[When Reality Hits]

You Never Know

 

- Recap of Chapter 9:
MinHo finally admitted his true feelings for Krystal. When they saw each other in their dorm, he kissed her off guard; but stormed off afterwards, not knowing what to do. Kai finally convinced TaeMin to go and practice with him and his group in their dance studio. Key told JongHyun that he knows every little thing about him, and his plans will just burst up into flames. -
 
- meanwhile -
 
"5, 6, 7, 8." Kai said, starting off their dance; everyone followed.
TaeMin stood by the wall, he smiled; his brother reminded him so much of himself. He honestly couldn't be anymore proud.
"Yah Kai, you just stepped on my foot." ChanYeol complained, grabbing onto his foot.
Kai turned off the music, scratching his head; "Sorry, that was my mistake." he half smiled, and looked around; then at the clock, "Where is BaekHyun? He's never late to practices." Kai asked all of them, but his eyes were directed to ChanYeol.
ChanYeol shrugged his shoulders, "He's been acting extremely weird lately, I don't know what's up with him.
Kris looked at them, he knew where BaekHyun was; he just wasn't gonna say anything.
"Hey TaeMin, grab my phone and call him; will you?" Kai asked.
"If he doesn't wanna show up, why even bother wasting our time on it?" Kris interrupted.
Tao nodded his head, "Pretty boy's got a point."
TaeMin nodded his head, "I agree. If you want, I can fill in the 12th spot; from watching, I think I got this all down already."
They all agreed to let him dance for now.
After a couple more re-runs, all of them drank bottles of water and laid on the floor; tired as can be.
"That was a really good practice to be honest." Chen said outloud.
"Yeah, and-" Luhan started off, but all of them stared at the door as it flew open.
BaekHyun threw his bag on the ground, his hair was a mess, and his jacket was half on; "I'm so sorry for being late!" 
Kris sat up, leaning on the wall as he smirked.
Suho stood up, "BaekHyun, you're not just late; but our practice is already over."
"I know, which is why I tried to rush here as soon as possible to explain myself." BaekHyun said everything all in one breath, his breathing was not keeping up with him.
"Fine, I'll let you explain." Suho crossed his arms, giving him his full attention.
BaekHyun looked around, but also got scared when he saw the way Kris looked at him; he looked at Suho again. "I was about to leave for practice, right? But I get out to my car, and all 4 of my tires were flat. It didn't help that I was running late already. Someone turned off my alarm 'cause I took a nap, and I swear on all Gods; that I set it up. And to make things worse, I was charging my phone before I took the nap; but when I woke up, my charger was gone; so my phone was dead. I tried landline, but I forgot that I don't have any of your numbers memorized. And then I-"
Suho cut him off, patting his shoulders; "Okay, okay; looks like you had a rough enough day, we won't make this any worse."
"Thank you so so much." BaekHyun bowed, sighing in relief.
Suho turned around, looking at Kris; "You live with BaekHyun, don't you? Why didn't you even bother to wake up him and take him to practice?
Kris stood up, bowing before he spoke; "Before he went to sleep, he told me not to wake him. I left early, 'cause I went to go grab the food for our group to eat. How was I supposed to know that all this stuff was gonna happen to him?"
BaekHyun glared at Kris, He did all this, and I'm not letting him get away with it.
 
- later on
 
Krystal laid in bed, MinHo still wasn't back at their dorm. She looked at the clock, 3am.
"Where could he be?" She sat up, a bit scared of what may be happening with him right now.
Although she wanted to deny it, that kiss felt like nothing she's ever felt before.
She touched her lips, as if she could feel that same spark over and over.
Krystal got up from her bed, looking through all her things to find her cell phone; and after awhile of looking, she grabbed it out of the dresser.
She scanned through her contacts, and finally found YoonA's number; back home, it would've been around the afternoon; so she should be awake by then. Krystal clicked call, awaiting an answer.
 
YoonA: "Hello?"
 
Krystal: she smiled wide, "UNNIE!"
 
YoonA: she looked down at the contact, finally realizing who it was; "Oh my gosh, Stal!"
 
Krystal: "How's everything there sis?" 
 
YoonA: "Mom! Krystal's on the phone!" she put the phone back closer to her face, "Everything's been going good, but you know; just missing your bossy personality."
 
Krystal: "And I miss your naggy little self!" She laughed, she really did miss it.
 
YoonA: she looked over at the clock, "Isn't it like 3 in the morning there right now?"
 
Krystal: she sighed, "It's been a long day."
 
YoonA: "What's wrong?" she asked concerned.
 
Krystal: "I don't know what to do with love and my friendships anymore. Or if this is even love to start off with.."
 
YoonA: "Stal, you can tell me anything; you should know that by now."
 
Krystal: "I know unnie, I know. Which is why I called you, 'cause I have no one left to talk to anymore."
 
YoonA: "Krystal, I'm free the entire day; just let everything out."
 
