XXIX

My Knight in Shining Armour.. Can Sing??

 

Cha-gi’s POV***

 

“NO! Cha-gi, you shouldn’t be here!” Sandeul shouted.  There I saw Sandeul tied up on a chair, he looked so pail, I wanted to run to him but that would be a stupid thing to do

“Sandeul!?” I called to him “Sandeul are you ok?” I asked worriedly

“you came just in time Cha-gi, we were just talking about you.. Your boy is fine, we didn’t hurt him as I promised” the woman said as she pinch Sandeul’s right cheek.

“Don’t touch him!” I said angrily. “I’m here, it’s me that you want. Let him go!”

“Why did you come here! It’s too dangerous, Cha-gi you must leave now!” Sandeul shouted.

 “ooh~ we’re having a little cat fight here.” the woman teased. “But Cha-gi do you really know Sandeul?”

“What are you talking about!?” Ireplied. “what do you want from me? let him go or I’ll shoot you!”I pulled my gun from my holster.

“this guy that you wanted to save has never really been true to you.. do you still want to save him?” said the woman “He is the reason why your parents died, even your Oppa knows that ” after she said that I felt a stabbing pain in my chest.

“Cha-gi.. I tried to tell you that night at the restaurant” Sandeul said. “Cha-gi... it was an accident.”

“Wha~what? NO!” I exclaimed “That’s impossible.. h~how?”

“Cha-gi.. that night..”

Flashback to the night of the accident

Sandeul’s POV***

2 years ago before our debut.

That night I left home because my parents were against the idea of me joining show business. “Looks like it’s going to rain, I must get to the dorm before it gets to dark.” I drove the dark road as fast as I can then rain started to fall. I was driving along the zigzag road to Seoul from the airport when the rain started to pour, then suddenly my car break was not working. “What’s happening!?” I tried my best to step on it as hard as I can hoping that it’ll somehow work.  The road was slippery and I lost control of the car, then I thought that it would be my end.. suddenly a car was approaching on the other side of the road, I tried my hardest to prevent the collision but it was too late..... Next thing I knew I was in the hospital emergency room, miraculously alive. I got so worried about the passengers of the other car, I don’t know if they survived the accident, I was really hoping that they did. When I look to my right I saw a girl crying terribly “Eomma, Appa!” she cried while her brother tries to comfort her. I closed my eyes feeling sorry for her.

After that I never really had any news about what had happened to the people on that car. And I went on with my life.. but every night the tragedy still bothered me. Then I met Jaehyo-hyung.. at first he got angry at me when he found out that I was reason why he lost his parents but sooner he then accepts that it was all an accident and that I too was a victim.

Cha-gi’s POV***

2 years ago after I graduated I went home to Korea from New York.

That night when I arrived at the airport I received a call, it was from my brother. “Oppa, where are you I’m already here at the arrival area.” On the other line of the phone I heard him sob “Wae, oppa? Did you miss me that much?” I said.. “Our Eomma and Appa..” he sounded like he was crying.. “Wae?” I asked. “just come here at the hospital ” he just said and hanged up the phone. I immediately called a cab and asked it to send me to the hospital... on my way there we got stock on a heavy traffic, when we pass through it I saw a car that crushed on the side of the cliff. “Something terrible must have happened here.”

When I get to the hospital I saw my brother waiting outside the hospital for me, “Oppa! What happened?” I asked as I ran to him, he was staring blankly on the floor “Oppa!” I shook him. Then he looked at me and said “Eomma and Appa.. they’re gone.” I stood there dumbfounded hoping that everything was just a dream. I went inside the hospital desk crying as I ask the nurse where my parents are. They led me to the emergency room where my parents are, as I approach their corner, there bodies were lying dead on the hospital bed covered with white clothe and was about to be moved to the morgue.  I removed the clothe covering and saw with my two eyes my parents “Eomma, Appa!” I fell on my knees crying terribly as my brother tried to comfort me.  

End of Flashbask

After  Sandeul told me what exactly had happened, my hand felt weak and accidentally dropped the gun.. “why you?”

“Cha-gi.. listen to me.. ” Sandeul said trying to explain himself

“Stop with the chit chat!” shouted the woman “now, let me guess Cha-gi, you still have no idea why I want you to be here. Are you sure you still don’t recognise me?” the woman continued “You were once a heartless girl, always tough, always like a tigress and was never afraid of anything. I’ve never seen any emotion in you from the first time that I saw you, now you have let your guard down and showed that you too have a weakness, and that is your love for this boy.” She said then took a gun from her holster and pointed it to Sandeul.

“NO!” I shouted, then tried to pick up my gun.

“oops. Don’t you dare pick that gun up, or I’ll blow your precious boys head” she said still pointing the gun to Sandeul. I saw Sandeul’s chest breathing sharply..

“ok ok..” I said “Sandeul. Just relax. I’ll get you out of here.”  I told him.

