XXV

My Knight in Shining Armour.. Can Sing??

 

I was looking out the window while on our way to whichever-place Sandeul is taking me, this was the first time that he was so quiet so I cleared my throat to ease the awkwardness in the air and asked him “where are we going?” and still he didn’t answer so I just shut my mouth up before he finds another way to ruin my day. Then he parked his car in front of a mall. He hopped off from his car and went to my side to open the door, that’s when I noticed that he was just wearing a blue shirt with a superman print on its chest, faded pants and a pair of chuck Taylor, what made him look cuter was his thick glasses.

“Shall we?” I smiled to him as he offers his hands to help me out. “You smell of a closet.” He said then bit his lower lip to suppress his laugh.

“YAH! I’m wearing this dress because of you, you said my slacks and blazers doesn’t look good on me!” I removed my hands from his hold but instead of letting me go he held onto it tighter.

“Why did you take it seriously? Does that mean you want to please me?” He teased

“ANIYO! I would never like you.” I said. He mumbled some words but I wasn’t able to hear it. “Why didn’t you tell me we’re going to a mall? Why do I always have to be inappropriately dressed!?”

“It’s fine. People would think you’re my mother.” He teased.

“YAH!” Then I realised that our hands were still intertwined as we walk to the entrance of the mall. His hands felt really warm though, it’s even softer than that of mine. Before we entered the mall I pulled his hand to stop him from walking “What if your fans recognize you?”

“They won’t. I look like a nerd with my glasses, no one would recognise me. Plus who cares, this is what couples do, they go on a date in the mall.. right?” He said “KAJA!” he said as he dragged me with him

“cou... coup.. couple?” I uttered. “but we’re not real couples.”

“Well.. for others we are.” He said then raised his hand that was holding mine “See.” Then he smiled and started walking again. “Where shall we go first?” he thought as he rubbed his chin, “I know let’s eat first!”

We entered a restaurant where there was no one inside but the sign says that they’re open, as we went in there was a table set up in the middle of it and two chairs. The table was covered with red tablecloth and on top of it 2 plates was prepared and in the middle of the table is a bouquet of red roses. Sandeul guided me to the table and helped me with the chair to sit then he walked and sat on the other side facing me. I took a deep breath and looked around to prevent Sandeul’s awkward gaze.

“did you like it?” he said as he cleared his throat.

“Wha.. What?” I said still trying not to look at him.

Then he stood up and took the flowers and handed it to me “Here. it’s yours.”

“huh? Mine?” I said. *this guy really doesn’t know how to be a gentleman. It was almost perfect at first but the way he gave me the flowers. Not-so-like-a-gentleman.

“yes. Who do you think should I give this to?” he said

“uuh..” I took it and placed it on my lap then smiles. “Kamsahamnidda”

“So first let me introduce to you our waiter for tonight.. CNU-Hyung.” Sandeul said then, CNU Oppa came out of the kitchen wearing a white long-sleeved polo with a bow-tie and paired it with slacks.

“Annyeong.” He greeted and bowed, and I bowed to him as well

Then Sandeul went on in introducing the rest of B1A4 “Jung Jinyoung-Hyung will serenade us tonight.” Jinyoung came in carrying an acoustic guitar then sat on the bar chair that was placed just meters away from the table. “Uri Baro would be the sous Chef. While Channie would be the dishwasher!” the two went out of the kitchen wearing toques and greeted “Annyeong hasseyo!! We’re happy to serve you tonight” then Sandeul cleared his throat, while I was still puzzled who would be the chef, before Sandeul continued he went to my side and took my hand, he gave it a little kiss and said “I will be the head chef for tonight.” He gave me a smirk and then stood straight to introduce himself again.

“Since we never really had a formal introduction when we first met, I would like to introduce myself to you again. Annyeong, Lee Jung Hwan imnidda..” He said with full of energy then bowed.

I smiled to him and said “what is going on? I mean what has got into you for doing all this?”

Before Sandeul answered my question I see hesitations in his eyes. “uh.. this is all an.. act. YEAH!” he exclaimed “this are all part of our act.” He said then looked away “uh.. the people needs to know that we’re really dating..uhm to .. uh prevent them from making any rumors. Yeah..” he said “this is all for that.”

Tears began filling up my eyes as I listen to his words “are you done?” I asked him as I bit my lips to prevent myself from crying “Maybe.. maybe if you just looked away that first time you saw me, maybe we both didn’t get into this trouble. Maybe if I just left you there lying on the street, everything would be different my life would always be the same and... and my... ”, I stood up and then started to walk away. I walked as fast as I can before he can catch up and stop me. I heard him calling my name, but I didn’t mind “my heart wouldn’t be breaking right now if you just didn’t steal that kiss from me the first time we met.”