One day we all will die

I fell in love for my bodyguard

Jinki washed his bloodstained hands after a surgery which unfortunately resulted in the death of the patient, the bleeding had been so big that it was impossible to do anything, the organs collapsed and after nearly twenty minutes trying to revive the heart, the hour of the death was announced. This was the first time a patient died at Jinki's hands, was the first time he felt the loss of a patient, even though it was in a certain normal form, it would happen to him many times, it still hurt, the feeling of helplessness was too big to ignore.

"Are you okay?"

He looked for the head of household and nodded. "I'm fine Donghee-ssi."

"I know it's hard the first time, actually all are difficult, but you can't let that get to you. Perhaps his time had come, it was time for him to die and nothing and no one could reverse that."

"You believe that?"

"Yes, over time we learn to see life in a different way, one learns that no matter what you do an hour we all die. Your hands were created to heal, but we are not God, we don't do miracles."

Jinki smiled and nodded. "Thank Donghee-ssi."

The head of household patted Jinki's shoulder and smiled. "Go home and rest, you worked hard today."

"I will." He said finally turning off the faucet and dried his hands and arms.

Wasting no time Jinki went to get changed and go away, he was tired and bored of the hospital, he had to lie in bed and think of nothing else.

As soon as his head hit the pillow the images of blood and the sound of the machine showing that the heart had stopped flooded his thoughts, that would haunt him for a long time.

"Jinki-ssi?"

Jinki opened his eyes and groaned sitting on the bed lighting a small lamp from the nightstand, he could not even get some sleep, it was too much to ask?

"Yes?"

The maid opened the door and entered. "Minho-ssi is back."

"What?" He shrieked with wide eyes.

"T-the bodyguards found him lying at the entrance gate and..."

Jinki jumped out of bed and stumbled on the sheet almost falling to the ground, he quickly straightened up and ran out of the room passing the maid who was still wide-eyed in the doorway.

He ran down the stairs, his mind racing with crazy thoughts, he was desperate that barely registered that the floor was wet and ran out heading toward the block where the servants' room were, the block where he slipped through many nights of going spend the night with Minho.

Minho. His heart beat faster in thinking that the older was alive and that there was a meter away from him, Minho was alive.

Once he arrived at Minho's room, he found the doctor Kang leaving. "Is he okay?"

"He's alive, but I recommend leaving Minho-ssi alone now so he can rest."

Jinki had to bite the inside of the cheeks not to respond to the doctor, he really did not want to be disrespectful. "I just need to see how he is, after all he is my bodyguard. And I'm also a doctor, I know what's best for him."

Doctor Kang nodded and was out of the way, but when Jinki placed his hand on the knob he hesitated, he just stay there without knowing what to do, afraid to meet Minho almost dead or something. The images of the surgery once again flooding his mind.

Sighing he opened the door and came in. The room was dark and lit only by a small lamp, Minho was lying in bed wearing only a pair of sweatpants with the chest and hands bandaged, the hair was long and messy falling over his eyes and the pillow. When Jinki came closer he saw that his face was swollen on the left side and the eye was black, and his lip was cut and swollen.

Jinki had to cover his mouth with his hand to not to make any noise, a tear trickled down his face and he squeezed his eyes shut for a few seconds trying to calm himself down, he did not want Minho to see him like that, even though at that time it seemed that the older was asleep.

He sat down gently on the bed beside Minho and took his hand over the bandage, his fingers were bruised and cut, dark patches covering the entire skin as a sign that they were in high without blood, probably the older was somewhere with handcuffed hands up. That made Jinki's heart tighten further, his heart was so tight that if it continued he would disappear so within the chest.

"I'm sorry." He whispered gently holding Minho’s hand. "I'm sorry you have suffered so much because of me, it's my entire fault."

"J-Jinki?"

Jinki looked up finding Minho staring at him, his left eye was minimally open because of hematoma. "Hyung!" He whispered doing more tears fall.

Minho looked at him in silence for a few minutes and Jinki felt there was something strange in that gaze, he felt as if the older was looking at him coldly, that same coldness with which Minho accustomed to look at him when he started working as a his bodyguard.

"S-something wrong?"

The older shook his head. "No, nothing's wrong."

Jinki nodded getting closer and sliding his fingers gently over Minho's face that close his eyes and sighed. "Are you okay? Is feeling much pain?"

"I'm fine, no pain." He said, eyes still closed.