“Cha-gi~ah.. I’m really sorry.” He said “I can’t believe I’ve ‘caused you so much pain”

“We’ll talk about it next time if we both survive this.. Nae?” I said “first I want you to calm down, can you see me? Does your head hurt?”

“A little” he said sounding so nervous.  And then smiled.

“that’s bad..” I took a deep breath and thought of a plan in my head. I’ll just hope that it’ll work. But if I make a move she might kill sandeul “ottoke ”

“Enough!” said the woman as she started to walk to my direction “I’m still trying to figure out what I’m going to do with you” she said then pointed her gun to me. “should I end your life immediately or, should I kill you slowly by breaking your heart first like the way you did to me..” and then pointed her gun again to Sandeul

I took a deep breath, I still have no idea what has gone wrong with the woman to do this much trouble to us “Can you tell me what I did wrong? Why do you have to involve Sandeul in this??” I curiously asked

“Hah!” she breathed out and said “because you are the reason why I lost the man that I love, he was one of your agents. You took over the company, and run it with your own will.. before he died, he told me that his heart no longer belongs to me but to someone else. To his boss..” she said then signalled one of her goons to come to her and hold my arm “...he fell in love with you because you were strong, and I am nothing like you, he admired your dedication to your work. But you never noticed him, I tried to do my best just so I can be like you. Then one day you assigned him in a job, he was to the president of Poland during his visit in Korea. He died protecting the president from the hired killers. And when I saw you at his funeral...” she stopped from narrating her story, she raised her left hand and slapped me. “you even dared to visit his funeral!” she angrily said as I straightened myself and looked at her again, I bit my lower lip then glared at her “when you saw me, you.. you told me how much you sympathise for me and his family.. but there was no sympathy in your eyes. All I see was blank emotion.”

I now remember, who she is.. I can’t blame her if she thinks that I’m the reason behind the death of her love, but right now I must find a way to break away from the tight grip of one of her goons. I smiled trying to . “I must do everything to distract my opponent, and once she’s distracted I will do my first move.”

“let’s see who gets the last laugh.” She said and turned her back on me. When she turned around, I took my chance to kick her from behind, which made her lose her balance and drop her gun..  I kicked it away from her then I swiftly made my move to take down  the big guy who was holding me. Good thing he was not strong enough to hold me for long, I gave him a kick on the chest which made him fall on his knees. Just in time, Jaehyo-oppa came for back up.

“Oppa! Take care of sandeul! Get him out of here!” I said, I took care of the enemy while oppa went to help Sandeul.

“Ahh! AHh! Who are you?” I heard Sandeul shouted.

“relax, it’s me Jaehyo!” Jaehyo said "we must leave now", still trying to remove Sandeul’s tied up hands.

“Hyung! Help Cha-gi!” he pleaded

“no I must get you out of here first” Jaehyo replied

 The other guy went running to me to back his friend up, he threw his muscular fist on me good thing I was able to duck before it hit me on the face. I grabbed the guys arm and then lifted him from the ground then gave him a death drop on the floor. And when I’m done with him I went to Sandeul smiled at him although he can barely see it, all I wanted to do was to hug him tight... and tell him how much I am sorry. And then I heard someone from behind.

“ I guess you’ve forgotten about me.. ”  and before I can turn my back

“NO! NO! NO!” Shouted Jaehyo-oppa. Then a loud deafening sound of a gun filled the air. The next thing I knew I was on the ground, I don’t know where it hit me but coldness started to fill my senses.

 

 

Sandeul’s POV***

 

Jaehyo-hyung run and went after the girl while I went to Cha-gi hoping that she was not critically hit.

“CHA-GI~AH!!!” I crawled to her and when I got to her I hugged her tight her blood was all over the place.. “Cha-gi.. wake up.. open your eyes.. please, please please..” tears started to fill my eyes.

“Lee.. Jung... Hwan” she said in a soft voice catching for air “Mian..mianhae.. jeongmal jeongmal mianhae..”

“Cha-gi.. stay with me..” I sweeped away her long hair that was covering her face “Cha-gi..”

“Jung Hwan... I’m glad.. that.. you can’t see me.. with your..poor sight.. I don’t.. want you.. to remember me looking.. like this...” She said as tears started to run down her cheeks.

It’s true I can’t see her clearly “Cha-gi.. please don’t say that” I said still crying, “Help! Help us! Cha-gi, stay with me.. we’ll bring you to the hospital. Don’t fall asleep..”

“Sandeul..  don’t cry.. promise me.. that.. when you had.. your eyesight.. back.. you will look.. into the brighter future..” she said as she took a deep breath and raised her hand to wipe my tears “Sa..saranghae..” she said in between her breaths as she closed her eyes, I hugged her tight and felt her heart still beating slowly.

"Cha-gi don't close your eyes.. please stay with me"I said still crying “neo~l sarang..hae”