Chapter Twenty One

Using Ice To Melt Ice

 He keeps his head down, but he’s taller than me. “Neh?” he says rasp. “Are you okay?” I say, holding out a handkerchief. “You grew up well.” He bows and leaves. Who was that.... “Kaja~~~” Changjo ran to me. I nod and L.Joe was the farthest from me. I sigh and stand next to him. “What.” He says coldly. “What’s wrong?” “What’s wrong? Ha. Everything.” He says icy. I keep silent. I try to hug him but he pulls off. “L.Joe..” I start, but he shakes his head and puts in his ear phones. So immature. “Give him some time.” CAP gestures me. I sigh. Once we reach school, he walks away and we all separate, not really saying anything. What’s the point of me going when nothing’s gonna happen? I sigh and walk into my classroom. I sit and take out my phone seeing several messages from Infinite.

L: Hey, are you okay?

Me: Neh oppa!~ I’m drinking my bubble tea. Why whats up?

L: Did you talk to the person that was outside?

Me: Neh...

L: What’d you say?

Me: He looked like he was crying so I gave him my handkerchief and then he said I grew up well. I don’t get it. Why?

L: No reason. Just wondering.

Me: Oh..

L: See you Wednesday okay?

Me: Neh~ See you oppa!

L.Joe walks in and carelessly sits down. I sigh, debating what I should do. After having a war inside my head, I walk and sit in front of him. He seems amused for one second then turns cold the next.

 “Bwoh.”

 “Why’re you so cold to me all of a sudden?”

 “Why were you with your oppa?”

“Answer me first.”

“You answer first or you get no answer at all.”

 “I ran into him.”

“Because you’re careless.”

 “What?”

 He sighs, “Nothing.”

“L.Joe..” I start but he gets up.

“Hear me out will you?” I say annoyed. “You have exactly one minute. Starting... now.” He looks at the clock. “I went to get bubble tea because I didn’t get any yesterday and I ran into L and then the rest of Infinite. We sat down and you guys came in.” I say quickly, watching my time. “Then why was he hugging your waist?” He asked coldly. “He misses me. We lost contact for a while.. it’s been a year or two. & the girls were threatening me. It’s a sign to back off.” He nods and walks out. “Hey!” I yell and he pauses. “What.” He says blankly. “That’s it?” I say angrily. He nods and I scoff. Whatever.