four

It's Okay [EDITING]

A week had passed since the incident that had almost caused Baekhyun to lose his baby.

 

And yes, it had been a week too since the last time the brunet saw his lover.

 

The father of his baby didn’t come back home.

 

Each time he woke up, he’d cry because of the coldness that he felt beside him on his bed.

 

It used to be warm because of Jongdae’s presence.

 

But now the warmth was gone.

 

The hands that used to wrap around his body, make him feel safe, were now gone.

 

The man that he loved so dearly had left him.

 

The man that he trusted with his love had broken all his promises.

 

It was so hard for Baekhyun to get through his pregnancy all alone.

 

The morning sickness, the sudden cravings during the night and everything.

 

It was not easy for anyone to get through them even with the presence of their partner by their side.

 

But he had no one.

 

Baekhyun let out a deep sigh.

 

All that the brunet needed was Jongdae and only Jongdae. He didn’t ask for more.

 

He tried to contact Jongdae but he never succeeded.

 

“Is there any possibility that you’re now with that person named Minseok whom you’d mentioned before? Why did you do this to me? What did I ever do wrong?” Baekhyun murmured to himself, almost breaking into tears.

 

“I miss you, Kim Jongdae."

 

 

 

 

He laid himself on the bed that he used to share with Jongdae and grabbed the pillow, hugging it.

 

Baekhyun stared into thin air, with his mind wandering around his and Jongdae’s past memories of being together.

 

He started to sing..

 

‘I did my best, but I guess my best wasn’t good enough.

 

Cause here we are back where we are before.

 

Seems nothing ever changes, we’re back to being strangers.

 

Wondering if we ought to stay or head on out the door.’

 

 

Just Once.

 

It was his and Jongdae’s song.

 

 

They used to sing that song together on the same stage.

 

Since the both of them were really great singers, the teachers asked for them to perform on the stage during their school’s annual dinner.

 

Those were very happy and precious memories.

 

His eyes started to water at the sudden flashback of their memories.

 

With his right hand rubbing on his belly, he talked to his little unborn angel.

 

“Your dad loves you. Even though he never knows about your existence, I am hundred percent sure that he’ll love you so much. He doesn't neglect you and me or his responsibility... he just doesn't know.”

 

After that little talk with his baby, Baekhyun made his step to the bathroom to clean himself before heading to the kitchen to make some food.

 

 

---

 

 

“How do you feel today, Jongdae? Is it any better than before?”

 

Jongdae's eyes left the scenery outside the window as he turned his head to the direction the voice came from.

 

“I’m fine, Minseok. Better than yesterday,” he answered with a light smile forming on his lips.

 

“Good to hear that. Now, I’m going to make sure that you take your medicine and after that you can have some rest, okay?”

 

Jongdae nodded as a sign that he would follow what Minseok had told him and the said man made his way out of his room together with two nurses.

 

Yes, Jongdae was in the hospital. He had been in there for a week.

 

After he had collapsed in his office a week ago, Minseok had found him laid motionless at his place.

 

Luckily, Minseok, who happened to be Jongdae’s best friend, was also a doctor. He then took the unconscious man to the hospital where he’d worked at and treated him.

 

Being a faithful best friend, Minseok had never told anyone about his friend’s condition as the request of the latter himself.

 

MinSeok also knew about BaekHyun. He sometimes wanted to meet with that man and tell him everything that has happened to Jongdae, as he knew how much Jongdae needs BaekHyun's presence beside him during this hard time, but he just can’t.

 

 

 

 

 

“Please, MinSeok, don’t tell Baekhyun about this. I don’t want him to worry. If he knows about this, he’ll always cry. I don’t want that to happen.”

Jongdae begged MinSeok to not tell BaekHyun about his illness.

 

“But you do know that what you’re doing right now to him will hurt him more, right?”

MinSeok still insists.

 

“Yeah, I know. I know this so well. But with this, he’ll hate me and even after I’m no longer in this world he’ll not being sad.”

“I don’t think that-“ MinSeok was stopped by Jongdae’s words.

“Please, MinSeok, just help me with this one. Just assume that this is my last time asking favor from you. Don’t let anyone know about me- especially BaekHyun. Please, MinSeok, please.” He said with his eyes formed a little verge of tears.

 

With that, MinSeok agreed to Jongdae’s favor and tried his best to help his best friend with everything. As long as the latter was happy, then it’s fine for MinSeok.

 

 

 

After taking his medicine, Jongdae continued to look at outside the window, wondering.

Did he made the right decision?

He missed BaekHyun.

 

 

He started to sing to Just Once which is the song that he and the petite man always sang together.

 

 

‘I want to understand

Why it always comes back to goodbye

Why? Cant we get ourselves in hand

And admit to one another

We’re no good without each other.

Take the best and make it better, find a way to stay together’

 

 

 

Is there really no way for them to stay forever?

Jongdae didn’t know it himself.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N

Sorry for the super-duper boring chapter!

This is only as a filler tho. I’m sorry. /bow/

I don’t even know what I’d typed. Ugh.

Writer’s block. OTL

Sorry too for any errors! I didn’t do any proofread. Ehehe.

I am currently in my first week in college so I’m quite busy rn. So I can’t update as frequent as before SORRY. T__________________T

Stay with me readers!

I love you gais :*****

/ugly dance/