I am a mistake?

I fell in love for my bodyguard

Jinki's shoulders trembled as he tried to hold back the sobs that rose in his throat, he didn't know if the cry was of anger, frustration or sadness, everything was there mixed in him, all conflicting.

A warm and familiar hand landed on Jinki's shoulder that tensed, wiping the tears he turned quickly.

"Hyung?"

"Are you okay?"

Jinki sighed shakily and nodded. "I'm fine."

"Can I sit here with you?"

"Yeah, of course."

Jonghyun sat beside him on the steps and smiled. "What are you doing here?"

"Nothing." He said shrugging. "Just thinking. How did you find me here hyung?"

"I was going to visit Minho-yah and I saw you come in here, I could see by your expression that you weren't fine, so I just followed you. I did wrong?"

Jinki nodded. "No, it's all right. I just needed to be alone for a bit."

"Why were you crying Jinki-yah? Something happened to Minho-yah? Something's wrong with you?" He asked worriedly.

"Nothing happened hyung, don't worry. Minho-hyung is fine."

"Then why are you like this? You don't want to tell me, sometimes telling to someone help."

Jinki opened his mouth. Would it be a good thing to tell to Jonghyun about it? This is something personal, just of him and Minho but Jinki had no one to talk to and the policeman was there wanting to help, wanting to hear. All that Jinki needed was a shoulder and there was Jonghyun offering.

"You can trust me." He said smiling.

Jinki smiled weakly. "I trust you hyung, thanks."

Jonghyun came closer wrapping his arm around Jinki's shoulders that snuggled closer. "So tell me what's going on, why you were crying?"

Sighing one last time Jinki began to tell about the talk he had heard of Kibum and Minho and what the bodyguard had said about the two being together is a mistake and how it had hurt him.

Jonghyun heard in silence, his fingers making soothing moves on Jinki's shoulder that increasingly leaned to the policeman. It was so nice to have someone to talk to, to listen to him, to comfort him, Jonghyun appeared in his life in a time that everything was upside down and Jinki was grateful.

After talking all Jinki sighed, he felt lighter by simply having told anyone about what was happening at that time he realized how he missed a friend, how having someone there beside him was important.

"Don't worry about it, huh? Minho-yah sometimes speaks without thinking right, he is impulsive and doesn't measure the consequences. I know he loves you, then let just give him time."

"I don't know what to think hyung, he said it was a mistake to stay with me, you can imagine how that hurt to hear?"

"Jinki-yah I know, I know." He said hugging him. "I'm so sorry."

Jinki returned the hug snuggled in the warmth of the other, closing his eyes he sighed calming. Jinki had long experienced this, having someone next to him to give comfort.

"What are you two doing?"

Jinki turned away from Jonghyun and raised his head, Kibum was standing there with arms crossed and a scowl on his face. Jinki suddenly felt anger at the doctor.

"It is forbidden to stay here?" He asked rising up.

Kibum frowned. "Actually yes, it is forbidden."

Jonghyun rose up and smiled. "Hello Kibum-yah."

"Jonghyun-ssi." He said in a warning tone. "I'm in my workplace."

"I know." He said pulling Jinki and holding him. "Minho-yah is in his room right?! I go there to visit him, let's go Jinki-yah."

"I... I need to do something else, you go." He said loosening himself of Jonghyun's arm.

Kibum looked at them. "Actually Jonghyun-ssi I needed to talk to you for a minute and Jinki-ssi, Minho-ssi is looking for you."

Jinki didn't want to face Minho now, not after everything he heard, he was still feeling betrayed and now face the bodyguard wouldn't help.

"Ah Kibum-yah I'm sorry but I forgot I needed to take Jinki-yah to the police station, we need to go." He said grabbing Jinki's hand.

Kibum's eyes narrowed and Jinki blinked confused.

"I..."

"We talk another time Kibum-yah, call me. Come on." He said pulling Jinki and out the door.

They walked in silence by the hospital until they reached the parking lot, there Jinki realized that Jonghyun was still holding his hand, he quickly dropped the hand of policeman and smiled.

"Thanks for getting me out of there hyung, I don't think I would be able to meet him now."

"I know and that's why I did it."

Suddenly Jonghyun's phone started ringing and pulled out of his pocket he smiled like a naughty child. "Oh no, I'm in trouble." He said laughing. "Kibum-yah have you missed me already?"

