[Picking Up the Pieces]

You Never Know

Recap: MinStal had for the first time. The next morning, Krystal gave MinHo her actual gift; which was a knot blanket along with concert tickets and tickets to a basketball game. When they got home, Se Kyung was there to talk about letting JongHyun graduate that year because she seen how much he’s changed. She also spoke about how close JongHyun and Key were becoming. MinHo and Krystal were pretty open minded about the situation. Kris is scared to face his fears, but Kai is talking him into speaking with his siblings.

 

- meanwhile -

“Literally what.” Key stared at the TV, blankest stare to ever be seen on a human’s face.
JongHyun laughed, not at the screen; but at Key’s reaction. 
Jihae was sitting on the floor in front of them, laughing at every little thing that was happening. Yo Gabba Gabba was probably one of the weirdest shows known to date.
Key narrowed his eyes, “There’s a party in his tummy and it makes me want to throw up.”
JongHyun rolled his eyes, “It’s a show for little kids, lighten up.”
“Imma go lighten up in the kitchen.” Key stood up, making his way to go get some snacks.
“I’m right with ya.” JongHyun followed behind, double checking to see if Jihae was following behind as well. She wasn’t.
Key blushed, “Why’d you come with?”
Before JongHyun answered, he gave Key a quick peck to the nose; “You’re so cute.”
“Yah!” Key punched his arm, rubbing his nose; “That’s it?”
JongHyun looked behind him once again, leaning in, completely focused on his lips.
Key put his hands on his shoulders, leaning in to touch his lips with his.
JongHyun held onto Key’s fragile neck. He was slender in every possible way that sometimes he himself forgot that he was a boy.
Key pulled away, letting go of JongHyun. He wiped his lips, smirking, “You don’t want Jihae to walk in on this.”
“That’s true.” JongHyun let out, sighing, “She wouldn’t understand.”
“Have you told her about how you’re moving?” Key asked him seriously.
JongHyun nodded his head, “She’s young, but she understands. That’s something I really love about Jihae.”
Key smiled, “You’re lucky that Se Kyung raised your daughter good, even if you weren’t there during the times she really needed you.”
JongHyun shook his head, “I can’t believe how much of a douche bag I was before.” He leaned on the counter table, just thinking.
Key touched his shoulder, giving him an assuring smile; “People change everyday, and I’m glad you did.” He paused, “I never thought I’d be in this position today.”
“And you think I did?” JongHyun laughed, causing Key to laugh as well; “I never thought a boy like you would be the one to make me feel this kind of way.”
“What’s that supposed to mean?” Key pouted, crossing his arms over his chest; “What kind of boy am I?”
JongHyun looked at him from head to toe, “Well first off, you’re not really a; boy per say.”
Key glared at him, rolling his eyes and walking away; “Fck off.”
JongHyun knew he was joking, he laughed; watching as he took his sassy self back into the living room with Jihae.

- meanwhile -

“So you’re saying that you guys would be okay with JongHyun graduating?” MinHo’s father sat on the couch opposite of MinStal, just listening to their proposal.
MinHo looked at Krystal, who just had a blank stare on her face. “JongHyun hasn’t done anything to harm anyone since then and I mean dad, you know that I still care for JongHyun no matter what.”
His father touched his chin, leaning forward; “Krystal? Can I hear your opinion on this?”
Krystal stared, and gave a soft smile. “I’m one who believes in forgiveness.” She said, “Judging from what Se Kyung said, he’s actually making an effort. He’s being the father his daughter needs, and he’s even taking extra courses online to make up for the time he’s missed.”
“Is that so?” Mr. Choi nodded his head, “I will have a talk with the school board about this and get back to you guys by next week.” He said, “But, even though I may have a reason to strongly dislike JongHyun, he was always like a son to me.”
MinHo smiled, “Thanks dad.”
“Thank you Mr. Choi.” Krystal smiled as well.
MinHo’s dad chuckled, “I’m surprised you haven’t started calling me ‘appa’ yet or something.” He joked.
Amber came walking into the room, carrying a whole bunch of snacks for them to eat; “Dad, you always tell MinHo’s girlfriends to call you ‘appa’.”
He reached over and grabbed a water bottle, taking a quick sip; “But so far, Krystal’s the only girlfriend that I can see marrying MinHo.”
“Dad.” MinHo whined, scratching his head; a little bit embarrassed.
Krystal looked down, blushing; and looked back up, “I really appreciate it.”
Amber touched Krystal’s shoulder, “You may think he’s bull shtting you, but he’s really never said that to anyone before; so you better feel lucky.”
She smiled at her, “Of course I feel lucky.” Krystal turned to look at MinHo, “I feel lucky every day.”
MinHo squeezed her hand as it laid in his palm, “I love you.” He mouthed.
Their father stared at Amber, and vice versa, they smiled at each other.
“Ya’ll are just too cute.” MinHo’s dad squeezed MinHo’s cheek, he loved making him feel like a little boy.
“Dad.” MinHo said, “You’re forcing it today.”
MinHo’s father gave them both a huge smile, “Remember to take things slow. That’s something I wish I did when I was your guys’ age. Sometimes I wish I was able to take my ity back as well.”
After MinHo heard “ity”, he started coughing; nearly choking.
Amber burst out laughing, because she knew exactly why he reacted like that. She rolled her eyes, laughing some more at MinStal.