He stood there sliding his fingers on Minho's face, sliding on the cheek, on the nose, on the lips, while the older was still with his eyes closed. Jinki slowly leaned forward and pressed his lips to Minho's who sighed and kissed him back, a simple touch of lips that for him it was better than anything.

"I missed you." He whispered against Minho's lips. "I missed you so much, I... I thought you... you would not come back anymore." He whispered feeling tears stream down his face.

Minho raised his hand that Jinki was not holding and wiped a tear that trickled down. "Don't cry, I'm here."

Jinki pouted that shook because of the crying. "You are? I still can't believe it, I've dreamed so many times with you, I dreamed so many times with you hugging me and every time I woke up alone and the pain only got worse every day."

The older blinked looking at Jinki and there he saw the gaze he knew, the loving gaze that only Minho showed when they were alone. "This is not a dream Jinki-yah, I'm here, I'm here." He whispered wiping another tear that escaped.

He nodded, leaning against Minho’s touch and closed his eyes allowing himself to feel the warmth of the hand of the older and the roughness of the bandage against his face.

Minho was there, Minho finally was home, Minho had finally come to him and Jinki did not know whether to cry of cheer or cry of despair that lodged itself inside of him in those hellish days. He was probably crying of both.

After awhile Jinki found himself lying next to Minho on the small bed, in the same bed he had slept many times before, but this was different because he could not snuggle against the older as he liked to do, he did not wanted to hurt Minho, what he did not want to. He lay there holding his arms to himself crushed against the wall and the body of the older, trying hard not to hug him, trying very hard.

"You don't need to be afraid to touch me, you know? I'm not made of glass and I will not break." He said amused.

Jinki snorted. "I don't want to hurt you more than you're already hurt." He said dejected, suddenly the weight of all the horror that Minho must have been, once again falling on him.

Minho turned slightly wincing as pain shot through his body causing Jinki tense. "I said I'm fine, you can stop acting like a concerned doctor and act more like a boyfriend who missed me."

"Oh, I'm... I'm sorry hyung." He said approaching and laying his head on Minho's shoulder sighing and feeling his good scent.

The older hummed and stayed in silent.

"We should call Jonghyun and warn that you are here. He is very worried." He murmured with closed eyes.

"He said something to the police about my disappearance?"

"No, he didn't say anything."

"That's better."

"M-my father is involved in this, is not it? He is somehow causing the police do nothing against Kang Chulmoo, right?"

"You know about him?" He asked surprised.

Jinki opened his eyes and stared at Minho who blinked a little shocked. "Yes, I know all about it."

"How?"

"Jonghyun told me and we discovered something else too."

"What have you found?"

"That Kyuhyun is working for him, he probably has something to do with your disappearance, but we didn't say anything yet, he continues as my bodyguard. Talking about it hyung, where were you?"

Minho stood silently staring at Jinki who swallowed. "I don't know, they were all masked all the time and they never talked near me, I honestly don't know how I'm still alive, I really thought I would die."

Jinki flinched squeezing his eyes shut, he would not stand if Minho had died, he would rather have died with or did on the older’s place. "But they didn't say anything, just beat on you and then throw you here?"

T he older closed his eye for a few seconds. "A message, is that they wanted to send, a message that it was useless to anyone try, no one would be able to stop them."

"Stop what, who wanted to send this message, Kang Chulmoo?"

"I don't know Jinki-yah, I don't know anything else."

He looked at Minho who was with an anguished expression on his face and saw that he was not helping, the older was in pain, tired and the last thing Jinki wanted to do was press Minho even more, now was not the time, not that night.

"Okay hyung." He said smiling. "Can I... can I sleep here with you?" He asked shyly.

"Do you want to?"

"I... I just need to be around you, I don't think I can sleep away from you anymore hyung. I'm so scared that if I leave here and sleep in my bed, tomorrow you will not be here, that tonight ever existed."

"Please stay. I also need you by my side, I also am afraid to wake up and realize that I am still chained in that filthy room in pain." He whispered running his fingers on Jinki's face.

Jinki snuggled closer. "You suffered so much hyung, I wish I could do something to improve, to make you forget."

"Then kiss me, kiss all my fears away, kiss me until we forget everything bad that happened."

He smiled leaning, closing his eyes and kissing Minho, though the lips of the older was chapped and a little swollen, was one of the best kisses they've shared, one of kisses where the two put all the nostalgia they felt each other these days with grief and despair.

The next morning Jinki yawned opening his eyes, sighing happily he snuggled against Minho who was still sleeping peacefully and took the opportunity to look at the older, despite being hurt he was still one of the most beautiful men he met.