Krystal: "Well as I mentioned a couple weeks ago, I got a boyfriend named JongHyun-"
 
YoonA: she cut her off, "Did he break you heart?!"
 
Krystal: "Unnie, don't cut me off when I'm talking; you know that's my biggest pet peeve. Please."
 
YoonA: she pursed her lips, "I'm sorry, please continue on talking; I'll stay quiet 'til you're done explaining everything."
 
Krystal: "Okay, well; as I was saying. JongHyun and I have been great, but things are starting to get awkward. You remember Nana right? My childhood best friend? Well she attends this school, and she said that JongHyun's not the one for me; saying that I don't know him like she does. 'Cause of that, we got into a huge fight; and I don't know how to fix them. Then tonight, my roommate kissed me. You remember me talking about MinHo? And right now, I'm so lost for words."
 
YoonA: "Do you want advice, or opinion?"
 
Krystal: "Honestly, I need your opinion; but with advice."
 
YoonA: she sighed, "If you're getting a bunch of negative of negative feedback about JongHyun and his past, I suggest you two talk it out. I know how close you and Nana are, and I don't wanna see your guys' friendship end just 'cause of one little fight. As for the MinHo guy, you've talked about him a lot of times since you've been there; and I have a feeling you're falling for him. I know what it's like to try and deny it, and you may not think so; but others see it like that. I don't wanna see you get hurt, so I just think it's best if you talk things through with everyone."
 
Krystal: she was going to continue on talking, but the door opened up; MinHo was finally back from his long journey. "YoonA, thanks for everything; I gotta go now." without even letting her say goodbye, she hung up.
 
Krystal stood up, looking at MinHo; "H-hi."
"Why are you still awake?" MinHo asked her, he wasn't looking at her; but he had a hint of concern in his voice.
She looked down, fiddling with her fingers; "I couldn't fall asleep."
MinHo turned around, he just got back from having a couple drinks with Key and Onew; he was drunk, only he didn't know it.
Krystal could smell alcohal from miles away, "Were you drinking?"
He just stared at her, eyes beginning to close little by little; "Why does it matter to you anyways?"
"MinHo, I'm so sorry. Everything that happened earlier just kinda-"
MinHo leaned on the door, "Don't apologize. It's my fault for falling in love for once, isn't it? So just quit acting like a saint and go to sleep." 
"MinHo.." she covered her face, on her way to crying; "You're the one who needs to rest."
MinHo walked towards her, he lifted up his hand and pointed to her; "Out of all the girls on campus, why you?"
Krystal grabbed on his arms, trying to stop him; "MinHo please, you're not in the right state to-"
"Right state to what? Speak my mind?" MinHo pushed her arms off, "Now I know why people don't fall in love." he put his face closer to Krystal's, looking her straight in the eyes; "'Cause it makes you feel like SHT." he backed up, tearing up.
Right then and there, Krystal cried; and she didn't know how to stop herself.
MinHo's eyes closed more and more, he stared blankly at everything; "Ya know, I've never felt so happy when I saw a girl before. But now, I just wish you never existed."
Krystal, you can't let these words get to you; he's drunk. she tried to remind herself, but it hurt. So bad.
Before she knew it, MinHo passed out.
"MinHo!" Krystal ran over to him, touching his forehead; he was burning.
Luckily, Krystal was strong enough to carry him over to his bed; but he still wasn't responding.
"MinHo, oh my God." she touched his forehead once more, only getting hotter and hotter. Krystal ran to the bathroom, getting a paper towel and running it under cold water. She placed it on his forehead, trying to his shirt in the most non-awkward way possible. Please be okay.
"Ugh alisfj;dsfakew.." MinHo mumbled, moving his head around; but his eyes still closed, "It's really hot.."
Krystal looked at him with full concern, he seemed to be getting a super high fever; but she couldn't take him to the hospital, "Just hold on MinHo." after that being said, she took his shirt off; trying to cool him down. 
Krystal, you shouldn't be getting thoughts like this right now.. she closed her eyes, trying to block the thought of his perfect six pack being right in front of her. "I'll get you some water."
She went to grab a cold bottle of water, lifting his head up from the back; placing the bottle at his lips, and had him take a sip. 
Krystal began running her hands through his hair, trying to get him to fall asleep; but to her own surprise, she fell asleep as well; straight in his arms.
 