- meanwhile -

“Are you sure about this?” ChanYeol touched Kris’s shoulder for assurance, “I just want to make sure that you’re feeling one hundred percent about what you’re about to do.”
Kris breathed in deeply, nodding his head and looking at ChanYeol with a smile; “I’m determined to fix things with my whole family.”
ChanYeol smiled at him, he’s been waiting for that moment in forever; and now it’s finally there. He let go of Kris’s shoulder, taking a step back; “I’m gonna let you go. Just call me if you need anything, I’ll always be here for you.”
Kris smiled at him again, nodding his head to tell him he could leave; and he did just that.
Once ChanYeol was out of sight, Kris took another deep breath; staring at the door in front of him. The door to Jessica’s room.
Kris, you came here for a reason. Now make it count. He hesitated to knock, but did so slowly.
“Coming.” Jessica’s voice called from the other side. She opened up the door, “Who is-“ she started, “Oh, Kris..” Jessica took a step to the side, “Come in.”
“Thanks.” Kris walked inside, just looking around her room.
She looked outside into the halls to make sure no one saw, and quickly shut the door. She turned around to face him and crossed her arms over her chest, “Is there something you wanted to say or?”
Sassiness already begins.. “I think we have to tell Krystal and YoonA.” Kris said right away.
Jessica narrowed her eyes, scoffing; “What’s the point?”
“How long are you planning to keep this ‘I don’t know who you are’ act?” Kris questioned, “No matter what you say or do, they’re gonna be our own flesh and blood Jessica.”
She rolled her eyes, “I can’t believe you’re tryna pick a fight right now. Just forget about it would ya? It’s better this way.” Jessica turned back around, holding onto the door knob; “Now lea-“ she started, but Kris cut her off again.
“Oh? It’s better this way?” Kris asked, “Then tell me why the hell are you fcking miserable and always blogging about how you wish you had a full family?”
Jessica’s eyes widened, she let go of the door; walking towards him, “How do you know that?”
Kris stood there, “It doesn’t even matter.” He said, “Jessica, it’s been like 10 years. I want to see mom again.”
“Then you can go see mom yourself.” Jessica looked down at the floor, clenching her fists to prevent herself from crying.
For the first time, Kris felt the dominance over Jessica. He knew she was hurting, but the only way she would get on his side is if he reminded her about how much she loved their family deep down. “Why are you still holding a grudge?” he took a step towards her, “What happened to the Jessica who always believed in second chances? What happened to the Jessica who loved life and everyone around her?” he took another step towards her, “What happened to my sister?”
After hearing that last question, she immediately started bawling; going straight into Kris’s arms.

- that night -

“You really did that?” JongHyun sat up on the couch, looking at Se Kyung in amazement.
She smiled at him, “Of course. You deserve it JongHyun.”
JongHyun sat there, staring at her; “I don’t even know how to thank you for that Se Kyung.”
Se Kyung giggled, “Little reminder, MinHo’s dad hasn’t approved it yet. He also has to talk to the school board about it as well.”
He gave her a thumbs up, “Honestly just the fact that you even talked to them about considering it is more than enough for me.”
She pursed her lips, thinking a bit; “There is something you could do in return though.”
“What is it?” JongHyun asked, “I promise I’ll do anything.”
Se Kyung smiled in satisfaction, “What’s going on between you and Key?”
JongHyun’s eyes widened, surprised that she even could’ve caught on; “Elaborate.”
She rolled her eyes, smirking; “Don’t try to play that confused card on me Kim JongHyun. I’ve known you for far too long now.”
He leaned back, smiling; “I really wish I knew where to even start.” JongHyun sighed.
“I’m really happy for you JongHyun.” Se Kyung smiled again, “Key seems to be a really great influence on you.”
JongHyun blushed a little bit, “I guess he just kinda grew on me.” He laughed, “It’s ironic how life is because I used to rib on any one who was gay. And now, look at me.”
Se Kyung looked at him in admiration, “Life comes with so many surprises. I guess Key was that surprise that ended up being something amazing in the end. He was able to put you in check when no other girl was.” She joked.
JongHyun rolled his eyes, “Shut up.”
“Hey, think about it this way. You can’t get Key pregnant now can you?” Se Kyung raised her eyebrows, cracking out another joke.
“You got jokes today huh?” JongHyun glared at her, about to say something; but Jihae came running down the stairs.
They both looked at her, “Everything okay Jihae?” they even asked in unison.
Jihae shook her head, smiling wide and her hair flowed as she moved; “Nothing at all.”
“Then what is it?” Se Kyung look at the time, “It’s already 10 o’ clock, you should be asleep now.”
Jihae sat on JongHyun’s lap, telling her mom to move over to the same couch; which she did.
Jihae smiled again, “I was going to sleep. But hearing the joy from you 2 get along and laugh is probably the best thing in the world.” She said in awe, “I couldn’t go to sleep through it.”
JongHyun and Se Kyung had the biggest smile on their faces, they were so blessed to have such a loving and caring daughter.
“I think this calls for a family hug.” JongHyun touched Se Kyung’s shoulder, pulling her in. 
They both squeezed Jihae, who loved every minute of it.

