[Admitting Defeat]

You Never Know

- meanwhile

 
JongHyun set down his burger and looked at Krystal, "You've been looking really down today, what's wrong?"
Krystal shrugged her shoulders, sighing heavily; "Nana and I got into a fight."
"Nana?" JongHyun looked up, thinking; "Oh, Nana; the one dating Mir right?"
She nodded her head, fiddling with her food; "Mhm. I'm sure we'll get over this fight though. I mean, what friends don't fight; right?" Krystal faked a smile, taking a bite of her watermelon.
He nodded, "That's true." JongHyun held her hand from across the table, "What was it about though?"
"Nothing." Krystal quickly responded, it was better to just change subject; "So when's your party again?"
She's hiding something from me. JongHyun squeezed her hand a bit tighter, smiling; "You know you can tell me anything, after all; we are dating."
She bit on her bottom lip, it's not like she would be able to hide it from him forever; "She said that you really aren't the guy I think you are."
JongHyun narrowed her eyes, pretending to act confused; "What?"
"But I told her she's lying. I'm your girlfriend, I mean; I should know everything about you, right?" Krystal smiled.
He smiled back, "Of course you do. There's nothing in this world I would hide from you." Man, it's so easy to brain wash this girl.
She sighed, "I just wish that Nana would understand that I am old enough to realize what's right from wrong now."
"You know, if she's just gonna treat you like a baby; prove to her you're not." JongHyun let go of her hand, running his hands through his hair; God, it's fckn' hot.
Krystal narrowed her eyes, "What do you mean?"
JongHyun sat up in his seat, staring at her; "Don't be her friend. You don't deserve someone who treats you like this."
"Nana doesn't always treat me like this. She just thinks that she knows what's best for me. I love her and I don't think-"
"A true friend will respect your decisions. If she's not supporting you, why do you have to support her?" JongHyun cut her off, ending his statement.
Krystal sat up in her seat, a bit taken back; she never thought of things that way,  "Come to think of it, I think you're right."
He smirked, raising his hands up; "When am I not?" he joked.
She pinched his nose, "Oh don't rub it in, babo."
JongHyun smiled, as did she.
Even if he was faking this relationship, he couldn't deny how attracted he was to her. He leaned in, locking their lips together.
 
- meanwhile
 
"Ugh, where is he?" Nana kept dialling on her phone, but MinHo grabbed it out of her hand.
"He's right there." MinHo pointed over at Mir, smiling as he walked over.
Mir hugged Nana from behind, kissing the top of her head; with his arms still around her, he looked at MinHo; "Waddup bro?"
MinHo waved his hand, placing his hand out afterwards; "It's been awhile."
Mir finally let go of Nana, pounding his fist; "It really has! I guess this girl has been takin' up my time too much." he rolled his eyes, acting annoyed.
"Yah!" She smacked his arm, "Don't blame this relationship on me." Nana stuck her tongue out at him, even adding antler ears.
MinHo watched the two interract, he couldn't even lie; he was jealous.
Not jealous that Mir had Nana, but jealous of their relationship. He's slept with so many girls he's lost count, and none of them even meant sht to him. But when you looked at Nana and Mir, it's like no one else in their lives existed; except for them two.
"MinHo.." Nana held onto Mir's arms, but her eyes were fixed on something else.
MinHo waved his hands in her face, "What are you looking at?"
Mir turned MinHo around, and he saw something he really didn't want to see at the moment.
MinHo watched JongHyun and Krystal, kissing. He didn't wanna admit it, but he was jealous. More jealous than he has ever been. He turned back around, shrugging his shoulders; "I have no right to have an opinion."
"Yeah you do." Mir rolled his eyes, "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, own feelings. And yours, is obviously jealousy."
"And how would you know that?" MinHo stared down at Mir.
Mir smiled, poking his chest; "MinHo, I've known you for far too long. We may not be the best of friends, but the way you look at girls; is different once it's a different kind of girl."
MinHo sighed, he finally gave up. "Well it's not like any of it matters anyways. Clearly, Krystal's found a guy; and I'm in no position to ruin her happiness."
"Awuh!" Nana covered , getting butterflies; "I think that's about the sweetest thing I've ever heard you say."
He half smiled, shaking his head; "I think this is the first time I'm actually admitting defeat as well now too."
Mir punched his arm, "This is exactly why you're losing!"
"What?!" MinHo rubbed his arm, he never knew that Mir was that strong.
"It's not like they're engaged MinHo. It's never too late. If you like the girl, tell her; before it is." Mir raised his eye brows, smiling at the fact that Nana was nodding her head in approval.
Nana held onto Mir's arm, "And trust me. It'll hurt more when you don't take the chance, while you still have it."
MinHo turned to look at JongHyun and Krystal one more time, How does she not see through his lies?
 
