Long Arms

Fly, Dragon, Fly
Please log in to read the full chapter

This is a double update!!!! (Making up for my lack of posting over the past few days T.T sorry guys)

 

"Is this just an excuse to get out of school for the day?" Seungri demanded breathlessly as he helped his cousin to his feet.

"Nah," Youngbae said as he brushed off his jeans. "You're my little cousin and I'm looking out for you."

"My mom sent you, didn't she?"

Youngbae snorted. "Of course not. She practically leapt on me when I tried to leave. They're worried sick right now, buddy."

Seungri took in a shaky breath and smiled a little. "Thanks for sticking around, Youngbae."

His cousin just smirked and slapped his shoulder affectionately before turning to the rapper behind Seungri. "So where's...holy ."

Seunghyun gazed steadily at Youngbae's silently fangirling face. "Where's holy ?"

"Er, my cousin is a big fan of yours, Seunghyun," Seungri explained quickly.

Seunghyun rolled his eyes. "This could slow us down a lot."

"No, you're right," Seungri agreed. "Youngbae, snap out of it. We have to find Jiyong."

"Right, right," Youngbae grumbled, rubbing his temples. "Where is the kid anyways?"

"I don't know," Seunghyun admitted. "I think the three of us should split up. I'm going into the woods by myself, because there's a Space Dragon base in here and you two would combust before you could say help. You two can search around your house, Seungri, to make sure he isn't hiding around there somewhere."

That was the longest speech Seungri had ever heard his hyung utter. "Wow. Well, okay. Youngbae, do you still have pegs on your bike?"

 

 

Seungri stood on the pegs of his cousin's bike with his hands on Youngbae's shoulders for support. The two of them zipped down the streets, staying under the shadow of the forest to remain unseen.

Seungri knew it wouldn't be too long before his mom found him. Surely she would be in her car by now. He fought the urge to yell at Youngbae to pedal faster - but if Dong Youngbae wasn't always trying his hardest, it wasn't Dong Youngbae. They weren't going any faster.

Youngbae hid his bike in a bush near Seungri's house and followed his cousin to the warzone. They hid side by side in the trees, watching the giant pile of rubble that had once been the place the maknae called home. There were around ten police cars and two fire trucks outside, and there was bright yellow caution tape wrapped all the way around the completely demolished building.

"He isn't here," Youngbae whispered. "If he's alive, he would have beat it as soon as the coppers showed up."

Seungri didn't respond, but he knew his cousin was right. If he was alive. The maknae hadn't permitted his mind to go that far yet.

"Where would he be?" Youngbae breathed, craning his neck to look closer at the house. "What burned your house? Jiyong or the Space Dragon?"

"My guess is both," Seungri said grimly, turning to look into the woods. "He's in here."

"What makes you think that?"

"Closest hiding place he could get to," Seungri explained shortly, climbing from his stealthy crouch position and jogging straight into the forest.

"Seungri, Choi Seunghyun told us to search the streets and he would take care of the woods," Youngbae reminded him. "We'll combust, remember?"

Seungri wobbled back and forth for a second, attempting to consider his priorites for a second and failing. "He won't be in the woods by your house, though. He'll be over here. Come on."

 

 

Jiyong clutched a too-small tree branch with all his might, barely balancing in an all black and brown camouflage outfit fifty feet up in the air. He knew it would be pretty much impossible for anybody to see him this high up, and the direction of the wind was in his favor if any of the Space Dragons tried to follow his scent from their base to the north. 

He was bleeding quite badly, more than he would have liked to let on. Most of the blood was from being torn up by that Space Dragon. It was the strongest one Jiyong had seen in a while, and it was harder to kill than anything he'd ever fought before. But the Space Dragon was dead and burning in less than twenty minutes, along with the bits of Jiyong's precious blood it had taken with it.

He had three parallel claw marks on his shoulder, running from its tip down to his heart. It was wide but not horribly deep. He was more worried about losing his blood to the Neozakians than dying.

Seungri would be safe. The Space Dragons wanted him, not Seungri.

Yet his crush's entire house was demolished and burned to the ground thanks to Jiyong. He had no idea how he was supposed to apologize for that, or much less get Seungri to keep on liking him. But he had bigger things on his mind.

The branch really was dangerously small. Jiyong didn't weigh much, but even he couldn't balance on an almost-twig forever.

He really didn't want to move, though. He felt like the entire branch would go crashing down and Jiyong would hit the ground, attracting every last Space Dragon snooping around in the area.

And so the

Please log in to read the full chapter