- the next day -

TaeMin decided to spend a day for himself for the first time in what seemed in forever. He chose to go to the mall, Sulli’s birthday was coming up; and he wanted to make it special for her.
Ever since he started to develop feelings for MinHo earlier, he never thought he was gonna be straight again. He smiled to himself, turns out all he needed was to open his eyes and realize that the girl who was for him; was right in front of his own eyes.
“Is there a smaller size of this?” TaeMin held up a light blue dress with white stripes, This would look so nice on her.
The lady smiled at him, looking at the tag on the dress; “Actually, there should be some in the back room. I’ll go check and be right back.”
TaeMin nodded his head, walking around some more. 
“So you had ?” YoonA asked, a little bit too loud.
TaeMin peaked his head over the rack of clothes, wanting to laugh when he recognized that voice. “YoonA, don’t embarrass Krystal in public.”
YoonA jumped, startled by TaeMin’s voice; as did Krystal.
Krystal laughed, rolling his eyes; “Literally where did you come from TaeMin?”
“I left the house earlier this morning because I kinda just wanted some time to think.” He pursed his lips, snapping his fingers; “What do girls like?”
YoonA smiled, “Is this for Sulli?” she teased.
TaeMin bit his bottom lip and blushed, “I really like her. She’s special.”
Krystal smiled as well, “I’m really happy that you’ve moved on from liking my boyfriend.”
TaeMin glared at her, “Don’t even bring that up.”
“Okay okay guys.” YoonA cut in between their little fake fight, “How about we go and get some lunch? YoonA is getting hungry.”
Krystal pointed at her, “Only if you pay.”
YoonA snarled, “I guess that’s what I get for being the eldest eh?”
“Noona!” TaeMin swayed back and forth, acting like a little baby.
YoonA rolled her eyes, squeezing his cheeks; “Aigo, you’re so precious.”
“Why is everyone at the mall today?” TaeMin asked out loud.
“Huh?” Krystal asked, turning around. JongHyun and Jihae were making their way towards them.
YoonA stared blankly, “Jihae’s so big now.”
Krystal smiled, “She’s so adorable. I’m really happy JongHyun’s raising her well.”

 

 

Will JongHyun be able to graduate?

Will Kris and Jessica be able to fix things with the whole group?

Find out in the upcoming chapters!

Please comment, vote up, subscribe, etc!

I LOVE YOU ALL! <3

 

PS: This is something I wish I didn't have to say, but I think it's better if you all know ahead of time.

This story is almost reaching it's end.

I've had my ups and down with this story, and trust me; I have no regrets writing it at all.

Honestly, this is the first story of mine where I actually wrote about every little thing I wanted to.

You guys have been the best subscribers and I really could not thank you guys enough.

There will be a couple or so chapters left, not quite sure yet, but don't expect for much more to happen.

I really hope you guys understand, I still have other stories out though!

So please, don't give up on this story just yet.

I really hope you all understand.

 

Here are links to my other two stories that I'm currently still writing:

 

- Part Time Nerd, Night Time e - [M] 

Main Couple(s): TaecYoon (TaecYeon/YoonA), MinStal (MinHo/Krystal), ChanYul (ChanSung/Yuri)

Storyline: YoonA is your typical smart, quiet girl by day. But at night, she plays Seoul's #1 e with the identity Alexis Lee. Her best friend is Krystal, another e, who's adoptive father actually owns the club. Their manager is Yuri, who is an independent girl who could care less about guys; until she meets a certain person. You'll be able to watch how their lives change when they all cross paths. How they mature, how they fall in love, and most importantly; how they deal with all the hardships life gives them.

 

- I'm Not Perfect -

Main Couple(s): JJ Couple (JB/JiYeon), MyungStal (MyungSoo/Krystal), JR/Yeon Joo.

Storyline: JiYeon is a famous actress and member of the girl group T-ara. For her new drama with Lee Hyun Woo, she must learn how it feels to be a regular high schooler; so she enrolls to a regular public high school. There, she encounters many of her haters; such as Krystal, who is mainly bitter because JB is giving JiYeon all his attention. JB tries to win JiYeon's heart, but in secrecy. You'll be able to find out the problems of having secrets, falling for your closest friends, and the test of faithfulness.