[We're Getting There]

You Never Know

- Recap; The mystery girl ended up being YoonA. DongHae's best friend and Krystal's older sister. Jessica finally said her true feelings, saying that DongHae had to either choose her; or his friends. He ended up choosing YoonA over Jessica. Krystal charged into Mir's dorm, causing a physical fight between Nana and her. She didn't even let her talk. But after Mir split them up, Krystal left. TaeMin decided to go back to the dorm in a couple days or so. And for Summer vacation, him and Kai; along with a couple friends, will take a trip to Seoul. JongHyun visited MinHo in the hospital, only to try to make him mad. But, it went the opposite direction. MinHo reminded JongHyun of Jihae, JongHyun's daughter; who is already turning 4. JongHyun doesn't plan on telling Krystal. YoonA found Krystal crying, and comforted her with everything she had; and had her speak. She said, that her heart only calls and beats for one person; and that person is MinHo. - 

 
DongHae looked at the doorknob to his own dorm before he opened it, because he knew something was gonna be wrong. 
Right when he walked in, Jessica turned around; her luggage spread over the bed, clothes out of the drawers.
"You're leaving already?" DongHae asked.
Jessica turned back around, folding more clothes; "There's no reason for me to stay."
He closed the door behind him, leaning on it; "I'm sorry this had to end like this."
She turned around, just looking at him; "Sorry? Are you really even sorry?"
"Jessica, you know my feelings for you were true. I was sincere. I loved you. I fought for you and-"
Jessica cut him off midsentence, "I guess I wasn't worth to put up a longer fight though." she bit her bottom lip, fighting back tears.
DongHae knew Jessica was trying to stop herself from crying, and if there was something he hated; was that he knew it. He walked over to her, and gave her a tight hug.
She closed her eyes, crying on his shoulder; but she didn't let go. Jessica loved DongHae too much to lose the friendship they built up.
He pulled away, still holding onto her arms; looking into her eyes, "Jessica, look at me."
Jessica breathed in and out, slowly making eye contact with him.
"Just because you and I aren't together anymore, doesn't mean I don't care about you just as much." DongHae told her.
She nodded her head, half smiling.
"And please don't think I broke up with you just because of YoonA. She really has nothing to do with this." DongHae looked at her.
Jessica looked back at him, smiling; "I know. But she really has one gorgeous face. And she seems like a great girl. Please treat her like how you treated me, a pretty little princess." she laughed.
DongHae smiled, moving strands of hair out of her face; "Your wish is my command."
"DongHae, you're really something special." Jessica wiped her face, trying to get rid of her tears; fixing her makeup as well.
He grabbed her hands, pulling out a hankerchief in his back pocket and just wiped her tears himself; "I hope I'm the last guy to make you cry."
Jessica couldn't help but smile, even if her and DongHae may not be together anymore; he really was the best guy any girl could ever have.
"Seriously? That's so weird." HyoYeon laughed, walking in on HaeSica; she paused, "Are we interrupting something?"
DongHae turned around, looking at Jessica; shaking his head, "Actually, there's something you both should know."
Hyuk looked at DongHae, frozen; "Don't tell me you 2 are engaged."
With that being said, DongHae and Jessica began laughing; "Actually, the complete opposite." Jessica responded.
"Why are your clothes out?" HyoYeon pointed at the luggage and clothes.
Jessica looked at DongHae, then at the 2; "DongHae and I broke up."
"THANK THE LORD!" Hyuk got on his knees, screaming in happiness.
HyoYeon pulled him up, "Grow up." she rolled her eyes, looking back at Jessica; "Does that mean we're going back?"
Jessica shook her head, "I thought we were. But, we talked things through; and we'll stay for one more week like planned."
Hyuk snarled, "Aish." he mumbled under his breath.
HyoYeon smiled at the 2, "I'm honestly surprised you guys are still friends, that hardly happens between exes."
"Jessica has always been one of my best friends, nothing will change that." DongHae put his arm around Jessica's shoulders, she looked up at him and smiled.
Hyuk ran into the bathroom, pretending to make puke noises.
"Try to piss me off all you want, I'm not gonna argue anymore." Jessica smirked, knowing it would make him shut up.
DongHae looked down at Jessica, smiling; She deserves the best the world can offer.
 