- meanwhile
 
Kai and ChanYeol walked down the steps, everyone else already left and went to get ready at their place.
ChanYeol nudge Kai, pointing with his lips at the lonely TaeMin; "Bro, what's his deal?"
Kai looked at TaeMin, he sat there; playing video games with a bowl of chips and some soda cans surrounding him.
"It's a long story. I'll explain later." Kai scratched his head, throwing his sweat towel over his shoulder; ChanYeol tailing him.
"Boo!" Kai scared TaeMin, well; attempted to anyways, he was too into his video game.
TaeMin ignored him, just looking at the screen; "Do you need anything?"
Kai grabbed the remote, turning off the TV without hesitation.
"What the hell?!" TaeMin threw the control on the floor, turning around; "What do you want?"
Kai crossed his arms, "I want my brother back."
TaeMin narrowed his eyes, confused; "I'm right here..?"
"No!" Kai pushed his shoulders, ChanYeol jumping back scared; he hated when Kai began yelling.
TaeMin stood up from the couch, "Kai, don't you forget I'm the older brother in this family." he started to walk away, but Kai grabbed his wrist.
"TaeMin, one thing doesn't go your way; and you're letting it affect you like this? What the hell?" Kai let go of his hand, thankfully TaeMin stayed.
TaeMin turned around to face his dongsaeng, "Kai, you don't even understand me." he tried to hold back his tears, it was obvious by the way he hesitated; and his voice began to crack, "I was in LOVE with him. To not even get a response? That's the worst feeling in the world."
Kai looked at him in pain and agony, "TaeMin, I love you. You know I hate seeing you like this. Please don't let yourself fall apart. And remember, YOU'RE the one who told me this." he grabbed onto both of his shoulders, staring into his eyes; "Everything happens for a reason. You may not know why now, but it'll all put itself together in the future."
"Well what am I supposed to do?" TaeMin bit his bottom lip, he was a nervous wreck.
Kai forced a smile, "Come to dance practice with me and the guys. I know you haven't done this in awhile, and I already know you miss it." 
TaeMin looked at Kai, then at ChanYeol; who smiled and nodded his head. 
He sighed, "I guess I have.." TaeMin smiled, looking at Kai; "I'm so sorry."
"Don't be." Kai patted his shoulders, "Everyone has their rough moments in life, yours just happens to be now."
TaeMin smiled; giving his brother a long, loving hug. "Thank you Kai, thank you so much for never giving up on me."
 