Jinki turned going toward to Minho's car when he felt Jonghyun's fingers wrapped in his wrist. Turning around he saw Jonghyun smile.

"I know Kibum-yah but now I can't talk, I'm going out with Jinki-yah."

He tensed. The way Jonghyun said, the tone of the voice of the police seemed to indicate something else, looked like they were actually going out, that they went on a date.

Jinki looked at Jonghyun who smiled and winked.

"Yes, we're going now. Minho-yah, what about him?... ah no, later I bring Jinki-yah back... of course, I talk to you later, bye Kibum-yah."

Jinki stood there blinking with his mouth slightly open, Jonghyun was acting as if they were actually out now.

"So, shall we?"

"T-to where?"

"Taking a coffee, if we leave separated now Kibum-yah won't believe in our little lie." He said pointing with his chin to one of the windows on the third floor.

Jinki followed and saw Kibum standing there at the window looking at them, despite the distance he could see the angry expression of the doctor. What Kibum had against him anyway?

"Okay, I think you're right."

Jonghyun smiled. "Come on my car is there."

Jinki followed silently Jonghyun, after entering in the policeman’s car he took a deep breath.

The coffee shop was a cozy little place, some dark wood tables scattered around the place and few people around. Jonghyun chose a table that was near to the window and the two sat in silence.

"Are you better?" He asked holding Jinki's hand over the table.

Jinki nodded. "I think so."

"Great, then let's eat something, it always helps to improve my mood."

Jinki smiled weakly and pulled out his hand of Jonghyun's grip, although feel good having someone beside him Jinki didn't feel so well with all this intimate contact with the policeman, it was a little weird.

Jonghyun smiled and called the waitress that took their orders and left them alone again, Jinki doesn't know what to say, his head was still filled with all that he had heard, Minho's harsh words and he would take a time to recover that, whatever had hurt more than he wanted to admit to himself.

"Hey."

Jinki looked up from the table and smiled. "Yes?"

"You need to talk to him, you need to sort this out."

Jinki nodded. "I can't, I can't get there and say that I was listening to their talk."

"But you didn't hear it on purpose, you were just there in the wrong time."

"Still hyung, I can't."

"And you'll what, stay silent suffering? Will stay away from Minho, will simply run away?"

"I..."

"Doing that not only will you suffer but also Minho-yah."

Jinki sighed, Jonghyun was right, run away wouldn't help at all, he would suffer, Minho would suffer without knowing what was happening and more, Jinki had his finals exams, he couldn't afford to fail in this.

"You're right, I... I need to talk to him."

Jonghyun smiled. "Great, so after eating I'll take you to the hospital and you will talk."

It was he had to do, talk with Minho and settle this once.

Jinki stood nervously in front of the door, he wasn't sure that it would be good, if face Minho now will help with something.

"Are you sure this will work?" He whispered shakily.

Jonghyun put his hand on his shoulder. "You don't trust me?"

"I do."

"So this is it, I'm sure it'll work, I know him."

Jinki sighed and nodded hesitantly waited for Jonghyun who put a bright smile on his face opened the door.

"Minho-yah!" He said cheerfully pulling Jinki along with him.

Minho looked at them, Jonghyun with his arm casually hung on Jinki's shoulders, his body practically glued to the policeman and immediately frowned.

"Hyung?"

"How are you man?" He asked approaching and dragging Jinki with him.

"I'm fine." He said staring at Jinki. "Where were you Jinki-yah?"

Jinki writhed underneath Jonghyun's arm that held him tighter.

"He was with me, we went out together. I took him in that coffee shop that we always go, you know?"

"And why?"

Jinki opened his mouth and was cut off by Jonghyun again.

"He needed to breathe a bit, I was actually worried about him."

Jinki sighed.

"Worried? Did something happen to you, is everything okay?"

He saw the concern in Minho's eyes and that made Jinki being sad, he didn't know how to act, what to say. All he had heard hours ago flooded his mind and Jinki felt tears prick his eyes.

"I-I'm fine."

Jonghyun laughed. "Of course he is fine, nothing like a piece of pie to brighten lives. Now tell me Kibum-yah is around? "

Minho frowned still looking at Jinki. "You know he doesn't like when we call him like this in his workplace."

"Only we are here and Jinki-yah already knows that we know him."

This made Minho looked away from Jinki to Jonghyun. He sighed in relief.