- the next day
 
TaeMin picked up the last of his bags, looking at his old bedroom one more time; "I'll be back soon."
"Please make it quick." 
TaeMin turned around, smiling at Luhan standing by the door with a huge pout.
He smiled back at TaeMin, "It I didn't get to spend too much time with you."
"It really does." TaeMin ruffled his hair, smirking; "But feel free to visit. Our school is totally okay with that. And I'm sure I'll be back sooner or later."
Luhan pulled him in a huge hug, "I'll always be a call away."
TaeMin smiled down at him, letting go; and started walking down the stairs, "Of course! You're the only friend of Kai's that I have on speed dial."
"Damn, I feel special." Luhan smirked, he looked past the stairs; giving Tao a thumbs up.
Tao ran into the kitchen, "He's coming downstairs."
Kai ran over to the stairs, "Let me help you bro." grabbing some of his luggage and set it down in the living room.
TaeMin narrowed his eyes, a bit confused; "You never like helping me."
Kai just looked at him, "Uh, it is your last day; why not?" he smiled.
ChanYeol poked BaekHyunl's head, "Yah, you took some frosting off the cake didn't you?"
"No.." BaekHyun looked down, blushing a bit.
ChanYeol smacked his arm, "You weren't supposed to eat any befor-"
"What is this?" TaeMin smiled wide; looking at the balloons, cake, and food all over the kitchen table.
All the EXO members exchanged awkward glances, not realizing TaeMin had already walked in.
Tao stepped forward, throwing on a cheesy smile; "Surprise!?" he yelled out.
Kai scratched his head, "I knew these guys wouldn't do it right."
TaeMin turned to Kai, "You did this?"
"Of course." Kai looked at him, "Sure, it didn't end up how it was supposed to; but I love you bro, you know that."
Luhan stepped forward, standing in front of the rest of the guys; "We all love you TaeMin. And even if your stay was only for a bit, it was nice to see that little feminine self of yours."
"You're one to talk!" TaeMin laughed, pointing at Luhan. He sighed, smiling at all of them; "I will miss you guys, I hope you all know that."
ChanYeol jumped up and down, smiling that wide smile; "HAPPY VIRUS SAYS GROUP HUG!"
Everyone laughed, pulling one another into a group hug.
Kris picked up the cake, holding it out in front of TaeMin; "Your brother here had this specially made."
"You're a pain in the .. but we'll miss you anyways." TaeMin read the cake outloud, glaring at Kai afterwards.
D.O. nodded his head, pursing his lips; looking at Chen. Chen did the same, looking at Kai. 1, 2-
Right on 3, Kai smashed TaeMin's face straight into the cake; causing the entire room to erupt in laughter.
"WHAT?!" TaeMin slowly pulled his face out of the cake, looking around for Kai; he faked a smile, "Awuh, Kai; come here." he opened up his arms, waiting for him to give him a hug.
Kai stuck out his tongue and began running, "Done with love hyung, DONE WITH LOVE!"
TaeMin rolled his eyes and began chasing him, causing everyone to go crazy.
Lay grabbed some streamers, throwing them in the air.
XiuMin blew up some more balloons, but filled them with water this time.
SeHun started throwing food.
The entire house started to become a mess, and none of them cared.
 
- meanwhile
 
Krystal yawned, slowly getting up from her bed; she woke up to noises being made, quickly remembering that YoonA was now staying in her dorm for a week or so. "What are you doing? " she asked.
YoonA turned around, smiling; "I'm cooking you breakfast, duh."
"Eggs and bacon?" Krystal sat up, looking over at YoonA.
She turned around, waving the spatula; "Yes, eggs and BaekHyun." she smirked.
Krystal glared at her, "That name shall never be mentioned again."
YoonA laughed, "But why not? He was your first crush, remember?!"
"YES. How can I forget when you always remind me?" Krystal hugged a pillow, sticking her tongue out at her.
YoonA tapped her chin, "He was quite handsome wasn't he? But, the cutest one is definitely-"
"Kai."
Both of them said at the same time, laughing; "It they transferred after the first year in high school, they would've become insanely popular."
Krystal nodded her head in agreement, "But anyways, YoonA; can I ask for a favor?"
She smiled, "Of course, what is it?"
Krystal bit her bottom lip, looking up at her; "Today is MinHo's last day at the hospital, and I want you to meet him."
YoonA stared at her for a bit, "This is the first time you ever wanted me to meet one of your guy friends.."
"It's because MinHo's special. I like him, a lot. But I want you to like him too. And the only way that'll happen, is if you talk to him." Krystal looked at her, hope in her eyes.
YoonA smiled, "Of course I'll talk to him. But, what are you going to do about this whole JongHyun situation?"
Krystal nodded her head, "This is why this is perfect. I'll leave you and MinHo for a bit, which gives me enough time to go to JongHyun's dorm; and end things, before anything else gets found out."
YoonA nodded her head, "I'm proud of you. But, how about Nana?" she wondered.
"I'm pretty sure Nana doesn't want to talk to me at the moment. Who can blame her though? I'll give her the time she needs, and when I think her and I are ready; I wanna fix things as soon as possible." Krystal sighed.
YoonA walked over to her, giving her a tight hug; "I'm proud of you for finally realizing your own mistakes."
"All thanks to you." Krystal hugged her back, smiling.
 