- the next morning
 
Both MinHo and Krystal were fast asleep, then the door flung open.
"MinHo!" Amber looked at her phone as she walked in, "Key texted me and-" she stopped mid-sentence, slowly closing the door as she saw Krystal fast asleep; with MinHo's arm wrapped around her. And it didn't really help, that he was shirtless; "What the hell?!"
Krystal was a light sleeper, she woke up right up; looking at where she was, and quickly jumped up; "Oh my gosh, it's not what it looks like." she wiped a little dab of drool on her face.
"I thought you weren't like every other girl? What is this?" Amber narrowed her eyes, pointing over at MinHo; still fast asleep.
Krystal's voice only got higher, "He was drunk last night, so I tried to help him; but I didn't know that I'd end up falling asleep. Yet alone, right next to him."
Amber bit her bottom lip, still trying to see if she should believe her or not; "Then explain why he's shirtless?"
"He was burning hot yesterday. He had a 103 fever, and I couldn't take him to the hospital at 3am; I don't have a car. So I tried to cool him down the best I could." Krystal looked at Amber, waiting to see her response.
She scratched her arm, "I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions. It's just, I'm so used to walking in on MinHo doing these kind of things and I just thought-"
"Amber, don't blame yourself." Krystal rubbed her back, smiling; "I know what it's like to look out for a sibling."
Amber forced a smile, but it faded away after seeing MinHo; then she looked back at me, "Key told me about what happened last night with you two.."
Krystal turned her head to look at her, "So you knew?"
Amber nodded her head, "I'm not even gonna lie, I already saw this coming. Here, take a seat." she pulled a seat out for Krystal, sitting down as well; looking at her, "When I saw you the first day, he looked at you so differently. You probably never noticed, but the dude's my brother; and I can sense things. But I thought you were just gonna be another crush, or someone he has a thing for and move on; but I think this is the first time I can truthfully say, he really likes you. As in, really really." she stopped, awaiting for Krystal to react in some way.
"Wh-what are you trying to say?" Krystal asked.
Amber bit her bottom lip, "In my opinion, he's going through the stage of denial. MinHo's never fallen in love, and I think he's starting; with you. His biggest problem, is that he doesn't know his own problems. He's trying to deny the fact that he's falling for you, because he's afraid of rejection. Because most of his life, pretty much went his way. I'm not saying this as a random person, I'm saying this as his sister who cares and loves him; you're the only one who can help him."
 
"What do you mean?" Krystal tried to understand, but she really couldn't.
Amber sighed, "I'm not saying you have to love him back. But I need you to comfort him at the least. Never have I ever seen him so hopeless, and he's never lost a battle in his life. I guess when you're trying to fight against your heart, you always end up losing. But even if you don't love him back, at least then he'll be able to get over it; coming from you."
Krystal looked at MinHo, he was finally sleeping calmly; and he didn't seem to be burning hot like last night. She nodded her head, "I understand.."
"Look, I know this probably isn't something that you want to do. But for the sake of my brother, please-"
Krystal cut her off, "Amber, don't worry about it." she smiled, "I'll do anything I can do to help him."
Amber smiled back, giving her a tight hug; "I have no idea how to thank you."
Krystal big her lip, "Well, if you wouldn't mind a tiny favor.."
"Don't even hesitate, what is it?" Amber asked her.
"I don't want JongHyun to know that MinHo and I are talking again." Krystal looked at the floor, not knowing exactly how she was feeling.
Amber narrowed her eyes, "You're still dating JongHyun?"
Here it came again, Why is everyone so negative about him? "Is, is that a bad thing?"
She hesitated to answer back, but shook her head; "No, it's not like that; it's just-"
"Amber, as a friend; I really want you to be honest. I've gotten so many things told to me, even losing my best friend. Is there something I don't know about JongHyun?" Krystal looked at her with sincere eyes.
Amber sighed, "I've known him for a long time. But I know him and MinHo's got beef with each other. They act like they're best friends, but I know they're just doing everything; to push the other down. I tell MinHo not to stoop to his level, but he's so hard headed. JongHyun's had a past of cheating, having and leaving, and he's already a father; but he still tries to deny it." 
A father? Krystal's eyes widened, "He, he has a kid?"
Amber nodded her head, "The girl left the school, I forgot her name; but they broke up a couple months after, when she caught him having with another girl."
Krystal's mouth literally dropped open, she never would've expected things to end up like this; "Oh my gosh."
"But I'm not telling you to break up with him or not! Maybe he really has changed, maybe he might really like you." Amber bit her bottom lip, extremely unsure of what she was even saying.
"No." Krystal ran her hands through her hair, "I can't believe I got myself into this mess."
MinHo toss and turned in the bed, closing his eyes hard; grabbing onto his stomache, "Ugh."
He slowly got up from his bed, covering his mouth and grabbing onto his stomache even more; before Krystal and Amber knew it, he ran into the bathroom; puking over and over.
Amber ran her hands through her hair, following afterwards; "Oh my gosh."
 
 
 
 
- Comment Replies: 
 
 
MinstalMinstal; Awuh, you're welcome.
 
 
 
sherlocklove; You're welcome.
 
 
 
MinStalShipper4Ever; lmfao, I know right. But, it is a MinStal story. xD
 
 
 
 
- Thank you all soo much for reading!
What's BaekHyun going to do to get back at Kris?
Wait, JongHyun is a FATHER?!
Will MinHo be okay?
When will MinHo and Krystal ever be together?
Find out in the next chapters!
Please comment and subscribe.
Thank you.