Chapter Ten

Using Ice To Melt Ice

Your POV

*Three days later*

The last remaining period before lunch was a blur. “Canteen?” I hear Hyo behind me. I scoff, “As if.” “I don’t know,” she inhales sharply, “we can try something new.” I shake my head and walk off into the grass field. “YAH! WAIT UP AT LEAST.” She hollers before running after me. I groan and shake my head. “What’s the matter anyways?” she questions once getting up to me. I shrug, “everything’s been off lately..” I mumble while taking out my lunchbox. “Lee Eunji!” I hear from afar and look up. I see sweaty L.Joe panting towards me.

A ball a few feet away from me. I get up and pass the ball to him. “Thanks.” He smiles and I nod. After he leaves, I sit back down. “Woah. He SMILED at you!” Hyo fangirls. “So?” I grab a piece of rice with my chopsticks. “SO MAYBE HE’S BREAKING HIS COLD FOR YOU!” she screams. I put a piece of rice in to shut her up and she chokes on it for a second. I laugh. “YAH!” she’s about to hit my arm but I run away. “COME BACK HERE JERK!” she runs after me. “PABO!” I smile while running.

L.Joe’s POV

After I got the ball, I told my teammates I was tired and I sat down. Honestly? I wanted to stare at Eunji for a while. I want to see her releaxed at least once. I looked at them and hear Hyo scream something.. but I couldn’t make out what it was. I see them clearly. We aren’t that far apart. Then I see Hyo choking and Eunji laughing. EUNJI LAUGHING?! I was so shocked. SHE’S LAUGHING. I NEVER SEE HER INTERESTED OR ANYTHING. & NOW SHE’S... LAUGHING?! They chase after each other and I find myself smiling. “We know you like her, but can you hurry up so we can win this already?” Niel balances the ball on his foot. I bump into him, “I don’t like her.” I say coldly. “Yet you always manage to think of her.” He chimed. I roll my eyes. “As if.” I mutter.

Your POV

We finally stopped running and sat down. I burst out laughing again. “I can’t believe you Eunji!” she finally slapped me arm. I laugh more and sigh. “When was the last time I/you laughed like this?” we question at the same time. I shrug. “It’s been a while huh?” I say, dusting grass and everything else off.

I see five guys walking towards us and I immediately turn cold. Wait. Nope, there’s six. Teen Top. “Annyeonghasaeyo!~” Ricky chimed. I look at them

 

“I said she was cold idiot.” I hear him mutter. “We came to ask you something.” Niel says quietly as if I might punch him. My body language and face and voice show that I will. I sigh and criss cross my legs. I straighten my back and look at them.

 “What.” I say frostily. “Hyung you said she was nice.” Ricky pouted towards L.Joe. “I said she was cold idiot.” I hear him mutter. “We came to ask you something.” Niel says quietly as if I might punch him. My body language and face and voice show that I will. I sigh and criss cross my legs. I straighten my back and look at them.

“What is it?” Hyo questions, mimicking my body language. “You see, L.Joe here needs to get out and we don’t want to take him to a club. So.. we were wondering if you guys wanted to go to L.Joe’s house on Saturday to hang out with us?” C.A.P. asks afraid of my answer.

Hyo looks at me with big eyes as if she wants me to say yes. L.Joe’s eyes widen at the question & Changjo holds him from saying anything. “N-” “C’MON~~~~” I hear Ricky pout. I scoff. “You never know. I mean, think about all the things we can do. We can change a bit. Change isn’t bad~” Hyo nudges me. I shake my head.

“I’LL BUY YOU SOMETHING FROM THE COFFEE SHOP FOR A WEEK.” Niel yelps. CAP flicks his forehead & I stifle a laugh. “Would you really?” I look at Niel with piercing eyes. “Any time of the day or night each day for a week.” I say as a contract. He nods. “Fine. I’ll go.” I say lightly and they all cheer. L.Joe’s frozen & Hyo’s hugging me. 

“Ten in the morning don’t be late!” Chunji winks at me. I roll my eyes. Once they leave Hyo embraces me in a hug again. “OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH.” She repeats. “Can you not.” I mutter. Saturday’s in two days though..