"You told him?"

"No he heard you two talking." He said casually.

Jinki wanted to cower and hide in a hole, Minho's eyes widened.

"Y-you heard?"

"Y-yeah but it was an accident, I swear."

Minho sighed and closed his eyes for a second. "Oh Jinki-yah." He groaned.

Jonghyun finally loosened Jinki who stepped back. "So I'm going to look Kibum-yah, oh man, he must be very pissed with me." He laughed and opened the door. "You two please talk."

And with that Jonghyun left the room leaving Minho and Jinki alone.

"Jinki-yah..."

"It's true? W-what you said to doctor Kim is truth?"

Minho blinked. "I'm sorry you have heard that, I..."

"Just tell me if it is true hyung. We are a mistake? I am a mistake to you?"

Jinki was feeling betrayed, all the hurt that had been hiding inside it appearing again and becoming a huge monster in the room. A monster that looked like it would devour everything starting at with Jinki's heart.

Minho sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "No, I mean... in a way yes."

He felt his heart sink in his chest, it was so simple? Jinki had heard something that hurt him and Minho just confirmed, just threw it in his face all the pain and suffering that he had before finally having the courage to tell to the bodyguard that he loved him was in vain. That everything was a mistake, a ing mistake.

Jinki flinched taking a step back with his chest tight and aching.

"Listen to me okay? I... did you hear what Kibum-yah said about I stop working, this is a really touchy subject for me. I always dreamed of being a bodyguard, it's weird I know, but it was always what I wanted to do and I know it's a job that makes me always stay in the crossfire, I will always run the risk of dying and I know this will end up making the person I love suffer. I don't deserve to do this, you don't deserve this."

Jinki blinked. "Hyung..."

"I can't do this with you, the life of a bodyguard doesn't exist, I don't deserve to have someone by my side and I can't do this with you Jinki-yah. I know that, I've had in relationships before and they all ended up the same way and that is why I said that was a mistake, you are not a mistake, the mistake was mine to love you so much, you don't deserve it Jinki-yah, you don't deserve."

Jinki didn't know what to say, he didn't know how he was feeling actually. Minho loves him but didn't want to be near him because he doesn't want to make Jinki suffer?

He took a step forward. "Do you realize how stupid is what you're talking now?"

"What?" He asked confused.

"You think I'm gonna say you to stop being a bodyguard? I know I will suffer if something happens to you, just as I imagine you will suffer if something happens to me, that's life, you never know if you will be alive tomorrow. I can cross the street leaving out of here and die or this guy who escaped may well appear and kill me without anyone noticing. What's the point of staying here arguing about what will happen, we just can't live this day enjoying what we have today?"

After Jinki said that he realized that he had been stupid to have wasted so much time, he should have gone to talk with Minho before, they were losing time, a precious time.

"Don't say that." He winced. "You're right, oh Jinki-yah I'm so sorry, I didn't want to hurt you with my words, I'm really sorry." He said running a hand over his tired face.

"Do you realize how hurt me to hear those words?"

"Forgive me? I was scared, no, I'm still scared but you're right I can't be holding me back, I have to be happy with what I have now and I'm so happy to have you by my side, if you still want to stay by my side, of course."

Jinki sighed looking at Minho sat there awkwardly in bed with bandaged chest, shallow breathing because of the pain and tired face. He loves Minho more than anything and the bodyguard was afraid to hurt him, it was somehow a way to love, to show love, right?

"I'm still mad at you." He said with a timid step forward.

"I know." He whispered. "And I'm sorry about that."

"I know that and I love you so much hyung."

Minho reached out. "Come here Jinki-yah."

Jinki took Minho's hand and approached to the bodyguard who his face. "I love you too."

Jinki smiled. "That was all I wanted to hear." He whispered leaning and kissing him.

Minho smiled and pulled Jinki closer pressing his lips together stronger. "I love you." He whispered after they parted. "Will you forgive me?"

"You promise me you won't say stupid things like this anymore?"

Minho shook his head. "I can't promise you this because I always do that, but I promise you that I will strive not to hurt you anymore, I promise I'll love you even when you let me."

Jinki smiled. "Then you will love me forever."

"I'm fine with that." He said kissing Jinki again.

 

--------

 

I just wanna say thanks for all your comments, this meas alot to me. Thank you! (´▽`ʃƪ)♡