"You felt so much my fault that now you'll be staring at me?" He said amused with his eyes closed.

Jinki smiled. "It's exactly like that, I need to look you for all the hours you stayed away from me."

Minho opened his eyes and smiled. "I missed you too." He whispered Jinki's face. "But you need to go to the hospital, right?" He asked with a strange expression.

He frowned, looked like Minho had been upset that he needed to go to the hospital or something. "Actually today is my day off, I... I can stay with you as much as you want." He said shyly.

"You're staying home today?"

"Yeah, you know, I also need to rest, I am not a machine." He said chuckling. "Actually I was very lucky to have the day off today, I would switch with Changsun-hyung, but I ended up not doing it."

Minho tensed beside him and Jinki looked worried.

"It's okay, are you feeling any pain?"

The older shook his head. "No, but I think I'm hungry."

Jinki laughed softly. "I think so, I'll get you something to eat." He said getting up and down the bed.

"Jinki-yah." He said holding his wrist.

"Yes?"

"I really missed you."

The smile that appeared on Jinki's lips was so bright it could light a small city for a whole day, the happiness filled in such a way that he felt he would explode. "Me too hyung, I miss you so much it hurt, I'm glad you're finally here with me." He said leaning over and pecking Minho's lips. "Now let me get you something to eat, you need to recover." He said pecking the older's lips again and left the room.

He walked by the way happy without worrying that he was barefoot and everyone was looking at him, now it was obvious to them that Jinki and Minho had something, at last night he had not crept into the room of the older as he always did, this time Jinki just went there and spent the night with Minho. He could say it was because he was worried or something, but Jinki did not care anymore, not now that he knew that his father already knew everything.

Jinki opened the door balancing a small tray in his hand and saw Minho sitting in bed talking on the phone, he approached placing the tray on the bedside table and sat on the bed beside the older waiting him to end the call.

Minho hung up the phone and gave it to Jinki who was a little confused looking at his hand until he realized it was his phone.

"You were using my phone?"

"Yes. Jonghyun called you and as I needed to talk to him, I took the opportunity to answer, sorry."

"No problems hyung." He said smiling. "Did he say anything?"

"About what?"

"About Kyuhyun or Chulmoo."

"No. Now listen to me Jinki-yah, I don't want you to target more on this subject, I want you to stay as far away as possible."

"What, why?"

"Because it's dangerous and I don't want anything to happen to you, I have suffered enough for both of us."

"But hyung..."

"No Jinki-yah please, now is not the time to be stubborn, I'm telling you this is dangerous and I don't want anything bad to happen to you. Chulmoo is no joking and now that I know some things, everything will only get worse, so please listen to me this time and stay out of it."

Jinki sighed looking at Minho who was with a serious expression, he was not kidding and he realized what he should do. "Okay, I'll stay away if that's what you want, but promise me you'll take care of yourself hyung, promise me!"

"I promise."

He nodded and put the cup out in Minho's hand. "You need to eat."

Minho smiled. "I have a particular nurse now?"

Jinki snorted. "Doctor, not a nurse."

"Oh, no sponge baths then?"

He narrowed his eyes. "Maybe I can play the nurse for today."

Minho chuckled taking a sip of coffee. "I like it."

"ert."

"Yeah, I am and also you."

"You have a point." He said taking the cup out of Minho's hands and taking a sip of coffee.

The week passed quickly and soon Minho returned to work as Jinki's bodyguard, but the odd thing was that Kyuhyun also was his bodyguard, the older had said that it was best to keep the other bodyguard around for now, why, Minho did not explain.

"Where are you going?"

"I need to talk to your father and Kyuhyun must go with me, I can't run the risk of leaving you alone with him again. So, please stay at home while I'm out."

"I can't just go with you?"

"No, stay home Jinki." He said leaving and closing the door.

Jinki huffed crossing his arms, he actually needed to talk to his father, then he'd have to disobey Minho again, but it would take a bodyguard with him, then it would be okay, right?

The secretary smiled so Jinki entered. "Jinki-ssi."

"My father's in there, right?"

"Yes, but he's busy, Minho-ssi-ssi and Kyuhyun-ssi are in there talking to him."

"Okay, I'll wait here."

The secretary looked suspicious to him who snorted, he could also be polite and polished.

Jinki and the secretary jumped when a loud sound echoed through the office, with wide eyes of both looked at each other.

"Was that a shot?" He asked looking at the doors to the office of his father.

"I-I guess so."

He turned and ran pushing the doors open that slammed against the wall, his mouth dropped open in shock as he looked into the office.