Chapter Twenty Four

Using Ice To Melt Ice

“They moved stores idiot.” She flicks my forehead and walks in the same store as them. “WHY THE SAME STORE?” I ask frustrated and nervous. “The store’s big.” She scolds me. Oh. Logical. She shake her head and walks off. I follow her and watch Eunji put stuff on L to see if it suits him. She wraps a scarf around his neck and he puts one around hers. “It looks nice on you. I’ll buy it for you.” He takes the scarf off and puts both on the scanning thingy. “Yah~ I’m supposed to buy.” She hands the card to the cashier. The cashier looks confused with the two and they bicker on who should buy it. She gets the scene and uses the guys card.

My girl frowns and L squishes her cheeks. You can’t touch her cheeks. Their MINES to touch. Not yours. “Hey.. Remember that time when you brought acorns in the house and Sungjong was so confused why you did.” He ruffled her hair. “How come they can talk about her brother like that, but I can’t?” I say through gritted teeth. “Because he known both when they were young. He’s been with both.. and yeah.” Hyo whispers in my ear. I scoff and turn to a clothes rack and search for nothing in particular.

 “L.Joe?” I hear a familiar voice call me and I turn up to see Eunji and L holding hands, looking at me. “Oh. Hey there~” I say, faking my mood. “What’re you doing here?” she smiles at me. I see L’s cold expression. “He was gonna help me choose what to wear to the party.” Hyo walks in. I’m so thankful she’s here right now. I nod along.

“What should I wear?” Hyo says to Eunji. “I’m not sure~ Maybe some high waisted shorts with a sleeveless button up?” she puts her finger to . “That’s nice.. but I actaully thought of this!” she shows a picture to Eunji. She smiles and then nods. “We’ll be leaving now. Right L.Joe?” she brings me back to earth. I nod and we all say our goodbyes.

 

L’s POV

He likes her. It’s cute. But,.. he has to know that I’m a part of her life. So he has to accept me also. I pull her into a back hug and snuggle in her shoulder and neck. I see L.Joe glaring at me and I just close my eyes. “What song comes to mind when you hear my name?” I ask, surprising that I just let it slip. “Hmm?” she hums. “Nothing.” I say and we hold hands while walking into a patio. There’s barely any people here and they all leave. Cool breeze. Fresh air. I love this place. “You’re My by Taeyang.” She smiles. “Bwoh? Why?” I ask tilting my head.

 

 

 “It’s a song for his girlfriend, but from me to you, it’s for being the best person ever. Helping me when I was struggling with grades, with Sungjong leaving, with boys. Anything, you were always there. You’d break your cold city boy image just to comfort me and always watched my back. So, I want to do the same to you. You & Sungjong both remind me of this song ^^” she smiles. “Then sing it to me.” I sit and she stands. Only one chair, really? What kind of mall.. I sigh. I pat my lap and she listens.

“Sing now~” I cooe in her ear while holding her waist.

“No way~” She smiles and shakes her head.

“Pllleeeaaassee~~ I’ll sing back to you what song you mean to me.” I compromise.

She pauses, “Okay ^^”

I sit and there’s a small silence before she starts.

 

Since some time ago.. I’ve been calling you first, more and more.

I already call you baby at the place you aren’t at.

It’s quite funny to me, too

You’re my chocolate, my sweetest chocolate. I really wanna have you~

You who is so sweet, I wanna have you, wanna have you.

So that you’ll be able to lean on me, So that you can feel a nice happiness.

I’ll give you my everything.

 

I always loved her voice, but I never knew she improved her singing by THIS much. Wow.

 

You’re my ice cream, my sweetest ice cream. I really wanna have you

You, who is so sweet. I really wanna have you, wanna have you

.

I sing along for the last two verses.

 

The one who gave me the gift of love, that’s you

The one person who gave me that dazzling love. That’s what you are

You’re my candy a lollipop candy

I really wanna kiss you, I really wanna have you..

“Your voice grew incredibly well Eunji-ah~” I hug her and we get up. “Mm..” She grows silent. “What’s wrong?” I wrap my arms around her. “Oppa.. Last year .. Sungjong oppa sent me a disc of him singing. I was happy and all.. but there was always a part of me that was frustrated that he didn’t see me or let me talk back to him. I sang because of him.” She says quietly. I nod and that’s all I can do. We walk around before arriving at a food stand.

“Remember that time when you thought Sungjong was dead because he wouldn’t get up? You cried and he bought you ice cream afterwards.” I inhale sharply, “then you made him buy you extra ice cream afterwards. You really were a princess.” I laugh. She laughs and playfully slaps my arm. “I miss him~” She smiles. I nod. “Oppa..” she says inaudibly. “Hmm.” I hum. “How did you know that story? I mean, I didn’t tell you and oppa didn’t.” She questions me. “Sungjong..” he was connected to me by an ear piece and occasionally told me what to do or say.

 “He told me.” I nod to myself. “Oh.” She sighs. “Why? Are you disappointed?” I ask. “Hug her.” I hear Sungjong say and I do. “Ani.. It’s just that I miss him. I finally thought over my feelings. I realized that he wasn’t being selfish in that idea. He was being logical. He was being protective in his sense. I love him. I always will.. it’s just.. I can’t let the fact go that he left me, you know? I would, but I didn’t because I loved him.. now I wonder if he still loves me.” She says softly. “Of course he loves you.” I repeat Sungjong gently.

 “Then why doesn’t he visit me? Why doesn’t he show me?” I see her on the verge of tears. “Kiss her forehead and say ‘I promise that he’ll show himself someday’.” I hear Sungjong say. I nod. I kiss her forehead and bring her head up. “I promise that he’ll show himself someday.” I smile at her. She frowns, “Don’t make such promises.” That’s exactly what Sungjong said before he left. Even Sungjong was shocked by the memory.. How does she remember..