- at the hospital
 
Krystal knocked on MinHo's hospital door, holding a box of cookies; and after a couple seconds, Amber opened it; "Oh hey Stal!" she exclaimed, then she looked to her left, "New face?"
YoonA smiled, holding her hand out; "YoonA, Krystal's older sister. And you are..?"
"Amber." she smiled back, shaking her hand.
"Oh actually, I meant if you were a boy or a girl.." YoonA looked around, scratching her head.
Amber laughed, when most people would've gotten offended; "I'm a girl. 100%. MinHo's clothes are just so much more comfortable."
YoonA looked at her in shock, "MinHo?!"
Krystal facepalmed herself, "Unnie, this is MinHo's sister."
"Omo, I'm so sorry." YoonA felt her cheeks, she was turning beat red.
Amber rolled her eyes, laughing; "Here, you can come in; MinHo actually just woke up."
YoonA followed Krystal, looking at MinHo as he walked in.
Right when MinHo saw her, he smiled the biggest smile; "Hey Krystal."
"Hi MinHo." She smiled back, giving him a hug; and he just wouldn't let go.
"MinHo, let go of me!" Krystal giggled, trying to push herself off.
He laughed, finally letting go; but then he looked past Krystal's shoulders, "Who's she?" he asked.
Krystal grabbed YoonA's hand, pulling her by his bed; "This is my sister YoonA."
"Hi! All Krystal talks about is you. Sometimes I think she's just-"
"YOONA!" Krystal screamed from embarrassment.
MinHo smirked, "Oh really? How about you tell me more?"
"Aish." Krystal mumbled to herself, then looked back up; "Which is why I brought her here. She's my sister, and I want to know everything that happens in my life. So, when I come back; I hope you guys are like BFF's and stuff, ya hear?!" 
MinHo and YoonA looked at each other, not saying anything; but ended up laughing, "Where are you going though?" MinHo asked.
Krystal sighed, "I'm going to go.. end some things that should've been ended awhile ago."
He grabbed her hand, kissing it lightly; "Everything happens for a reason."
"And honestly, you're the reason I realized all of this." Krystal smiled again, never; has she felt so secure.
 
