Chapter Twelve

Using Ice To Melt Ice

Your POV

We arrived a few minutes ago and I’m waiting for my delicious drink to reach my hands. I used to get an Americano.. but that was with Sungjong. After he left, I never drank it again. Anyways. I look around and see everyone shoving L.Joe and snickering. “Hyung just go~” Changjo sang. “I don’t like her.” L.Joe returns distantly. “Then I guess I can hold her hand~” Niel stuck his tongue out. I laugh in the corner and everyone stares at me.

“YOU HEARD OUR CONVERSATION?!” L.Joe questions me with panic. “Only Niel~” I smile, lying. They all sigh in relief. “Wae? Does it matter?” I looked confused. They all shook their heads and I roll my eyes. “Okinawa Bubble Tea and Americano Espresso!” the ahjumma calls from the counter. I get my drink and see another person getting theirs. I’m about to look at him but he runs off. Guess I scare him easily..

L.Joe’s POV

I’m really really happy that she didn’t hear. “Hyung~” The three younger ones chimed. I stare at them and they smirk. “We know Eunji’s ideal type.. do you??” the say in chorus. I look at them in disbelief and scoff, “I don’t need to know her ideal type. I don’t fit anyone’s ideal, they fit mines or they’re out.” I have pride. A LOT of ego. They all laugh and joke to themselves. I turn to CAP who seems engrossed in something else. I turn my attention to his attention. I see Eunji with another guy. They seem happy..? “As if she was..” I mutter and I see how amused CAP is. “You don’t like seeing her happy?” he asks like it’s a rhetorical question.

 “I am. He’s not her type though.” I say eyeing the boy. “And how would you know that??” The three cut in. “Why does it matter??” Chunji smirks. “Go away.” I mutter. They all laugh and I see the boy ruffle her hair. He bows and leaves with a wave. “Bye Eunji!~ I’ll see you on Wednesday! DONT FORGET!” he shows a charming smile. Ha. Like he’s a school kingka. He thinks he can just talk to her and get her under his arm in three seconds huh? I bet I can get waaayyy more girls that he can. I can probably court Eunji faster than him. “Bye oppa!~ Don’t worry!~ Text me on Tuesday to remind me!” I hear her holler. “Oppa?!” I say aloud and everyone looks at me. My eyes widen.. to like (0.0).

“That’s my friend L ... Well, Sungjong’s too, since... first grade?” she thinks. “Oh.” Is all I manage to say. My face is red and I feel it. It’s warming me up, not my body heat. “HYUNG ARE YOU J-E-A-L-O-U-S? ARE YOU? ARE YOU?” Ricky laughs. “Who she chooses to date is not my opinion.” I say prideful. “DATE?! HAHAHAHAHA. We’re just hanging out, reunited~.” She says laughing.

I let go of all the tension held in me; I didn’t notice it until now. “We better head to the mall!~” Hyorin swipes Eunji away and I see them leave on motorcycles.. She’s pretty when she smiles..

WAIT.

 

DID I CALL HER PRETTY?

 

&WHAT?!

 

SHE’S ON A MOTORCYCLE??

I run my hand through my hair in frustration. “Yah, she still has an ideal type and I hear she sticks to it~~~” Changjo smirks. “Oh? Tell me about it.” I say still frustrated.