.

Of course, Seungri didn't want Jiyong going in there either, but at this point he had no choice.

 

 

Adrenaline rushed through Jiyong's body as he climbed onto his uncle's shoulders.

He wobbled only slightly as he stood upright, but soon enough he was level. The tips of his fingers could reach the bottom of the windowsill, barely, but he wasn't so sure he would be able to pull himself up anymore.

"Seunghyun," Jiyong ground out, groping desperately at the window sill. "Can you like...jump?"

His uncle obediently hopped.

"!" Jiyong hissed, barely snatching onto the ledge as his entire weight was suddenly hung from his fingers. ", , ..."

"Calm down," Seunghyun snapped, placing his palms gently under Jiyong's feet. "Jeesh, I should have gone first and dragged you up. I'll push, you'll pull."

"Yeah, yeah," Jiyong whimpered, attempting to haul himself up. With some impressive teamwork and a lot of shaky fingers, Jiyong was eventually able to climb onto the windowsill.

"Locked, I presume?" Seunghyun demanded.

"Yeah. I got this," Jiyong said, reaching into his back pocket for his pocket knife. "I'll just take it off. Bom's ready, right?"

"More than ready. Our time is probably limited."

"," Jiyong muttered for the umpteenth time. He flicked out the screw driver tool on his pocket knife and started to try to budge the screws around the window.

"Hurry, Jiyong, and be careful on that tiny ledge."

"Yeah, yeah." His fingers were trembling profusely, but it didn't take too long before the screws were all out and he began wrestling the ancient glass out of the wall. "Why does this window even have screws?"

"That's a protective window they added, it's not the real one."

Sure enough, the real (obviously screwless) window sat behind Jiyong' pride.

"Should I break the glass?" Jiyong demanded, keeping a hold on the fake window just in case.

"Hmmm..." Seunghyun pondered for just a moment. "Yes, but only once you hear the front door break down. I'll be right there."

"Wait, Seunghyun!"

His uncle didn't say another word as he sprinted around to the front of the house.

"," Jiyong wailed into the real window, squinting into the dark room within. It was empty, thankfully, but there was no assurance that it would be forever.

It didn't take long for the loud sound of shattering glass to reach Jiyong's ears.

He immediately swung the protective window into the real glass, turning his face away as the window broke and glass went showering down onto the floor below.

In a single easy motion Jiyong was crouched behind a cabinet in the room he broke into, but he quickly decided it would be wiser to switch locations, fast. He raced down the hall and into the next empty room he could find, which was totally abandoned other than a single kitty-pool sized box in the center of the room. Jiyong flung it open and hopped in.

 

 

Seungri was out of the car and running as soon as he saw Seunghyun leave Jiyong alone.

"Crap," he growled as he saw his boyfriend topple in through the window. He was in. And now Seungri was out.

He turned and looked behind him at the car, but he found Daesung and Youngbae were sprinting side by side after him. "We're going in," Youngbae announced. "I want to see this girl get her kicked if I can't do it myself."

Seungri wasn't about to argue. Together they charged for the window that Jiyong had broken.

 

 

Seunghyun was cornered.

Chaelin wandered in an unsettlingly sultry circle around her sister, keeping those dark eyes fixed on Bom's tied up and struggling figure, while Minji stood with a handgun pointed straight at Seunghyun's skull.

"So, Choi Seunghyun," purred Chaelin, stopping to put a hand slowly on her own hip and raise an eyebrow. She was beautiful in a spooky sort of way, but Seunghyun was in no mood to admire her looks right now. The only thing he could do was wait for Jiyong to somehow make a move from the second floor guest room.

"I knew I'd be seeing you today," she went on, feathering her fingers over Bom's shoulder. Her nails were long enough to look as deadly as Minji's hand gun, and Seunghyun felt a jolt of fear with this demonic girl so close to Bom. His Bom.

"Cut the dramatic lecture, Chaelin," Seunghyun said flatly. "Where's Dara?"

The obnoxious sound of furniture crashing to the ground suddenly floated downstairs from the second floor, and Chaelin turned to glare at Seunghyun with narrowed eyes. "What was that?"

"I don't know," he responded calmly. Those idiot humans. He knew they wouldn't be able to keep their asses still in the car.

"Keep Seunghyun right there," Chaelin said to her sister and went to march up the stairs, her hips swaying all the while.

 

 

Seungri's nose was pressed violently into the wooden floorboards as both Youngbae and Daesung tumbled on top of his horizontal landing position.

Daesung and Youngbae rolled around like apples for a few seconds, pushing each other off of Seungri, until they were all frozen and silenced by the sound of heels clicking in the hall.

Seungri and Youngbae stared at each other with horror.

"Hide," Youngbae hissed, diving behind a table, leaving his entire lower half completely visible.

Seungri and Daesung didn't even try. A woman came strolling into the room. She had pale brown hair that tumbled down to her hips. She wore a tight black dress and enough eyeliner to write a novel with. Most importantly, she held a short but deadly looking dagger not-so-innocently in one hand.

"Hello," Daesung said. "We're hungry and lost, do you have any food?"

Seungri and Youngbae both looked at Daesung like he had just pulled off a wig and turned out to be an alpaca.

"I don't believe a word coming out of your mouth," the woman breathed. "Where is your friend?"

"Okay, okay, I'll tell you," Daesung said, putting one hand dramatically on his chest. "He's behind the table."

The woman bared her teeth and flung the dagger straight at Daesung's chest.

Seungri yelled and pulled Daesung down to the floor just as the knife left the woman's hand, and it spun with terrifying precision into the wall just where Daesung's chest had been level with.

"Crazy lady!" Daesung howled.

Youngbae didn't take a second longer. He kicked off the table like it was a diving board and smashed straight into the woman's face, sending them both crashing to the ground. Flames immediately kicked up and Youngbae went hurtling backwards, slapping his sleeves to put out the fire.

"Idiots,"

Please log in to read the full chapter