- later on -
 
JongHyun looked at Key in wonder, "I still don't believe your cheekbones are real."
Key turned around, looking back at JongHyun; "Why does it even matter if my cheekbones are real or not?"
"'Cause! It took me a long time enough to believe TaeMin's weren't. But yours, they're like chisseled to perfection. I swear, you're a woman." JongHyun said.
"And if I was?" Key turned back around, trying to get his contacts in; and a knock on the door was heard, "Go open that.
JongHyun got up, smiling when he saw Krystal; "Hey babe." he gave her a hug, realizing that she wasn't hugging back; he pulled away, "You okay?"
Krystal looked down, "We needa talk."
Key stood up, "I guess I'll go." he was about to leave, but JongHyun cut him off.
"No." JongHyun said, he knew that Krystal was going to break up with him; and he wasn't going to make it easy for her.
Key narrowed his eyes, "This seems to be an important talk, so I think it's better if-"
JongHyun cut him off once again, "If it's important, that means more people will know. So, you might as well just stay so you don't need to hear it from someone else."
Krystal looked at him, Is he doing this on purpose? then she turned towards Key, a bit uncomfortable. She wanted to tell him to leave, but they never really talked; so she didn't want to sound so rude.
"Just come inside." JongHyun held her hand, closing the door behind her; "What'd you want to talk about?"
Krystal looked at him blankly, not saying anything yet; still awkwarded out by Key being there as well.
JongHyun hid a little smirk, There's no way in hell she'll break up with me when someone is around. This is perfect.
She just stood up, "I think it'll be better if we just talk later then."
Fine by me. JongHyun thought, he stood up as well; clearly wanting a kiss.
Krystal looked at him, leaning in; but ended up kissing his cheek instead, "I'll talk to you later." she said flatly, then left.
JongHyun closed the door, leaning on it afterwards; "Girls are a pain in the ."
"Yeah, especially four year olds." Key looked around, pretending like he didn't say anything.
JongHyun froze, "What'd you just say?"
He probably would figure out sooner or later. Key looked up at him, "You left your phone here that one day you went to visit MinHo."
"And what about it?" JongHyun asked, walking closer to Key.
Key patted the seat next to him, "Your phone kinda rang, and I kinda answered it."
"What?!" JongHyun's mouth dropped, he grabbed Key's shirt; pulling him up, "Who the hell said you could do that?!"
For some reason, Key wasn't that scared; but he wasn't sure why, he tapped JongHyun's hands; looking at him, "I'm not speaking 'til you let go and promise to not touch me. Ew."
JongHyun looked at him for a bit, then dropped him back down to his seat; "Fine. I'm listening." 
"Good." Key straightened out his outfit, looking back at at him; "As I was saying, I answered your phone. A girl picked up. Someone by the name of Se Kyung? Yeah, I think that's right."
JongHyun's eyes widened, that was the named he most feared to hear; "What did she want?"
Key gave him a good 5 second stare, "First I just need to know clarify this, do you really have a daughter?"
JongHyun was just about to deny it, but it was pointless; since he was on the phone with Se Kyung, "If I did, would you tell anyone?"
"Not if you didn't want me to." Key answered.
"Then yes, I do." JongHyun looked down, Key was the first person EVER he admitted that to. 
Key nodded his head, "Well then now this makes sense. Se Kyung called to talk to you, but I said you weren't here; she asked where you were, blah, blah. But then she said she'd love for you to come visit next weekened, since it's; I forgot her name-"
"Jihae." JongHyun threw in, "But continue."
"Right." Key said, "But as I was saying, it's Jihae's 4th birthday next week; and she'd love for her father to be there. And that wasn't Se Kyung's words, but Jihae's herself."
JongHyun looked at Key, he didn't know what to say; but most of all, what to do.
 