- later on that night
 
MinHo sat in his room, eating some Ramen; doing some hard thinking.
The door opened up, Krystal walked through the door; pausing as MinHo just stared.
"Hey." MinHo let out. It was the first thing he's said to her in a long, long time.
Krystal looked down, but smiled back; "Hi." she set her coat on the hook, taking out her pony tail and letting her hair out loose.
He looked at her, MinHo, out of all the girls you could've fallen for; why her? "Are you hungry?" he took his bowl of Ramen and some chopsticks, holding them out in front of him.
"Ani." she smiled, "JongHyun actually took me out to eat today."
"Oh.." MinHo's head dropped, as did that smile; he placed his bowl back on the table, and continued to eat in silence.
Krystal watched him, Why does he look extra down today? "Hey, are you okay?"
MinHo turned back around, Krystal had a concern look on his face. Never in his life, has he felt so weak.
"No. I'm fine." MinHo flatly answered, eating some more.
She sighed, "JongHyun told me about what happened between you and TaeMin.."
"How the fck did he find out?" MinHo snapped.
Krystal looked at him confused, "You don't need to swear okay? Everyone's starting to find out. You are 'Mr. Popular' aren't you?"
MinHo stood up at his desk, "Where's JongHyun right now?"
She stood up as well, "It doesn't matter. I'm trying to help you, why do you have to blame everything on JongHyun?"
"How are you so blind?!" MinHo screamed, not realizing what he said; until afterwards.
"Excuse me?" Krystal walked towards him.
MinHo shook his head, looking back at her after a couple seconds; "You know what? I give up. That's right. I'm admitting defeat. Because if you're not noticing now, when will you ever?"
"What the hell are you talk-"
And to both of their surprise, MinHo cut her off; with a kiss to the lips.
MinHo held onto Krystal's face, her eyes wide open; frozen.
She finally snapped back to reality, pushing him off her body; "What was that?!"
He shook his head, running his hands through his hair; "You know, when I saw you that first day; I thought you'd just be some other girl. But you changed my life. I tried so hard to get your attention, so hard to get you under my spell so I could play your heart; just like everyone else. But never in my life, have I been in such a mess. Just when I thought you would lose this battle, I did. I guess it's true. First person to fall in love, loses. And honestly, I wish you never came into my life. I wouldn't be here, wasting my time yelling at the girl I first fell in love with. And for the first time in my life, I think I finally gave up."
Krystal didn't know what to do, what to say, or even what to feel. "MinHo-"
She spoke again, only to get cut off.
"I'll be out for awhile." MinHo grabbed his coat, slamming the door as he left.
Krystal wanted to follow him, but she let him go; and let those tears fall.
 
- meanwhile
 
"Hey, can you pass me a water bottle?" Key pointed with his lips, too lazy to get up from his bed as he scrolled through channels.
JongHyun got up, tossing one over; "Here." 
"Thanks." Key caught it, taking a long gulp; "Refreshing."
Something about this dude is so weird. "Hey, I have a question." JongHyun sat on his bed, legs crossed.
Key turned off the TV, giving his full attention to JongHyun; "What?"
"Are you gay?" When JongHyun needed to know something, he would never hesitate to ask.
Key smiled, "I'm biual, thank you very much."
JongHyun narrowed his eyes, a bit surprised by his straight forward answer; "How do you know if you're gay or not?"
"Are you saying you're gay?" Key smirked.
He shook his head, "Ani, ani. I just need some signs, for a certain person."
"Why don't you just leave MinHo alone?" Key narrowed his eyes, becoming quite irritated.
JongHyun raised his eye brows, "How'd you know I'm talking about MinHo?"
"Do I look fckn' stupid? MinHo's been talked about ever since I got here, and especially more 'cause of what happened. I know the only reason people found out about that kiss, was 'cause of your punk ." Key said everything in one breath, waiting for JongHyun to speak.
"Who the fck do you think you are?" JongHyun snapped.
Key sat up straight, smiling wide; "I'm Kim KiBum, you're Kim JongHyun; way to steal my last name." 
JongHyun looked at him, "First off, I'm older than you; so you stole my last name, btch. And secondly, why do you think you know me so well?"
"If you haven't noticed, which clearly you haven't; my first impressions usually lasts. I'm good with figuring people out, knowing what they're like; just from one simple conversation." Key looked at his nails as he spoke, not bothering to look at him.
JongHyun stared at him, not knowing exactly how to feel; "What are you trying to say?"
"You really are slow, aren't you?" Key stood up from his bed, sitting on the other side of JongHyun's; "You try and make it look like your friends with MinHo, but really; you just wanna take advantage of him. You're not the innocent 'boy next door', in fact; you're worse than MinHo ever was with girls."
JongHyun slowly backed away, in shock; "You know, you gay tard; you're starting to creep me out."
Key let out a little laugh, "Surprised you didn't start getting creeped out earlier." he rolled his eyes, moving back to his bed; falling asleep like a little baby.
"What the hell is all this?" JongHyun looked at Key, I'm not letting my plans be ruined by some ignorant fck..
 
 
 
 
- Comment Replies:
 
 
sherlocklove; I love MinStal as well.
 
 
 
MinstalMinstal; I'll try my best. And you're welcome. Yes, MinStal is the best.
 
 
 
Yayacute; Yes, MinStal FTW.
 
 
 
kakatiny; Thank you.
 
 
 
 
 
 
- Well there you guys go!
It's finally Summer vacation, so I should be able to update more frequently.
Hopefully.
Ah, aish; xD
Well, please comment and subscribe!
Means a bunch to me.