- meanwhile
 
YoonA sat on a chair, she wasn't expecting MinHo to be that attractive; because usually, her and Krystal had different taste; unless it came to Kai.
Yeah, he was a total cutie.
"So, why are you here though?" MinHo asked to break the ice.
She looked at him, "Krystal's been calling me the past couple days, and she just seemed so upset. I just felt like visiting her was the best thing I could do in order to comfort my lil' sis."
MinHo smiled, "That's really sweet of you to be here for her. She is going through a lot."
YoonA nodded her head, "I can tell. But what are you doing?"
"What do you mean? I go to the same college as her?" MinHo asked, a bit confused.
"I love Krystal. We actually are 4 siblings all together. But after out parents got divorced, our brother and sister left at the age of 13; they were 11 months apart. But Krystal was the only one who stayed with our mom and I, and without her; I truly wouldn't be the person I am today." YoonA looked at MinHo, trying to make sure he was listening.
MinHo narrowed his eyes, somewhat lost; "Will you please just get to the point? I'm pretty confused."
YoonA held in a little laugh, "I just want you to know, Krystal and I never had an easy life. The reason she's so stubborn, is 'cause she over protective. Ever since our 2 siblings disappeared, her biggest fear has been losing something that means a lot to her. When she's in love, she's in love. For 8 years, we've been trying to find our lost siblings; still no luck. She's taking up this course just so she can have a chance to find them. And the reason I'm telling you all this, is because I want to know if you're serious."
"Serious about Krystal and I? Of course I'm seriou-" MinHo began, but YoonA cut him off.
"Before you answer my question, I'm letting you know; what you're getting into, is no joke at all." YoonA said.
MinHo nodded his head, laughing a bit; "I learned that the first day I met her, YoonA."
YoonA nodded her head, "Usually, I'd continue on explaining on why you SHOULDN'T date Krystal; but there's something about you that gives me a postive vibe."
MinHo smiled wide, "I'm glad you feel that way."
"Me too, Krystal deserves someone who'll treat her the exact same way." YoonA smiled back, but narrowed her eyes; "MinHo?"
His head shot up, "Yeah?"
YoonA stared at him for a second, "You do know she has a purity ring right?"
MinHo laughed, "That was actually one of the first things I noticed when I met her. At first, I thought it was stupid and showing she was prude. But after getting to know her, I guess it just symbolized what a strong and independent girl she really is."
"She really is. I look up to her a lot more than she knows." YoonA smiled wide, "But I have another question."
He rolled his eyes, "What now?"
YoonA giggled, "I know this is awkward and everything, but since you 2 do share a room; have you ever thought about, uhm, you know..?"
MinHo blushed, YoonA was Krystal's sister; so that automatically made things awkward. "Well, you asked me to be honest; so I will. Now don't hate me for all this. I think Krystal is damn y. She's such a fckn' tease though, which made life a bit rough for me. But thankfully, I have some self control left it me. If you met my old me, yeah; then she probably would've been by now."
YoonA's mouth dropped, and her eyes tripled in size; she wasn't expecting him to be THIS honest.
"Your question, your fault!" MinHo yelled, and after; they both erupted in laughter.
MinHo then stopped laughing, narrowing his eyes as he looked up at YoonA; "But on a serious note.."
She stopped laughing, pursing her lips and tilting her head; "Yeah?"
"I still feel that I need to prove myself to Krystal. So do you think you could give me some ideas on what I could do to prove my love to her?" MinHo asked sincerely.
YoonA paused, she already had the answer right after he asked; "There is one thing.."
MinHo sat up, "Which is?"
"This is a lot to ask for. But if you really, really wanted to impress her; finding our 2 siblings would honestly make her the happiest person alive." YoonA looked down, knowing it wasn't the easiest thing to do.
MinHo bit his bottom lip, but nodded his head; "I'm accepting this challenge."
 
 
 
 
- Comment Replies:
 
 
ilovewufan; JongHyun really is a douchebagg! I must've done a great job to have JongHyun so hated in this fic.. xD And yess, all this MinStal love going around. [;
 
 
Yayacute; I definitely agree with yoou!
 
 
periwinkleberry; I hope Krystal realizes that JongHyun is bad too! At least she wants to fix things with Nana soon. [: Nana is lucky for Mir, he's so perfect in this fic. [; Hahah, I always use Jessica as my btch character; or HyunA, they're SO good for it; 'cause they have that 'look'. xD YES, MinStal; FOR THE WIN! ;D Hehe, don't worry about it; I'm so happy you love it so much! :'D
 
 
key2myheartkat; THANK YOU. MAHAL DIN KITA!
 
 
KrystalYoona7777; Hehe, I adore YoonHae. And thank you! I honestly love Krystal's personality here, it reminds me of me. xD Ah, thanks again! I thought people would think the whole JongHyun having a child thing would be cliche. :P Ah, I love you for loving my story! Hehe. <3
 
 
 
- TADA!
Am I the only one who totally "Awuh-ed!" at that HaeSica moment?
I admire their friendship here.
Hyuk is so stupid though, omfg.
And awuh!
Gotta love them EXO boys for making TaeMin feel the love.
Will Krystal ever really get to break up with JongHyun?
Will Key keep the secret about
Jihae and Se Kyung?
Will JongHyun even go to Jihae's 4th birthday party?
Do you guys think MinHo will find Krystal and YoonA's siblings?
FIND OUT IN THE UPCOMING CHAPTERS!
Thank you so much for reading!
Please comment and subscribe. [:
I LOVE YOU ALL.
 
*Before I go; I do have a new fic up. 
It's a MinStal/JongStal fic.
Thing is,
I haven't chosen who Krystal will end up with.
But if you're into the SHINee Effects pairings,
I suggest you should check it out;
so you can see all the twists and turns.
Because actually,
this is half based on my own life. [':
 
Here's the fic:
 
 
Please comment and subscribe if you'd like!